Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenia and the information war

Three Armenian soldiers who passed voluntarily to Azerbaijani territory want to head to a third country
    06 March 2009 [12:05] - Today.Az

Three Armenian soldiers who passed voluntarily to Azerbaijani territory on February 28 refuse to return home.

Three Armenian servicemen Grant Markosyan, Rafik Tevosyan and Vardan Sargsyan who voluntarily passed to Azerbaijani territory on February 28 gave an exclusive interview to ANS TV. The servicemen who are all Armenian citizens crossed the contactline between Armenian and Azerbaijani troops in the territory of Aghdam region, Azerbaijan. They said the reason why they decided to pass to Azerbaijani side was due to injustice they faced in the Armenian army and their ailing health condition. Complaining of fractures in his spine, Grant Markosyan said his complaints were neglected while he was in the army. “I was complaining for last four months. I told dozens of times that I had a fracture on my spine and that it was severely aching. However, they neglected my complaints. They used to beat us frequently. They neither care, nor treat us. Therefore, I decided I could no longer serve under that condition. I informed the commander of the military unit where I was serving. Only after that they sent us to hospital."

The other captive Rafik Tevosyan said that a great deal of bribe is demanded from Armenians who do not wanrt to serve in Daqliq Qarabaq. Genarally, “dedovshina” is very strong in Daqliq Qarabaq Army.

“”Dedovshina” is reigning in the army. When we receive money officers take it from us. Elder soldiers beat us and make us to perform their tasks. I told my commander that I had problems with my kidney. But my words were not received seriously. My health state became worse and they had to take me to hospital. But I could not receive any treatment there. Chief of the hospital almost turned me out of the hospital”.

The health of Vardan Sargsyan, holding the same surname with the President of Armenia is in more serious in comparison with the other captives. He should have been released from military service due to his internal diseases. But a great deal of money was demanded from him. “I was demanded USD 15 000. But we had not so much money. When I addressed to my company commander with this regard he made a game of me as he did with others. He did not pay attention to me. Therefore my disease became worse. Then I addressed the battalion commander and was hospitalized after many difficulties. But I could not receive any treatment in the hospital”, he said.

After long humiliations and difficulties the soldiers decided to pass to Azerbaijani side and they do not want to return to Armenia any more. “We decided to run away and to come to Azerbaijan. We knew everything is OK in Azerbaijan. Therefore we want to pass to the third countries. Because there is no life for us in Armenia. Life is impossible in Armenia”, Armenian captive Grant Markosyan said.

Paruyr Simonyan who took refuge in Azerbaijan 10 months ago underlining his counterparts made a right decision considers the number of soldiers running away from Armenian army will be more. “I think these persons have taken a courageous step. Because serving in Armenian army is impossible. I have told the reason of that. These persons suffered the same tortures as I had. Coming to Azerbaijan they made a very optimistic decision. These persons did not want to serve and ran away from the army. As far as I know, this person had problems with his kidney. And they knowing this send him to serve in the army”, he added.

Remind that, Azerbaijani government is holding talks with regard to sending Paruyr Simonyan to the third countries.

URL: http://www.today.az/news/politics/50935.html
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

More info on the incident not covered in this article is that Atayov was very surprised at the presence of so many Armenians. His face was red many times and he had to cut his speech short, not even covering the power point presentation that he had made. Plenty of insults and shouting between the Armenian and Turkish students. Also, during the question period, Atayov wrote a question on a paper and handed it to a Turkish student so that the student can ask the question... And that student had lots of difficulty pronouncing the word "Dashnaktsutyun"

----------------------------------------------------------
      Armenian students: There is no room in Canada for a genocide denier

06.03.2009 01:58 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Turkish university professor and prominent Armenian Genocide denier Turkkaya Atayov spoke to a packed, yet ideologically divided audience in McGill University in Quebec, Canada.

