Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!


2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.


- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.


8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hebrew words inside the Armenian language

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hebrew words inside the Armenian language

    Hello,


    I have noticed several Hebrew words inside the Armenian language, which may be of interest to you.

    Examples:

    khoz խոզ - pig - chazir (Haza is a yiddish word for a pig) חזיר

    gaghuth գաղութ - diaspora - galut גלות

    khanuth խանութ - shop - hanut/chanut חֲנוּת

    hashiv հաշիվ - account - chesh/chesbon חשבון

    shuka շուկա - market - shuk שוק

    shapath շապաթ - saturday - shabbat שַׁבָּת (kiraki or sunday is the first day of the week just like in Israel, and monday is the second)

    Astvats/Astuats - God - Asherah or Ashtorat/Astarte (Northwest semitic/Greek word for goddess of fertility derived from Ishtar [East semitic or Akkadian goddess], in turn derived from Inanna [Sumerian goddess], in turn derived from Hannahannah [Hurrian goddess])
    Note: Inanna's symbol is an eight-pointed star or a rosette. The words "Astr/Astgh/Astro" which became the word Star in English are related. (In turn, Astvat-ereta is an alternate name for Saoshyant, or the last saviour expected by Zoroaster)

    har minni (The Minni of the mountains/hills/city mounds? in Hebrew)(or mountains of the Minni?)
    http://biblehub.com/hebrew/2022.htm
    Could also be "hur" + "minni". Just a thought - this might prove that the Armenians are a mix of Mannaeans (mini/minni of the bible), who spoke an Iranic language more favoured by Cyrus of Persia than, say, the Hurrian language.


    Hope you enjoyed the read.
    Last edited by Vitilsky; 04-15-2015, 07:26 AM.

  • #2
    Re: Hebrew words inside the Armenian language

    har minni (The Minni of the mountains/hills/city mounds? in Hebrew)(or mountains of the Minni?)
    http://biblehub.com/hebrew/2022.htm
    Could also be "hur" + "minni". Just a thought - this might prove that the Armenians are a mix of Mannaeans (mini/minni of the bible), who spoke an Iranic language more favoured by Cyrus of Persia than, say, the Hurrian language.
    biblehub.com

    Last edited by Chubs; 04-16-2015, 08:15 PM.
    Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Hebrew words inside the Armenian language



      Anybody interested in the roots of Armenian language should find this interested.

      .
      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Hebrew words inside the Armenian language

        Originally posted by londontsi View Post


        Anybody interested in the roots of Armenian language should find this interested.

        .
        Regretfully I can't understand my own language so am not able to utilize the above post.
        I start from the flood. My estimate is approx 10,000 years ago. That coincides with one of the old Hayastan calendars.
        Noah and his sons all spoke the same language . The language split started significantly later (my estimate).
        Abram who became Abraham came from the Shem line (the brother of Japheth ).
        Abraham came from Mari, a place in N. Mesopotamia . Mari had a large number of Armenians living there. Also many Assyrians .
        The story of Haig (Hayk) leaving the tyrant Bellus and going back to his original land, is also the end of the story of our very long presence in Sumer (Shumer).
        In the end days of Sumer the Assyrians were the last of the participating parties of the city states.
        In the days preceding the shift from Akkad (Agad) to Assyr, a number of city states were Akkadian and a number of city states were us (Hurrian/Armenian). That us also includes Mittani, suberian etc with only a tribal affiliation being the difference.
        The story of Hayk & Bel is actually the end of the Sumer story.
        There were 3 languages present during the height of Shumer, Japheth , Shem, and the third was the formal court language by a ruling class that is not spoken of.
        The cities between the rivers were originally small settlements of Shem & Japheth as the flood waters receded. Sometime long after those original settlements had been established, the third dominant group came and Japhetic & Shemitic served them. When this third group lost power and crumbled is when the Assur story begins and a little later Hayk leaves.
        From the days of Japheth and Shem their children were in constant contact.
        There has got to be a connection between the languages.
        HARK

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Hebrew words inside the Armenian language

          Originally posted by Artashes View Post
          Regretfully I can't understand my own language so am not able to utilize the above post.
          I start from the flood. My estimate is approx 10,000 years ago. That coincides with one of the old Hayastan calendars.
          Noah and his sons all spoke the same language . The language split started significantly later (my estimate).
          Abram who became Abraham came from the Shem line (the brother of Japheth ).
          Abraham came from Mari, a place in N. Mesopotamia . Mari had a large number of Armenians living there. Also many Assyrians .
          The story of Haig (Hayk) leaving the tyrant Bellus and going back to his original land, is also the end of the story of our very long presence in Sumer (Shumer).
          In the end days of Sumer the Assyrians were the last of the participating parties of the city states.
          In the days preceding the shift from Akkad (Agad) to Assyr, a number of city states were Akkadian and a number of city states were us (Hurrian/Armenian). That us also includes Mittani, suberian etc with only a tribal affiliation being the difference.
          The story of Hayk & Bel is actually the end of the Sumer story.
          There were 3 languages present during the height of Shumer, Japheth , Shem, and the third was the formal court language by a ruling class that is not spoken of.
          The cities between the rivers were originally small settlements of Shem & Japheth as the flood waters receded. Sometime long after those original settlements had been established, the third dominant group came and Japhetic & Shemitic served them. When this third group lost power and crumbled is when the Assur story begins and a little later Hayk leaves.
          From the days of Japheth and Shem their children were in constant contact.
          There has got to be a connection between the languages.
          I'm struggling to make some points clear, so try again.

