Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Originally posted by ashot24 View Post
    Guys check this out:

I found this on the official website of the Ministry of Communication and Information Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan (translated from Russian)

23.04.2010 During an interview in Ganja, president Ilham Aliyev recognized the Armenian Genocide

Today during an interview in Ganja, President Ilham Aliyev recognized the Armenian Genocide organized and carried out in 1915 in the territory, with the use of physical extermination and deportation, including the displacement of the population in conditions leading to imminent death. Aliyev said: "Along with the Holocaust, the Armenian Genocide is one of the two most studied genocide in history."

What the f*k?
    That has to be a mistranslation. The azeris have always wrote "the so-called Armenian Genocide" on there articles while talking about the Armenian Genocide. Turkey doesnt even say "so called Armenian Genocide" anymore. I seriously doubt that article is accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
      That has to be a mistranslation. The azeris have always wrote "the so-called Armenian Genocide" on there articles while talking about the Armenian Genocide. Turkey doesnt even say "so called Armenian Genocide" anymore. I seriously doubt that article is accurate.
      I doubt it too, but it's on an official website and you can check on google translate or any other translator...

Maybe a hacking?

Comment

Originally posted by ashot24 View Post
        I doubt it too, but it's on an official website and you can check on google translate or any other translator...

Maybe a hacking?
        Even if the article is well translated, he still means it in the sense of "so-called." For example, someone who denies the holocaust can say, "the holocaust and the Armenian Genocide are the two most widely studies genocides." Not because he actually recognizes it, but rather because that's what everyone calls it.

We know Ilham Khan. The anti-Armenian propaganda spread during his dynasty's rule of the "Azerbaijan" Khanate show what level of hate he wants his people to have toward Armenians (and it's working). There is no reason to believe the Khan would even consider recognizing the Armenian Genocide. I actually believe that if Turkey recognizes it soon, under the Aliyev Dynasty, "Azerbaijan" will continue Turkey's denial, and say, "Turkey has been brainwashed by imperialist powers, but WE know THE TRUTH!!!"
        Last edited by SevSpitak; 04-24-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

At a state level Turkey still always does, sometimes in the form of "the Armenian allegations".

And most Turkish media organisations also still say it, since it is an unimportant issue for everyday life in Turkey and the relatively free media in Turkey does not want to risk being sanctioned by the State for a relatively unimportant issue - they will take that risk only for bigger and more important subjects.

I think the AG issue as a controversy is getting past its sell-by-date amongst Turkish society. People will still hold opinions, but here are more important touchstone issues in Turkey now. As proof, consider that it's been ages since any Turkish person has posted in this forum, either as a denialist, or as someone wishing to acknowledge it. Of course the Turkish state and its servants still trundle out the tired official line. And those that set themselves up as the leaders of the Turkish diaspora are still their usual fascistic selfs.

What organisations say in public often has little relation to what they know to be true. So it is possible that Aliyev, in one context, acknowledged the fact of the Armenian Genocide, and in another context Azerbaijan will churn out the the denialist propaganda.
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
            At a state level Turkey still always does, sometimes in the form of "the Armenian allegations".

And most Turkish media organisations also still say it, since it is an unimportant issue for everyday life in Turkey and the relatively free media in Turkey does not want to risk being sanctioned by the State for a relatively unimportant issue - they will take that risk only for bigger and more important subjects.

I think the AG issue as a controversy is getting past its sell-by-date amongst Turkish society. People will still hold opinions, but here are more important touchstone issues in Turkey now. As proof, consider that it's been ages since any Turkish person has posted in this forum, either as a denialist, or as someone wishing to acknowledge it. Of course the Turkish state and its servants still trundle out the tired official line. And those that set themselves up as the leaders of the Turkish diaspora are still their usual fascistic selfs.