A large number of Armenian students attended the contentious lecture in protest, and questioned the McGill's decision to allow a genocide denier to speak on campus under the auspices of freedom of speech. Once question period opened up, the forum deteriorated into a shouting
      match between the Turkish and Armenian students in attendance, The McGill Tribune reports.

Atayov rarely addressed the Armenian Genocide directly in the lecture, instead choosing to talk about the need to question mainstream accounts of history and the notion that an unfair standard of blame has been placed upon the Turkish people.

As it is mentioned in the Article, “Atayov claimed that "Armenian arguments" omit many facts, and made reference to the "slaughter" of Turkish people by Armenians in the past. He largely sidestepped the issue of genocide, however, instead asking those in attendance to read the books and essays he has published on the subject in the past in order to understand his argument that Armenian deaths in the early 20th century should not be classified as genocide.”

Before the lecture started, and at various points throughout it, a group of about 10 students held up signs that said "There is no room in Canada for a genocide denier" and "Denial is the last step of genocide."

According to Mardig Taslakian, vice president external of the Armenian Students' Association, the ASA will file an equity complaint against the Turkish Students' Society of McGill University later this week. Equity complaints are reviewed by the Students' Society and could result in sanctions against the TSSMU.

"What would the university's reaction be if Neo-Nazis invited someone to come and preach that the Holocaust didn't happen?" Taslakian said. "The Armenian genocide, like the Holocaust, is a well-proven, indisputable fact. ... The Armenian community feels offended that a renowned institution like McGill would allow to say such hateful things."

"There should be discussion of how to deal with the results of the genocide, and not whether or not it happened," Taslakian said. "But [Atayov] blamed the mass deaths of Armenians on a pandemic, among other things, not on the genocide."

The Armenian Genocide is officially recognized by many organizations, including the Human Rights Council of the United Nations, the International Association of Genocide Scholars, and over 20 countries, including Canada.

Comment

Son of a xxxxx Thomas GYOT.
        -----------------------------------------------
        ANCC: American professor made racist and derogatory remarks about Armenians

10.03.2009 00:11 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ At a lecture sponsored by the Assembly of Azerbaijani-Canadian Organizations, with "kind assistance from the Azerbaijani Embassy in Ottawa", American journalist and professor of political science Thomas Goltz made racist and derogatory remarks about Armenians in Ottawa last week. Goltz' remarks were in response a question from the audience on how to convince Armenians of Nagorno-Karabagh to stay within the "current boundaries of Azerbaijan." Goltz, who teaches at the Montana State University, replied: "By building a forward-looking democracy you will be able to let the garlic-growing Armenians beg to join you (Azerbaijan)."

Goltz was in Ottawa as a speaker, invited by the Azeri embassy and the Assembly of Azerbaijani-Canadian Organizations, to talk about the events of February 26, 1992 in the town of Khojaly in Nagorno-Karabagh. Goltz delivered his speech "Khojaly Massacre: Crime and No Punishment", at the National Archives of Canada. Some 60 people (mostly Azeris and Turks) attended. Next day Goltz delivered a variation of the same lecture at the National Press Club's Newsmaker Breakfast series, hosted by the Azeri embassy. About 20 people attended that gathering.

Goltz accused Armenians of perpetrating "ethnic cleansing" in Khojaly and said the Armenia argument that the Khojaly operation was a necessary pre-emptive and defensive measure to relieve Nagorno-Karabagh's capital Stepanakerd from relentless shelling from Khojaly was "nonsense".

The most dramatic moment of the lectures occurred when Aris Babikian from the Armenian National Committee of Canada (ANCC) successfully refuted two controversial statements by Goltz.

At the Newsmaker Breakfast lecture, Aris Babikian, executive director of the ANCC, confronted Goltz and mocked him for his "command performance of misrepresentation and revisionism." Babikian exposed Goltz' hypocrisy by pointing out that the American journalist had "conveniently forgotten to mention the Sumgait, Baku and Maragh massacres of Armenians by Azeris... and that had it not been for the Russian Navy 230,000 Armenian inhabitants of Baku would have not survived."

