Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Ashot jan, Tsitsernavank aside... the ancient Armenian city of Tigranakert is located in Agdam! We absolutely cannot give away the liberated territories. Those are Armenian!
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

It Didn’t Occur to Us that Armenia’s President Would Also Abandon Karabakh: Stepan Safaryan
      10:38 • 25.03.10

Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan’s proposal to return the security zone around the Republic of Nagorno-Karabakh (NKR) to Azerbaijan strongly goes against Heritage Party’s approach to the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, head of Heritage Party’s parliamentary faction Stepan Safaryan told Tert.am.

“Armenia’s proposal flatly opposes Heritage’s approach to the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, and we condemn it,” said Safaryan, citing Sargsyan’s comments in a recent interview with Syrian local daily Al Watan.

According to Safaryan, such a solution benefits neither the Republic of Armenia nor the Republic of Nagorno-Karabakh and it will not establish peace in the region.

“Moreover, mutual concessions should not be spoken about at a time when the other side is keeping its finger on the trigger.
      Azerbaijan should not be allowed to think that Armenia is afraid of its bellicose statements and based on that is raising the issue of a peace agreement that’s not worthy of merit,” Safaryan mentioned.

In his words, they had said in the past too that certain territories bordering NKR’s former autonomous province would be left unprotected.

“But it didn’t occur to us that Armenia’s president would also abandon Armenia and Karabakh in this issue,” concluded Safaryan.

Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan’s proposal to return the security zone around the Republic of Nagorno-Karabakh to...

Comment

Remarks by President Serzh Sargsyan in Deir ez Zor

Your Eminencies,

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am here today since I could not but be here. It is the greatest grief of my nation that has brought me here, the grief of the first genocide of the 20th century and the greatest disgrace of the civilized humanity. Up to this moment, in the 21st century, the stigma of that disgrace still remains on the foreheads of all those who have turned the denial of the evident facts into their policy, turned it into their bargaining chip and into their lifestyle and norm of behavior.

In the desert of Deir ez Zor the most monstrous acts of the tragedy had taken place, and it is neither possible to articulate the particulars of that tragedy in the language of human beings, nor am I going do that since these particulars are well-known even to those who publicly deny the veracity of the Genocide. Bereft of home and property, bereft of children and parents, bereft of health and the last hope, and finally bereft of the most important – their homeland, these people were doomed to lose the last thing they had – their life in accordance with the state orchestrated and meticulously developed plan of extermination.

Quite often historians and journalists soundly compare Deir ez Zor with Auschwitz saying that “Deir ez Zor is the Auschwitz of the Armenians”. I think that the chronology forces us to formulate the facts in a reverse way: “Auschwitz is the Deir ez Zor of the xxxs”. Only a generation later the humanity witnessed the Deir ez Zor of the xxxs. Today, as the President of the Republic of Armenia, the homeland of all Armenians, I am here to ask: “Where and when will be held our Nuremberg?”

I’m here to commemorate and to pray for the vast majority of my slaughtered nation that had suffered both physical and cultural extermination. I will elaborate neither on the quality, nor on the quantity of the loss. Let me recall a single fact: as a result of the Genocide the greatest share of the dialects of one of the most ancient Indo-European languages - the Armenian – had been irreversibly eradicated along with its speakers.

In spite of all that happened, we say that we are ready to establish normal diplomatic relations with the modern Turkey, we are ready to have open borders and economic relations, we are ready to make efforts towards building confidence between the peoples of Armenia and Turkey, we are ready to bring closer the two societies by breaking stereotypes and myths that have nothing to do with the reality and developed in decades of dearth of any sensible contacts.

We do this sincerely since we believe that there is no alternative to the living and development between the neighbors through implementation of what is proposed and still at the table, at least to start it up. The signing of the Armenian-Turkish protocols presented us with an historic opportunity that should have a logical destine.

