Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
    I am coming to the conclusion that you do not have more than two brain cells.

Read my post specially the line you quoted.

The reason why there was not war was the defense line. Remove and you create an opportunity.
    You are very wrong. The Azeris were ready to attack us and start another war when Georgia started its offencive and only held back after they witnessed Russia's reaction. This means the Azeri side believes that it has the advantage despite kharabaghs defencive lines and is ready to prove it. The defencive line will always be there it will just be relocated. We are very lucky that Georgia attacked first otherwise we would be at war now with the azeris and who knows how it would end.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      You are very wrong. The Azeris were ready to attack us and start another war when Georgia started its offencive and only held back after they witnessed Russia's reaction. This means the Azeri side believes that it has the advantage despite kharabaghs defencive lines and is ready to prove it. The defencive line will always be there it will just be relocated. We are very lucky that Georgia attacked first otherwise we would be at war now with the azeris and who knows how it would end.
      You have selective amnesia.

The Azeris were going to attack Armenia proper and not Kharabagh because the defences there are almost impenetrable.

They thought at the time that Armenian border is a softer target.
      Now you are suggesting to increase the soft areas (borders) as attack candidates for the future.
      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

You have selective amnesia.

The Azeris were going to attack Armenia proper and not Kharabagh because the defences there are almost impenetrable.

They thought at the time that Armenian border is a softer target.
        Now you are suggesting to increase the soft areas (borders) as attack candidates for the future.
        No i am suggesting that there is a way to avoid war altogather. It is no consolation that they were gona attack Armenia proper, it still means there would be a war despite the present defencive lines and the Azeris believe they have the advantage in such a war.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

No i am suggesting that there is a way to avoid war altogather.
          So naive.
          Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

So naive.

Hmm. So you lost your argument then decided to just insult me. Thats very original of you.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

No i am suggesting that there is a way to avoid war altogather. It is no consolation that they were gona attack Armenia proper, it still means there would be a war despite the present defencive lines and the Azeris believe they have the advantage in such a war.
              They don't have the balls to move against Armenia proper or else there whole country is going to be invaded. Do you think the Russian would like to see there investments being blown up to pieces? If give no an inch they will ask a yard tomorrow and the day after tomorrow they will ask everything we got.

Comment

Iondontsi was saying that they were gona attack Armenia proper but yeh i agree i dought Russia would allow it they would then be obliged actually to act because of our defencive treaties. Let them ask all they want, just because they ask don't mean anything.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Hmm. So you lost your argument then decided to just insult me. Thats very original of you.
                  I have not lost the argument, you simply cannot see beyond the end of your nose.

I am thinking of Armenia's future and security, to avoid being another Cyprus,
                  Not to be a victim of the slogan one nation two countries ( and Armenia in our way).
                  Have you heard of pan turanism? Do you think it is something that will simply disappear?

Incidentally I am not against opening the border but any political condition or any commercial arrangement that will undermine its security or its historic rights.
                  Last edited by londontsi; 10-01-2009, 12:20 PM.

Comment

I have not lost the argument, you simply cannot see beyond the end of your nose.

I am thinking of Armenia's future and security, to avoid being another Cyprus,
                    Not to be a victim of the slogan one nation two countries ( and Armenia in our way).
                    Have you heard of pan turanism? Do you think it is something that will simply disappear?

Incidentally I am not against opening the border but any political condition or any commercial arrangement that will undermine its security or its historic rights.
                    Man your argument got crushed and you still dont see it? You don't see that the fact they were going to attack despite the defences in kharabagh? The defencive line is not unbreakable but even if it was they believe they found a way around it anyways and the only reason they didnt attack is because of russias reaction vs georgia. Sure no preconditions would be better and sure i would love to see our lands returned, lost properties compensated for, the dead respected and commemorated but we live in reality not in my or your imagination. Those deals are not on the table for us to sighn and never will be thus we need to work with what we can get.
                    If you have a argument then present it but dont go around insulting me, i never insulted you and nothing i said deserved a insult from you.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

this is an interesting idea, its an old article but still

Olympic Games 2016 To Azerbaijan, Nagorno Karabakh To Armenia

Follow us on Twitter
                      Armenia and Azerbaijan are in long dispute over the Armenian enclave of Nagorno Karabakh. However, international community, Armenians and mediators' helping Azerbaijan to host 2016 Olympic Games could help to resolve the conflict quicker, through peaceful means. Azerbaijan is better off with Olympic Games, the money, attention and tourism that it brings than with Nagorno Karabakh, which is going to be like an investment sink.

