Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What you study?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What you study?

Business, finance and management. But my favorite classes in school have always been psychology, philosophy and logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Samael View Post
      Business, finance and management. But my favorite classes in school have always been psychology, philosophy and logic.
      That's almost the same as me. I studied office skills, business, finance, accounting, and some communications courses just shy of a minor. I enjoyed some religion/humanities courses. I wish I had taken more political science though.
      Last edited by Hyegirl; 01-22-2012, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yerazhishda View Post
        Finding and holding a job is a skill.
        Working sucks ass!

Comment

I studied languages at uni...
          Now I study juripsrudence
          But I always wanted to study PR and ads

Comment

Art
            Religion
            Educational Psychology.

Yes, I'm all over the place.

Comment

INDIA TO RECOGNIZE ARMENIA'S HIGHER EDUCATION DIPLOMAS

September 19, 2013 | 00:13

YEREVAN. - The governments ofArmenia and India are preparing to
              sign an agreement on mutual recognition of higher and postgraduate
              education qualifications.

Upon the proposal of the Armenian Ministry of Education and Science,
              this matter is put on the agenda of Thursday's Government session.

The aforesaid agreement will enable to mutually recognize the diplomas
              given by the higher and postgraduate education institutions of Armenia
              and India.

To note, numerous students from India currently study at the
              institutions of higher education in Armenia's capital city Yerevan,
              and if this agreement is signed, their number will grow.

News from Armenia - NEWS.am
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

FROM AFRICA TO ARMENIAN STUDIES
                25/06/2013

[image: Sona Haroutyunian-Mounah Saksouk]

I would have never imagined that one day, being born in Liberia and raised
                in the USA, I was going to end up as a student in the class of Dr. Sona
                Haroutyunian who came from Italy, from the Ca'Foscari University of Venice
                as a visiting professor to teach a semester in the Armenian Studies Program
                at California State University in Fresno.

My interest in the Armenian Studies Program stemmed from my love for
                cultures. My philosophy is that although we all have different traditions,
                languages and mannerisms, we are all more similar than different. However,
                we will only know this by educating ourselves about each other. Through the
                Armenian Studies program I have been able to accomplish this.

When I learned about this new professor coming a long way from Europe I
                could not miss her class. The class that Dr. Haroutyunian taught was a
                topics course on the Armenian Genocide. I was thrilled to take this class.
                What I found was a life changing experience.

Dr. Haroutyunian's class introduced us to the concepts of history, memory,
                literature and translation. Her wealth of knowledge was refreshing.

Dr. Haroutyunian brought life to what we learned. She accomplished this by
                having us apply it to our own personal experiences. She encouraged us to
                incorporate our class readings and discussions into the writing of our
                papers. Her knack of bringing out each student's unique writing ability is
                commendable and attests to the fact that she is a wonderfully inspiring
                professor.

In the last few months of the course, we read various Genocide narratives
                including *Skylark Farm* by Antonia Arslan and *My Grandmother* by Fethiye
                Cetin. Also, we compared these narratives to the *Skylark Farm* movie. By
                using these contrasting techniques, Dr. Haroutyunian dealt with the
                Armenian Genocide from quite a new perspective. Her techniques helped us to
                better understand the role of literature, translation and movie in raising
                awareness of the Armenian Genocide. Most importantly they relayed the idea
                of the unity of the Armenian people through adversity and how they have
                become a successful diaspora. This notion uplifted my spirit. The reason
                for this is because like the Armenians, the Liberian people have gone
                through adversity. The Armenians are a model of hope that Liberians and
                many other nations can successfully prosper after experiencing a traumatic
                event.

Dr. Haroutyunian's class was a remarkable course. Through her fervent
                passion and dedication to students, she transmitted her love for not only
                the Armenian Studies but also the country of Armenia.

As a non-Armenian, I would encourage both Armenians and non-Armenians to
                learn about Armenian culture and history. The Armenian Studies Program,
                present in the best universities all over the world, has so much to offer.
                It is a great Program to educate oneself about a specific nation and
                discover who you are.

By Mounah Saksouk

Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                X