Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
    I congratulate our military for making very very wise decisions in obtaining this firearms instead of playing PR cards as "making our own".
    Next, very important news that I want to see are few custom reloading shops where our snipers could develop their own accurate loads and practice lot of shooting with reasonable cost savings.
    I have heard of snipers making their own perfect bullet, how cool is that.......however how accurate will the round be, say a case that has been reloaded few times, and/or worth the accuracy check/shooter confidence of nailing targets beyond 700 meters compared to a new military grade cartridge?

I think reloading is a great idea that builds closeness with ones rifle increasing the chi.
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
        I have heard of snipers making their own perfect bullet, how cool is that.......however how accurate will the round be, say a case that has been reloaded few times, and/or worth the accuracy check/shooter confidence of nailing targets beyond 700 meters compared to a new military grade cartridge?

I think reloading is a great idea that builds closeness with ones rifle increasing the chi.
        Custom loaded bullets per firearm are allways more accurate than manufactured ones. Depending firearm specific bore( rifling wear, groove lands and bullet fit), powder charge and other components, you can zero in on a load that can be more accurate for your needs than ones out of box.
        I am telling this from experience.
        Plus, reloading experience gets shooter to understand the firearm more deeply.
        Reloading is a simple process. It also is fundamental in development of gunsmiths and armorers (besides marksmen).
        Remember, factories load the bullets cheaply and with general parameters only. Also their product is susceptible to quality lapses.
        I have checked and compared Federal, Winchester, Hornady and other loads. Generally powder charge is accurate only within 10% of weight. Bullet sitting depth and concentricity varies significantly too. You don't have to be genius to know that Russian made ones are even less accurate. That is not satisfactory for a sniper, as it increases the chances of missing the target.
        Also reloading makes bullets more cheaper. Right now to feed those firearms in pictures, our government has to pay somewhare between $3-7 per bullet. That is very expencive for our military. Reloading on the other hand, brings down the price 3-5 times.
        For example. 338 Lapua magnum bullets cost $130.00 per 20 rounds. That is $6.50 per round. Last time I loaded my own it cost me less than $2.00.
        Also I load with less powder charge for shooting 1-200 meter tagets and more for long distance, thus saving the barrel wear and prolonging rifle's accuracy life.
        As sniper, I would be more confident if using my own.
        Last edited by Hakob; 06-15-2013, 09:09 AM.

Comment

azerbaijan got new stuff from russia, preparing for parade

Comment

there are about 10 new BMP3 T90S with Shotra1, Msta-S and about 6 Tos1 Buratino

Comment

Originally posted by HyeFighter2 View Post

So many goodies we're gone take from those. LOL
              It will be a nice hunt.

Comment

Zinuj (15.06.2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
                  Custom loaded bullets per firearm are allways more accurate than manufactured ones. Depending firearm specific bore( rifling wear, groove lands and bullet fit), powder charge and other components, you can zero in on a load that can be more accurate for your needs than ones out of box.
                  I am telling this from experience.
                  Plus, reloading experience gets shooter to understand the firearm more deeply.
                  Reloading is a simple process. It also is fundamental in development of gunsmiths and armorers (besides marksmen).
                  Remember, factories load the bullets cheaply and with general parameters only. Also their product is susceptible to quality lapses.
                  I am not so sure about that, military surplus rounds are one of the best rounds I have shot compared to commercial ones, not mentioning armor piercing or incendiary rounds, plus most military ammo are not loadable due to steel casings and the initial cost/investment of reloading equipment can be high....there must be a reason why military does not reload.

I have checked and compared Federal, Winchester, Hornady and other loads. Generally powder charge is accurate only within 10% of weight. Bullet sitting depth and concentricity varies significantly too. You don't have to be genius to know that Russian made ones are even less accurate. That is not satisfactory for a sniper, as it increases the chances of missing the target.
                  Also reloading makes bullets more cheaper. Right now to feed those firearms in pictures, our government has to pay somewhare between $3-7 per bullet. That is very expencive for our military. Reloading on the other hand, brings down the price 3-5 times.
                  For example. 338 Lapua magnum bullets cost $130.00 per 20 rounds. That is $6.50 per round. Last time I loaded my own it cost me less than $2.00.
                  Well like I said I think military ammo is the best however I agree setting up reloading would be good for Armenian military for basic shooting training however reloading for snipers I thing would be limited to individual sniper. Also what you say would be very true maybe 10 or 20 years ago but with today's advanced sniper weapons with the choices of rounds available for your caliber will outweigh the cost savings of reloading, say a 50 BMG.....that is if you can get the brass in the first place.

Also I load with less powder charge for shooting 1-200 meter tagets and more for long distance, thus saving the barrel wear and prolonging rifle's accuracy life.
                  As sniper, I would be more confident if using my own.
                  That is cool....one of these days I might get into reloading but I am good now as far as ammo (pre-panic prices) plus I am more of an iron sight guy,
                  I do have a mil dot scope but I trust iron.
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by HyeFighter2 View Post

I highly doubt those are Azeri because of this: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...=1#post6751927

Look at the first photo, and look at it carefully

Comment

HALO Trust Minefield clearance, Nagorno-Karabakh Republic

A bulldozer widening a road in Martakert struck an Anti-Tank mine in 2012. A second mine found by HALO can also be seen.

A deminer clears around an mined farm in Harar, Lachin region.

A deminer uncovers a PMN2 Anti-Personnel blast mine in Khtsaberd, Hadrut region.

A HALO armoured loader with an Anti-Tank mine in the bucket.

A HALO manual deminer working in Khtsaberd, Hadrut Region.

A HALO team leader destroys a cluster munition found near Vazgenashen village.

Comment

Working...
                      X