Therefore; the plan should be Azerbaijan gets 2016 Olympic Games, Armenia gets Nagorno Karabakh, The world gets PEACE. This is a great deal.

Azerbaijan is likely to bid for holding the summer Olympic Games 2016 in Azerbaijan. The members of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation approve Azerbaijan’s intention except for Armenia. Azerbaijan’s likelihood may actually mean two things. First, Azerbaijan will not bring into being its threat to use force to return Karabakh until 2016 because in that case our neighbor, as well as we, but also our neighbor would be busy with planning military actions or planning reconstruction of the economy in 2016.

On the other hand, if Azerbaijan makes an Olympic bid for 2016, it perhaps thinks that the peace agreement on the settlement of the Karabakh issue will be signed by 2016 to set down de facto peace in the region in an agreement, without which it is pointless to expect that the members of the IOC will vote for holding the Olympic Games in Azerbaijan.

There is still a lot of time till 2016, and perhaps the prospect of signing an agreement is quite realistic. In addition, the Olympic Games may favor that, and also Armenia, strange though it may seem. What is the problem? Azerbaijan, which expects to host the summer Olympic Games, may even soften its stance on the Karabakh issue to sign a peace agreement and get a chance to organize the Olympic Games. After all, it is real money, and as long as the oil factor is “on horse”, Azerbaijan would like to make use of it. Ilham Aliyev will certainly compare the billions of dollars of the Olympic Games and the bugbear of Karabakh, and will certainly try to persuade his people that Azerbaijan can do without Karabakh but not without the Olympic Games. Meanwhile, it will be easy to persuade because the Olympic Games, like Sochi showed, is “opium of the people”. The expectations may infect the public with enthusiasm so that it will not want to hear anything about the problem of Karabakh but will gladly vote for prosecution of mentioning Karabakh because it hinders the economic development of the country.

In this sense, it is not clear why late last year the Armenian parliament voted against Azerbaijan’s initiative which was approved by the parliamentarians of the countries of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation in Georgia. It seemed that not everyone should have been for and Armenia against but the contrary because everyone may envy Azerbaijan, while we have no reason to envy since we took everything in 1992-1994. However, the thoughts of the Armenian parliamentarians are inexplicable, perhaps more than God’s ways. It is also evident that it is the approach of the Armenian government because the parliamentarians must have phoned Yerevan from Georgia, either to the speaker of the National Assembly who must have phoned the president, or directly the leader of the majority party to ask what to do if they have to spell out a stance on holding the Olympic Games in Azerbaijan. Perhaps there is no need to guess the answer because the Armenians parliamentarians who voted against holding the Olympic Games in Azerbaijan would hardly dare to oppose to the government of Armenia. Meanwhile, not only Armenia should have agreed but also could lend a hand to Azerbaijan.

For instance, the Armenian government could reach agreement with Aliyev: if he uses all his potential to lobby the independence of Karabakh in Azerbaijan and in the world, Armenia will use its potential to lobby Azerbaijan’s intention to host the Olympic Games.

No doubt, both Armenia and Azerbaijan will consider this option as absurd, if not high treason. Perhaps, however, this way of thinking is the reason why the two countries have achievements in “high treason” rather than state building. However, we should not forget about the co-chairs who may do something with their new shuttle. They ran out of imagination at some point, to the degree that they announced about it. However, it is not fatal. Simply it is everyone’s duty who wants to have the Karabakh conflict resolved and the state of Karabakh recognized, to help the co-chairs regain their imagination through new proposals and components.

HAKOB BADALYAN - Lragir.am

Comment

Working...
                      X