Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Azerbaijani Singer Forced to Remove Armenian Friend from Facebook Friends’ List

Photos of Aynishan Guliyeva (pictured, second from left, second row), Azerbaijan’s contestant in the 20th International Performers Contest at the Slavianski Bazaar alongside Armenia’s contestant Narek Makaryan (pictured, in purple tie) resulted in a wave of discontent by internet users.

According to Aze.az, Guliyeva was forced to remove Makaryan from her list of Facebook friends. Guliyeva’s mother, Aybaniz Gashimova, who accompanied her daughter to the song contest in Vitebsk, tried to justify and explain how it came to be that her daughter was in a photo with an Armenian.

“This Armenian boy expressed his love for Azerbaijan; the organizers were constantly putting him next to Aynishan. We are a peace-loving people; we couldn’t drive him away from us — the participants and guests of the festival saw everything. That Aynishan was photographed with an Armenian doesn’t mean we have forgotten our martyrs. No! Our family has experienced great sorrow, but we have shown peacefulness. We could not push him away or be rude and thus disgrace our country,” said Gashimova, reports Aze.az.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Not your usual Armenian-related information war topic but some suspected neocon was posing as half-Palestinian half-Armenian to discredit the Bahrain revolution http://thenextweb.com/me/2011/08/02/...dle-east-hoax/
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

azeris are retarded:

US soldier killed by Armenian weapons remembered at Missouri
        Thu 04 August 2011 04:20 GMT | -3:20 Local Time
        Text size:

Remembrance for the US soldier killed by Armenian weapons has been held at the Missouri State Capitol.
        Sgt. Matthew F. Straughter of the Missouri National Guard, who fell in Iraq on January 31, 2008, from the rocket-propelled grenade originally sold by Armenia (with personal approval of now-President Serzh Sargsyan) to Iran was remembered in the Missouri State Capitol.

Service members from Missouri who have died from wounds suffered in a war zone since Sept. 11, 2001, were recognized Sunday during the opening of Remembering Our Fallen at the state capitol rotunda.

Remembering Our Fallen is a touring display made up of photos of 130 Service members from Missouri who made the ultimate sacrifice, which includes 10 members of the Missouri National Guard.

Several Families of those Guardsmen attended the event, including the Family of Sgt. Robert Wayne Crow, who lived in Kansas City. A Missouri Guardsmen with Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 203rd Engineer Battalion of Joplin, Crow was killed July 10, 2010, after the vehicle he was in was struck by an improvised explosive device in Paktika, Afghanistan.

Although it was mentioned during the ceremony that 95 percent of Americans were not directly impacted by the deaths of these Service members, Crow's wife, Beverly, said there was still plenty of reason for them to come see the display.

"They should see it so they understand our loss - what we gave up for their freedom," said Beverly. "I want the word out - I want them to know about my husband even though he's gone. Everything about him was special - he was the glue for our Family and the goofball of our Family."

During the ceremony, a roll call of each service member's name was read aloud by a Family member or a member of American Legion Roscoe Enloe Post 5 of Jefferson City.

Just before the explosion that killed Crow, Beverly said her husband was telling the people in the vehicle with him that he had just learned he was going to be a grandfather for the 13th time at the age of 42. That grandchild, Ireland Kern, was in attendance at the ceremony and was held by her mother, Gretchen Grimes, who read her father-in-law's name during the roll call.

"He was talking about Ireland the moment he died - he had just found out she was a girl," said Beverly, who lives in Kansas City.

Beverly said it had always been her husband's dream to serve in the military, but he didn't enlist until he was 38.

"This was his last tour," Beverly said. "He had 60 days left and he was coming home to retire."

Beverly said the display and ceremony were beautiful.

"I'm all for anything they want to do like this," she said. "Especially to have it in here at the capitol rotunda - that made it something else," she said. "I think it's really special that they honored everyone from Missouri."

Katherine Williams was honored to read her brother's name, Sgt. Matthew Straughter, a Missouri Guardsmen with the 1138th Engineer Company (Sapper) of Farmington, who was killed Jan. 31, 2008, by a rocket-propelled grenade in Iraq.

