Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Russian 3624th Air Base, Erebuni, Yerevan, Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by HyeFighter2 View Post
      no, let me just say my opinion, yeh i agree, i see also that russia changes to western style, but he doing it to his special force not army,
      in 2008 russians had about 26k and georgians 20-21k at that time, they also had modernised t72s which got beaten by t62s and t72b's
      i know many things to say,but its gonna be bored to read all thing why western soldiers sux against soviet style war. And yeh arabs never could fight, they can only throw stones ( no racism)
      Russia is the largest nation by size and has a population of 140 million while Georgia is tiny with a pop of 4 million. Russia had a full air force, while Georgia didnt. Russia had an army of 1 million, Georgia 40k. In the 2008 war, the actual amount Russia deployed was 90-100 k troops to fight Georgia . Russia relies on MASS NUMBERS to win wars. Russian troops are poorly trained (most of them being conscripts. Russia had to cut the conscript service to 1 year infact, because their army was dwindling in numbers.) Russians themselves even admit about their mistakes during the war, which I can link you with videos. Here is an analysis of the Russian fighting capability during the war.

During 1991 Gulf War, Iraq had the 4th largest military in the world (over 1 million active troops), was armed with all kinds of Soviet and European weaponry, and had been fighting Iran for a decade, which means they were experienced. Also a lot of their troops were trained and organized by the Russians. Yet they got crushed in less than 100 hours of fighting. During the Battle of Easting 73, the 3rd largest tank battle in history, it was between US forces and the Iraqi Republican Guard. Iraq lost thousands of troops and hundreds of armored vehicles, while the US had 1 fatality and 1 disabled Bradley APC.

Comment

Russia had 1.4 mln soldiers, but you think they used all of em? it was chechens in georgia not even russians...

Originally posted by Yerevanski92 View Post
        1991 Gulf War, Iraq had the 4th largest military in the world (over 1 million active troops),
        Iraq never had 1 mln force, maximal number were 650.000 at gulf war, and in 2003 invasion of Iraq 400.000 and i dont think T72 can stand against Abrams, but look any videos where US troops was fighting to iraqis WHITOUT any vehicles...

Comment

USA uses air superiority thus the Iraq tanks had no chance vs the choppers that blew them up.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

ofc. west side is more vehicle job than infantry, thats why when theyr soldiers meet enemy they cant stand, BUT guys i dont understand one think, if Georgias folk is 4.5 mln and army is 40k why Armenian army is more than 50k we are 3mln

Comment

Defense Army of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic.
              9K114 Shturm/AT-6 Spiral

Comment

The number of blasting on mines increases
                2012 November 30 ( Friday ) 15:40:19

The number of landmine victims is growing, noted the participants of the a press conference of the organization "The campaign against landmines." Its head, Hafiz Safikhanov reminded that 166 states joined the Ottawa Convention on the prohibition of the use of mines and 16 of them eliminated the mines.

Last year, 320,000 antipersonnel, and 90,000 antitank mines were destroyed in the world, 90,000 square meters were cleaned from mines.

In the world in 2001 the tendency of lessening the number of landmine victims was observed. In 2011 everyday in the world died 32 people, and in 2012 the number dropped up to 12 people.

Globally, in 2011 there was a tendency to reduce landmine. If in 2001 the world every day from mines 32 people died, in 2012 this figure had dropped to 12.

Worldwide, the for clearance from mines 662 million dollars have been allocated. With the exception of Syria, last year none state used antipersonnel mines.

Azerbaijan, like Armenia and Georgia are not members of the Ottawa Convention. Official Baku explains it by the presence of the conflict with Armenia, and reserves the right to use all available in the arsenal weapons in the event of war with Armenia.

At the same time, not being a member of the Ottawa Convention, Azerbaijan

conducts clearing from mines. Azerbaijani representation in the UN has been criticized for non-adherence to the Convention.

Currently, more than 500,000 people in Azerbaijan live on mined territories. Moreover, these areas are not only in the war zone, but also outside it.

This year there were 14 cases of mine explosions in Azerbaijan, with four wounded, and three civilians died.

Among the military four were wounded, and four died.

Four explosions happened in Goranboy region, three in Fizuli, Tartar, Agdam, and one case in Tovuz region. Over the same period in 2011, three people died, and six were wounded.

The organization "Campaign Against Mines" helps to create businesses with disabiled, victims of mine explosions. Swiss association of victims of mine explosions provided 17,000 euros for the seven Azerbaijani mine victims in entrepreneurial activity.
                contact.az

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                  USA uses air superiority thus the Iraq tanks had no chance vs the choppers that blew them up.
                  The US took out the Iraqis communications and the Iraqis who took the main roads to the battlefield didn't know what hit them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0myH...B9D8337B075853

Regards to our military style. How about this...
                    Every conscript is thought to dance Kochary and yarkhushta and implemented just before assignments or military events (combat training or real) under life music and with the same responsibility, uniformity and attention as any military drill. Besides raising morale it will teach team work, assist discipline, comaraderie and pride. Many armies try to implement something more besides regular standard drills and while lot of others have not much in deep folkloric, national military ( in blood) dances to aid them, we do. And I have read that historically war dances have been performed by our ancestors in millenia. There is a record that before Maragha battle Mkhitar's solders danced it.
                    Some military experts could insist that dances like that are not serios and thing of the past and backwardness. But it is us and our genius of how can we implement something national and old that can be positive and aid as modern and helpfull.
                    Instead of sitting in ocean's cold water with whole unit and telling that freezing together teaches team endurance and bonds the members together, like navy seals do, we tap into human soul and sense of national uniqueness to get bonding.
                    When I was saying about mixing our ancient ways with todays top training this is what I was thinking of Hakob, lol well said.......anybody notice how our special forces implement that in group firing while guarding each others six?
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      Two words:

1- Recon (Real time sattelite/UAV mapping)
                      2- Apache (AH-64 flying Tank).....all its got to do its show up and the enemy runs for their lives.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X