We, however, do not accept the style of references to the Armenian-Turkish dialogue in attempts to avoid the recognition of the Genocide. I do not think it helps the process. Moreover, it is irrelevant to cite some Commission of Historians, since the Armenian-Turkish protocols provide for merely a governmental sub-commission on historic dimension. I assume everyone understands what it means and what the difference is. I ask all those who will have an occasion to elaborate or express themselves on the topic of the recognition of the Armenian Genocide: remember of this dessert, millions of ruined human fortunes and this ancient people deprived of their motherland and with pain in their hearts, before you make up your minds.

In 1915 the greatest Armenian poets of the 20th century - 35 years old Daniel Varuzhan and 37 years old Atom Yarjanian (Siamanto) had also been slaughtered. Before being tortured to death, they were undressed, because they wore European clothes. In those times and places European clothes were quite expensive. The executioners dressed up into the European clothes - stolen from the Armenian geniuses encompassing millennia old civilization, stolen from ordinary Armenians.

I would not interpret symbols signified in these images but I am unequivocally convinced: while preaching European apparel, manners or values no one has a right to cast these images in oblivion.

I am here to remind of the well-known words: “It is impossible to kill a nation that does not want to die”. We mean to live and to grow. It is no more possible to intimidate or blackmail us since we have seen the most horrible. We shall continue to live and create with double vigor for us and for our innocent victims. We look forward since we have a lot to say and to share with each other, a lot to say and to share with the world: the brightness and glow that Daniel Varuzhan and Atom Yarjanian had no chance to share.

And here, in Deir ez Zor, we firmly and loudly say over and over again that we are, shall exist and will flourish.

Comment

Great speech by Serj! We can add this to the speech he made last month in London.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

War Talks: Marshal Law keeps Nagorno Karabakh on constant stand-by

That there is a possibility of resuming the Karabakh war is talked more than usually lately and on different levels, while experts do not give an unambiguous assessment to the current developments.

On March 19, former Foreign Minister of Armenia Vardan Oskanian stated that: “The possibility of resumption of the Karabakh war has increased”.

Oskanian’s opinion is shared by other Armenian analysts.

Rumors about an impending war are circulating also in Nagorno Karabakh, however, life runs its normal course, unlike the claims periodically appearing in Armenian mass media that Karabakh is actively preparing for a war.

“Recently, I read in a newspaper that in Stepanakert, allegedly, basements are adjusted to bomb shelters, citizens liable for call-up are registered, and exit visas are not issued. Well, we have been under martial law since 1994, and we simply have to follow its requirements,” Karabakh army officer Samvel Alexanyan told ArmeniaNow.

At the same time, Stepanakert’s airport is reconstructed and enhanced. Experts say that the airport might be extremely important in case hostilities are resumed. After the reconstruction of the airport Stepanakert would be able to host not only military but also civil flights, and by the end of the year might be able to start running Yerevan-Stepanakert passenger flights.

Former Foreign Minister of Nagorno Karabakh Arman Melikyan thinks, however, that the chances of hostilities to resume in Karabakh “have always been high during all these past years”, and at this point “only local clashes are possible”.

While in Karabakh people try to ignore the speculations over possible start of hostilities, RA President Serzh Sargsyan, in his turn, is taking steps to eliminate the chances of words turning into actions.

Most probably Armenia is trying to bring down the Karabakh issue settlement to signing a treaty on non-use of arms which would, in fact, consolidate NKR’s current status-quo.

Settlement principles proposed by the Minsk Group of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) do not suit either this or that side: if in the beginning Azerbaijan refused the Madrid principles, now, after the amendments to that document, Armenia doesn’t give its consent.

Azerbaijan is trying to change the status-quo established in 1994 in the Karabakh conflict zone and considers the right to recovering its territorial integrity by military force as its only argument.

“I want to use this opportunity and appeal to Azerbaijan from a TV screen to sign a treaty on non-use of force. It could lay a foundation of trust both in Armenia and Karabakh”, stated President Sargsyan in his March 23 interview to Euronews TV channel.

