Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turks, Kurds and Muslims who saved the life of the christians during the Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KanadaHye
    replied
    Re: Turks, Kurds and Muslims who saved the life of the christians during the Genocide

Originally posted by Christina View Post
    There was a U.S. general that was quoted as saying in an interview: "they make more money in one day of war then in ten
    years of peace."

Doesn't surprise me!

Imagine all those wonderful contracts from those in connections with military, oil, land, engineers. Yup, them too.
    I know of someone whose husband was an American engineer for the army or some department and they sent him
    to Saudi Arabia to built a what not building, (forgot what it was).

So there is alot going on that doesn't make it into the mainstream media or any media.

BTW, the Bible states that when the people say peace peace there will be no peace for anyone. Anywhere.
    Peace is also utilized to influence a nation and it's people by making them think "no one wins in war" that
    "peace is the answer." But that can destabilize a nation, thereby making it easy for the enemy of a nation to
    invade or worse: mind control via propaganda. "Give peace a chance" motto of the 1960s and 1970s. Well not
    always a good thinking.

Who knows if the Communists are behind the long planning senario of duping the west? trust in peace 100%?
    Nah ah!
    Independence deserves fighting to protect the rights. It naturally means war. The rise to power of many a
    nation as borne out of war and resistance fighting.
    Greece had to do it after 400 years of Ottoman rule!
    Yes, there are some cases of "rise to power comes from peace."
    But Armenia had to fight to get the independence 1918 era, then loose it to the betrayal of the Bolsheviks, only to
    have to fight for Karapagh-gosh, war is draining!

Not to fight, not to be willing to fight-is to assure a destroyed civilization and people!
    You fight in defense of your territory. Being at war with your neighbours will never lead to prosperity (unless you're Israel and you funnel huge sums of money from America).

Was the cost of independence really worth it in hindsight or were Armenians duped out of their lands?

Leave a comment:

• Christina
    replied
    Re: Turks, Kurds and Muslims who saved the life of the christians during the Genocide

There was a U.S. general that was quoted as saying in an interview: "they make more money in one day of war then in ten
    years of peace."

Doesn't surprise me!

Imagine all those wonderful contracts from those in connections with military, oil, land, engineers. Yup, them too.
    I know of someone whose husband was an American engineer for the army or some department and they sent him
    to Saudi Arabia to built a what not building, (forgot what it was).

So there is alot going on that doesn't make it into the mainstream media or any media.

BTW, the Bible states that when the people say peace peace there will be no peace for anyone. Anywhere.
    Peace is also utilized to influence a nation and it's people by making them think "no one wins in war" that
    "peace is the answer." But that can destabilize a nation, thereby making it easy for the enemy of a nation to
    invade or worse: mind control via propaganda. "Give peace a chance" motto of the 1960s and 1970s. Well not
    always a good thinking.

Who knows if the Communists are behind the long planning senario of duping the west? trust in peace 100%?
    Nah ah!
    Independence deserves fighting to protect the rights. It naturally means war. The rise to power of many a
    nation as borne out of war and resistance fighting.
    Greece had to do it after 400 years of Ottoman rule!
    Yes, there are some cases of "rise to power comes from peace."
    But Armenia had to fight to get the independence 1918 era, then loose it to the betrayal of the Bolsheviks, only to
    have to fight for Karapagh-gosh, war is draining!

Not to fight, not to be willing to fight-is to assure a destroyed civilization and people!

Leave a comment:

• Christina
    replied

There were some, I am sure, but few. There is always a few that do the right thing for others. In history this fact is borne out.
    Too sadly, it is a sad commentary on their own people-re: those few (you can count on your fingers so to speak) of Muslims,
    Kurds, other Christians, Americans, British, etc. that took it upon themselves to help Armenians and Greeks to safety or to
    hide them and aid them in different ways. That has to do with the inner conscience and morality and ethics of the individual.
    But of course, I know we all know this.
    The unsung heros of any historic event-we just should be thankful that these few were able to save even one soul! (my example),
    that means there was an extra life saved! That is valuable for Armenian values and hope. Each life that was
    saved-made for a life able to praise the Lord and bless the Armenian way of life. Adds extra survivors that can
    share the memory of real way of life that is lost in our modern world, of the value of enjoying the simple things
    in life, how families were, etc. to share with our generation. The fact that these survivors as well as the
    others are a living link to the past. To a way of life, long gone. Living History is precious. Once these seniors
    are all gone, as they are passing away due to old age, we will all be lonely and at a inner loss. They are the
    link to the inner us in all of us.

Leave a comment:

• KanadaHye
    replied

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
    That is very easy to say, since you ( I am assuming) "have not been a direct victim" of that type of crime.

Let me tell you a little about my life.

During the "disturbances" in the early sixties in Cyprus we as a family lost everything, I mean everything home, "possessions" the lot.
    My parents were not at an age where they could recover and rebuild from that loss.
    As a result we grew up as refugees in appalling conditions, some people describe those (their) years as best years of their lives.
    We had no help from anybody.
    We were not the only people in that situation.