What organisations say in public often has little relation to what they know to be true. So it is possible that Aliyev, in one context, acknowledged the fact of the Armenian Genocide, and in another context Azerbaijan will churn out the the denialist propaganda.
            When i read news on todayzaman or other Turkish websites they had actually cut down on it but your probably right about it still being said at the govt level. The azeris though have taken it to another level, in my opinion there worse than Turks when it comes to something Armenian. Thats why i seriously doubt aliyev recognized the Armenian Genocide. The aliyevs are anti-Armenian as they come with heydar claiming Armenia was created on historic azeri land and iliam following in his fathers footsteps claiming the same, claiming Yerevan is a historic azeri city.

Today.Az » Society » "The whole anatomy of the Armenian problem" exposed

24 April 2010 [14:06] - Today.Az

Day.Az interview with documentary film director at Azerbaijan-based "Aztelefilm" creative association, Nazim Rza.

You have completed a series of documentary films, exposing the true face of Armenian nationalists. What works does this series include?

This series consists of five documentary films: two-hour two-part film "The Armenians, anatomy of hypocrisy", the first part of which is called the "Outpost” Operation" and the second -"Political gamble of the century.” I completed shooting of these films in 2006, and continued this theme in films entitled “1915. Start of Armenian falsification" and "Crocodile tears ", the shooting of which I completed later this year.

The word "anatomy" sounds quite capacious in the title of your movie...

Yes, because in the first film I showed the anatomy of the Armenian problem, starting from the time of Peter I, up till the 1920s. It reflects the true history of Armenians’ appearance in the Caucasus, their penetration into the Russian structures during Peter’s reign, etc. Importantly, these people could achieve their dirty intentions only during the reign of Nicolai I, during the war between Russia, Iran and Turkey, and when there was a mass migration of Armenians from Turkey and Iran to the South Caucasus. They also tried to consolidate in Ordubad, Nakhchivan, Irevan and Karabakh khanates.

I have also described the events of XIX and XX centuries. 1915 is the beginning of what they do not stop talking to this day. By the way, the world keeps speaking about international terrorism, without even suspecting that the root of this terrible problem was laid by Armenian nationalists, who at every chance tried to destroy Turks. They also attempted to assassinate the Turkish Sultan Abdul- Hamid (1876-1909) in 1915 when leaving mosque after praying.

Shooting of your movies took place in Turkey for the most part. In what areas of the country did you find new, previously unknown facts of genocide against Turks by Armenian nationalists?

I started shootings of the last movie from the Turkish shores of Lake Van, where there is a small island Akdamar with an Armenian church located on it. It has also served some sort of headquarters for Armenians where this whole thing against the Turks began. The first genocide perpetrated by Armenian nationalists against the local population began in this place in April 1915.

Later, Armenian nationalists began to implement their action plan into city of Van with the support of the Tsarist Russia.

What concrete evidence of the genocide against the Turkish people by Armenians does your film cover?

I have very carefully studied the documents of the State Historical Archives of Azerbaijan, which clearly stated that a commission was established in 1918 to investigate Stepan Shaumian’s activities in Baku, Guba, Shamakhi and other cities of Baku province. I found many valuable materials also in the Turkish archives during visits to Trabzon, Yomra, Ozdil, Bayburt, Erzurum, Kars, Ardogan, Igdir, Van, Akdamar Island and the various villages of these vilayets. Here I was provided with archival photographs, which reflected photos of brutally killed Turks.

Moreover, I was given newsreels of excavations in 1986, which shows a huge number of Turks killed by Armenians. Remains of many local residents could be seen in footages depicting destroyed Subatan village near Kars. This unique historical data once again confirmed the facts of genocide against the Turks.

I handed over the Turkish side footages, taken in the vicinity of the mud volcano in Neftchala, where buried remains of Azerbaijanis killed on the order of Stepan Shaumian in 1918 were found.

