Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Whats wrong with bro it means brother. I am not trying to be disrespectful. Man your always complaining. Just stop and be happy your Armenian!

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post

If so, then I'm glad to say that, under your standards, I'm "not natural" - something I am thankful for if only because it avoids the risk of you ever calling me "bro".
    Mher its natural. Armos have a saying for people like you - Dzend tak teghits e galis. Lets see your butt if you are low wage earner and you have family to feed. Also, the system in America is already milking you if you are smart you return the favor. Know what I mean bro? But everything in limits - chap u sahman! LOL

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    ^lmao
    It is not natural, it is part of a culture that needs to be eradicated. Until people start putting the national interest ahead of their personal interest, we will never have progress, we will never become stronger, and our country will continue to deteriorate. If everyone stopped trying to cheat the system, then you wouldnt need to cheat the system to survive.
    Bro what are you talking about? The whole world is in one trade union or another. What NAFTA and the EU? The only one that makes best sense for Armenia is Russian one. They are close and powerful and they have large market and lost of money. Anyway my family friend says its only a matter of time.

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    Well, us having no border with Russia was the reason given by the PM. Though the Eurasian Union which Putin wants to implement will have a common economic space, one currency, unified institutions, etc. I fear that with this Union Armenia will once again lose its independence, and I hope we don't join, just maintain the strong economic ties.

Comment

Sarkozy made the most short-term visit to Baku
      Today's visit to Baku by French President Nicolas Sarkozy may be considered the most concise official visit ever committed in Azerbaijan. The total residence time Sarkozy was about 2.5 hours, during which he only spoke one on one with President Ilham Aliyev and his wife presented the Legion of Honor.

Sarkozy then have a snack with Aliyev, attended the ceremony of the French Lycee. At 17:00 Sarkozy was in Tbilisi.

This is despite the fact that in Yerevan Sarkozy spent almost a day visiting the memorial of the Armenian Genocide and making strong statements about the need to recognize the Turkish genocide. In the evening at a press conference in Yerevan, French President reiterated these demands by threatening to otherwise law penalizing the denial of the Armenian Genocide.

In Baku, Sarkozy did not find time to visit Alley of Martyrs and did not conduct the briefing. But in Yerevan, he talked about the Karabakh conflict and the great love that the French have to Armenia, and has signed an agreement on cooperation between Armenia and France.

It can be assumed that such a shift in the behavior of Sarkozy explained the upcoming presidential election, where he wants to get votes 500 000 French people of Armenian descent.

In any case, such behavior was emphatic humiliation in Azerbaijan, especially against the background of the great authority in France Mehriban due contributions to the funds of the Louvre and the Strasbourg Cathedral and the company's participation in the development of Total largest natural gas field in Azerbaijan.
      Contact.az

Comment

Originally posted by Serjik View Post
        Originally posted by Mher View Post
        ^lmao
        It is not natural, it is part of a culture that needs to be eradicated. Until people start putting the national interest ahead of their personal interest, we will never have progress, we will never become stronger, and our country will continue to deteriorate. If everyone stopped trying to cheat the system, then you wouldnt need to cheat the system to survive.
        Mher its natural. Armos have a saying for people like you - Dzend tak teghits e galis. Lets see your butt if you are low wage earner and you have family to feed. Also, the system in America is already milking you if you are smart you return the favor. Know what I mean bro? But everything in limits - chap u sahman! LOL

Serjik, I was originally gong to edit my post to address that very thing, but I decided against it. I was gonna answer this question before you ever posted anything, but I decided no to. I was going to say:

Yes I understand its easy for me to talk about living honestly when I'm living comfortably here in Los Angeles, with a comfortable and decent paying job, however it doesnt make the message any less true.

