Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
    A glutton hording a tableful of food, most of which he doesn't need, will end up having it all taken from him.
    Yes, like Scotland.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
      A glutton hording a tableful of food, most of which he doesn't need, will end up having it all taken from him.
      Indeed what happened to Azerbaijan .
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Comment

Is this a brainwashed nation?
          Is this a nation in denial?
          or is the truth is so hard to accept therefore consciously lying.
          Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
          Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
            They make me sick. It's a counter-protest to Toronto-Armenian efforts at hunger striking infront of the Turkish consulate for 72 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
              It's a nation desperate to hide the fact that it's identity and history is built on lies, falsifications, and genocides. At heart, they are just a Mongolic tribe that stole cultural elements from rich nations as their own, occupied Anatolia as their own and massacred anyone different, and forged a fake Turkish identity and culture.

Unfortunately, the civilised people that they oppressed, like us, could not really stop these hordes from establishing themselves. It's bit hard for a civilised people to win by force over a barbarian people.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Translated on Google translate from Russian.
                ------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer Abdullah Issa: "We must fight for the heritage of Nizami as fighting over Nagorno-Karabakh"

03.06.2011 17:50

BAKU, June 3 - 1NEWS.AZ

Historical novel Abdullah Isa "Highlander", telling about the troubled times of the Caucasus for 20 years, has become one of the discussed works of the past few weeks.

In the book weaved the war in Chechnya, as described on the basis of real and hitherto unknown facts, and the mystical world of Nizami, embodied in his latest work "Iskandar-Nama" (History of Alexander of Macedon). In an interview 1news.az author explained why Nizami and the war in Chechnya had attracted his attention.

What's so we do not know about Nizami, that you have decided to raise his work in his book?

I also have no doubt about the nationality of Nizami and his great artistic heritage - Nizami brightest Azerbaijani poet of all time. But this fact is not universally shared. Especially some of our neighbors. If you go to link the poet in the English-language Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nezami_Ganjavi), then there will not find a single word about his belonging to the Azerbaijani people.

But someone has, nevertheless, managed to write that he "at least half of Persia," and that in Ganja those times lived basically "the Persians and melenkaya group of Christians" (not hard to guess what exactly is a "small group"). Or another example - this is the product of "Khosrow and Shirin» (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khosrow_and_Shirin), where the width is specified as the Armenian queen. And why does this Armenian queen Turkish name, the editors of Wikipedia silent.

Slightly deviating from the topic I say that in English-language Wikipedia, which year are brutal battles between good harmonious Persian-Armenian users and small but excluded groups Azerbaijanis. I note especially two of our countrymen from the U.S. - Adil Bagirov and Javid Huseynov.

Wikipedia has a very complex internal regulations, when a few editors or users can write a complaint to another editor (user), and then simply block the offender. It is the favorite method of the Persian-Armenian group.

Instead of arguments, based on the facts supporting his point of view, our opponents simply write "collective letters of protest and try to block the work of Azerbaijani editors. If we consider that at one Azeri there are four or five of the Armenians and the Persians, it is not difficult to imagine passions seething in Wikipedia. With all this promotion of Azerbaijan on this page, though with difficulty, but it is going.

I am also impressed by the injustice that befell Nizami on the Internet, he decided to affect his work in his book. In addition, the Iskander-Nama, which I enjoyed very much resonates with today's realities - there is even a chapter where Abkhazians are coming and asking for help from Alexander of Macedonia from attacking Russian tribes from the north.

Why did you decide to raise it about war in Chechnya? Could write about and the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.

I agree with you. But the Chechen issue, I dealt with the scientific point of view. Traveled weight Caucasus, met with a large number of Chechens, even one of the editors of this book, my friend - Arby Bagiev, a Chechen by nationality.

The more I dealt with this conflict, the more come to the conclusion that some unseen force deliberately distort the reality of this war, creating myths and fables, which, after skillfully uses. I had to figure out who and what makes these myths, and then try to destroy them. I think that with this task I accomplished.