In Turkey, I found about one more glaring fact: in those years, in Erzurum 3,000 local residents were recruited ostensibly for the construction of the railway, but after their arrival at the destination they all were shot dead and the blood of these people flowed over a distance of 4 km. Here I found a diary of a Russian colonel Tverdokhlebov, where he said that one of the Armenian leaders of this orgy told him about these events. When the colonel asked "How could you shoot innocent and unarmed people?" he replied: "You are Russian, and therefore will never understand what it means for Armenians to destroy Turks!"

A striking embodiment of this terrible bloodshed is also a monument to victims of genocide of Turks in Igdir, which is depicted on a background of Agridag Mountain. The author of this project is Azerbaijani Jafar Giyasi. There is a museum, which houses hundreds of documentary photographs of the facts of genocide against Turks by Armenians taken in different regions of Turkey. It is simply impossible to view these documents without a shudder. Local population of Turkey were subject to inhuman torture by the Armenian nationalists during the massacre.

Is there evidence that these people were killed by Armenian nationalists?

Yes, of course. In addition to archival data and newsreel, I referred to the memories of Akhund of the local mosque about these terrible events, who remembered all the horrors of that era....

Do not you think in this issue Turks are too indifferent while Armenians make every effort to achieve recognition of the so-called "Armenian genocide" worldwide?

I tried several times to discuss this issue with the Turks, but every time they answered me that the Turks have never allowed themselves to sink to the level of Armenians who have an insane idea of a “mass genocide.”

In your opinion, why Armenian nationalists constantly make territorial claims?

They have one purpose - to devastate any territory in order to proclaim it as their ancestral homeland.

What specific facts about the Armenian hypocrisy you touched upon in last film "Crocodile tears"?

My last film tells about the events of 1918-19, a period of the second wave of genocide committed by Armenian nationalists against Turks and Azerbaijanis. In this picture I touched on the Baku events, which began in 1915 and linked them to events in the city of Van. I presented realities in Baku of those years as the resonance of looting perpetrated by Armenian nationalists in Turkey, and then showed the bloodshed perpetrated by them also in Nakhchivan.

The movie also has a very important historical moment when notorious Andronic after capture of Julfa sent a telegram to Shaumian to say that “Julfa is in my hands, I can hand it over to you on your first request." It was followed by Shaumian’s reply telegram: "I received your telegram and handed it to Lenin. Personally, I congratulate you as a true national hero of Armenia. If Mr. Kachaznuni and other Armenians could follow your example, the Armenian nation would not be in such bad condition. Please, keep in contact with me.”

Are you aware of modern Armenia’s reaction to for your films?

First, I want to note that in creating these films, I deliberately did not refer to any view of Azerbaijani scientists, except for compelling data of the State Archives of Azerbaijan to avoid possible accusations of bias of our experts in dealing with this issue. I have always relied on scientific works of foreign researchers.

With regard to resonance, it was appropriate. It was covered mainly in the Armenian websites. There were anger, indignation and a flurry of foul language towards me. But it does not surprise me, since it correlates with the reaction of the Armenian nationalists to this kind of exposure of their delusions regardless of their location of residence.

/Day.Az/

URL: http://www.today.az/news/society/66708.html

azeris love to talk out of there asses alot, thats why no one takes what they say seriously anymore.
            Last edited by ninetoyadome; 04-24-2010, 10:54 PM.

Comment

ILHAM ALIYEV RECOGNIZED ARMENIAN GENOCIDE: ILLUSION OR REALITY?

Tert.am

In an interview in Ganja President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has
              recognized the Armenian Genocide in 1915.

According to a news report published by the website of Azerbaijan's
              Ministry of Communication and IT Technologies Aliyev is reported to
              have said the following. "The Armenian Genocide together with the
              Holocaust is one of the most studied acts in the history of genocides."

This was apparently planned and implemented by hackers given the
              spelling and the content mistakes found in the text of the report.

The Azerbaijani have already disclosed the publication and removed
              it from the website.

Comment

When i read news on todayzaman or other Turkish websites they had actually cut down on it but your probably right about it still being said at the govt level.
                it does not surprise me, since it correlates with the reaction of the Armenian nationalists to this kind of exposure of their delusions regardless of their location of residence.

