Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hidden "Armenians" in Turkey....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden "Armenians" in Turkey....

Hidden 'Armenians' in Turkey...

I don’t know what you guys think of the clip and the people there( some of you might be tearful), but personally I have no pity for these Armenians, they are an utter embarrassment to our nation...

Re: Hidden "Armenians" in Turkey....

My father's aunt in Istanbul used to travel to Anatolia and adopt these "hidden" Armenians and raise them as Armenians. She taught them the language, religion, traditions, etc.

The fact that these people cannot willingly and freely practice whichever culture they feel they are part of is a testament to the intolerance and hostility in Turkey.

Comment

Turkey's idiotic government system is really starting to get on my nerves! I can't wait until Turkey is no more and then all "hidden" Armenians could freely practice their freedoms!

Comment

I don't like the fact that they are treated so badly but I think that if they stand up for themselves they will show the Turks that they really are the same (outside religion and ethnicity). I think that they show the Turks that we are so similar in most aspects that it's almost impossible to tell the difference between us if you take away our religion and language. I think that this will lead to integration and even acceptance for one another which, in my opinion, seems better than hate and animosity in Turkey.

Comment

Maybe "They" and "you", but keep it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by skhara View Post
            Maybe "They" and "you", but keep it at that.
            Why just "me" and "them"?

Comment

Originally posted by sev_zeytun View Post
              I don't like the fact that they are treated so badly but I think that if they stand up for themselves they will show the Turks that they really are the same (outside religion and ethnicity). I think that they show the Turks that we are so similar in most aspects that it's almost impossible to tell the difference between us if you take away our religion and language. I think that this will lead to integration and even acceptance for one another which, in my opinion, seems better than hate and animosity in Turkey.
              I completely agree....From the way they look, I wouldnt have told the difference between these people and the turks...This video is a disgrace to turks...Its at least a good thing that they were looked after as a child by turks even though their true identity was hidded...
              I also want to add somthing....
              I dont know if any of you realized turks dont have any "asian" looks even though they come from asia...most of them look middle eastern wondered why? I have my personaly explanation...It a know fact that they kept the children left from a war and made them soldiers, gave them turkish identity and tought them islam.... I personally think that the main reason of turks being obsessed with their "turkish blood" and "turkish nationality" is cause of these mixings...Thats why if you call a turk "gavur" in other words "infidel" its a big insult...Also I personally know some "fanatic turks" who are "obsessed" with being a turk and at the same time they have a non-turk family root...Therefore its like a defence mechanism for them to have "extra fanatic" turkishness...
              Last edited by gizzy; 05-03-2007, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Well I know these people. Even there is one at our family. She was my fathers aunts mother, and we know that she was born at Armenian. She was dead at 1994 and I wouldnt have time to talk with her about her past. I remember that it was a kind of joke among the family that when she become angry to someone else, everyone was keep silent and say that "her Armenian vein is rised" This is a really very sad part of 1915. And a very interesting situation in modern Turkey that many people doesnt know that they have Armenian roots. Actually their children was borned as Muslim Turks and the Armenian roots are just a nostalgy, unfortunately.

Of course they were not treatened bad, how can it be, they were your mothers and fathers.

Comment

What the-BLOODY-HELL-is this?
                  I guess some Turks, by spewing their kaka around here, have affected you so much… but please, for God’s sake stop the “we” talk…
                  The thread was not necessary, my mistake...

I don't like the fact that they are treated so
                  badly but I think that if they stand up for themselves they will show the Turks that they really are the same (outside religion and ethnicity). I think that they show the Turks that we are so similar in most aspects that it's almost impossible to tell the difference between us if you take away our religion and language. I think that this will lead to integration and even acceptance for one another which, in my opinion, seems better than hate and animosity in Turkey.
                  Last edited by Lucin; 05-04-2007, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
                    What the-BLOODY-HELL-is this?
                    I guess some Turks, by spewing their kaka around here, have affected you so much… but please, for God’s sake stop the “we” talk…
                    The thread was not necessary, my mistake...
                    I agree, what the hell is this?
                    Lets continue to hate Turks.

Comment

Working...
                    X