In response, Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry representative Elhan Polukhov said: “If Armenia’s leader wants to eliminate the threat of use of force, let him assist eliminating the causes which may result in application of force. That is to say, let him withdraw Armenia’s armed forces from the occupied lands of Azerbaijan.”

While in Syria, President Sargsyan told Associated Press: “I am looking for solutions which would give Nagorno Karabakh’s population a chance for peaceful development living in their historic motherland, however militaristic statements are yet voiced in our region, hostility and mutual mistrust is deepened”.

“Based on that, recently I proposed to Azerbaijan to sign a treaty on non-use of force. By refusing our proposal, Azerbaijan is, in fact, ignoring the most important principle of international law. That cannot lead to anything good,” said the president, adding “In early 1990s there was a similar situation when we were talking about the need to peacefully solve the Karabakh issue, and Azerbaijan chose the way of aggression, hence, now we have what we have”, said the president.

Comment

I love to know Shushi is improving, Shushi has a special place in my heart
              ---------------------------------------------
              REVITALIZATION OF SHUSHI UNDER WAY

With its recently initiated reconstruction of the Garegin Nzhdeh and Alec Manoogian streets, Shushi's two main thoroughfares, the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund has begun to restore the city's economic and social infrastructures. The street-revitalization project is being realized through contributions made by the Russian-Armenian community during Telethon 2009.
              Following the construction of sewage, water-delivery, and drainage systems, the streets and sidewalks (about 950 meters) will be paved and furbish, and light posts will be installed throughout. The project will be completed with the installation of 1.5-meter-wide lawns separating the streets from the sidewalks.

"Prior to the launch of this project, the people of Shushi no longer believed that things would turn to the better in their city," said Grigori Avanesyan, director of the Shushi Administration's Urban Development and Architecture Department.

"These streets in particular had long fallen into disrepair," Avanesyan continued. "There is a great deal of bustle in this part of town. Residents frequently use the telephone station and the bank or visit the cultural center, whereas up till now the streets remained in a terrible state."

The Alec Manoogian Street is also home to the fire station and the much-visited, 1847-built Hovhannes Mkrtich Church, better known as the Green Church because of the color of its dome.

"This year our main goal is to implement a number of projects aimed at helping Shushi stand on its feet," said Ara Vardanyan, executive director of the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund. "I hope that our revitalization efforts will go a long way in strengthening Shushi residents' bond with their city, and not be limited to the Fund initiatives only."

Comment

Traitor! But what do we care? Turkish-Armenians are more Turkish than the Turks anyways...
                ------------------------------------------------
                No Need to Dig Up the Past: Bedros Şirinoğlu
                15:07 • 25.03.10

Bedros Şirinoğlu, an outstanting representative of the Armenian community in Istanbul and Board of Trustee President of Sourp Prkich Hospital (“St. Saviour”), said he belived that Armenia’s President Serzh Sargsyan and Turkey’s Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan would solve the disagreements between the two countries, reports Turkish agency Ihlas.

“I am an Armenian, but at the same time a citizen of the Republic of Turkey. Armenia is our neigbouring country, and, being an Armenian, I have a spiritual attachment [to it]. But it’s Turkey’s interests that are a priority for me. I belive that… Sargsyan and Erdoğan will be able to solve the problems that have come forward, and that the brotherhood and coexistence that existed one hundred years ago will be reinstated. There is no need to dig up the past. As the prime minister says, history should be left to historians,” said Şirinoğlu, who is expected to have a meeting with Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

Referring to Erdoğan’s recent notorious statement by which he threatened to deport illegal Armenians from Turkey “if necessary,” Şirinoğlu said there was no need to worry about this issue.