Its this very mentality of Armenians that has gotten us to where we are. I am so sick and tired of this same God damn mentality I see here around Glendale. Where Armenians are universal known for fraud and theft and are looked down upon by other races. Instead of shame, many Armenians take pride in it, and think they are being smart, and outworking the system. Guess what? maybe that system can survive when Armenians make up .1% of the population of a country, but it sure as hell doesnt work when Armenians are the entire system. We as a people need to make it part of our culture that it is not okay to cheat, it is not okay to steal, an d there is no "chap u sahman", ITS ALL WRONG. Until we as a people stop trying to get away with it, until we stop trying to work the system, until we learn how to do it the right way, we are not gonna go anywhere.
        Last edited by Mher; 10-07-2011, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Good job Sarkozy..

Sarkozy humiliated Azerbaijan - media

October 07, 2011 | 22:27
          BAKU. – French President Nikolas Sarkozy’s visit to Azerbaijan, which lasted for only 2.5 hours, was the shortest official visit ever made in Baku, contact.az complaints.

“This is when Sarkozy stayed in Armenia almost 24 hours. Besides, he visited Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute, made a strong statement for Turkey to recognize the genocide.

French President also touched upon the Karabakh conflict settlement and the big French love for Armenia. Armenian and French Presidents signed also an agreement on cooperation, while Sarkozy did not even participate in the briefing in Baku.

Such a behavior was a demonstrative humiliation for Azerbaijan. Thus, it is not difficult to understand the satisfied face-expression of the Armenian President when Sarkozy pointed to the Mount Ararat at the airport in Yerevan, contact.az reports.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Tory MP on intelligence committee is paid by Azerbaijan lobby group

Mark Field denies conflict of interest over his links to a country whose human rights record is criticised by the Foreign Office

A Conservative MP who sits on the committee that scrutinises the security services is being paid £6,000 a year by a pro-Azerbaijan lobby group.

Mark Field, MP for the Cities of London and Westminster, has joined the advisory board of the European Azerbaijan Society. Azerbaijan's government has been criticised this year by the Foreign Office and Amnesty International for torturing protesters campaigning for political reforms. Labour MPs have questioned whether Field's new job is appropriate given the sensitive nature of the work of the intelligence committee.

Field, 46, is the youngest ever MP to serve on the committee, which reports directly to 10 Downing Street and oversees the UK's intelligence and security services.

The committee is unique because it consists of nine parliamentarians appointed by, and reporting directly to, the prime minister. It has greater powers than a select committee of parliament, being able to demand papers from former governments and official advice to ministers, both of which are not open to select committees. His new advisory role began in June. He is also the chairman of the all-party group for Azerbaijan.

Field flew to Azerbaijan to meet senior Azeri politicians in May on a five-day trip that cost around £3,500 and in July 2010 he spoke in the country's capital, Baku, at a Nato conference.

In March Prince Andrew met Field at Buckingham Palace and asked for support in parliament and Whitehall for British investment in Azerbaijan.

The European Azerbaijan Society was launched in November 2008 to promote Azerbaijan to international audiences, according to its website.

The country is the size of the island of Ireland and sits on the edges of eastern Europe and west Asia. It is attracting increasing interest from foreign powers because of an abundance of gas and oil reserves.

Tale Heydarov, a 26-year-old businessman whose father is one of Azerbaijan's ministers, is the society's main funder and director.

A former student at the London School of Economics, he has been described as the "Abramovich of Azerbaijan" after pouring millions of pounds into his local football team – including £1m a year in wages to recruit the former England captain Tony Adams as manager.

Azerbaijan is ruled by the authoritarian president Ilham Aliyev and, according to the Foreign Office, the country's human rights record is poor. Journalists in the country have been harassed and jailed, opposition candidates disqualified and voters intimidated.

In March Amnesty International called upon Azerbaijan's authorities to end their crackdown on activists preparing for a protest inspired by recent events in the Middle East and north Africa. Detainees said they had been waterboarded and threatened with rape while in police custody.

A spokesman for the Foreign Office said human rights remained a crucial issue in the country. "We and the EU have raised our concern over the slow progress in improving human rights in Azerbaijan on many occasions. These concerns still exist."