Regarding the Khojaly killings, Babikian said: "Armenians did not claim that Azeris had perpetrated the massacres of their own people. It was the Azeri president, Ayaz Mutalibov, who made such a statement in an April 2, 2004 interview published in Nezavisimaya Gazeta. In the interview with Czech journalist Yana Mazalova, Mutalibov said that his opposition, the National Front of Azerbaijan, were behind the killings to undermine his authority and to topple him.

In further questioning, Babikian asked Goltz to explain why the bodies of Azeri victims were found 11 km from Khojaly and 2 km from the most heavily fortified Azeri military town of Aghdam. "Is it logical for Armenians to follow Azeri 11 km, risking their own lives to eliminate the enemy around Aghdam, instead of killing them in Khojaly?" Babikian asked.

Babikian challenged Goltz to explain why so "many Azeri journalists who had questioned Azeri government's version of Khojaly events were jailed or killed. Babikian cited the case of jailed Azeri journalist Eynulla Fatullayev whose jailing was investigated by the European Court for Human Rights.

Babikian asked Goltz to be honest and impartial when employing quotes and to do so "without misrepresentation and misquotation so that they can fit and augment his narrative of the events."

The ANCC executive said that he found it strange that Goltz praised his "old friend" the late "great" Aliyev as an "extraordinary guy" when everyone in Azerbaijan knows that he was a despot and a man who stifled democracy while his son, the current president, follows in his father's infamous steps. Babikian said it was obvious that for Goltz "the lure of the petro-dollar is much stronger than the lure of truth and impartiality."

Goltz did not answer any of Babikian's questions and skirted around them.

Dr. Girair Basmadjian, president of ANCC, said: "We condemn such racist and hate-disseminating lectures spewed by the mouthpiece of a foreign government on Canadian podiums. It is unfortunate that some Canadian Parliamentarians, Senators, and journalists had to hear such vile statements without even raising an objection or questioning the organizers and the speaker about the validity of their words and action."

The ANCC leader added that "The Canadian government and police should investigate the grave and far-reaching consequences of such hateful speeches. We also would like to ask Canadian Parliamentarians to disassociate themselves from this lecture and the anxiety it has caused
        to the Canadian-Armenian community," ANCC reports.

Comment

Azerbaijan leaves Armenia and Georgia behind for number of Internet users

11 March 2009 [11:46] - Today.Az
          Azerbaijan accounts for about 1.5 mln Internet users, according to Internet World Stats.

Notably, internet penetration in Azerbaijan makes 18.3%. In 2000 in Azerbaijan the number of Internet users made just 12,000 people. Thus, from 2000 until 2008 the number of Internet users in our country grew 12.400.0%.

Azerbaijan leaves its neighbors-Georgia and Armenia-behind by the number of internet users.

Armenia accounts for 172,800 Internet users and penetration is 5.8%. In Georgia the number of people, who use Internet, makes 360,000 and penetration is 7.8%.

/Day.Az/

URL: http://www.today.az/news/society/50988.html

Comment

Azeri Propaganda Backfires at European Parliament

Published: Wednesday March 11, 2009

BRUSSESLS--A planned “commemoration of the Khojaly events,” which for Azerbaijan has become a top priority in its ongoing misinformation campaign backfired Tuesday when a Member of the European Parliament distances herself from the event.

European Member of Parliament Gisela Kallenbach (Greens, Germany), who initially had sponsored the exhibition of the “Aliyev Foundation” surprised the participants, especially the Azeris that were there only “because it was too late to cancel the exhibition,” after being alerted by the European Armenian Federation and other voices of European public opinion.