"I'm very happy that they've done this," said Williams, who lives in Nashville, Ill. "I think anything to honor and remember our fallen men and women, it's definitely important because that's what makes people remember what is going on."

Perry Vinson, Straughter's father, said the display was a nice tribute to his son and the other Service members.

"I think it's great," said Vinson, who also resides in Nashville. "As a Veteran of that war myself, and the fact that both of my sons served over there, I think it's great that they remember the fallen."

A husband and father of five, Straughter was born in St. Louis. He enlisted in the Guard while living in Saint Charles and lived in Belleville, Ill., at the time of his deployment.

Being in the military is a family institution for Vinson and his Family.
        Vinson is a retired gunnery sergeant who served 22 years in the Marine Corps.
        Williams was a sergeant who served four years in the Marines and two years in both the Missouri and Illinois Army National Guard. Vinson's other son, Spc.
        Andrew Straughter, is currently serving in the active Army with the 82nd Airborne at Fort Bragg, N.C.

For various memorial tributes to his son, Vinson said he and his Family have travelled as far as Fort Hood, Texas, the home to the 4th Infantry Division, who Straughter was assigned to when he was killed.

What made this memorial special was that the orchestrators contacted the Families for pictures of their loved ones.

"I thought that was really awesome because some of the pictures that have been used in the past of my brother are not good ones," Williams said. "It meant more to us that we got to be more involved."

Although memorials by state, local and military organizations are nice tributes, Williams wonders when her brother and the thousands of other Service members who have been killed since 9/11 will get a national monument.

"It's disappointing that the federal government hasn't really issued anything for these men and women at this point," Williams said. "There's nothing like the Vietnam Wall. I definitely think that if these men and women are dying for their country, then their country should be honoring them and not just their state, base or unit."

Several Missouri National Guardsmen also attended the ceremony to show their support, including Col. Gary Gilmore, the state chaplain, and Capt. Steven Toft, commander of Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 35th Engineer Brigade, at Fort Leonard Wood.

Toft had ties to a pair of Missouri Guard engineers represented in the display - Staff Sgt. Bradley Skelton and Sgt. Denis Kisseloff.

"I think everybody who supports the Families of Fallen Comrades wants to be involved, even after the fact," said Toft, who lives in Buckhorn. "You get to know the Families pretty well and get to know the fallen Soldiers through their Families."

The display will remain at the capitol until Friday, Aug. 5. On Saturday, Aug. 6, it will begin traveling to communities throughout Missouri, starting in Elsberry.

----------------

they quote this article which does not talk about Armenia at all
        KTVO.com provides news, sports and weather coverage and serves the area around Kirksville, Missouri and Ottumwa, Iowa, including Greentop, Lancaster, Downing, Memphis, Rutledge, Baring, Edina, Novelty, La Plata, Atlanta, Macon, Elmer, New Boston, Browning, Milan, Green City, Novinger, Pollock and Unionville, Missouri and Bloomfield, Floris, Eldon, Moulton, Blakesburg, Moravia, Eddyville, Oskaloosa, Ollie, Sigourney, Burlington and What Cheer, Iowa

Comment

^^^

How about all the American soldiers that were killed by American weapons, which were given by America in time?? It's truly ridicolous, Azeris have stretched this story to idiotic proportions.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
            ^^^

How about all the American soldiers that were killed by American weapons, which were given by America in time?? It's truly ridicolous, Azeris have stretched this story to idiotic proportions.
            They have nothing better to do then try and convince Americans that Armenians are "evil". The funny thing is i doubt Americans read that crappy website.