The society has increased its profile in Westminster over the past year. It provides secretarial services for the all-party parliamentary group on Azerbaijan, which has 20 members.

It has organised high-profile meetings and receptions at all three of the main party conferences.

The society also founded "Conservative Friends of Azerbaijan" this year, which has 25 Tory parliamentarians as members. Robert Halfon MP is vice-chair and Chris Pincher MP is treasurer. Other members include the deputy speaker Nigel Evans and the 1922 Committee chairman, Graham Brady.

Approached this week, Field said it was "absurd" to claim that he should not have taken up his new position. He said he had met Tale Heydarov on a couple of occasions.

"The reason that I have been out there [to Azerbaijan] on two occasions is because the country is trying to develop its financial services sector. There is no question of a conflict of interest," he said.

"I have signed the Official Secrets Act and I will not be divulging any secrets to the Azerbaijan government or anyone else connected to any of the other organisations or all-party committees I am involved with. It would be absurd and would be quite improper to think that anyone on the security and intelligence committee could not have any other outside interests," he said.

A spokesman for the society said the Heydarovs were not its only funders and it was an independent organisation, entirely separate from the Azerbaijan government.

John Mann, the Labour MP for Bassetlaw, said: "This shows how wrong it can go when an MP takes a second job. It is an obvious conflict of interest."

Lisa Nandy, the Labour MP for Wigan who chairs the all-party group on corporate responsibility, said: "As one of a small number of parliamentarians who have the power to influence the British intelligence services and access to highly sensitive information, it is inappropriate that he is paid by a company promoting a government that is willing to torture those who question the status quo."
            Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
            Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
            Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Interesting analysis:

Expert: France eyes Armenia as ally, Georgia as fellow-traveler, Azerbaijan as opponent

October 9, 2011 - 15:25 AMT
              PanARMENIAN.Net - Russian political analyst Stanislav Tarasov thinks that French President Nicolas Sarkozy's visit to the South Caucasus was an event of utmost importance.
              “The visit took place after Paris demonstrated heightened interest in the developments in North Africa and Middle East to strengthen its influence there. It's enough to remember that Sarkozy and British Prime Minister David Cameron appeared in Libya several hours before the arrival of Turkish PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Besides, France shows interest in Syria, whose relations with Turkey have recently deteriorated. Paris as is plants 'red flags' around Turkey,” Tarasov told Analitika.at.ua.
              “There is an impression that France eyes Armenia as an ally, Georgia as a fellow-traveler and Azerbaijan as an opponent,” he said.
              According to Tarasov, France plans a large-scale political operation in the region. “First, it may press for resolution of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict with due account taken of historical compensation Turks owe to Armenia and compelling them to betray the main ally - Azerbaijan. Then, steps towards Iran will follow in order to resolve the nuclear issue and create geopolitical counterbalance to Turkey and, at the same time, get access to energy resources of the Persian Gulf,” he said.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Dashnaks, Aram I and Aznavour

Perhaps the largest units of the Armenian Diaspora have recently criticized the policy of the Armenian government.

In early September the Central Committee of the ARF Dashnaktsutyun of West America issued a statement blaming Serzh Sargsyan for having the economy dominated by monopolists and oligarchs, fostering migration and other deadly sins.

On September 17 Catholicos Aram I of the House of Cilicia addressed the Armenia-Diaspora forum and mentioned that the country is emptying and the government encourages this by mismanagement. “Decay, corruption, economic prosperity of the minority and the poverty of the intelligentsia, writers, teachers, people in general, require reforms. The church cannot remain indifferent to such unhealthy phenomena,” Aram I announced.

Another pillar of the Armenians worldwide, Charles Aznavour, announced that the present government of Armenia does not foster the development of the country. Aznavour’s words expressed a deep pain. He said that in Armenia farmers have to live half-hungry on their own land while the mafia rules Armenia.