In her welcoming remarks, Gisela Kallenbach did not hesitate to say that she regretted that the exhibition did not include pictures of the anti-Armenian pogroms in the Azeri city of Sumgait in 1988, before taking one minute of silence in memory of the victims of all the conflicts of the South Caucasus. She criticized implicitly the Azeri attempt of misinformation and stated that she learned that this exhibition “could be used in order to destroy the promising and recent process of reconciliation between Armenia and Azerbaijan” and “that was absolutely not” her intention.

According to various sources, Kallenbach had been deceived by officers of her political group directly financed by the Aliyev Foundation and left the event.

“We congratulate Mrs. Kallenbach for her courage and bravery” declared Hilda Tchoboian, the chairperson of the European Armenian Federation; “it is clear that the Khojaly commemorations organized everywhere in Europe and in the United States are part of the political war rhetoric being used by Azeri leaders who aim to prevent the resolution of the conflict by historical revisionism, while masking their own crimes.”

Within the framework of a worldwide campaign of disinformation, the Baku regime is aiming to force the international community to characterize what occurred in Khojaly in 1992 as war crimes -- even “genocide.” These events -- presented as such using photos taken in Kosovo at the time--and not Khojaly--were never clarified but several sources-- in particular Azeri ones'shave attested that this was a campaign spearheaded by the Aliyev clan against the former regime of Ayaz Mutalibov to discredit his leadership and seize power in Azerbaijan at the time.

The massacres and pogroms of Armenians in Sumgait, Baku and Kirovabad, recalled by Kallenbach, were on the other hand, committed directly as Azerbaijan's response to the peaceful process by which the Armenian population of Karabakh had requested their unification to Armenia, in accordance with the Soviet constitution, which was in force at that time. These pogroms sparked the Karabakh war.

At the time, the European Parliament strongly criticized the actions of Azerbaijan toward its Armenian population, highlighting “the blockade and the aggression of Azerbaijan,” “the 300,000 Armenian refugees who fled the pogroms,” the murders of Armenians perpetrated “in horrific circumstances,” “the economic blockade of Armenia,” “the unprecedented attack against the Armenians of Karabakh” and their “right to self-determination.”

The aforementioned European Parliament resolutions are available at www.eafjd.eu

“Taking into consideration the serious incriminations that the European Parliament and the International community charged against Azerbaijan, for the first time, the Azeri propaganda machine failed in its efforts to use the European Assembly as a springboard to spread its falsified interpretation of the history,” added Tchoboian.

“The abusive exploitation by Azerbaijan of the Karabakh conflict to justify it war rhetoric and racist language of his leaders toward Armenia and the Armenians, will have to be condemned by the European Union which has a real interest with the establishment of lasting peace in the area,” continued Tchoboian.

The European Armenian Federation recalls that for several years, the Azeri regime has tried repeatedly to discredit the OSCE Minsk Group. Despite these attempts, the European Parliament constantly affirmed its confidence in the Minsk Group which takes into account the right to self-determination of the people Karabakh in compliance with international legal principles.

Comment

This one takes the cake, especially the final sentence of the alleged interview.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Armenian soldier: "I call on all Armenian soldiers to flee the country"

12 March 2009 [11:01] - Today.Az
              Armenian soldier Paruyr Stepanyan who fled Armenia last year in protest of widespread violence and tyranny in the Armenian Army has gained 24 kg weight, according to ANS Press.

Armenian soldier Paruyr Stepanyan who fled his country in 2008 in protest against widespread violence and tyranny in the Armenian Army has been handed to the third country in accordance with his own will. He said in his interview with ANS TV shortly before his departure that he spent a very pleasant year in Azerbaijan stressing that he did not even feel how the days passed. “I didn’t quite feel I was an imprisoner thanks to the people dealing with me. They developed a special program for me. I was watching TV and even walking out. I was also provided with plenty of food," Armenian soldier said.

