Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Some of you are drinking lion milk today. The comparison between ISIS and us is pretty retarded actually. The people in Iraq and some parts of Syria welcomed ISIS without any resistance because they were sick of those regimes. No one is going to welcome us into Azerbadjan. The argument that since we cannot 100% control the present border then we might as well make a much larger border is also extremely flawed. Armenia has been doing well in protecting its border for decades and it is this recent escalation that has allowed them to penetrate from new positions. These new positions can be closed and our defenses can be improved and the Azeris cannot maintain this level of aggression. You guys also ignore the fact that neither Turkey nor Russia, nor Iran, nor USA are going to stand by and let this happen. This is not the same Azeri army we faced last time, it has way more weapons and some training to. We have been defending for a long time but defending is different then attacking. We need different weapons, we need different tactics, we need way more men...you guys smokin some bad weed today.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      Some of you are drinking lion milk today. The comparison between ISIS and us is pretty retarded actually. The people in Iraq and some parts of Syria welcomed ISIS without any resistance because they were sick of those regimes. No one is going to welcome us into Azerbadjan. The argument that since we cannot 100% control the present border then we might as well make a much larger border is also extremely flawed. Armenia has been doing well in protecting its border for decades and it is this recent escalation that has allowed them to penetrate from new positions. These new positions can be closed and our defenses can be improved and the Azeris cannot maintain this level of aggression. You guys also ignore the fact that neither Turkey nor Russia, nor Iran, nor USA are going to stand by and let this happen. This is not the same Azeri army we faced last time, it has way more weapons and some training to. We have been defending for a long time but defending is different then attacking. We need different weapons, we need different tactics, we need way more men...you guys smokin some bad weed today.
      Disagree.
      Retarded --- mmm
      Some welcomed isis, but many places they've went there was no welcome & they did exactly as Hakob described.
      Lions milk? No. Common sense is a more apt discription.
      The Armenian highlands are the highest land, and from there it drops in elevation in all directions.
      A buffer makes perfect sense considering those to our east. It's more mountains inhibiting them from attacking us or it's broad downward slopping land that cannot be approached without the penalty of visibility.
      Of course a larger army (high diaspora) would be of great benefit. However, if war braks out and the opportunity to --- RETAKE (not take) our (OUR) stolen land presents itself, it would be lol retarded not to do so.
      The right physical/spacial distancing of them from the populated ancestral homeland (not that all the way to the Caspian isn't ancestral) could and can be defended with the right mix of weaponry and resolve by us now and with a modest amount larger army done even better.
      They are way to close to Tavush.
      An relatively empty buffer actually sounds ideal, all things considered.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        I think you missed my point.
        Like I said, any expansion north from Tavush and towards Gandzak makes our border much shorter and easier to defend. It will not be much larger, but much shorter for about 3 times. Look the map. Next to reservoir, it will be impenetrateble by water.
        I also am not comparing us to ISIS, but their strategy makes sence. If you compare Iraq to Azerbaijan, US has spent over 60 billon on equiping and training Iraqi army in past 3 years alone. Iraq has 900000 security forces among them 200000 "elite" US trained army. But that does not stop the 7000 strong ISIS wrecking havoc there. Now ISIS is operating way past it's supporing population and without slowing down. There must be a good strategy involved in here.
        Also, looking at what is happening around in middle east, nobody can guarantee what any of the powers you mentioned will do. In war, new sircumstances may appear that can make our advancement very real and unhindered. US, Turkish plan was to destroy Syria, but it backfired on their face in Iraq.
        Also I think, Azerbaijanis can never compare to over 34 years battle hardened Iraqi population.
        24 Years ago, if somebody said that we not only would liberate Artsakh, But also as big of a territory surrounding it, lot of people would think that this guy is crazy. Look what happened?
        Last edited by Hakob; 08-06-2014, 09:14 PM.

Comment

The road to Western Armenia is through the East......fragment Azerbaijan, liberate the minorities, grow Armenia strong, then Western Armenia can be considered.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Decided to record a bit while having some fun.
              Unfortunately, I couldnt install the Armenian Armed Forces mod D:
              I did however, have several mods that kinda...make things harder when flying...The only reason I had them on was because they included T72Bs with ERA armor which are just fantastic

Last edited by Chubs; 08-06-2014, 09:26 PM.
              Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post

LOL. I wish we could have the picture of this meeting around table after offical news cameras were turned off.

Comment

Armenian Army
                  Front line on the North-East

Comment

Originally posted by Chubs View Post
                    Decided to record a bit while having some fun.
                    Unfortunately, I couldnt install the Armenian Armed Forces mod D:
                    I did however, have several mods that kinda...make things harder when flying...The only reason I had them on was because they included T72Bs with ERA armor which are just fantastic

Thats really cool and realistic.

on your scraping runs I suggest to keep your bank angle no more than 15 degrees when firing and light pressure on ailerons, also if you have rudder control in your game use it is to stay on target while the wing is banked (left bank right rudder/right bank left rudder), little up elevator (to control speed), power lever adjust to maintain altitude. This is called slip but you maintain altitude in this case. This will give you more time on target. Anyway this works in a real life aerodynamics and you don't have the seat of the pants feeling or experience any G forces.

stay easy and smooth on the controls.
                    Last edited by Eddo211; 08-06-2014, 10:25 PM.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                      Thats really cool and realistic.

on your scraping runs I suggest to keep your bank angle no more than 15 degrees when firing and light pressure on ailerons, also if you have rudder control in your game use it is to stay on target while the wing is banked (left bank right rudder/right bank left rudder), little up elevator (to control speed), power lever adjust to maintain altitude. This is called slip but you maintain altitude in this case. This will give you more time on target. Anyway this works in a real life aerodynamics and you don't have the seat of the pants feeling or experience any G forces.

stay easy and smooth on the controls.
                      Thanks for the advice, unfortunately, this simulator is more infantry/ground oriented and does not give you full controls over all the rudders, there is a much more realistic, jet oriented, combat sim called DCS World. The mods I had enabled kept me from actually flying properly. As it forces you to bleed speed twice as fast when making maneuvers. I wanted to disable them, but the S-8 rocket sounds were just..way too cool... Funny, this mod actually disabled FAB-250 locking and disabled drop on my Gsh 30mm. (The vanilla (Original version) game has insane drop...You would have to compensate like crazy and YOU STILL wouldnt penetrate tank armor. At the end of the vid I gave up on that last T-72B and just left. My cannon was just not getting through for some reason. The A10's cannon however...destroys T90s in just a small burst.)
                      Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Working...
                      X