Charles Aznavour, Aram I, the ARF Dashnaktsutyun leadership were not announced persona non grate in Armenia. However, their words were not heard. Like the oppositions words, which alarms growing emigration, injustice, monopolies.

A few days ago Levon Ter-Petrosyan reminded that democracy is not a possibility to form a good government, it is a mechanism of removing a bad government. Thus, there is no democracy in Armenia because the law does not provide a mechanism of recalling members of parliament, let alone the president. There is not a mechanism of announcing snap elections, while it is even more difficult to speak about the tradition of resignation in Armenia, as well as the influence of public opinion on the behavior of those in government.

In brief, the representatives of the Armenian government do not even deny that there is no democracy in Armenia, and it is still on the way for establishment. It is a good opportunity not to obey public opinion. These people are wearing a shield and pay no attention to what others say about them. Even if those are Aram I and Charles Aznavour.

Naira Hayrumyan
                Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                  Dashnaks, Aram I and Aznavour
                  Perhaps the largest units of the Armenian Diaspora have recently criticized the policy of the Armenian government.

In early September the Central Committee of the ARF Dashnaktsutyun of West America issued a statement blaming Serzh Sargsyan for having the economy dominated by monopolists and oligarchs, fostering migration and other deadly sins.

Another pillar of the Armenians worldwide, Charles Aznavour, announced that the present government of Armenia does not foster the development of the country. Aznavour’s words expressed a deep pain. He said that in Armenia farmers have to live half-hungry on their own land while the mafia rules Armenia.

Charles Aznavour, Aram I, the ARF Dashnaktsutyun leadership were not announced persona non grate in Armenia. However, their words were not heard. Like the oppositions words, which alarms growing emigration, injustice, monopolies.
                  Amusing that it is not mentioned that in the very same interview Aznavour was also damming about the ARF's pointless obsessions. Seems that the article is guilty of the very thing it says it is against - only hearing words you agree with and ignoring the opposition's words!
                  Last edited by bell-the-cat; 10-09-2011, 06:17 PM.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Lider TV, Azerbaijan
                    Sept 29 2011

Analyst says USA to use Armenia against Azerbaijan

An Azerbaijani analyst has said that Armenia is an instrument the USA
                    will use against Azerbaijan.

Speaking on the privately-owned pro-government Lider TV on 29
                    September, the director of the Political Innovation and Technology
                    Centre, Mubariz Ahmadoglu, said that "Armenia is an instrument that
                    has stood the test of time".

"The USA needs an instrument like this to use it against whichever
                    country it wants," he said and added that the USA is helping Armenia
                    in order to use it against Azerbaijan in the future as well.

The TV presenter said the USA had turned a blind eye to election fraud
                    in Armenia back in 2008, to the killing of civilians following the
                    elections in March and had put pressure on the OSCE Election
                    Observation Mission to ignore the irregularities.

Ahmadoglu said the USA's "indifference" to the killing of civilians in
                    the March 2008 protests "was a slap in the face of democracy".

The analyst said the reason why the USA had supported Sargsyan in the
                    2008 election was that it truly believed that Sargsyan would get
                    Armenia away from Russia's influence and bring it closer to Turkey.
                    "The USA miscalculated Sargsyan's relations with the Armenian lobby in
                    the USA back then. Armenians used America's expectations to further
                    their own interests and made the USA a partner in their dirty games,"
                    the analyst said.

Ahmadoglu also spoke about the "negative influence" of the Zurich
                    protocols on establishing relations between Armenia and Turkey on the
                    Karabakh settlement, adding that the Zurich protocols had been
                    initiated by the USA.