/Day.Az/

URL: http://www.today.az/news/society/66708.html

azeris love to talk out of there asses alot, thats why no one takes what they say seriously anymore.
                Wow. I love this one. Why doesn't the guy complete his work by saying something like, "Armenians are the terrorists behind 9/11. I had an interview with a Russian on July 23, 2001, and he said, 'Armenians are ready to execute their plan. They say that they are almost satisfied of killing innocent Turks and Azeris, so now they want to start with the Americans.' This is very well documented in the State Historical Archives of Azerbaijan. As you can see, there is no such thing as an innocent Armenian. They are all terrorists."

Comment

People responsible for massacres against Azerbaijanis cannot speak of "genocide"
                  Original Article
                  Mon 26 April 2010 | 07:20 GMT Text size:

Elnur Aslanov
                  A society that does not know its history is doomed to extinction from the map of the world.

Elnur Aslanov, chief of department for political analysis and information under the Presidential Administration, spoke at the presentation of internet portal www.history.az on April 24.

In his speech Elnur Aslanov stressed the need to study our history.

“A society that does not know its history is doomed to extinction from the map of the world while a society that knows its history well is constantly progressing and gaining new achievements”, Aslanov said.

Commenting on the 95th anniversary of the so-called “Armenian genocide” marked by Armenians on April 24, Aslanov noted: “Which ‘genocide’ is implied by people who are responsible for the policy of ethnic cleansing against peaceful Azerbaijanis committed in 1918 and who terminated 613 peaceful residents of the Azerbaijani city of Khojaly on 26 February 1992?”

The chief of department voiced regret that there are still supporters of the occupational policy of Armenia in the world who assist the leadership of this country in its striving to attain the world recognition of the falsified facts on the so-called “genocide”.

“Armenia’s economy is currently in a poor state. It is well known that Armenians who try to emigrate from their country are obliged to pay $10,000 to the relevant structures. This shows that the Armenian authorities use such measures to make people stay in Armenia and prevent the outflow of citizens from the country”, Aslanov said.
                  If knowing your own history is important to advance, then Azerbaijanis are in deep xxxx.

Comment

You guys ever been to this site? If you want a good laugh, check out "Xəritə" (maps). I'm guessing this is one of the main sources that poison Azerbaijanis' minds and turn their world black.

The entire world knows what Armenia was during/under the Roman Empire (1st century). Why do these maps fail to comply with the history known and documented by the rest of the world (*ahem* including Turkey)?

Comment

Turkey Grants 5-Year Residence Permit To Armenian Family

[ 27 Apr 2010 07:33 ]

Baku – APA. Turkey has granted a five-year residence permit to Armenian citizen Arthur Manukyan, who suffers from a permanent disease, and his family, officials said on Monday, APA reports quoting turkishny.com web-page. Main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) deputy Canan Aritman, during a parliamentary gathering on April 24, approached Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and asked him to help grant a residence permit to Manukyan, 21, as he has to be treated in Turkey for the deadly moyamoya disease, an inherited disease in which certain arteries in the brain are constricted.
                      Manukyan and his mother Hasmik Manukyan went to the Istanbul Police Department on Monday to receive their residence permit. Here, they met with Istanbul Police Chief Huseyin Capkin who said the Manukyan family was asked also if they wanted to become Turkish citizens.
                      "They wanted to become citizens," Capkin said. "We have received their application papers. We will be closely interested in them."
                      Arthur’s mother Hasmik Manukyan said they were illegally residing in Turkey until today.
                      "We did not have residence permit. But Arthur’s treatment had to go on. Thank God we have not been caught so far. I’d like to thank everyone, from Ms. Aritman to Mr. Prime Minister for their efforts," Hasmik Manukyan said.
                      Thousands of Armenians are living illegally in Turkey, most of them in Istanbul. The exact number is unknown but they are usually known as undocumented Armenians who are working illegally in Turkey.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Working...
                      X