Stepanyan who was only 48-kg in weight now added up to 24 kilos. He now weighs 72 kg. He also sent a message to a newly conscripted Armenian soldiers. “I call on them to pass to the Azerbaijani territory. I already know how hospitable Azerbaijani people are. They will get here everything they want to. I’m absolutely sure of that,” Stepanyan noted.

"I call on them to flee Armenia. Because they will forcibly be taken to the army and Daqliq Qarabaq. People don’t want to fight. I lived in Armenia myself. I know what is happening in the country. People don’t think about war. All Qarabaq Armenians have gathered in Yerevan. They kill the local Armenians. Because, the leaders of the country are also Qarabaqi Armenians. People perfectly understand that they can’t live in such a country”, he said.

Stepanyan says Armenians should make a decision about their future and should throw their weapons off and return the occupied territories to their true owners. He believes Armenia might develop only after taking that step. He preferred to keep it secret to which country he was going to. “I regret I can`t answer your question. It is connected with my security. You know that there is a terrorist organization called “ASALA”. Therefore I’m concerned about my safety." Stepanyan said.

/Day.Az/

URL: http://www.today.az/news/politics/51013.html

Comment

Azerbaijan paid U.S. lobbyists over half a million dollars
                17.03.2009 15:50 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ The U.S. Ministry of Justice published a report on the activity of lobbyist companies, presenting interests of foreign states, organizations, and private citizens of the USA. In the first half-year of 2008 the structures of Russia, the Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Estonia, and Nagorno-Karabakh made use of the services of the lobbyists.

According to the report, Chlopak, Leonard, Schechter and Associates received from the Azerbaijani MFA 39.1 thousand dollars for working out and disseminating information.

“JWI received from the International Bank of Azerbaijan about 108.1 thousand dollars for the operations on lobbying the legislation in the interests of the pledge. The same company received 26 thousand dollars from the Azerbaijani President for similar operations in working out the strategy on the relations with the press.”

The Livingston Group company received 347.9 thousand dollars for organizing political consultations with the members of the US Congress, from the Azerbaijan MFA through the Embassy of Azerbaijan in the USA, and also for carrying out various actions on the subject of building American- Azerbaijan relations, freedom of speech in Azerbaijan, and assistance in organizing visits of Azerbaijani MFA representatives in the USA. The Melwood Communications company received from the Embassy of Azerbaijan an unspecified sum for carrying out media- strategy in the interests of the Republic of Azerbaijan. The Azerbaijan General Consulate transferred about 8.9 thousand dollars to Sitrick and Company for the assistance rendered in building contacts with the media of the city of Los Angeles, as stated in the report of the U.S. Ministry of Justice.

As is stated in the same report, the Government of Nagorno-Karabakh transferred 103.5 thousand dollars to the organization Office of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic in the USA for building contacts with the power lobby of Washington, with the public relations and the media, the dissemination of information regarding the issue of building up a peace process. Besides, William Spenser, a PR specialist working in the interests of Nagorno-Karabakh received an unspecified sum from the standing representative of Nagorno-Karabakh Republic in the USA, Vardan Barseghyan, as is stated in Washington ProFile.

Comment

In falsifying history, Georgians and Caucasian Tatars are unrivalled
                  The Georgian propagandistic machine, which, for the most part, is directed against Russia, has decided lately to join Baku in her vicious business of transcribing the history of Armenia and the Region.
                  17.03.2009 GMT+04:00

Georgia has chosen to join efforts with Azerbaijan in «fighting» against Armenia. This is what first comes to your mind when reading Georgian historians' works, in which they describe the Armenians as an alien nation that conquered the whole Caucasus and is still staying true to her policy of «misappropriating others' history». And it's simply interesting why that «predatory policy» resulted in those petty 29 km2 that Armenia is left with now. In all probability, they seized badly.
                  /PanARMENIAN.Net/ The Georgian propagandistic machine, which, for the most part, is directed against Russia, has decided lately to join Baku in her vicious business of transcribing the history of Armenia and the Region. Freshly a book was published in Tbilisi under the very “interesting” title “The Armenian-Speaking Population of Georgia, Dark Sides and Problems of Revival of the United Georgian Statehood”. The book was published by the National Academy of Sciences of Georgia. But for the date-line of the book, one could assume the «scientific work» was printed in Baku. By the way, Baku strenuously quotes the book, evidently believing that if the Azeri propaganda can be accused of biliousness by many, the Georgian – cannot.

