Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Sex shop in Yerevan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex shop in Yerevan?

“Immoral Propaganda” or “Just Like a Grocery”?: Yerevan gets a sex shop
    By Suren Deheryan
    ArmeniaNow reporter
    In what some praise as liberation, while others warn of sure iniquity, a “sex shop” has opened in the center of Yerevan.

The new boutique is turning heads in Yerevan
    “Sex and Life” is not the republic’s first “adult accessories” boutique, but it is the only. Two others had short lives in the mid 90s, but closed amid public disapproval, mostly from elderly.

Now, 28-year-old sex aide entrepreneur Petros Movsesyan is hoping times have changed enough to sustain his new business, which opened at the beginning of this month near the Cascade.

“The shop now serves as a museum,” says Movsesyan, laughing. “People come here as if it were a museum.They enter in a group, laugh at one or another assortment, but then they come separately to make purchases. There were women who phoned us to make sure there was no one in the shop, then entered and left quickly.”

Besides “toys of pleasure” for men and women the “sex museum” also has special women’s lingerie and perfumes, as well as different sexually-oriented novelty gifts. And the queen of the shop is the inflatable doll hanging on the wall for 17,000 drams ($40).

Sex toys from $10 to $70 come from the US, Germany and China.

“It can be considered an experimental shop, however we already have different orders that will be imported to Armenia. And it allows us to get a little idea about the demand here,” says Movsesyan. “Only about a hundred samples are presented now, which does not make the shop look impressive, but we will double it in the near future.”

In a society that largely believes men who wear earrings or goatees are gay, and that girls who wear mini-skirts are “xxxxxs” (see Short on Tradition”), merchandising sex is surely an adventurous venture.

But “Sociometer” independent sociological center director Aharon Adibekyan thinks that the presence of such a shop is necessary in the republic. According to Adibekyan, the polls conducted by the center show that about 80 percent of women and men over age 40 in Armenia live an unsatisfied sexual life.

“As a result, some soon become heavy, while others lose weight. On the other hand, the nervous and psychological system is disturbed, which is an occasion for family quarrels,” says Adibekyan.

“However I don’t think that it will be affordable to all, as it is an expensive pleasure. There will not be queues, but the shop will have its clientele,” says the sociologist. “It is important that it should be properly offered here, as the sex life culture is not yet formed in Armenia.”

Movsesyan says the idea to open a sex shop in Yerevan was very tempting, since it was to be the first with its peculiar assortment.
    Express your thoughts on this issue at ArmeniaNow's forum

“Though, after opening we learned that there had been something similar. They say it was closed because of the complaints of elderly people,” Movsesyan says with anxiety, and adds: “fingers crossed, it seems that during the recent period people are experiencing progress.”

But not so much.

The chairman of the Armenian-Aryan Union (who has vowed to rid Government of homosexuals) says he will protect Yerevan from becoming Sin City through such vice.

“We are unequivocally against such behavior,” Armen Avetisyan told ArmeniaNow. “It is a way to propagandize immoral ideology, which will teach people to abandon physiology and switch to artificial actions.”

And then . . .

“Similarly, one can also propagandize doing that with the aid of a cucumber or cabbage, which will only lead to sexual insanity. We will do everything for this shop to be closed.”

Entrance to the shop is prohibited to minors. However, it is situated in a place where open-air events are held mainly for youths almost every month. According to the shop management, the main customers are above 30.

“Sex & Life” works 12 hours a day – until midnight, and movement begins during evening hours.

Shop assistant Yana, 25, says she is not the least shocked by the implements, gadgets and “adult toys” of her new job.

“There is a normal atmosphere here, and I get a great satisfaction out of working here,” says Yana, a designer by training. “I studied in France for several years, and sex shops are a usual phenomenon there. There were three sex shops in the street where I lived and people made purchases from those shops just like from a grocery store, without any embarrassment.”

I didn't know men who had goatees were considered gay. Should I shave?

Comment

i don't care about the sex shop, but it's right next to the cascades. they shoulda put it in a back alley somewhere like all cities do.

Comment

I don't get the cucumber and cabbage part. Is he saying what I think he's saying. But then what can the cabbage do? I have a funny stand with the issue. The modern person in me is saying that it's a bit backward to keep the shop from opening, but the other part of me is happy that there's a lot of resistance and I'd feel satisfied if the shop closed down.

Comment

I wonder who their biggest customer is.

Comment

Originally posted by Thai-Samurai
            i don't care about the sex shop, but it's right next to the cascades. they shoulda put it in a back alley somewhere like all cities do.
            Have you seen where Hustler Hollywood is? Right on the Sunset Strip.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
              I don't get the cucumber and cabbage part. Is he saying what I think he's saying. But then what can the cabbage do?.
              After much thought I think that it is not what the cabbage can do, but what can be done to the cabbage! (Hint: think of the unfortunate fate of a certain apple pie in a well-known film).
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

^ Lmao.

Comment

^Lmao.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
                    After much thought I think that it is not what the cabbage can do, but what can be done to the cabbage! (Hint: think of the unfortunate fate of a certain apple pie in a well-known film).
                    I wonder if that's why they say babies come from a cabbage patch?

Comment

Working...
                    X