Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0myH...B9D8337B075853

Regards to our military style. How about this...
    Every conscript is thought to dance Kochary and yarkhushta and implemented just before assignments or military events (combat training or real) under life music and with the same responsibility, uniformity and attention as any military drill. Besides raising morale it will teach team work, assist discipline, comaraderie and pride. Many armies try to implement something more besides regular standard drills and while lot of others have not much in deep folkloric, national military ( in blood) dances to aid them, we do. And I have read that historically war dances have been performed by our ancestors in millenia. There is a record that before Maragha battle Mkhitar's solders danced it.
    Some military experts could insist that dances like that are not serios and thing of the past and backwardness. But it is us and our genius of how can we implement something national and old that can be positive and aid as modern and helpfull.
    Instead of sitting in ocean's cold water with whole unit and telling that freezing together teaches team endurance and bonds the members together, like navy seals do, we tap into human soul and sense of national uniqueness to get bonding.
    My opinion, is this has true merit.
    I lived on Kodiak island, Alaska for 14 yrs. there is a navy seal base there, and I used to watch them train all the time. Right next to Kodiak island is a smaller island called "Near" island with a small straight of water between the two islands. The seals would train there regularly. Also as an avid mtn. bike rider I happened to stumble upon there "not so apparent" base. Many training things they do are not of apparent military value at first glance in a similar fashion as what you explained above.
    Having done much training and exercise in my several decades, I have found not all worthwhile endeavors are apparent .
    As Einstien once said: Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.
    Just a personal opinion but I think the seals would easily see the merit of the endeavor you described.
    Artashes

Comment

Armenia returns Telman Aliyev to Azerbaijan

November 30, 2012 | 14:13

YEREVAN.- Armenia retuned to Azerbaijan a civilian internee.

Telman Aliyev was transferred to Azerbaijani officials at the line of contact between the armed forces of Armenia and Azerbaijan, near Kaynavan settlement at 2:30 p.m. on Friday.

Azerbaijani citizen Telman Aliyev had crossed the Armenian-Azerbaijani border on November 12. In all likelihood, however, the forty-year-old Azerbaijani shepherd had gotten lost, while looking for his animals in the fog, and found himself in Armenian territory.

Talking to reporters, spokesperson for Armenia’s defense ministry Artsrun Hovhannisyan said Azerbaijan’s claims that Aliyev was deaf and dumb are untrue.

“It is difficult to explain what goals Azerbaijani side pursued making such assertions. He has certain problems but he is not completely deaf and dumb,” Hovhannisyan said.

Aliyev is married and has two children. According to some data, he is a close relative (a cousin) of the Azerbaijani parliament member.
      He was transferred to Azerbaijani officials at the line of contact...

Comment

Azerbaijani soldier held in captivity unwilling to return to his country

November 30, 2012 | 14:43

YEREVAN.- An Azerbaijani serviceman who crossed the border with Armenia in summer does not want to return to his country, spokesperson for Armenia’s defense ministry Artsrun Hovhannisyan said.

“Armenian side holds in captivity Firuz Faragov who served in the Azerbaijani armed forces for 4 months. He expressed willingness to be transferred to the third state,” Hovhannisyan said after the ceremony of handing over Azerbaijani civilian Telman Aliyev to his country.

Firuz Faragov crossed a state border with Armenia in the north-east direction of the line of contact on the night of July 26 and surrendered himself.

Comment

Every conscript is thought to dance Kochary and yarkhushta and implemented just before assignments or military events (combat training or real) under life music and with the same responsibility, uniformity and attention as any military drill. Besides raising morale it will teach team work, assist discipline, comaraderie and pride. Many armies try to implement something more besides regular standard drills and while lot of others have not much in deep folkloric, national military ( in blood) dances to aid them, we do. And I have read that historically war dances have been performed by our ancestors in millenia. There is a record that before Maragha battle Mkhitar's solders danced it.
          Some military experts could insist that dances like that are not serios and thing of the past and backwardness. But it is us and our genius of how can we implement something national and old that can be positive and aid as modern and helpfull.
          Instead of sitting in ocean's cold water with whole unit and telling that freezing together teaches team endurance and bonds the members together, like navy seals do, we tap into human soul and sense of national uniqueness to get bonding.

Singing is a very inspirational and motivational element to raise spirits in a fight environment.
          In some cultures dancing also.

This is a well known fact be it among primitive tribes or sophisticated armies such as Nazis Germany etc.

The fact that our fighters were singing and dancing prior to fighting without being instructed is a testimony to that.
          Its a part of our culture which we seem to be ignorant of like many other characteristics of being Armenian.

Lets not confuse between knowledge and expertise with raised moral and fighting spirit.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
          Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Comment

We should always impliment what works effectively and ethically regardless of the source. Dancing i think is fine and as long as it is not forced and is done because the guys wanna do it then i think it can indeed have a positive effect like it has had befor.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Comment

Azerbaboons pissed off over mine detectors
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  US presents Armenia with modern mine detectors

PHOTOSESSION
                  [ 29 November 2012 18:33 ]
                  It is not known whether these detectors will be used for humanitarian or military purposes

Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. The US supplied the combat engineer units of the Defense Ministry of Armenia with mine detectors. APA reports quoting Armenian websites that the number of the mine detectors, presented by the US to the armed forces of this country, was not announced, but it is reported that they are RECON PRO model produced by “Garret” company.

