Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

sos!!! VOTE NO!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sos!!! VOTE NO!!

PBS released a documentary on the Armenian Genocide, and the Turks

(who are known historically to be responsible) are fighting against

this, wishing to have a revision of history that is favorable to

them, never mind that they haven't apologized for this. Please read

below. Please send this out to as many people as possible.

MSNBC has started a new survey on the PBS panel on the Armenian Genocide.

Please cut and paste the link into your browser and vote NO.

The Assembly of Turkish American Associations (ATAA) has sent e-mails

to thousands of Turks asking them vote for the panel. As of now, 55%

of the voters have voted for the panel.

Please vote NO and forward this message to everyone on your e-mail list.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12412125/

Also- Below is an additional link with more information on the

Armenian Genocide with graphic pictures of what the Armenians along

with many Greeks

Affirmation of the 1915 Armenian Genocide committed by Ottoman Turkey, featuring photos, documents, maps, chronology, resolutions, bibliographies and educational resources.

Black Book: The Tragedy of Pontus, 1914-1922

This is a large PDF file containing the entire book titled, Black

Book: The Tragedy of Pontus. Invaluable for its historical and

genealogical information, this brief tome was submitted to HCS by

Sophia Kostos with instructions to disseminate its contents. It

details the numbers of Pontic Greeks killed in each village by the

Turks, with some lists of actual names, and some eyewitness accounts

of massacres and genocide. Compiled in Athens in 1922, it serves as

valuable testimony to the crimes committed against our countrymen.

thanks for the link.. I voted "yes" if you didnt mind. and also I sent the link to my friends who will vote "yes"...

thanks for sharing this info...

the number of "yes" already doubled "no"... think again against whom you are struggling....

Comment

Sorry to piss on everyone's campfire, but I just have to say this.

First of all, this survey is old news.

Second of all, did anyone notice the fine print at the bottom of this survey?

That's right! This is nothing more than a stupid MSNBC straw poll that's on the internet. Doesn't anyone realize how worthless this poll actually is? And everyone is treating NO as the Armenian option and YES as the Turkish option. Am I the only one that think the panel went in favor of the Armenians? Well, let me tell you, I voted YES, because in retrospect it exposed the denialists McCarthy and the other guy as the real douchebags they are.

And I think the ATAA is really pathetic for being so desperate as to initiate an e-mail campaign over an internet poll!

Comment

Achilles, did you see the panel discussion?

Did you think McFarty and that mentally handicapped deformity sitting next to him actually made progress for Turkish denial? If I was Turkey, I'd hire some new AG PR people, you're shootin yourselves in the foot!

P.S. I voted YES too, just the sight of those two idiots making fools of themselves in front of the whole nation was unforgettable - do it again please!

Comment

As an Armenian, I urge all Armenians to vote yes. PBS already aired the panel discussion in my town, and it was awesome! McFarty and the so-called Turkish professor were hiiiiiilarious! Akcam and Balakian literally tore those guys new a-holes!

Comment

I second that - I'm voting yes as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Kharpert
              Sorry to piss on everyone's campfire, but I just have to say this.

First of all, this survey is old news.

Second of all, did anyone notice the fine print at the bottom of this survey?

That's right! This is nothing more than a stupid MSNBC straw poll that's on the internet. Doesn't anyone realize how worthless this poll actually is? And everyone is treating NO as the Armenian option and YES as the Turkish option. Am I the only one that think the panel went in favor of the Armenians? Well, let me tell you, I voted YES, because in retrospect it exposed the denialists McCarthy and the other guy as the real douchebags they are.

And I think the ATAA is really pathetic for being so desperate as to initiate an e-mail campaign over an internet poll!

Thanks Kharpert, I was going to say the same thing. This news is about 2 months old. I saw the panel and I must say I wish everyone could see it. The Turkish thesis got ripped to shreds and even the moderator thought the Turkish theory was foolish.
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

02-16-2006

Originally posted by maral_m79
                Wow...