[translated from Azeri]

PS/ One thing is interesting:
                    Everybody uses Armenia against Azerbaijan, Russia, France, Iran, USA, Turkey too, (for evident reasons, plus to spoil baku's oil at bargain price and sell it with extra profit, to compensate Armenia against Genocide damage, etc.....), Turkmenistan because they want to steel baku's oil, Kazakhstan because they are not good turks, Germany (because they do not like turks.. , BP to have cheap oil, etc... Israel to sell a lot of arms, etc.... but there is still someone not mentioned yet ....... the Kurdish Aliyev clan!
                    Wonder why they always forget about....
                    Last edited by Vrej1915; 10-09-2011, 07:50 PM.

Comment

PS: Le Monde is the most respected daily in France.
                      It is the best informed and its sources are within the administration, in this case the Quai d'Orsay.

Le Monde, France
                      7 oct 2011

Quelle issue pour le Haut-Karabagh ?

Point de vue | LEMONDE.FR | 07.10.11 | 13h13 - Mis à jour le 07.10.11 | 13h13

Depuis quelques mois, l'espoir renaît au Haut-Karabagh. Après la
                      reconnaissance du Soudan du Sud aux Nations Unies et la demande
                      officielle d'adhésion de la Palestine à l'ONU, la visite de Nicolas
                      Sarkozy dans le Caucase du Sud les 6 et 7 octobre remet sur le devant
                      de la scène ce conflit gelé.

Ancienne région autonome, arbitrairement placée sous l'autorité de
                      l'Azerbaïdjan en 1921, le Haut-Karabagh a déclaré son indépendance
                      voilà vingt ans sans jamais être reconnu par la communauté
                      internationale. Aujourd'hui, le petit pays peuplé d'Arméniens peine à
                      se relever des quatre années de guerre qui ont fait dans les deux
                      camps près de 30 000 morts, plus d'un million de réfugiés et laissé le
                      territoire en ruines. Mais pour exister, se développer et espérer, un
                      jour, être reconnu, le pays s'est doté de tous les attributs des Etats
                      officiels : du président de la République aux tribunaux, en passant
                      par le drapeau, l'hymne national, les ministères, la police, la
                      Constitution, l'armée, ou encore les représentations étrangères. Un
                      dispositif lourd mais symptomatique des efforts fournis pour adhérer
                      aux normes internationales. Parallèlement, les négociations menées
                      depuis vingt ans par le groupe de Minsk sous l'égide de l'OSCE sont
                      restées vaines et l'arrivée des prochaines élections présidentielles
                      d'Arménie et d'Azerbaïdjan en 2012 et 2013 offre une nouvelle occasion
                      de radicaliser chaque position sur cette question d'envergure
                      nationale.

Pour autant, le Haut-Karabagh aurait-il tort d'espérer que l'agenda
                      international joue en sa faveur ? Rappelons qu'en mars dernier, Alain
                      Juppé, le ministre des affaires étrangères français, déclarait : "le
                      principe du droit à l'auto-détermination des peuples constitue le
                      principe fondamental de tout règlement de ce conflit ". Cette
                      position, beaucoup moins neutre que celle adoptée habituellement par
                      le quai d'Orsay, sonne comme un désaveu pour Bakou. De plus, le
                      Printemps arabe a prouvé que les pays occidentaux étaient prêts à
                      soutenir les élans populaires en faveur de la démocratie et de la
                      liberté, par-delà les concepts juridiques. En Libye notamment, la
                      France, suivie par l'Union Européenne puis par l'assemblée générale
                      des Nations Unies, a reconnu le Conseil national de transition avant
                      même la chute du colonel Kadhafi. La reconnaissance simultanée du
                      Soudan du Sud est un nouvel acte fort de la communauté internationale
                      qui s'aligne sur la volonté du peuple, à l'instar du président
                      soudanais.

Conflit gelé, conflit ouvert, il semble que les Etats membres de l'ONU
                      ne veuillent plus entretenir ces vieilles poudrières, quitte à prendre
                      une décision unilatérale, en désaccord avec les Etats parties au
                      conflit. Certains n'ont ainsi pas attendu l'aval de la Serbie pour
                      reconnaître le Kosovo voilà cinq ans.

