Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!


2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.


- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.


8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia's Economic Pulse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Armenian News Network / Groong

    [Next Article][Previous Article][Main Index]
    Aram Safaryan sees positive economic trends in EAEU member states

    • From: Katia Peltekian <kpeltekian@gmail.com>
    • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 22:05:15 -0400


    ARMINFO News Agency, Armenia July 15, 2017 Saturday Aram Safaryan sees positive economic trends in EAEU member states YEREVAN, JULY 15, ARMENPRESS. According to the statistics of January-May 2017, there are positive economic trends in the member states of the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU), Aram Safaryan – chairman of ‘Integration and Development’ NGO, coordinator of Eurasian expert club, told a press conference in Armenpress while presenting Armenia’s economic figures in the first 5 months of 2017 in the context of membership to the EAEU. Safaryan said the President of the Russian Central Bank announced that Russia enters new stage of economic development and a good year is predicted for Russia. “Here it is important to note that major rating organizations have revised the figures for Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Armenia and promised new growth rates. According to those figures, compared to what has been predicted previously, Armenia can record from 2.5 up to 3, even up to 3.4 economic development rate within the course of the year. This is quite high figure”, Aram Safaryan said, adding that Armenia completed last year with 0.2% economic growth rate. He said Armenia’s economy can develop at higher rates in 2018. Aram Safaryan stated that the highest rate ensuring economic growth is in export field and here already a double-digit economic growth has been recorded within five months, moreover, through the export of ready-made products. “We can solve employment, social and other issues in our country only through increase and export of the volume of ready-made product. We are optimistic over the development of spheres which were previously exhausted – textile, footwear production, which seemed were hopeless. However, we see that these fields received a chance to develop under the EAEU”, he stated. He also attached importance to the activeness registered in tourism field, stating that the number of Russian tourists visiting Armenia has increased. It is expected this trend will continue in future. According to Safaryan, as the overall expectations are positive, here the issues on how the tax, customs agencies, state structures, credit organizations and banks will work become important, as well as on how the political figures will negotiate on increasing the opportunities and etc. The development of upcoming years will greatly depend on this. He added that Armenia doesn’t take part in procurement market since the public sector doesn’t cooperate with the private sector to submit competitive proposals with famous Russian standards. The other countries have serious lobbying opportunities. The culture of participating in the procurement process in another country has not yet been formed in Armenia, and, according to Safaryan, active work and cooperation at various directions are necessary.
    [Next Article][Previous Article][Main Index] [ Reply to sender | Write to Groong ]
    Hayastan or Bust.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      Armenian News Network / Groong

      [Next Article][Previous Article][Main Index]
      Aram Safaryan sees positive economic trends in EAEU member states

      • From: Katia Peltekian <kpeltekian@gmail.com>
      • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 22:05:15 -0400


      ARMINFO News Agency, Armenia July 15, 2017 Saturday Aram Safaryan sees positive economic trends in EAEU member states YEREVAN, JULY 15, ARMENPRESS. According to the statistics of January-May 2017, there are positive economic trends in the member states of the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU), Aram Safaryan – chairman of ‘Integration and Development’ NGO, coordinator of Eurasian expert club, told a press conference in Armenpress while presenting Armenia’s economic figures in the first 5 months of 2017 in the context of membership to the EAEU. Safaryan said the President of the Russian Central Bank announced that Russia enters new stage of economic development and a good year is predicted for Russia. “Here it is important to note that major rating organizations have revised the figures for Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Armenia and promised new growth rates. According to those figures, compared to what has been predicted previously, Armenia can record from 2.5 up to 3, even up to 3.4 economic development rate within the course of the year. This is quite high figure”, Aram Safaryan said, adding that Armenia completed last year with 0.2% economic growth rate. He said Armenia’s economy can develop at higher rates in 2018. Aram Safaryan stated that the highest rate ensuring economic growth is in export field and here already a double-digit economic growth has been recorded within five months, moreover, through the export of ready-made products. “We can solve employment, social and other issues in our country only through increase and export of the volume of ready-made product. We are optimistic over the development of spheres which were previously exhausted – textile, footwear production, which seemed were hopeless. However, we see that these fields received a chance to develop under the EAEU”, he stated. He also attached importance to the activeness registered in tourism field, stating that the number of Russian tourists visiting Armenia has increased. It is expected this trend will continue in future. According to Safaryan, as the overall expectations are positive, here the issues on how the tax, customs agencies, state structures, credit organizations and banks will work become important, as well as on how the political figures will negotiate on increasing the opportunities and etc. The development of upcoming years will greatly depend on this. He added that Armenia doesn’t take part in procurement market since the public sector doesn’t cooperate with the private sector to submit competitive proposals with famous Russian standards. The other countries have serious lobbying opportunities. The culture of participating in the procurement process in another country has not yet been formed in Armenia, and, according to Safaryan, active work and cooperation at various directions are necessary.
      [Next Article][Previous Article][Main Index] [ Reply to sender | Write to Groong ]
      Fake news. Armenia was already part of thr CIS and would have the same benefits economically had it not entered the EEU. Kind of hoping this entire Russian experiment blows up in their imperialist faces.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DieHard69 View Post

        1/3rd of the entire population is living in Yerevan.

