Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

The Kirkuk Cheyhan pipeline is sabotaged fairly regularly and it does not appear to create much noise.
    Minimum we can do with regards BTC is to sabotage it and then deny access to repair by sniper or artillery.
    No need to uproot the whole pipeline.
    It is sabotaged by what is been successfully labeled as a terrorist organization….do we want that label pinned on NKR forces? Now if Turkey attacks Armenia proper then I say all bets are off, the pipeline gets it.

SO WHAT !! Armenia was not party to that.
    Political backing is half the battle that cannot be ignored.

With regards destroying infrastructure I am sure it is built in the war scenarios with all necessary political consequences considered.
    It may well be the first target, to avoid pissing about with piplines.
    You cannot build an oil processing infrastructure and for it to be bomb proof. The oil storage tanks will burst and the plants will burn uncontrollably. Their only defense is ground to air missiles and MIG 29s which must be avoided at all cost.

Unfortunately one has to fight with what one has.
    Like I said Armenia can pull this off with its current the Airforce but it is apparent that Armenia does not invest as much as it can on airpower and relies mostly on Russian air defense structures. That needs to change drastically in my view.
    Also we need to increase our own weapons manufacturing capabilities 10 fold! nothing is more precious than that. Why is Iran feared? Not because of its growing military power but because Iran is doing this using its own emerging defense industry instead of buying everything and not even have the technical knowledge to maintain it without the suppliers help.
    That is the direction I like to see. Armenia is doing this BTW but I like to see it grow further.

arakertzig: you are right, NKR forces can create situations that will discourage investor confidence in Azerbaijan. That happened back in 1992 and it is one of the reasons why Azeris are not attacking.
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
      Turkey can setup a indiscriminate shelling of Artsakh from Nakishevan under Azeri disguise and this time it will not stop no matter what we say.
      You really think Turkey is stupid enough to do this? That would give the right to Armenia to defend itself, including controlling Nakhchevan again. Besides, if they want to drag in other OSTO countries into this, like russia, then they're insane.

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
        You really think Turkey is stupid enough to do this? That would give the right to Armenia to defend itself, including controlling Nakhchevan again. Besides, if they want to drag in other OSTO countries into this, like russia, then they're insane.
        They might try it and see if Russia gets involved then say that it was a renegade soldier and they didnt want to do this

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
          Hey I said that not Londontsi

Russia may not jeopardize its good relations with Turkey over this. As long as Russian troops are not attacked, such a move by Turkey will have only political implication and NKR forces will have to content with another front (sort of speak), however it does give justification to move into Nakishevan…can we do it is another story.
          Remember Armenia is not really supposed to get involved physically in a war between NKR and Azerbaijan but we know better. There will be limited involvement to say the least.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post

Russia may not jeopardize its good relations with Turkey over this. As long as Russian troops are not attacked, such a move by Turkey will have only political implication and NKR forces will have to content with another front (sort of speak), however it does give justification to move into Nakishevan…can we do it is another story.
            Remember Armenia is not really supposed to get involved physically in a war between NKR and Azerbaijan but we know better. There will be limited involvement to say the least.
            But the thing is, I don't see how Turkey can guarantee that non of it's shells will land on Armenian soil. That would mean a deceleration of war towards Armenia. In that Russia has to intervene for it's own sake or else it could lose it's only base in the Caucasus. So I don't see Turkey getting involved directly in a war but will keep supporting the Azeris every way they can.

Comment

Just to add an important point to this.

"On February 4, 2009, an agreement to create the Collective Rapid Reaction Force (KSOR) was reached by five of the seven CSTO members, with plans finalized on June 14, 2009. The force is intended to be used to repulse military aggression, conduct anti-terrorist operations, fight transnational crime and drug trafficking, and neutralize the effects of natural disasters." from AAF wikipedia.

And
              The collective rapid-reaction force to be created by a post-Soviet regional security bloc will be just as good as comparable NATO forces, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said on Wednesday.

And

"Ohanian was reported to say earlier this week that Armenia expects direct military assistance from the CSTO in the event of another war with Azerbaijan. That Yerevan can count on such support was confirmed by the CSTO’s secretary-general, Nikolay Bordyuzha, in August."

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                But the thing is, I don't see how Turkey can guarantee that non of it's shells will land on Armenian soil. That would mean a deceleration of war towards Armenia. In that Russia has to intervene for it's own sake or else it could lose it's only base in the Caucasus. So I don't see Turkey getting involved directly in a war but will keep supporting the Azeris every way they can.
                Turks can be very cunning...........they have excuse for anything and they are masters of passing the buck. If there was a trophy for that they would win it.
                However many do agree with you that Turkey will not risk such a move unless they have a very good reason. NKR attacking their immediate interests might give them that leverage, but again political fall out for them will be great. It is interesting to note that Aliyev has asked Turkey to open military bases in Azerbaijan and Georgia has approved such a move. Will Turkey do this or can they convince the Russians and the West that such a move will guarantee protection of their interests I don’t know.

B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Thank you for saving my honor !!
                  Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

It is sabotaged by what is been successfully labeled as a terrorist organization….do we want that label pinned on NKR forces? Now if Turkey attacks Armenia proper then I say all bets are off, the pipeline gets it.
                    I implied sabotage during a war ( that would not be considered as terrorism ) as a retaliation target. I also suggested use of artillery for denial of access.
                    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                      But the thing is, I don't see how Turkey can guarantee that non of it's shells will land on Armenian soil. That would mean a deceleration of war towards Armenia.
                      I am not sure one has to wait until a shell falls on Armenian soil before a state of war to exist.
                      You cannot lob shells over a country onto a third country.
                      The question has to be what can Armenia do about it.
                      This is where its alliance would be tested.

Only the US can do such thing, if you remember cruse missiles overflying Pakistan to hit targets in Afghanistan.

Even that caused a huge row.

Comment

Working...
                      X