“I don’t belive that those words come from the heart of our prime minister. As a citizen of the Republic of Turkey, I don’t worry about it, as I trust our prime minister, I trust his heart,” said Şirinoğlu.
                Last edited by ashot24; 03-25-2010, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Istanbul Armenians beg Erdogan’s pardon?
                  12:10 / 03/25/2010

Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Holy Saviour (Surp Prgic) Armenian Hospital Foundation, one of Istanbul Armenian community leading members Bedros Sirinoglu made a statement on TRT channel air.

Before the March 26 meeting with Turkish Premier Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Sirinoglu stated that Erdogan is always attentive to Armenian community needs. He recalled that all seven times his requests for audience with Erdogan were complied.

Sirinoglu also clarified the number of Armenians voiced by Erdogan (100.000): “We had to tell Premier that there are 70.000 Armenians – citizens of Turkey and 30.000 Armenian citizens in the country, however the incorrect number was told him and he trusting us voiced that number, for which I beg his pardon. Meanwhile, I express gratitude to Turkish premier for his confidence and know that his words in London were not coming from heart.”

NEWS.am recalls that December 5, 2004 Turkish premier attended the opening ceremony of Bedros Sirinoglu's museum in Holy Saviour (Surp Prgic) Armenian Hospital and gave a speech, saying that anywhere in Turkey the expression “there is one good master-Armenian” is heard.

Comment

Book exposing Armenia's aggression presented in Azerbaijan
                    THURSDAY, 25 MARCH 2010 10:35
                    The book, "Victims of the genocide committed by Armenians - Baganis Ayrim," written by Ganira Pashayeva and Akif Ashirli was presented today.
                    The book tells the story of the genocide committed by the Armenian forces in the village of Baganis Ayrim in the Gazakh region March 23-24, 1990.

One of the authors, MP Ganira Pashayeva, said that the Baganis Ayrim village is where the Armenian troops attacked first.

"With the help of this book, we want to inform the world about the genocide committed in Baganis Ayrim because sometimes it seems that the Armenian armed forces had committed genocide only in Nagorno-Karabakh and the surrounding areas. But the Armenian armed forces occupied seven villages of the Gazakh region, by committing atrocities and acts of vandalism," Pashayeva said.

Pashayeva said that the photos in the book show the atrocities committed by Armenians.

She said that besides the Armenian army, ordinary citizens also participated in the tragedy committed in the village.

"The book also reflects the witnesses' testimony of the genocide in Baganis Ayrim, people whose families have been subjected to genocide," she said.

The MP said that the book will be translated into foreign languages.

A documentary depicting the events will also be shot.

Main consultant of the book is Azerbaijan's military prosecutor Khanlar Valiyev.

Comment

Originally posted by ashot24 View Post
                      Istanbul Armenians beg Erdogan’s pardon?
                      12:10 / 03/25/2010

Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Holy Saviour (Surp Prgic) Armenian Hospital Foundation, one of Istanbul Armenian community leading members Bedros Sirinoglu made a statement on TRT channel air.

Before the March 26 meeting with Turkish Premier Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Sirinoglu stated that Erdogan is always attentive to Armenian community needs. He recalled that all seven times his requests for audience with Erdogan were complied.

Sirinoglu also clarified the number of Armenians voiced by Erdogan (100.000): “We had to tell Premier that there are 70.000 Armenians – citizens of Turkey and 30.000 Armenian citizens in the country, however the incorrect number was told him and he trusting us voiced that number, for which I beg his pardon. Meanwhile, I express gratitude to Turkish premier for his confidence and know that his words in London were not coming from heart.”

NEWS.am recalls that December 5, 2004 Turkish premier attended the opening ceremony of Bedros Sirinoglu's museum in Holy Saviour (Surp Prgic) Armenian Hospital and gave a speech, saying that anywhere in Turkey the expression “there is one good master-Armenian” is heard.
                      Can you post some addtional Armenians speaches who beg Erdogan's pardon? Do you enjoy it?

Comment

Working...
                      X