The detectors were given to Armenian Defense Ministry by Kansas Army National Guard.

Previously, statements were issued on presenting Armenia with metal detectors produced by the German “Vallon” company to Armenia.

For information, the United States banned the sale of military products to Armenia and Azerbaijan, referring to the current conflict. In this case, the equipment of the forces participated in international peacekeeping operations is an exception. The military equipment presented to the sappers of Armenian armed forces arises a question for what purposes these detectors will be used - humanitarian or military.

Note that the United States provided assistance to Azerbaijan in mine clearing operations. These assistances were provided to the Azerbaijan National Agency for Mine Action (ANAMA) for humanitarian purposes, without taking part in any form in the military operations. The similar structure, established in Armenia in early 2000, halted its operations, because of failure.

apa.az
                  Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

The identity of another Azerbaboon that was killed in Syria has been revealed. I believe this guy was the 3rd one killed there. Based on this article, he is from Azerbaijan's Sunni minority which would make sense because the Jihadist scum fighting the Syrian Army hate Shias.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Azerbaijani citizen’s identity killed in Syrian clashes made public - EXCLUSIVE
                    [ 30 November 2012 19:39 ]
                    Larisa Kangarli: “My son was killed in Syrian fights in September, 2012”

Baku. Ramil Mammadli – APA. The identity of one of the Azerbaijani citizens killed in the classes between oppositions and government forces in Syria has been made public.

APA reports quoting its sources that resident of Baku city Kangarli Araz Ayrim along with a group of people went to Syria in the middle of this year. Kangarli joined the oppositional armed groups and closely participated in the military operations against government forces. About two months ago, he was killed in the battles.

Kangarli’s mother Larisa Kangarli told APA that his son was killed in Syria. Kangarli said that his son was killed in the battles in Syrian region unknown to her: “His friend, whom I don’t know, told me his death. I abandoned him. He belonged to Allah. I don’t want to speak about it, because it is very difficult to me.”

Kangarli also noted that she was not informed about the exact place of burial of her son in Syria.

Note that 42-year-old Araz Kangarli known as “Omar" and "Asadullah belonged to the “Wahhabis”.

In different periods of 2005-2008, crossing Zahidan region of Iran to Pakistan, then to Afghanistan, trained and fought in the illegal armed groups functioning here. In Afghanistan, he was trained in military groups “Turk Jamaati”, “Uzbek Jamaati” and Mahdi Army (Jaish al-Mahdi) of Taliban and then participated in operations. The above-mentioned was arrested by border guards while illegally crossing the Iranian-Azerbaijani border. During the detention, it became clear that these people are connected with a terrorist organization "Al Qaeda" and handed over to the Ministry of National Security.

The Court of Grave Crimes has punished 13 Azerbaijani citizens including Araz Kangarli charged with participating in the battles against the US and its allies. The court has sentenced him 2 yeas 6 months in prison, but Shirvan Court of Appeal reduced this period to 1 year 6 months.

Syrian officials released the list of “143 individuals who were killed in Syria while carrying out terrorist activity” and the Azerbaijani citizens have also been included into the list.

apa.az

Comment

Armenia Vows Continued Contribution To NATO Force In Afghanistan

Armenia will continue contributing troops to the NATO-led multinational force in Afghanistan in the years ahead, Defense Minister Seyran Ohanian reportedly said during a visit to the country this week.

The Armenian Defense Ministry said on Friday that Ohanian met Afghan Defense Minister Bismillah Khan Mohammadi and NATO military commanders on the ground and inspected about 130 Armenian soldiers serving in northern Afghanistan during the three-day trip that ended on Wednesday.

A ministry statement quoted Mohammadi as thanking Armenia for participating in NATO’s International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan and praising the role of ISAF’s Armenian contingents.

Afghanistan - Defense Minister Defense Minister Bismillah Khan Mohammadi (R) meets with his Armenian counterpart Seyran Ohanian in Kabul, 26Nov2012.
                      ​​“In response, Seyran Ohanian reaffirmed the Republic of Armenia’s commitment to making a continuous contribution to coalition efforts to establish lasting security in Afghanistan,” said the statement.

With the United States planning end combat operations in Afghanistan next year, the NATO-led international military force there is due to be withdrawn by the end of 2014. A new and different NATO mission is expected to advise, train and assist the Afghan army after that. It was not clear if Ohanian’s remark meant Yerevan plans to participate in that mission.

According to the statement, Ohanian heard words of praise for the Armenian troops also during his separate meetings with ISAF’s British deputy commander, General Nick Carter, and General Erich Pfeffer, the commander of ISAF’s German-led Regional Command North headquartered in the city of Mazar-e-Sharif.

Ohanian, himself a retired army general, went on to visit 60 Armenian soldiers deployed at Camp Mike Spann, an ISAF base near Mazar-e-Sharif. The soldiers are tasked with ensuring its security.

A similar number of Armenian servicemen guard a military airport near Kunduz, another major city in northern Afghanistan. Five Armenian military instructors training Afghan government forces also serve there. Ohanian inspected the Kunduz contingent as well.

The Defense Ministry statement quoted Ohanian as telling the contract soldiers that they are playing “a unique role in the fulfillment of Armenia’s commitments to making an adequate contribution to international security.”

Armenia will continue contributing troops to the NATO-led multinational force in Afghanistan in the years ahead, Defense Minister Seyran Ohanian reportedly said during a visit to the country this week.

Comment

Working...
                      X