But highlighted that "Highlander" is a book not about politics. I generally tried to avoid war and political analysis of the situation. It was simply not interested in me. In the matter of the war in Chechnya, there are many other interesting things - such as radical Islam came to the Caucasus, what goals he set for ourselves, and most interesting, as they sought, what were the interests of local clans, which in many cases used the Islamists. Also, a lot of book talked about the war in Chechnya itself, a little-known facts about those times that help to understand the mentality of mountain people, their actions in one or another tragic moment in the history of Chechnya.

Do you want to write a sequel, "Highlander"? Probably a lot of interesting facts that I would like to tell you about the Caucasus.

At the moment I decided to myself never to engage in writing books (laughs). It's hellish work. In order to write the book "Highlander", check and recheck the facts described there, it took me three years. During this time, people write a full dissertation.

One happy that I wrote about what seemed to me very important, what I wanted to share and tell all - of belonging Nizami Azerbaijan people and its rich literary heritage. I am confident that we have to fight for the heritage of Nizami, both fighting over Nagorno-Karabakh now. Nobody can accuse us of prishlosti to the Caucasus and backwardness.

All the evidence suggests that the Azerbaijani poet Nizami, who was born and lived his entire life in Ganja, in the heyday of Dynasty Atabekov created works of world-class. "It" and "backward" people can not give rise to the level of writers Nizami. This concerns our enemies. Besides interest in the Nizami with time only grows, because many of the facts described in the works of the poet, still surprised by his contemporaries. For example, he mentioned the rings of Saturn in the product "Khosrow and Shirin", although Galileo will open them to Europe, only 300 years later. Or the most recent example, a reference to Nizami in the global bestseller, Khaled Hosseini, "Kite Runner".

Another incentive was the fact that writing a book about Highland culture, the value of Highlanders and their traditions. I grew up among the mountaineers, and it was important to talk about these honest, brave and fair people.

One very good phrase has spurred me to write a "Highlander" - "Write a book if you have something to say" - a phrase from one of my favorite books, though, this book is not a product of fiction. I think that in terms of expression of all of that pent up, I carried out his plan 100 per cent.

W. Girdymanly, LA

БАКУ, 3 июн - 1NEWS.AZ Исторический роман Абдуллы Исы «Горец», рассказывающий о смутных временах Кавказа последних 20 лет, стал одним из ...

Comment

F*ck the UN and all its tentacles.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  UN agency slammed in Armenian Khachkar exhibit controversy

The French Bureau of Hay Dat has expressed its outrage over an incident at a UNESCO exhibit in Paris where the organizing party had removed the signs on photographs describing the original location of Armenian khachkars (cross-stones).

The exhibit called Khachkar Craftsmanship opened in the capital of France on June 15 as part of scientific conferences organized by UNESCO.

Visitors, including some prominent members of the local Armenian community, were embarrassed to see that information indicating the place of origin and location of khachkars featured in photographs at the display had been removed, with only dates remaining.

The organizers of the event had offered no explanation for the kind of censorship that had prompted vigorous protests from Armenian organizations of France and Switzerland against what they viewed as an attempt to deny the cultural heritage of Armenia.

In particular, in its statement Hay Dat described the UN agency’s behavior as “civilized vandalism”.

“The incident proves the involvement of Azerbaijan and Turkey. By bowing down to political pressure, UNESCO has stained its good name,” said Hay Dat’s French Bureau, as reported by PanArmenian.net.

Last November UNESCO listed Armenian khachkars as “intangible cultural heritage” amid Azerbaijan’s claims that khachkars are “not Armenian”.

Comment

Need to take advantage of this.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Two foreign reporters brutally assaulted in Azerbaijan

New York, June 16, 2011--The Committee to Protect Journalists condemns the vicious beating in Baku of international journalists Amanda Erickson and Celia Davies, and calls on the authorities to bring their attackers to justice.