Comment

Blogger: Azeri society suffers from Armenophobia

August 5, 2011 - 16:18 AMT
              PanARMENIAN.Net - Armenophobia became a uniting factor in the Azerbaijani society, Chairman of the Armenian Association of Intellectuals said..
              “Regretfully, it is also observed in the more or less intellectual part of the society,” Tigran Kocharyan told a press conference in Yerevan, adding that Azeri society suffers from Armenophobia, as even intellectuals sink into primitive nationalism.
              “We come for a game, but they come to solve their problems and complexes,” he said when commenting on the scandal with recent Batumi–hosted 13th South Caucasus Intellectual Games Championship.
              He also noted that Azeris celebrate their victories as if they entered Stepanakert or Shushi.
              “It is ridiculous. This is just a game. You won the game; well done! We ourselves will come up and congratulate you,” Kocharyan said.
              “Armenian team did not yield in a ‘shirt war’. We played in the shirts, but they did not,” he said, touching upon the scandal with shirts and pointed out the state support in this issue, particularly, from the Foreign Ministry.
              Kocharyan underscored that presently Azerbaijan makes essential input in What?Where?When? game, that is proved by representation of Azeri members in Intellectuals’ Elite Club.
              “The goal N1 of Azerbaijani state is to change image of Azeris in Russian society. Roughly saying, so that to rise from the greengrocery salesmen to elite people. And they obtained serious progress in it,” the Association head said.
              13th South Caucasus Intellectual Games Championship which was held in Batumi, Georgia, July 29-31, resulted in a scandal. When Azerbaijani delegation saw one of the Armenian teams, namely DAF, dressed in shirts with advertisement of a sponsor Artsakh-Alco, it started protesting from the very first day of the championship, demanding from the organizers to forbid the Armenian team to play in those shirts.
              It should be noted that DAF wore those shirts during last-autumn World Championship in Israel, and no claims were put forward relating to the shirts then.
              After the organizers of the contest offered delegations to stop politics and continue the game, a part of Azeri delegation headed by a well-known Balash Kasumov came at July 31 brain-ring game in provocative shirts, with the writing about “Republic of Armenia’s belonging to Azerbaijan”, the so called, “Erivan khanate”. As a result of protest on the part of Armenian delegation and following continuing talks between organizers and both countries delegations, the organizers were forced to cancel the brain-ring. Besides, the Armenian delegation on behalf of all 14 teams’ captains, participating in the championship, unanimously decided to leave the championship.

Comment

looks like Armenia is not wasting tme putting mines in toys anymore

-------------------------

Mines Armenians send through rivers made in Armenia
                Fri 05 August 2011 10:28 GMT | 3:28 Local Time
                Text size:

ANAMA
                The mines Armenians sent through the river are made in Armenia itself.
                The statement came from senior expert at the Azerbaijan National Agency for Mine Action (ANAMA) Adil Aslanov.

Armenians send mines produced in Armenia through Tartar, Gargar and Khachin rivers in spring when there are high water levels in the rivers. They also send non-standards mines installed incident some object. They explode and injure and even kill people who get deceived and take them, the expert said.

'The fact that 13-old girl was killed by similar explosive recently proves this once again. By sending such mines and explosives, Armenians aim to cause fear and psychological distress among civilians and soldiers,' Aslanov noted.
                Gun.Az
                Last edited by ninetoyadome; 08-05-2011, 09:12 AM.

Comment

13 Year-Old Girl From Stepanakert Writes to President Aliyev
                  15:33, August 11, 2011
                  13 year-old Adeliana Avagimyan from Stepanakert, the capital of Artsakh, has written a letter to Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.

Below are some passages of the letter.

Mr. President. My name is Adeliana Avagimyan, a school pupil from Karabakh.

I haven't told anyone that was writing this letter to you. In fact, I thought long and hard about writing it or not.

I was born and raised in Stepanakert. I love my country because Karabakh is my homeland. My parents and grandparents were also born here.

So were their forefathers. Do you know that Karabakh was originally called Artsakh, a region of historic Armenia?

Mr. President, whenever I watch TV or listen to what older folk are talking about, I am amazed. It seems that you are constantly talking about Karabakh and about war. Aren't there other issues on your mind?

I have never seen any Azerbaijanis. I do not think about you or your country. It's the same with my parents. I can't understand what it is that you want from us.