I signed like 5 days ago, there were like 350 sig.s ...
                Some two days later, a friend signed, there was 1500 or so sig.s ....
                but 9750 in one week is wow
                Originally posted by Tongue
                I hope it works. But I'm sure they received loads of money for broadcasting the debate, so they most probably won't cancel it.
                Originally posted by Gavur
                Almost 11.000 now I think we can do 50k
                lets tell about the drive to everybody we know!
                Originally posted by maral_m79
                Now .... 12308 Total Signatures
                Originally posted by Sardarapat
                I don't oppose the discussion, as a matter of fact, I support such a discussion as it could only benefit us to see the denialists get humiliated on public television and garnish us more support from those who weren't sure about the AG untill the deniers were exposed as liars on public television. We are handed an opportunity on a silver platter and we oppose it by sending letters of complaints? That is INSANE!

The down side to opposing such a discussion is that people would tend to think Armenians have something to hide.
                Originally posted by Kharpert
                You make it sound as if all denialists are idiots, but sadly that's not true. There is no way this conference can serve our interest, seeing that at the very least the denialists can force the discussion into a stalemate, no matter how illogical their rhetoric is.

We need to prove to people that the Armenian Genocide is a fact and is above petty 'discussions'. We shouldn't have to waste our time and effort trying to smash every idiot that wants to get in our way.
                I don't make it sound like anything, it is you who hears only what you want to hear. It doesn't matter how smart the denialists are. They have tried and tried to convince people that it was everything but a genocide and they have all failed miserably every time.

And making people think that we have something to hide is in our intrest? No they can't force a stalemate at the very least. At the very least, they will end up looking stupid as they always do.

Petty discussions are what people do in these types of forums where you go back and forth with Turks. Yes it was, no it wasn't, yes it was, no it wasn't, on and on and on. You want to prove to people that the Armenian Genocide is a fact, then you have the perfect opportunity to do so and on public television at that, but instead of taking that opportunity and make your case, you claim that you shouldn't have to waste your time? If you think it's a waste of your time, then I suggest you step aside.

If I didn't know better, I would think that you don't really have a case and that's the real reason why you don't want such a discussion to take place. I would think that you're the one who has something to hide and you're afraid that the truth might come out and the real reason why you oppose such a discussion. I say afraid because I sense fear in you when it comes to a discussion on the AG when you are facing expert deniers, but don't worry, you're not the one I would choose to represent us.
                Why would any Armenian agree to have the Armenian genocide debated on public TV and have people watch it? This is crazy. And what impression would that leave on the audience? "The Armenian genocide is debatable, no one knows what happened". Right? Specially if they're not familiar with the matter. And how would that benefit us? These deniers are paid people, they're not gonna listen to our side and be like "oh wow, we were wrong, sorry". It's just gonna make people confused, and damage our image and reduce its importance, and that's the exact purpose of airing the debate. Think.
                I can't believe you actually wrote this stuff. It sounds like you're guilty of something and you don't want to be interviewed because you might incriminate yourself and on public television.

Impressions? Is that what you care about, making impressions? Such a discussion or debate isn't about making impressions, it's about strengthning our case and convincing those who have doubts or aren't sure by stating the undisputable facts.

Oh yea, everyone knows what happened and there couldn't possibly be anyone who isn't aware of the AG or unsure of what transpired. I suppose people should stop writing books on the AG, close down any and all websites on the AG, stop putting out information on the AG, and not participate in any genocide conferences since everyone already knows what happened, so why bore people by telling them something they already know. Right?

And it's up to us to educate those that aren't familiar with the matter, but instead, you would prefer to have people think that we have something to hide and are afraid of the truth possibly comming out in a discussion aired on public television.

I guess you're right. Proving the paid deniers to be liars on public television couldn't possibly benefit us.

What are you talking about? No one is saying that they're going to listen to our side or agree. We're not trying to convert the paid deniers. What we want to do is to expose them and their lies and I can't think of a better place than public television. And as a matter of fact, the more they lie, the better it is for us.

On the contrary. It's going to make things clearer and people will be less confused. It's not our image that's going to be damaged, but their reputation will be damaged severely. If the AG is that important, then we should take every opportunity to talk about it and educate people instead of BURYING IT.

"Think", I can, can you?

Comment

Originally posted by Itoldyouso
                  Hi sardarapat..

I'll admit it.. you were right.. we should've never voted against it. Big mistake. I however was expecting the denialists to be more prepared than that. They were simply pathetic.

Comment

Hi sardarapat..

I'll admit it.. you were right.. we should've never voted against it. Big mistake. I however was expecting the denialists to be more prepared than that. They were simply pathetic.
                    He's got foresight. I was also originally against it for short period but then heard through the grapevine prior to its airing what actually transpired.
                    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X