Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Life in jail for Hunanian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The feeling in Armenia is that he had " enkan gerel a" that he couldnt take any more money, so he decided to do something finally, and this was last straw. I think it followed a speech of some sort outlining his ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Shahumyan He was a Dashnak tho wasnt he.

Meh, Sarkissian was a nasty corrupt piece of work anyway
      Can you explain to me why Dashnaks hold such a negative connotation? They were the aristocrats of the Armenian nation. And God help you if you say that they were responsible for Genocide!

Comment

As far as I am concerned a hardline nationalistic government will be the least likely to betray the nation or act against the nations interests. Therefore they are probably the best government.

Comment

would someone like to answer me this?

Who signed Kars away when the Russians were 2 days away from coming?

And more importantly, who was fighting for the FAscist Nazis against the red army in WW2???

the answer to both is the Dashnaks

today, who is the party which splits the Armenian diaspora up?
          There are so many cases of a armenian community being broken up by Dashnaks so they can command it, and make financial gain.
          eg in Britain where they broke from the AGBU in london to start seperate school

Also who is controlling the Cilician church and why is it STILL split? and who gains the financial reaping from the church?

Comment

Originally posted by Shahumyan would someone like to answer me this?

Who signed Kars away when the Russians were 2 days away from coming?

And more importantly, who was fighting for the FAscist Nazis against the red army in WW2???

the answer to both is the Dashnaks

today, who is the party which splits the Armenian diaspora up?
            There are so many cases of a armenian community being broken up by Dashnaks so they can command it, and make financial gain.
            eg in Britain where they broke from the AGBU in london to start seperate school

Also who is controlling the Cilician church and why is it STILL split? and who gains the financial reaping from the church?
            I will have to agree. The idea of Tashnagtsootyoon was beautiful, but their government (first independance) was HORRIBLE, and they seemed to care more to hold on to power than Armenia's interest. During the cold war era, they worked alongside the CIA AGAINST Soviet Armenia, and I don't see how that is justifiable. The assassination of archbishop Dourian is also an example of how low they actually went.

I'd suggest you read Dzarougian's "Verchin Anmeghe".

Even after independance, the fact that our church is still separated is still unexplainable, but the best reason does seem to be, as Shahumyan said, that the Cilician "tem" is directly connected to the Dashnaks and the party seems to be gaining money from it.

Comment

Its ironic that they claim to be most Armenian, protectors of Armenian nation, yet theyve done more to harm it than any other organisation

Comment

I dont like US or CCCP but I think they were very right in working with the CIA because they actually wanted Armenian freedom.

Well Shahumyan why dont we let the communists win elections in Armenia and then most surely we will become a province of Russia in less than a couple of months.

People like the communists who place their ideology above their patriotism get no respect from me.

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian I dont like US or CCCP but I think they were very right in working with the CIA because they actually wanted Armenian freedom.

Well Shahumyan why dont we let the communists win elections in Armenia and then most surely we will become a province of Russia in less than a couple of months.

People like the communists who place their ideology above their patriotism get no respect from me.
                  Eh, to each his own... I will personally never tolerate an armenian getting involved with another country against his own homeland, no matter what his "mission" is. They may have thought they were out there liberating Armenia, but they could've just as much destroyed it.

Comment

Tigran,
                    First off, i am a critique of the Armenian Communist Party

2nd, why would it beocme a province of Russia? Infact why make that statement at all? It makes no sense what so ever. I for one would fight against such a move as we would be a colony of the Russian imperialists

3rdly, "Patriotism" is what bought about the genocide, what good is patriotism for a set of people with a certain type of gene? Its the most illogical idea ive ever heard. Patriotism is a backward notion, most strongly supported in the USA...

Comment

ok lets sit on our asses all our lives. Patriotism did not bring about the genocide.

If the Armenians in the ottoman empire had had some pride and had stood up against the constant abuse they recieved at the hands of the turks then they would have been able to get their freedom in the late 1800's. Look at what the balkan nations did. They got fed up and stood up for themselves and with russia backing them up they were able to draw the worlds attention and earn their independance while the Armenians sat on their asses and said "lets not provoke the turk, let us turn the other cheek like good christians and bear all this because one day we will go to heavan and god will reward us for our patience"

The reason that Armenia would end up part of russia is because thats what the communists want. They dont want a seperate Armenian nation. They want to join russia and bring back the "good old days" That is their aim.

I am just curious, do you really expect the world to become communist? are you out of your mind?

Comment

Working...
                      X