Pour autant, les Etats occidentaux, soucieux de conserver leur libre
                      arbitre, soutiennent que ces positions se lisent au cas par cas et ne
                      peuvent constituer une doctrine en soi, comme le rappelle le chercheur
                      Bruno Coppieters. Mais au vue du contexte général, cette rhétorique
                      s'avère de plus en plus difficilement défendable. Comme
                      l'universitaire le souligne, seul le président russe soutient que
                      "dans les relations internationales, on ne peut pas avoir une règle
                      pour certains cas et une autre pour d'autres". Dmitri Medvedev invoque
                      donc l'affrontement de son armée avec celle de la Géorgie en août 2008
                      pour justifier sa reconnaissance de l'Abkhazie et de l'Ossétie du Sud.
                      Cet épisode, le président russe Dmitri Medvedev l'a rappelé cet été à
                      son homologue azerbaïdjanais, lors d'une récente rencontre bilatérale.
                      Une sorte d'avertissement à Ilham Aliev qui a multiplié le budget de
                      son armée par vingt en six ans. Un budget qui dépasserait à présent le
                      budget total de l'Arménie. Or la stabilité dans la région reste
                      fragile. Elle repose sur un simple cessez-le-feu signé en 1994 et
                      violé chaque semaine depuis quelques mois. L'an dernier, 25 soldats
                      Karabaghtsis ont été tués aux frontières selon les sources
                      officielles. Le retour de la guerre en 2012 est bien l'une des
                      hypothèses désormais avancées par les analystes. Mais personne n'y a
                      intérêt. De même que personne n'a vraiment intérêt à trancher
                      directement en faveur de l'un ou de l'autre.

Les équilibres géostratégiques de l'Occident et de la Russie sont en
                      jeu. Pas question de se fcher avec l'importante diaspora arménienne
                      qui s'est établie dans ces pays. Pas question non plus de faire main
                      basse sur les flux pétrolifères, gaziers ni sur les accords en matière
                      de coalition, fixés avec Bakou. Aussi, les négociations tripartites
                      que la Russie mène désormais, en parallèle du groupe de Minsk, sont
                      bien acceptées par les pays Occidentaux. Par ailleurs, la Russie s'est
                      réengagée militairement en Arménie pour encore 49 ans. Et le Congrès
                      américain continue de verser indirectement chaque année entre 3 et 6
                      millions de dollars d'aide humanitaire au Haut-Karabagh.

Autant d'éléments qui pourraient, à terme, avantager le pays. Après
                      tout, et contrairement à d'autres territoires non reconnus comme la
                      Palestine, le statut quo en lui-même n'a pas empêché l'Etat du
                      Haut-Karabagh de fonctionner. Aujourd'hui les citoyens circulent grce
                      à leur passeport arménien. Ils peuvent travailler, bien que
                      l'inactivité soit encore importante. Et les jeunes peuvent aller à
                      l'Université. Au fond, l'appui de la communauté internationale en
                      faveur de la paix dans la région et la possibilité pour l'Etat
                      d'exister de facto depuis vingt ans ont autant de valeur qu'une
                      reconnaissance officielle. Dans ces régions épineuses, une équation
                      politique même tacite vaut mieux qu'une règle de droit international
                      impérieuse et génératrice de frustrations. A défaut de compromis, le
                      pays pourrait encore vivre ainsi vingt ou trente ans. Toujours pas en
                      paix, ni vraiment en guerre. Mais le peuple à l'abri. A moins qu'une
                      nouvelle attaque ne soit venue rompre les équilibres ou que la balance
                      des intérêts géopolitiques ait fini par pencher d'un côté, ou de
                      l'autre.

TRIBUNE. Enjeu d'un conflit entre l'Arménie et l'Azerbaïdjan, le Haut-Karabakh, une province majoritairement arménienne rattachée à l'Azerbaïdjan, lutte pour son indépendance depuis 1991
                      Last edited by Vrej1915; 10-09-2011, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X