In order not to sound unsubstantiated, let us give a pair of citations. Citation One: “The world history knows no analogue of hostility towards the neighbouring country and no analogue of falsification of the whole historical past, like some Armenian «scientists» do, among them M. Manukyan, M. Stepanyan, S. Ayvazyan, A. Mihranyan, and others.” The Georgians are right - in falsifying history, Georgians and Caucasian Tatars have no equal. Armenians have always been a thorn in the flesh and a bone in the throat.

Citation Two: “Some people give a different interpretation and assessment to the impartial assistance rendered to the Armenian nation at the time when it faced difficulties, to its settlement, and its further habitation and activity on the Georgian land, particularly in Tbilisi. For centuries Tbilisi has sheltered so many Armenians that in a definite period their number even exceeded that of the Georgians. It doesn’t mean anything, however. The exceeding number of Armenians in Georgia «gives a chance» to mihranyans to declare that they «have built the capital of Georgia». Under such circumstances, it would be quite interesting to listen to mihranyans, manukyans and ayvazyans’ explanations on the fact that in the 19th century Azeris formed majority of Yerevan’s population. Thus, in 1832 the population of Yerevan was 11463 people, 7331 of whom where Azeris and only 4132 were Armenians, or 36%. According to the family registers of 1886, there were more Azeris than Armenians living in Yerevan at that time.” From behind this citation we can easily see the ears of Baku. Though… on the other hand, Tbilisi has long, for about 300 years, been fastening her faults on the neighbours, following the principle: “Everybody is guilty, we are good.”

And, finally, the last citation: “As it is known, in the XII c. and in the first quarter of the XIII c. Georgia united a considerable part of historical Armenia, the City of Yerevan in particular, which even in the XIV c. was considered to be a Georgian city by the Armenians themselves. For example, in an Armenian manuscript recopied in the Crimea in 1336 the copyist twice mentions: “….arrived from Georgia, from the wonderful City of Yerevan, neighbouring Echmiadzin.”

All this reminds of the «undying» works of Azeri historians and, to tell the truth, you get the impression that the book is written in Baku, and not in Tbilisi, which, by the way, is quite possible, taking into consideration the «long-standing brotherly relations between the ancient Azeri and Georgian nations».

The appearance of this book, especially after Mikhail Saakashvili’s latest statements on the «crash of Armenia», is quite symptomatic and even justified. Here, one simply wants to remind Saakashvili’s words uttered in Yerevan three years ago, when he assured everyone that President of Armenia Robert Kocharyan is an example for him and that he has much to learn from him concerning management of state affairs. But the most interesting point is that in both cases the Georgian President is frank. He simply believes that any word voiced by him, even if they contradict each other, must be taken for the truth. And Armenia can do nothing but hope that sooner or later common sense will prevail in Tbilisi and Baku.

Karine Ter-Sahakyan

Comment

Հայտարարություն
                    Հաշվի առնելով վերջին ժամանակաշրջանում ադրբեջանական քարոզչամեքենայի կողմից հեղեղվող լայնածավալ ապատեղեկատվությունը ՀՀ ԶՈՒ զինծառայողների գերեվարման հանգամանքների և նրանց` հայրենիք վերադառնալու հնարավորությունից, իբր, հրաժարվելու առնչությամբ, ՀՀ պաշտպանության նախարարությունը հայտարարում է.
                    «Ըստ ձեռք բերված ստույգ տեղեկատվության` ՀՀ զինծառայողներն ադրբեջանական հատուկ ծառայությունների կողմից ենթարկվում են հատուկ հոգեբանական, բարոյական ճնշումների, ֆիզիկական կտտանքների և բռնության, ինչի հետևանքով ստիպված են հանդես գալ շինծու հայտարարություններով:

