Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

News about Artsakh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: News about Artsakh

Excellent news!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    NKR HR Ombudsman Has Received 176 Petitions to Date
    [ 2009/10/14 | 16:17 ] Nagorno Karabakh society
    Anahit Danielyan

At a press conference held yesterday, NKR Human Rights Ombudsman Yuri Hayrapetyan announced that his office had recently been accepted as a full member in the European Institute of Ombudsmen.

This decision was taken after the visit of Nicholas Shvartsler, the Institute’s Executive Director, to the NKR this past July.

Mr. Hayrapetyan noted that membership would afford his office greater capabilities by relying on the multi-sector experience of Europe and would allow the NKR to present itself to the world as an open and reliable country that accepts European norms without being coerced to do so.

As a member, Mr. Hayrapetyan traveled to Florence on October 5 to take part in the Institute’s general assembly.

The NKR Human Rights Ombudsman’s Office was founded in April 2008 and has already received 176 petitions from 333 citizens.

Hetq - News, Articles, Investigations
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
      Excellent news!
      ------------------------------------------------------
      NKR HR Ombudsman Has Received 176 Petitions to Date
      [ 2009/10/14 | 16:17 ] Nagorno Karabakh society
      Anahit Danielyan

At a press conference held yesterday, NKR Human Rights Ombudsman Yuri Hayrapetyan announced that his office had recently been accepted as a full member in the European Institute of Ombudsmen.

This decision was taken after the visit of Nicholas Shvartsler, the Institute’s Executive Director, to the NKR this past July.

Mr. Hayrapetyan noted that membership would afford his office greater capabilities by relying on the multi-sector experience of Europe and would allow the NKR to present itself to the world as an open and reliable country that accepts European norms without being coerced to do so.

As a member, Mr. Hayrapetyan traveled to Florence on October 5 to take part in the Institute’s general assembly.

The NKR Human Rights Ombudsman’s Office was founded in April 2008 and has already received 176 petitions from 333 citizens.

http://hetq.am/en/society/artsakh-45/
      i remember azerbaijan xxxxxing about how if Artsakh was a member they (azerbaijan) would whine until Artsakh were removed from the list.

Comment

Karabakh Rep. Calls for Criminal Charges Against Advocating Land Return
        By Asbarez Staff on Oct 28th, 2009 and filed under Armenia, Featured Story, International, Karabakh, News, Top Stories, Turkey-Armenia Protocols.
        Print This | ShareThis
        STEPANAKERT (Parliament News Service)—Any citizens who calls into question Karabakh’s territorial integrity by advocating land concessions or other methods, should be charged by violating the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic Constitution, said Karabakh parliament member Armen Sargsyan.
        Sargsyan, who is the chairman of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation-Movement 88 parliamentary bloc, argued that the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic constitution, which was approved by a democratic referendum, calls on the people and government of Karabakh to safeguard the territorial integrity of the republic.
        He asserted that any attempts by a citizen to undermine the aforementioned principle cannot be deemed as a freedom of expression but rather an act against the constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
          We are not a nation that hates, we are a peaceloving, peacemaking and an intelligent, smart nation. We don't have hatred in our chests as it takes a great deal of negative energy and then it becomes morally and psychologically sickening in the brain. Luckily we don't possess such ambiguity and hatred, but we utilize our energy constructively, that is to build, to construct, to achieve and to educate ourselves. The only thing I wish as a national trait to have is that we start loving one another more than we have done.
          If Armenians fought Turks half as good as we fight each other, our borders would extend to Greece, Bulgaria, Russia, and Lebanon.
          kurtçul kangal

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
            this is great news

Italy supports Armenia’s position on Karabakh conflict settlement09.10.2009 20:28 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ RA Ambassador to Italy Ruben Karapetyan has met with Ricardo Miliori, Head of Italian delegation in OSCE PA. Parties exchanged views on Armenian-Turkish normalization and Karabakh settlement as well as development of parliamentary cooperation between Armenia and Italy.

Ambassador Karapetyan highlighted the importance of Karabakh conflict settlement, pointing out Azerbaijani side’s continuing speculations over land occupation, refugee return and cultural heritage destruction. Ricardo Miliori stated in turn that his delegation would do its utmost for Armenian side, enabling it to introduce its position in the frameworks OSCE PA.

