Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Kardashian Is Dead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kardashian Is Dead!

Originally posted by iFemale View Post
    Ya'll are pathetic. And like Federate said, "Just another Kardashian thread." Everytime you mention a Kardashian, you are secretly a loving fan. So stop sticking your Armo noses everywhere and live your own life. Let these celebrities figure themselves out first.
    This is the Jokes & Humor section. If you aren't at least going to make fun of big noses or attempt to add some humor to the discussion then butt out (no pun intended).
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by iFemale View Post
      Ya'll are pathetic. And like Federate said, "Just another Kardashian thread." Everytime you mention a Kardashian, you are secretly a loving fan. So stop sticking your Armo noses everywhere and live your own life. Let these celebrities figure themselves out first.
      Poor old Kardashian, I feel so bad for her, her life is already so hard....

So iFemale Kardashian is role model for you?
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Just because she says that she doesn't see the point of going on about Kim, doesn't mean she sees her as a rolemodel. I think Justin Bieber is an idiot, I think Friday sucks from Rebecca Black, I'm still not gonna go on about it and post death threats to them or whatever. Who gives, they're gonna do what they do anyway. My Earl Grey is far more important.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
          Just because she says that she doesn't see the point of going on about Kim, doesn't mean she sees her as a rolemodel. I think Justin Bieber is an idiot, I think Friday sucks from Rebecca Black, I'm still not gonna go on about it and post death threats to them or whatever. Who gives, they're gonna do what they do anyway. My Earl Grey is far more important.
          Yes but Kardashian is Satan's b*tch, thus we have a duty to cleanse this earth of such creatures.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Nah, she's just the normal Hollywood Socialite, she's little different from Paris Hilton and such ilk.
            Whether or not she calls herself Armenian isn't really relevant, people will still see her as Armenian due to her heritage, just like people will still see Porfirio Diaz as Mexican or Adolf Hitler as German. Like it or not she has Armenian ancestry, her being alive or dead, she still will be logged as a famous Armenian.

Can't do much about it other than realize you get idiots in all cultures.

Comment

Nah, she's just the normal Hollywood Socialite, she's little different from Paris Hilton and such ilk.
              Whether or not she calls herself Armenian isn't really relevant, people will still see her as Armenian due to her heritage, just like people will still see Porfirio Diaz as Mexican or Adolf Hitler as German. Like it or not she has Armenian ancestry, her being alive or dead, she still will be logged as a famous Armenian.

Can't do much about it other than realize you get idiots in all cultures.
              How about I call myself Chinese? It seems to me you don't understand what heritage implies. Heritage implies that the given person grew up with the values and mindset of the heritage that person claims to be. So I can't say I'm Chinese because I didn't grow up in Chinese values with Chinese culture and values. Same goes for Kardashian. Why doesn't she relate to the culture which she grew up in, which is American? It's obvious why she lies about her heritage, and that is to look difference and most importantly make money. She's a money wh*re like all others in Hollywood. Plus, her dad was actually half Assyrian, but of course that is not as important as the growing up, because it's the values and mindset that make who you are, not genes related to ethnicity.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                How about I call myself Chinese? It seems to me you don't understand what heritage implies. Heritage implies that the given person grew up with the values and mindset of the heritage that person claims to be. So I can't say I'm Chinese because I didn't grow up in Chinese values with Chinese culture and values. Same goes for Kardashian. Why doesn't she relate to the culture which she grew up in, which is American? It's obvious why she lies about her heritage, and that is to look difference and most importantly make money. She's a money wh*re like all others in Hollywood. Plus, her dad was actually half Assyrian, but of course that is not as important as the growing up, because it's the values and mindset that make who you are, not genes related to ethnicity.
                Apparently an American can go get some Armenian sperm from the donor bank and then claim their offspring is Armenian. It doesn't work that way. Genes don't mean a damn thing. She's a money worshipping American.
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

And both of you seem to have entirely missed the premise of what I said.
                  I never claimed to say that genes make you who you are, that's misrepresenting my opinion and a logical fallacy.
                  What I said what, as she is of Armenian ancestry, the public will view her as an Armenian, I'm not saying she is true to her identity or her heritage, there are plenty of vendidos, this is not the point.
                  The point is, she is still Armenian, most of the population will see her as such, her being silenced or whatever won't change that. Like it or not, she has Armenian ancestry and people will associate her with Armenia, more often than not otars, but some Armenians as well.

Regardless, when I think of famous contemporary Armenians, she is the last person that comes to mind, usually it's System of a Down or Charles Aznavour.

All I'm saying is, even if we don't like someone and they misrepresent somemone, we can't change that they will be listed as a said ethnicity. I don't think Jessica Alba is a good example of a Mexican, and she certainly does not identify as such, but like it or not, they will mention her Mexican ancestry in her biography. Nothing I can do about that.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                    Apparently an American can go get some Armenian sperm from the donor bank and then claim their offspring is Armenian. It doesn't work that way. Genes don't mean a damn thing. She's a money worshipping American.
                    Exactly.

And both of you seem to have entirely missed the premise of what I said.
                    I never claimed to say that genes make you who you are, that's misrepresenting my opinion and a logical fallacy.
                    What I said what, as she is of Armenian ancestry, the public will view her as an Armenian, I'm not saying she is true to her identity or her heritage, there are plenty of vendidos, this is not the point.
                    The point is, she is still Armenian, most of the population will see her as such, her being silenced or whatever won't change that. Like it or not, she has Armenian ancestry and people will associate her with Armenia, more often than not otars, but some Armenians as well.

Regardless, when I think of famous contemporary Armenians, she is the last person that comes to mind, usually it's System of a Down or Charles Aznavour.

All I'm saying is, even if we don't like someone and they misrepresent somemone, we can't change that they will be listed as a said ethnicity. I don't think Jessica Alba is a good example of a Mexican, and she certainly does not identify as such, but like it or not, they will mention her Mexican ancestry in her biography. Nothing I can do about that.
                    So that false perception has to be changed. Because it's false. Why should we stay silent when people are believing false things? Why should we be silent if one person alone is able to damage our people's reputation, even without being part of our people? The public is wrong in many things, they should be reminded of the facts.

Again she has no Armenian ancestry according to the realistic definition of ancestry. It's like saying Americans whose ancestors came in the 1700s should be associated with England or Germany rather than US.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---

Comment

I'll tell you what the majority of the public will say : She's still Armenian.
                      Because if I remind them that certain characters who happen to be Mexicans are not reflective of Mexican culture or even admitting of ancestry, they will most certainly tell me that they still are Mexican and that I only see them as not Mexican due to my own judgement of their deeds, which would be correct, but it still would not change the public's mind.

As far as I understand it, Robert Kardashian is Armenian, Kardashian was born in Los Angeles, California, the son of Armenian-American parents Helen (née Arakelian) and Arthur Kardashian, that's pretty much as Armenian as it comes surname wise. I do not see any Assyrian there. Even if there was, people will notice the -ian in her surname, assume it's Armenian and see her as Armenian.

She's not the only Armenian who is selling out Armenia, I'd say Anahit Kasparian who appears on the Young Turks is far worse, because she collaborates with two Turks who happen to call themselves the Young Turks and have made fun of Armenians and usually stereotype Armenians.

Again, I'm not saying she reflects Hayer in the slightest, I'm just saying, that people will see her as Armenian due to her saying she is Armenian, having an Armenian last name, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X