I know that first hand.
    Our forefathers endured suffering in multiple magnitude than that and as a notion.

In this case Kanadahye you are talking from your arse.
    It is not your pencil that that they have stolen and you are forgiving them.

You have no right to give forgiveness on anybody's behalf.

As for you not "forgetting" ...... God save us ......

Uh huh. Same situation here. At the very bottom of political and economic turmoil during the late 70's in Turkey, they decided to sell everything for next to nothing and relocate to North America to give their kids a "better future". So in the past 30 years or so, my parents have worked their asses off 24/7 to rebuild what they had back then only to find out that generations of labor can't be replaced in half a generation.

Take a look at immigration patterns around the world. You aren't alone.

Life is a bi*tch. You take the torch and run with it.

Leave a comment:

• londontsi
    replied

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    Forgive but never forget.
    That is very easy to say, since you ( I am assuming) "have not been a direct victim" of that type of crime.

Let me tell you a little about my life.

During the "disturbances" in the early sixties in Cyprus we as a family lost everything, I mean everything home, "possessions" the lot.
    My parents were not at an age where they could recover and rebuild from that loss.
    As a result we grew up as refugees in appalling conditions, some people describe those (their) years as best years of their lives.
    We had no help from anybody.
    We were not the only people in that situation.

I know that first hand.
    Our forefathers endured suffering in multiple magnitude than that and as a notion.

In this case Kanadahye you are talking from your arse.
    It is not your pencil that that they have stolen and you are forgiving them.

You have no right to give forgiveness on anybody's behalf.

As for you not "forgetting" ...... God save us ......

Leave a comment:

• KanadaHye
    replied

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
    Yes it does. (probably you mean all Germans).

That is why when the German Government pays reparations to Israel it is not only paying for the previous regime but
    also on behalf of its people since anything paid is from the German peoples pocket.

I would not go as far as to say all Germanic people, those who do not live in Germany.

No different to people such as Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan or any other Turkic peoples/countries.
    The reparations is a separate issue and makes even more sense with the Armenian Genocide during WW1 then it does with the J3wish Genocide during WW2. Armenians want their lands and the wealth that was stolen from Armenian communities. In the case of Israel, the Zionists created a state within the fallen Ottoman Empire and transferred funds from Nazi Germany to Israel and punished future German citizens in addition. A lot of these funds were held in Swiss banks (the Swiss lands and banks seemed to have been unaffected by WW2 whereas the Ottoman banking system sort of disappeared)

Leave a comment:

• londontsi
    replied

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    True but that doesn't make all Germanic people responsible for the actions of the state which was really being led by Imperialists.
    Yes it does. (probably you mean all Germans).

That is why when the German Government pays reparations to Israel it is not only paying for the previous regime but
    also on behalf of its people since anything paid is from the German peoples pocket.

I would not go as far as to say all Germanic people, those who do not live in Germany.

No different to people such as Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan or any other Turkic peoples/countries.

Leave a comment:

• KanadaHye
    replied

Originally posted by Davo88 View Post
    I'm sure that there were Germans who, during the Holocaust, did not go kill Je-ws despite the orders. Those acts of heroism are commendable, but does not make Nazi Germany any less responsible for their crimes. It is the same for the Armenian case.
    True but that doesn't make all Germanic people responsible for the actions of the state which was really being led by Imperialists. I have no hate towards Turks, Kurds and Muslims but rather the Imperialists that got away with the crimes and are still benefiting to this day. They are untouchable and always will be. The only way to defeat them is not to fall into their traps which are designed to create rifts between the common folk. Our rise to power comes from peace. War only benefits the Imperialists. Forgive but never forget.

Leave a comment:

• Hayayrun
    replied

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    As I've said, a few good apples doesn't justify all the bad apples. A rather large majority of Turks/Kurds/Muslims involved were (and still are) Genocidal maniacs - and the people who just stood there and watched their neighbours being massacred are also condemnable. I still don't understand why the world takes a country seriously which has been established based on genocide, lies and propaganda. Turkey is a fake country using their lies to mask their genocidal and barbaric nature.
    Yes, I'm thinking like you go to hell turks and kurds!!!
    "maybe it's true there were a few good people, who helped armenians, but this brutal genocide killing about 1,5 000 000 innocent otoman citizen, because they were armenians and chistians, cannot be justified, it should be damn."

I myself hate all turkish and kurdish people and I am swearing every day to them.
    Everybody who have a armenian soul should damning and swearing to them like me...

Leave a comment:

• Davo88
    replied

I'm sure that there were Germans who, during the Holocaust, did not go kill Je-ws despite the orders. Those acts of heroism are commendable, but does not make Nazi Germany any less responsible for their crimes. It is the same for the Armenian case.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X