Ադրբեջանական պաշտոնական կառույցների նման մոտեցումը ռազմագերիներին, ինչպես նաև վերջիններիս` հարազատների և ծնողների հետ շփումից, նամակագրական կապից զրկելը հանդիսանում է միջազգային իրավունքի, մասնավորապես, Ժնևյան 3-րդ և 4-րդ կոնվենցիաների կոպիտ խախտում: Մինչդեռ հայկական կողմը մշտապես ապահովում է ադրբեջանցի ռազմագերիների` խոսքի, հարազատների հետ շփման, բժշկական օգնություն ստանալու և այլ իրավունքներից օգտվելու հնարավորություն:

Դրան ի հակառակ, ադրբեջանական կողմը մինչ օրս ԿԽՄԿ միջոցով չի ներկայացրել ՀՀ քաղաքացի, ռազմագերի Պարույր Սիմոնյանի վերաբերյալ որևէ հավաստի փաստաթուղթ և տեղեկատվություն: Ավելին, գերության մեջ գտնվող ՀՀ քաղաքացի Պ.Սիմոնյանին ադրբեջանական պաշտոնական կառույցների կողմից չի ընձեռվել իր իրավունքներից օգտվելու և ոչ մի հնարավորություն, ինչը վերոնշյալ կոնվենցիաների կոպիտ խախտում է:

Ադրբեջանական ռազմագերիները, ովքեր ՀՀ կողմից, միջազգային նորմերին համապատասխան, վերադարձվել են Ադրբեջան, մեր հավաստի տվյալներով, ենթարկվում են կտտանքների, ինչի վերաբերյալ փաստերն աղաղակող են. վերջիններիս հանդեպ, որպես կանոն, իրականացվում է քրեական հետապնդում` արդյունքում դատապարտելով նրանց երկարաժամկետ ազատազրկման:

ՀՀ պաշտպանության նախարարությունը ևս մեկ անգամ հավաստում է իր անվերապահ մոտեցումը միջազգային ընդունված նորմերին և միջազգային կառույցների ու հանրության, հատկապես ՄԱԿ-ի և Կարմիր Խաչի Միջազգային Կազմակերպության ուշադրությունն է հրավիրում Ադրբեջանի կողմից ռազմագերիներին որպես արտաքին և ներքին քարոզչության առարկա օգտագործելու հանգամանքին` պահանջելով վերջ տալ այդ անմարդկային և արդի ժամանակաշրջանին անհարիր պետական գործունեությանը:

Հիշեցնում ենք նաև, որ ՀՀ ԶՈւ բոլոր զինծառայողները, այդ թվում նաև ռազմագերիները, գտնվում են Հայաստանի Հանրապետության պաշտպանության ներքո, իսկ նրանց ազատությունն ապահովելու նպատակով հետագայում ևս ձեռնարկվելու են բոլոր հնարավոր միջոցները:

Պաշտպանության նախարարությունը` դատապարտելով հայ զինվորի գերեվարման ամեն մի դեպք, ենթարկել ու ենթարկելու է դրանք մանրակրկիտ ուսումնասիրման, քննության են առնվելու բոլոր հանգամանքները, արվելու են համապատասխան հետևություններ:

ՀՀ պաշտպանության նախարարությունը դիմում է Ադբեջանի հատուկ ծառայությունների խարդավանքներին և սադրանքներին զոհ դարձած ու գերեվարված հայորդիներին.