I have heard that you have never been to Artsakh – to our Gandzasar, our Dadivank or Amaras – but you want to conquer our country.

Don't you have enough land already? Why do you need our Karabakh?

My father fought in the war. I have never seen war but my elders say it is a terrible thing and I don't want to experience one myself.

But my elders say that if war breaks out again they are ready to defend our country once more. I too will assist in whatever way I can.

I have asked my parents why it is that we won over your overwhelming forces. They answer because we were on our lands, defending our country, and that the Azerbaijanis came to conquer us, to steal our freedom.

If you start a war to conquer us, the entire Armenian people will rise up to defend our lands.

I am sure that if you start a war, you and your children and relatives will not fight. You will send common Azerbaijani youth to fight for you.

I know that many of us, even women and children, will die if war breaks out.

But thousands of Azerbaijani youth and children will also be sacrificed and left orphaned.

Is this want you want?

Why spend all your money on buying weapons for war?

Shouldn't you be spending it on creating a better life for your people and for improving conditions for those refugees created by the war started by your father?

I would really appreciate it if you would answer my letter and explain why you want to conquer my homeland.

I have heard that you have never been to Artsakh – to our Gandzasar, our Dadivank or Amaras – but you want to conquer our country.

Comment

Did Clinton Discuss ‘Wilsonian Armenia’ in Turkey?

Secretary Clinton with Foreign Minister Davutoglu in Turkey last month
                    MOSCOW—“We—the United States and Turkey—owe Armenia what was promised them by President Woodrow Wilson,” the Moscow-based Regnum news agency quoted Secretary Hillary Clinton as saying during her meetings last month in Turkey, according to the news agency’s “source in the region.”
                    According to the same Regnum source, during her meetings with Turkish officials last month, Clinton also allegedly outlined a new Middle East and Caucasus map after an envisioned end to the Karabakh conflict. This map, which supposedly not only includes the deployment of peace-keeping forces to the Karabakh conflict zone, also envisions exchange of territories and transport routes.
                    The Regnum source indicated that aforementioned discussion was about granting Armenia a corridor to the port of Trabizon, following a possible ratification of the Turkey-Armenia protocols.
                    Regnum also discussed a possible territorial exchange with Azerbaijan, to be overseen by US Ambassador to Baku, Matthew Bryza. The Regnum source said that process would be the creation of a “Greater Azerbaijan.”
                    Essentially, what this anonymous Regnum news agency source if saying, is that Karabakh would be given back to Azerbaijan, with a guarantee that Armenia would have access to a sea port.
                    Fact or fiction? It’s food for thought.

Comment

Muslim World Voices Support for Aliyev on Karabakh

BAKU (RFE/RL)—Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev on Wednesday again commended Muslim countries for lending unconditional support to Azerbaijan in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
                      Aliyev was cited by his office as telling the Baku-based ambassadors of Islamic states that the Azerbaijani government continues to enjoy that backing.
                      He recalled their decisive role in the passage by the General Assembly in 2008 of a resolution on the Karabakh dispute that was rejected by Armenia.
                      The non-binding resolution referred to Karabakh as an internationally recognized part of Azerbaijan and demanded an “immediate, complete and unconditional withdrawal of Armenian forces” from occupied Azerbaijani lands.
                      Only 39 UN member states, most of them having predominantly Muslim populations, voted for that document, while over 150 other nations abstained or did not vote at all. The United States, Russia and France, the three co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group, voted against.
                      The Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) has likewise repeatedly accused Armenia of unleashing aggression against Azerbaijan. The foreign ministers of OIC member states most recently did so in September last year.
                      Speaking on behalf of the diplomats, Uzbekistan’s ambassador to Azerbaijan, Ismatillah Ergashev, was reported to reaffirm this stance. “The diplomat pointed out that Muslim countries will continue to support the just position of Azerbaijan on the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict,” Aliyev’s office said in a statement.
                      The statement also quoted the Azerbaijani leader as calling for greater “Islamic solidarity” and a “higher level of mutual support.”
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---
                      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Working...
                      X