        Armenia is not a cooking recipe, 1/3 of this and 1/3 of that.

        You have to look at the country as a totality.

        Equally important look at the population and economy of the country as a totality.

        Describing Yerevan as vibrant economically is a bit like describing the diaspora as vibrant.
        The reality is the old generation(s) have assimilated and replaced by the new migrants who naturally have links with their identity.

        The regions being ignored, people leave for the metropolis. the city may look vibrant.

        The reality is once the region's population has uprooted itself in seeking a better life
        it will not find it difficult to leave yet again its new found "place of economic activity" since it has lost/ broken its bond with his original birthplace.
        Last edited by londontsi; 07-17-2017, 10:36 PM.
        Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
        Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
        Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

        Comment


        • https://www.facebook.com/solarONarme...9665065457159/
          Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
          Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

          Comment


          • Originally posted by HyeSocialist View Post

            Fake news. Armenia was already part of thr CIS and would have the same benefits economically had it not entered the EEU. Kind of hoping this entire Russian experiment blows up in their imperialist faces.
            Agreed.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by londontsi View Post


              Armenia is not a cooking recipe, 1/3 of this and 1/3 of that.

              You have to look at the country as a totality.

              Equally important look at the population and economy of the country as a totality.

              Describing Yerevan as vibrant economically is a bit like describing the diaspora as vibrant.
              The reality is the old generation(s) have assimilated and replaced by the new migrants who naturally have links with their identity.

              The regions being ignored, people leave for the metropolis. the city may look vibrant.

              The reality is once the region's population has uprooted itself in seeking a better life
              it will not find it difficult to leave yet again its new found "place of economic activity" since it has lost/ broken its bond with his original birthplace.
              cities tend to have a higher standard of living all around, getting the population to go back to there original place would be hard.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DieHard69 View Post

                cities tend to have a higher standard of living all around, getting the population to go back to there original place would be hard.
                I agree.
                That is why the government should not ignore the regions.
                In fact, if the regions are lagging behind it usually is through government inaction.

                Lets remember that destabilization of the rural areas has big impact on our demography since traditionally the rural areas have a higher birth rate.

                .

                Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

                Comment


                • Originally posted by londontsi View Post

                  I agree.
                  That is why the government should not ignore the regions.
                  In fact, if the regions are lagging behind it usually is through government inaction.

                  Lets remember that destabilization of the rural areas has big impact on our demography since traditionally the rural areas have a higher birth rate.

                  .
                  Indeed, this is not a problem for just Armenia, the developed world suffers this issue and the 2nd world as well, Azerbaijan also suffers this problem as well.

                  The best way to get a sufficient birthrate is to encourage more families and larger than just 2 or give women and men more time, banning abortion would be very good, but it will meet heavy backlash.
                  Last edited by DieHard69; 07-19-2017, 09:25 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DieHard69 View Post

                    Indeed, this is not a problem for just Armenia, the developed world suffers this issue and the 2nd world as well, Azerbaijan also suffers this problem as well.

                    The best way to get a sufficient birthrate is to encourage more families and larger than just 2 or give women and men more time, banning abortion would be very good, but it will meet heavy backlash.
                    Banning abortion for the purpose of increasing people is a great way to make sure the population ends being comprised of unwanted children. That is a dangerous thing. It's also inhumane to the mothers who will be forced to go through that.

                    I like your idea about the financial help. Also bringing familys out into other parts of Armenia might help out a lot. Nothing is better than actually making people feel good enough, secure enough, that they can have big familys.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by londontsi View Post

                      I agree.
                      That is why the government should not ignore the regions.
                      In fact, if the regions are lagging behind it usually is through government inaction.

                      Lets remember that destabilization of the rural areas has big impact on our demography since traditionally the rural areas have a higher birth rate.

                      .
                      It's part of a global trend. No one wants to live in small towns. Look at how poor areas in the central valley of california are compared to cities in the bay and los angeles. How do you make these places better? Its happening everywhere in Asia too. How do you solve the problem? I think the answer is in one of the best wealth creating investments a government can make: universities.

                      Just like the University of California, Armenia should have its own university system nation wide. A flagship in Yerevan, and satellites around the country. One in Gyumri, Vanadzor, and Kapan. Then you incentivize kids to go study there (aka free education). Then you go to Europe, NA, SA, and Asia and ink these sweet student exchange deals and bring a lot of kids to Armenia to study for FREE. Before you know it, you're going to be having 10-20k young, intelligent kids living in the small towns of Armenia. Then the hope would be that each of these cities turns into a million citizen city.

                      Consolidate all the big public ones into Yerevan as your flagship Armenian State University - Yerevan (our berkeley) then use the 4 big state ones around the country as the ones you espand until that all have the same faculty as the flagship. 5 universities, each with 20k students. Its enough of a catalyst in a tiny country to start moving jobs to the smaller cities. Most importantly, itll make Armenians think about migrating to other small towns which will weaken the power of Yerevan on the small cities. HOORAY FOR FEDERATION!
                      Last edited by HyeSocialist; 07-19-2017, 10:36 AM.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X