զինվորներ, լիովին հասկանում ենք, թե ինչ անմարդկային իրադրությունում եք գտնվում ներկայումս ադրբեջանական գերության մեջ: Քաջատեղյակ ենք նաև, թե ինչ ստոր քայլերի են ընդունակ ադրբեջանական հատուկ ծառայությունները:

Այո, դուք թույլ եք տվել զինվորական ծառայության կարգապահական նորմերի խախտում, ինչի արդյունքում մոլորվել և հայտնվել եք թշնամու ձեռքում: Բայց դուք Հայրենիքի զավակներն եք և վստահ եղեք, որ անգամ սխալի համար արժանավայել պատասխանատվություն կրելը հայ տղամարդուն և զինվորին բնորոշ հատկանիշ է: Ուստի, դուք կարող եք ձեր կյանքի փրկության համար թշնամու նկատմամբ իրագործել ցանկացած խորամանկություն, հնար և հարթել Հայրենիք վերադառնալու ճանապարհը: Հիշեք, որ Հայրենիքը, ինչպես նաև ձեր ծնողներն ու հարազատները միշտ սպասում են ձեր վերադարձին: Սա է հայրենյաց հողի կոչը ձեզ»:

mil.am

Comment

Armenian Defense Ministry: Baku violates rights of Armenian captives

20.03.2009 12:12 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Armenian soldiers in the Azeri captivity are being subjected to psychological pressure and violence.

The conduct demonstrated by the Azerbaijani authorities is a grave violation of the international law, colonel Seyran Shahsuvaryan, spokesman for the RA Defense Minster, told PanARMENIAN.Net.

“The Armenian side has always secured rights of the Azeri captives and never prevented communication with relatives,” he said. “The Armenian Defense Ministry brings to the notion of the international community and International Committee of the Red Cross that official Baku uses the captives as a tool of domestic and foreign policy.”

On the night of February 28, three soldiers of the NKR Defense Army crossed the Azeri border under unknown circumstances and were taken captives by the Azeri side.

--------------------------------------------------------
                      Play any trick to be back to Armenia

The RoA Defence Ministry today issued a statement which says in part: "Armenian soldiers undergo psychical and moral repression, violation and harassment by Azerbaijani special services who aim to extort false statements from Armenian captives.

Azerbaijani officials' treatment towards Armenian captives is a rough breach of international rights, namely a violation of Geneva Conventions.

Meanwhile, the Armenian side has always given Azerbaijani war prisoners a chance to contact their relatives, have medical assistance and exercise other rights.

Contrary to this, the Azeri side has not given any information, even through the Red Cross International Committee, about an Armenian military captive, Paruyr Simonyan. Moreover, P. Simonyan has been deprived of his rights, which is a rough breach of the aforesaid conventions.

According to our verified sources, Azerbaijani captives returned to Azerbaijan by Armenia in conformity with the international norms, are also subject to torture: as a rule, they are exposed to criminal prosecution and sentenced to long years of prison.

The Ministry of Defence reconfirms its devotion to the international norms and calls the attention of international community and structures, especially the UNO and RCIC, to the fact that Azerbaijan uses war prisoners for home and foreign propaganda, demanding to put an end to this inhumane state activity.

"We also remind that all Armenian servicemen, including captives, are under the auspices of the Ministry, and we shall take every effort free them."

In the statement the Ministry of Defence also turns to the Armenian captives in Azerbaijan: "Soldiers, we fully understand the inhumane and desperate situation you have appeared in Azerbaijan. We know that Azerbaijani special services are capable of taking cruel and mean steps.

Yes, you breached the disciplinary norms of the military service and, appeared in the enemy's territory. But you are the sons of your Motherland, and even bearing responsibility for your mistakes is a characteristic quality of an Armenian man and soldier. In order to save your life you can play any possible trick on the enemy and find your way to the Homeland.

Remember, that your Motherland is looking forward to your return.

This is the call of your Homeland," says the statement.

A1+ The most urgent and objective information from Armenia. News, videos, live streams/ online/. Politics, Social, Culture, Sports,interviews, everything in a website

Comment

Working...
                      X