          The story of Hayk says ... And he left and went back to his original land (I paraphrase).
          Which means he came there from Hay. The story doesn't say when he left Hayastan and went south. It doesn't say how long he was there.
          The story clearly states Bellus was a giant. Not as prominently stated but also clearly stated, so was Hayk.
          The distance in time between this story and the original small settlements between two raging rivers (because flood water were still subsiding) is very long.
          There were no j-ews in Shumer, only Semites (Shemites).
          The Semitic language and our language still retain -- something -- from how Noah -- spoke.
          That was both of ours base language.
          HARK

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Hebrew words inside the Armenian language

            Originally posted by Artashes View Post
            I'm struggling to make some points clear, so try again.

            The story of Hayk says ... And he left and went back to his original land (I paraphrase).
            Which means he came there from Hay. The story doesn't say when he left Hayastan and went south. It doesn't say how long he was there.
            The story clearly states Bellus was a giant. Not as prominently stated but also clearly stated, so was Hayk.
            The distance in time between this story and the original small settlements between two raging rivers (because flood water were still subsiding) is very long.
            There were no j-ews in Shumer, only Semites (Shemites).
            The Semitic language and our language still retain -- something -- from how Noah -- spoke.
            That was both of ours base language.
            Sorry but I again need to clarify.
            When it says Hayk went back to original homeland, it does not mean Hayk himself was born there and then immigrated south. The people's Hayk is associated with originally came from the highlands.
            The contact between the highlands and the furthest reaches of the rivers (Tigris/Euphrates ) has been continuos since the waters receded to that extent long ago.
            HARK

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Hebrew words inside the Armenian language

              Originally posted by Artashes View Post
              Sorry but I again need to clarify.
              When it says Hayk went back to original homeland, it does not mean Hayk himself was born there and then immigrated south. The people's Hayk is associated with originally came from the highlands.
              The contact between the highlands and the furthest reaches of the rivers (Tigris/Euphrates ) has been continuos since the waters receded to that extent long ago.

              Artashes,

              The "History" of Hayk and Bel is mixed with legend and mythology.
              This part of the Armenian history is normally taught to 5-6 year olds.

              Never beyond that. Having said that I think every Armenian kid should go through that teaching
              because it teaches us some of the characteristics of who we are.

              Here are couple of links about the subject.

              http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayk
              http://100years100facts.com/facts/tr...ugust-2492-bc/


              Anything further its best to google "Hayk and Bel".


              .
              Last edited by londontsi; 04-18-2015, 10:25 AM.
              Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
              Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
              Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Hebrew words inside the Armenian language

                Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                Artashes,

                The "History" of Hayk and Bel is mixed with legend and mythology.
                This part of the Armenian history is normally taught to 5-6 year olds.

                Never beyond that. Having said that I think every Armenian kid should go through that teaching
                because it teaches us some of the characteristics of who we are.

                Here are couple of links about the subject.

                http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayk
                http://100years100facts.com/facts/tr...ugust-2492-bc/


                Anything further its best to google "Hayk and Bel".


                .
                ---- legend and mythology ----
                You are right on both accounts, I agree.
                Both legend and mythology are the terms for the "spoken/written" physical data that was passed down from a previous generation(s).
                The accounts still retained and gathered reflect a perspective of events described that often go into fantasy.
                These accounts are have certain factual info on events of that time but are being told by people who are in a vastly different cultural situation that is situated in a world where many parts are unknown.
                Bottom line is --- Hayk was actually a real person. The story of Sumer (Shumer) and the city states shows both Japhetic and Shemitic settlements from the earliest times. Then some blank spot where the court language came into being. Then this after some time seems to cease to exist except for language still being used. But original institutors are gone. Assur takes over and second Mesopotamia story (and last ) takes place.
                Anything marked *ur* was Japheth. Erich and others were Shem.
                Those small communities in the early days of the flood waters receding to the point that the lands between these rivers and outside and near by these rivers became admirable habitat land got along quite well . There was no contest for land. Also it took quite some time for the waters to recede that far and we previously knew each others.
                Things then were not the same as today.
                The place Hayk left which is now noted as Assyrian was in the earliest days of Summerian record by both of us. The Ur of Chaldea are not the earliest but only one.
                In the oldest days from Noah , his progeny followed the receding waters.
                Starting from day one.
                Our family that extended south to the furthest reaches of the Tigres and Euphrates rivers left that region in the final death throws of the Summerian culture that used that 3rd "court language that was neither Shem nor japh.
                That part of the legend/mythology is correct. You see Urartu move north. You see why when Urartu was south they called it *urartu*.
                Too many times , too many strands of the first accounts are verifiable.
                Big gaps in the history.
                All info points to --- flood , then us at that site.
                HARK

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Hebrew words inside the Armenian language

                  Originally posted by londontsi View Post


                  Anybody interested in the roots of Armenian language should find this interested.

                  .


                  If you found part 2 part 1 just as interesting.

                  .
                  Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Hebrew words inside the Armenian language

                    Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                    Artashes,

                    The "History" of Hayk and Bel is mixed with legend and mythology.
                    This part of the Armenian history is normally taught to 5-6 year olds.

                    Never beyond that. Having said that I think every Armenian kid should go through that teaching
                    because it teaches us some of the characteristics of who we are.

                    Here are couple of links about the subject.

                    http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayk
                    http://100years100facts.com/facts/tr...ugust-2492-bc/


                    Anything further its best to google "Hayk and Bel".


                    .
                    Actually, it's wholly possible that "Hayk and Bel" refer to the Mesopotamian god Hayya and Bel, or Belus in other sources could refer to a variation of the name Baal, which is a Semitic god. Not implausible.

                    I didn't come to talk about ancient gods though, just wanted to point out similarities between the languages that show a distant connection.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X