Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Destruction of the Armenian Cemetery at Djulfa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Destruction of the Armenian Cemetery at Djulfa

UNESCO EXPERT TO STUDY DESTRUCTION OF ARMENIAN KHACHKARS
    UNESCO Director General Koichiro Matsuura expressed readiness to send a group of experts to Nakhijevan to study the site of destruction of ancient Armenian monuments. Last week Chairman of the World Armenian Congress Ara Abrahamyan, being a UNESCO good will Ambassador during an official meeting drew Koichiro Matsuura’s attention to destruction of the Armenian cemetery in Old Jugha by Azerbaijanis. In the words of chair of the European representation of all-Armenian structures, Armenian FM's Advisor Ashot Grigorian, Abrahamyan censured vandalism regarding cultural monuments. Vandalism regarding Christian monuments in Old Jugha entails negative political consequences as well and more destabilizes the political situation in the South Caucasus, Abrahamyan remarked. He also invited Koichiro Matsuura to visit Armenia to get acquainted with treasures of the Armenian culture. The UNESCO Director-General assured in case of receiving an invitation, he will plan his visit to Armenia with pleasure.

Comment

With all do respect (and I DO understand your replies), but why even bother to care responding to such persons? This thread, thanks to the cat's naggings has come to be about all but the main issue of the destruction of Armenian cultural heritage.

bell-the-cat is very similar to a xxxs I have encountered whom the other forum members have come to call "the self-hating xxx". He too, as the cat, has nothing to do but smearing and blaming his entire society of all the faults, both in diaspora and the state.

So I would suggest and total ignoration as I did toward his empty argumentation, and continue the thread in the issue stated in the title.

Comment

Armenica: Bell-the-Cat-ը թուրքասէր Սկովտիացի է: Հայ չէ:

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
          Armenica: Bell-the-Cat-ը թուրքասէր Սկովտիացի է: Հայ չէ:
          Puh... So there is hope for Armenians after all Ուրեմն հարց չկա...

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492
            [removed]

But don't worry, I won't ignore people like you, because I get amusement from watching you. It's like when you upturn a big stone and then watch all the insects franctically scurrying about looking for their familiar dark environment.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by armenica
              This thread, thanks to the cat's naggings has come to be about all but the main issue of the destruction of Armenian cultural heritage.
              I thought that I had proven that you actually have no interest at all in the issue of the destruction of Armenian cultural heritage?
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492
                ...I think I've come to the point where I realize that it's fruitless to spar with bell-the-cat. In short, why bother...responding to him is like squeezing a zit that's not ready to be popped - the zit just fills with more pus, gets bigger, more noticeable and more ugly.
                I'm going to keep this ugly zit as small as possible by ignoring bell-the-cat. Hopefully, everybody else will do the same to this pus filled imbecile.

Cat, if you're going to quote me, please don't leave out the good part (see above). Especially since it's so appropriate.

Anyway, I havn't see much new news lately on the Khatchkar issue recently, but when I do, I'll post it.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
                  I thought that I had proven that you actually have no interest at all in the issue of the destruction of Armenian cultural heritage?
                  Well, that's your prime flaw, which is being arogant as I have already pointed out. Just because you think that you have proved something doesn't make it correct. Which brings me to my second observation about you, namely that you must be living a very smal and lonely world, population: you.

Anyhow...

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ UNESCO Director-General Koïchiro Matsuura (Japan) has expressed readiness to send a group of experts to Nakhichevan to study the issue and to censure what happened. Last week Chairman of the World Armenian Congress Ara Abrahamyan, being a UNESCO good will Ambassador during an official meeting drew Koïchiro Matsuura’s attention to destruction of the Armenian cemetery in Old Julfa by Azerbaijanis. In the words of chair of the European representation of all-Armenian structures, Armenian FM's Advisor Ashot Grigoryan, A. Abrahamyan censured vandalism regarding cultural monuments. Vandalism regarding Christian monuments in Old Julfa entails negative political consequences as well and more destabilizes the political situation in the South Caucasus, Abrahamyan remarked. He also invited Koïchiro Matsuura to visit Armenia to get acquainted with treasures of the Armenian culture. The UNESCO Director-General assured in case of receiving an invitation, he will plan his visit to Armenia with pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by armenica

Anyhow...
                    Anyhow.

Mr "Armenica", proof of an interest in the issue of the destruction of Armenian cultural heritage is not diplayed just by posting news reports that anyone can see elsewhere. Proof of an interest will be revealed when you actually get down and have a serious discussion about the issue. But that you cannot ever do, because you have no solutions to give and like it that way.
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
                      Anyhow.

Mr "Armenica", proof of an interest in the issue of the destruction of Armenian cultural heritage is not diplayed just by posting news reports that anyone can see elsewhere. Proof of an interest will be revealed when you actually get down and have a serious discussion about the issue. But that you cannot ever do, because you have no solutions to give and like it that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X