Erickson is an American freelance contributor to The Washington Post and The New York Times, and Davies is a British staffer at the Baku-based Institute for Reporters' Freedom and Safety (IRFS). They also run training programs for local journalists, Emin Huseynov, IRFS director told CPJ. Both live in Baku.

Four men followed and attacked Erickson and Davies at around midnight on Wednesday outside their apartment building in Baku, the Azeri service of the U.S. government-funded Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty reported. According to Huseynov, the assailants accosted and beat Erickson and Davies without saying anything; they did not take any personal items from the women.

Davies' left arm was broken, and Erickson suffered multiple bruises. Both have been hospitalized. Erickson and Davies gave statements to the Baku police, but a probe has not yet been launched, Huseynov said. The motive behind the attack remained unclear.

"We urge the Baku police to investigate this appalling attack immediately," CPJ Deputy Director Robert Mahoney said. "Since robbery does not appear to be behind the assault, the authorities must consider journalism as a motive."

With no valuables taken off the women, Huseynov told CPJ he believes the attack is related their work in Azerbaijan, calling it a "forewarning message to independent reporters and rights activists."

Coincidentally, the assault took place during the visit to Azerbaijan of Thomas Melia, U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary for Human Rights and Labor, local press reported. According to Huseynov, Melia was briefed about the attack and the U.S. Embassy in Baku is monitoring developments in the case.

New York, June 16, 2011--The Committee to Protect Journalists condemns the vicious beating in Baku of international journalists Amanda Erickson and Celia Davies, and calls on the authorities to bring their attackers to justice.

Comment

Please just read the fairy tale and laugh your ass off at the childishness.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Year passed since National Hero Mubariz Ibrahimov's death

Sun 19 June 2011 04:00 GMT | 0:00 Local Time
                      Text size: bigger smaller
                      Mubariz Ibrahimov
                      A year has passed since National hero Mubariz Ibrahimov died a heroic death in a battle with Armenian army.

Mubariz Ibrahimov was born in Aliabad village in Bilasuvar District of Azerbaijan on 7 February, 1988. He entered Aliabad secondary school named after Piriyev in 1994 and graduated in 2005.

He was called up for a military service the same year. He served in Special Purpose Unit of the Interior Ministry. He completed the military service as a sergeant in 2007.

After doing civil works for some time, he again started military service as an ensign in August 2009.

Later, he began to serve at a military unit located on the front line upon his own request.

According to unconfirmed reports, he crossed 1km area planted with mines between the two armies at about 23:30 on 19 June last year. He killed great number of Armenian soldiers and officers in a first attack.

Later, he fought with the enemy forces using the opposite side’s weapons against them for five hours. Inflicting heavy losses to the enemy, he found about their weak sides and died a heroic death in an unequal battle at early morning.

Azerbaijani President has decreed to award title of National Hero of Azerbaijan to Mubariz Ibrahimov posthumously.

The Cabinet of Ministers has named the lyceum in Bilasuvar after him in accordance with the item 1 of the decree 1040 “On Perpetuation of National Hero Mubariz Ibrahimov’s Memory” issued by President Ilham Aliyev on 22 July, 2010.

President of Palmali Group of Companies Mubariz Mansimov has named one of the tankers of the company after Mubariz Ibrahimov.

The Mubariz Ibrahimov tanker was launched by Beshiktash shipyard on 15 October, 2010.

The National Hero Chingiz Mustafayev Fund and ANS Group of Companies announced Mubariz Ibrahimov “Man of the Year 2010” in 2010.

The Armenian side refused to hand over Ibrahimov’s dead body to Azerbaijan for a long time. It was returned to Azerbaijan only on 6 November 2010 following the joint statement issued by Azerbaijani, Armenian and Russian presidents on 27 October, 2010.

He was buried in the Second Ally of Honors on 7 November.

news.az/articles/society/38713

Comment

Working...
                      X