Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia Assaulted by Orange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenia Assaulted by Orange

Originally posted by Armenian View Post

Closed Borders

Abramian and other analysts say these oligarchs benefit from the lack of a final resolution to the Karabakh conflict and the closed borders with Turkey and Azerbaijan. "This is one of the reasons why these issues are not being solved, because to have open borders with Europe, Asia, and so on -- in [that] case, the flows of goods, in either direction, will be wider, and it will be more difficult to control them," Abramian says. "Now, however, when one narrow flow comes through Georgia and another, even narrower, comes via Iran, controlling these flows of goods is much easier."
    Wow, I am shocked, how low can you go? Let me ask the audience this, does anyone seriously believe this crap? That if LTP were elected he would open borders with Turkey w/o resorting to concession? Understand what you are agreeing with, you are basically making it a point that Armenians are the agressors, that we opted for closed borders, do you buy this? And do you buy the fact that Armenia would be better off with open borders when in fact economic growth was occuring regardless of the blockade? I am just ashamed at how low the LTP camp would go to overthrow government.
    Last edited by Virgil; 03-08-2008, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil View Post
      Wow, I am shocked, how low can you go? Let me ask the audience this, does anyone seriously believe this crap? That if LTP were elected he would open borders with Turkey w/o resorting to concession? Understand what you are agreeing with, you are basically making it a point that Armenians are the agressors, that we opted for closed borders, do you buy this? And do you buy the fact that Armenia would be better off with open borders when in fact economic growth was occuring regardless of the blockade? I am just ashamed at how low the LTP camp would go to overthrow government.
      What shocks me is the severe lack of understanding amongst the masses. So, yes, a significant portion of our society does believe it and they are willing to turn the nation upside down to pursue their belief.... These types of situations remind me of those times in our history when Armenia was powerful, militarily economically, etc, yet would fall without a fight to its enemies. Assholes in our society have a habit of blaming "Christinaity" for those defeats, when the real reason is politicians/ishkhans pursuing their own political agenda independent of the national policy makers/the monarchy... Let's face it, knowing the region Armenia finds itself in, knowing the nature of the world, knowing Armenian mentality, we will always have these types of upheavals. Let's pray for some form of constitutional monarchy or a nationalist dictatorship of sorts to keep the sheeple in line. Although I knew, now I am firmly convinced that we as a nation cannot afford to play with the notion of democracy...
      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

What a fcked up society we live in.

"Interfax News Agency, Russia
        Russia & CIS
        March 7, 2008

U.S. State Department backs President-elect Sargsyan - Bryza

YEREVAN March 7

Washington backs Armenian President- elect Serzh Sargsyan, Deputy
        Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
        Matthew Bryza said, the Armenian governmental press service told
        Interfax.

Bryza said at a meeting with Sargsyan a day earlier that he, as well
        as the U.S. charge d'affaires in Armenia, thinks that the Armenian
        president-elect has the vision and approach that the United States
        would like to see during the implementation of joint projects.

The U.S. diplomat also said that the U.S. wishes that Sargsyan and
        his country are successful.

Sargsyan and Bryza also discussed plans aimed at excluding instances
        of involving the violations of the ceasefire at the Armenian- Azeri
        contact line in Nagorno-Karabakh, similar to the incidents on March"

As I said that pipeline is our blessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
          As I said that pipeline is our blessing.
          Well, I see it another way. The blessing is us being able to blow it up... Imagine what it would have been like if Armenia was 'tamed' by the West and it could not pose a threat to their plans in the region...
          Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Imagine what it would have been like if Armenia was 'tamed' by the West and it could not pose a threat to their plans in the region...
            I don't think there is a country in the region that can be "tamed" outside the Russian sphere of influence. turkey might be the only one ... but than we all know who is running that sheet hole. Georgians think they are independent from the Russian influence (aboush jogovourt).

Comment

What shocks me is the severe lack of understanding amongst the masses. So, yes, a significant portion of our society does believe it and they are willing to turn the nation upside down to pursue their belief.... These types of situations remind me of those times in our history when Armenia was powerful, militarily economically, etc, yet would fall without a fight to its enemies. Assholes in our society have a habit of blaming "Christinaity" for those defeats, when the real reason is politicians/ishkhans pursuing their own political agenda independent of the national policy makers/the monarchy... Let's face it, knowing the region Armenia finds itself in, knowing the nature of the world, knowing Armenian mentality, we will always have these types of upheavals. Let's pray for some form of constitutional monarchy or a nationalist dictatorship of sorts to keep the sheeple in line. Although I knew, now I am firmly convinced that we as a nation cannot afford to play with the notion of democracy...

I have always been of this mindset. The notions of monarchy and nobility have always been an important aspect of armenian culture. Even though we have lost our kings, there is an unconciouse urge in armenians for THAT type of ruling. There was NEVER EVER a true sense of democracy in the world. even in ancient athens, it was the land owning male citizens who could vote.

An intresting thing that i came up on line was this site which dealt with armenian noble famililes. It was an organization whose members were decandence of armenian nobilites. Now almost all of them desended from the later Artsakh Meliks. Anyways I wrote an email to them asking how would and if it is possible to trace one's ancenstry back to the older noble houses ex. Bagratuni, Arshakuni ect. I got a real long response it freaken confused me more
              anyways does any one have a clue if that is possible??

Comment

An intresting thing that i came up on line was this site which dealt with armenian noble famililes. It was an organization whose members were decandence of armenian nobilites. Now almost all of them desended from the later Artsakh Meliks. Anyways I wrote an email to them asking how would and if it is possible to trace one's ancenstry back to the older noble houses ex. Bagratuni, Arshakuni ect. I got a real long response it freaken confused me more
                anyways does any one have a clue if that is possible??

Can you post that response? I'd be interested in reading it.
                For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                  Can you post that response? I'd be interested in reading it.

That was over a year ago, but here is their website.

Comment

Yeah I know about the site, but I too was thinking about doing research into my family a while back, so I would be interested to see what they have to say. Can you PM it to me?
                    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                      Yeah I know about the site, but I too was thinking about doing research into my family a while back, so I would be interested to see what they have to say. Can you PM it to me?
                      sorry but i dont have the email anymore. You can Email them from their site. Just go to "contacts" and write an email.

Comment

Working...
                      X