Considering Italian parliamentarian’s specialization as lawyer, Ruben Karapetyan gave him materials featuring the legal aspect of Karabakh conflict and Azerbaijan’s elimination of Armenian cultural heritage in Nakhichevan and other territories.

Afterwards, Karapetyan had meeting with “Peace Stronghold” Association’s President Franco Vicari and organization members. Parties introduced to Ambassador results of May 16-19 International Conference on Caucasian People.

At the end, association President introduced to Karapetyan a 14-clause document adopted during conference, RA MFA press service reports.

http://www.panarmenian.net/news/eng/?nid=37628

It's great Italy supports Armenia's position but does anybody know what is the Armenian position?

I certainly do not know, if anything I am confused.
            All I know is that our President is being called a traitor for the position he has taken !!!

Any ideas would be greatly apreciated as they say
            Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
            Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
            Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaPapa View Post
              If Armenians fought Turks half as good as we fight each other, our borders would extend to Greece, Bulgaria, Russia, and Lebanon.
              Alpha, today's wars are political not on the frontline; I do know that some of ours have great hatred towards each other, it's sad though it's true. But look above the thread, I was making a comparison between turks' belligerentness, their fascism and their extreme nationalisticness versus us being peaceloving people and never troublemakers like they are. Ninetoyadome was telling us that in "azerbaijan" they have created books and teaching their children in schools that Armenia and lake Sevan was theirs as well as most part of Iran; can you imagine that? The lies and now they are brainwashing their kids those lies, that's what I was referring to. Now although some of us don't support each other and fight with each other to the end; but when it comes to any 'odars' we are very good with them. That's how most Armenians are like. I also wish that we supported each other a good deal more than we do it now. However in most if not all respects we have been and we are a peaceloving people; meaning we don't instigate fights, we don't create anymosity towards nations unless they come after us to get hold of our own historical anscestral lands and we don't annihilate people. Turks and the "azeris" do and they are belligerent nations.
              Last edited by Anoush; 10-29-2009, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I apologize that I misunderstood. I thought you meant towards each other...I agree, it is a disgraceful shame that we (including myself at times, I'm not going to lie) hold some odars very highly, where we put down Armenians who aren't from the same background/politics so horribly. I have seen Armenians fight Armenians in public streets like dogs in Hollywood, act like they are royalty and snub some of the humblest Armenians in Glendale, and in Pasadena saw one of the biggest mouths bash anyone who wasn't his partisan (especially those who are completely non-partisan) while his daughter repeatedly dated blacks and arabs. i've been to the xxxelry district and heard a whole group of big nosed people speaking Turkish fluently like I was in a turkish bazaar, been to a protestant church where they say the pledge of allegiance at the drop of a hat and talk with the worst English accents than Armenian farmers from Central California.

That's why I like reading Ara Baliozian. Though he's too much on the pessimistic side, he sees (as I do) how much we squander as a community, and it should be frustrating.

Agreed, todays wars are political and yet we still fight our own with a brutality only matched by Turks, Arabs, and North Africans. I'd rather we fight with fists, so that the end of the day, those who fought would be closer to the point of respecting their 'enemies' and those who should shut up more, would shut up more. In our political society, we need to evolve without ultra-nationalism. We need to, more than ever, look to other countries as examples (as a society, not as individuals). We also need more Ara Baliozians, because without criticisms, we have corrupt leaders ruling in anarchy.
                kurtçul kangal

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                  It's great Italy supports Armenia's position but does anybody know what is the Armenian position?

I certainly do not know, if anything I am confused.
                  All I know is that our President is being called a traitor for the position he has taken !!!

Any ideas would be greatly apreciated as they say
                  Armenia's position is Artsakh is its own independent country. No land will be returned to azerbaijan.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
                    Armenia's position is Artsakh is its own independent country. No land will be returned to azerbaijan.
                    We cannot believe Serge, he doesn't want to open up completely neither to us Diasporans nor to his own people in Armenia.

I just hope and pray that he doesn't give away any of our hard earned lands by our martyred brethren around Artsakh back to the enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
                      We cannot believe Serge, he doesn't want to open up completely neither to us Diasporans nor to his own people in Armenia.

I just hope and pray that he doesn't give away any of our hard earned lands by our martyred brethren around Artsakh back to the enemy.
                      Hes not going to give land back. Its his homeland, he fought for it, why would he give it back? He has stated on numerous occasions that a countries self determination comes before territorial integrity which means the people of Artsakh will vote on there future.

Comment

Working...
                      X