Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

They keep those refugees in rail cars because that keeps their pain of a lost war as fresh as possible. Their strategy is not tactical or strategic in a military sense. They want to create a long lasting hate and problem between armenians and azeri. As Federate said their lack of history/own culture causes them to develop one artificially based on anti-armenianism and the loss of karabakh.

If consolidated effeciently, the fighting spirit of rugged and mountainous armenians cannot be matched. Let them by israeli weapons and fancy toys, They will never have the balls or the spirit to match.

"Karabakh will never lose its independence. Armenia will never allow it. Neither in five, nor in ten or 20 years, never!"

Everything I said earlier about giving karabakh up..... F*ck it. I've realized they dont want karabakh, they want Armenia and armenians off the face of this earth.

Comment

Originally posted by truAnatolian View Post
      They keep those refugees in rail cars because that keeps their pain of a lost war as fresh as possible. Their strategy is not tactical or strategic in a military sense. They want to create a long lasting hate and problem between armenians and azeri. As Federate said their lack of history/own culture causes them to develop one artificially based on anti-armenianism and the loss of karabakh.

If consolidated effeciently, the fighting spirit of rugged and mountainous armenians cannot be matched. Let them by israeli weapons and fancy toys, They will never have the balls or the spirit to match.

"Karabakh will never lose its independence. Armenia will never allow it. Neither in five, nor in ten or 20 years, never!"

Everything I said earlier about giving karabakh up..... F*ck it. I've realized they dont want karabakh, they want Armenia and armenians off the face of this earth.
      Now, all you need to do is change your name to truArmenian.

Comment

I start to believe that truAnatolian is hiding his true identity. No self-respecting human can change his mind up so quickly, at least not without stating sound reasons.
        From brotherhood songs to war drums?
        Good luck with your new agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by serüven View Post
          I start to believe that truAnatolian is hiding his true identity. No self-respecting human can change his mind up so quickly, at least not without stating sound reasons.
          From brotherhood songs to war drums?
          Good luck with your new agenda.
          i agree. somethings up. something shady....

Comment

NAGORNO-KARABAKH: MASS WEDDING HOPES TO SPARK BABY BOOM IN SEPARATIST TERRITORY

The Moonies have done it; the United Arab Emirates have done it. And, now, in a bid to boost its population, so has the separatist territory of Nagorno-Karabakh, with the wedding of 700 couples on October 16. Russian-Armenian businessman Levon Hairapetian, a native of the Karabakh village of Vank, financed the ceremonies. Each couple received a payment of $2,000; newlyweds living in villages received a cow. That financial support will continue with each child born: couples will receive $2,000 for their first child, $3,000 for a second child, and increasing sums up to $100,000 for a seventh child. The ultimate aim of the event was to stimulate a baby boom in the territory. A 2005 census put Karabakh’s predominantly ethnic Armenian population at just over 145,000. In this remote, mountainous territory where jobs run scarce, the marriage offer struck many as too good to pass up. Virtually all of the Karabakh residents interviewed had a relative, neighbor or friend who was part of the mass wedding ceremony. On October 15, the day before the event, beauty salons in the capital, Stepanakert, were packed. "We had so many clients that we were working the whole night," said one salon owner. Starting in the early morning, buses transported couples from all over Karabakh to Vank village and to Shushi, or Shusha as it is still called in Azerbaijan, a semi-ruined city not far from Stepanakert that saw some of the fiercest fighting in the 1988-1994 war between Azerbaijan and Armenia over the territory. Five hundred and sixty couples ended up being married either at St. Ghazanchetsots church or the 13th century Gandzasar monastery, not far from Vank. Then it was off to Stepanakert’s Republic Stadium for toasts, wedding certificates and visits by pop stars from Yerevan, and a greeting from de facto Karabakh President Bako Sahakyan. With the stadium full of brides in white, the celebration continued late into the night, topped off by a fireworks display. Among the event participants was Eric Dravyan, a 25-year-old man from Stepanakert who married Karine Hayrapetyan, 20. The couple said that they were happy to be part of the ceremonies, but added that they intend to hold another ceremony at a later date, to which only family and close friends will be invited. Another participant, Vladimir Hakobjanyan, a 24-year-old from Askeran, said he was happy to finally get married. "Three month ago, I [kidnapped] my wife [Noyem Hakobjanyan, 19] as her parents would not give their consent. ... We did not have a wedding at that time; today is our wedding and we are very delighted and thankful."

Source: http://www.eurasianet.org/department...av102408.shtml

"NKR Defense Minister": "We will launch offensive for neutralization of the threat without waiting for the attack of the armed forces of "Azerbaijan"

"The tactical trainings with shooting, held in Nagorno Karabakh on Saturday, were of special nature", said the "defense minister" of the so-called "Nagorno Karabakh Republic" Movses Akopyan. He said the "defense army" of "Nagorno Karabakh Republic" arranged the trainings only for offensive. "We are preparing our servicemen for not waiting for Azerbaijan's attack, but, depending on the situation, for launching an offensive for neutralization of the threat to our security", said Akopyan.

Source: http://today.az/news/politics/48523.html

Serzh Sargsyan: "There is no alternative to the peaceful resolution of the Karabakh conflict"

"The resolution of the Karabakh conflict is possible only if Azerbaijan recognizes the right of the Karabakh people for self-determination", said Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan in his exclusive interview to Public Television of Armenia. "The resolution of the Karabakh conflict is possible in case Nagorno Karabakh has a land border with Armenia, if international organizations and leading states ensure the security of the people of Nagorno Karabakh and if Azerbaijan recognizes the right of the Karabakh people for self-determination", he said according to the press service. Sargsyan noted that after a long-lasting passive period the process of the resolution of the Karabakh issue has entered the active phase. "This is caused by at least two main aspects: first of all, both Azerbaijan and Armenia have completed the presidential elections and second, the well-known events, which occurred in the region, have again persuaded everyone that there is no alternative to the peaceful resolution of the conflict", said he. The President of Armenia considers that activeness is useful, along with the public discussions and he is confident that there will be a more active phase of public discussions. According to Sargsyan, discussions are always useful, but they must be based on the only interest - the interest of the Armenian people. "We have sacrificed much for the resolution of the Karabakh conflict to close eyes or ignore the facts of speculations. We are settling a sacred issue. We are settling an important historical task and it is immoral if someone tries to find out a different interest during its resolution", said Sargsyan.

Source: http://www.today.az/news/politics/48536.html

Azerbaijani Ministry Refutes Deployment of Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh

It is impossible to deploy peace peacekeeping forces of any country in Nagorno-Karabakh region, an inseparable part of Azerbaijan, the Azerbaijani Ministry of Defense officially stated. “Any issue on Nagorno-Karabakh cannot be a topic of discussions without Azerbaijan’s participation. Foreign interference into sovereign and independent Azerbaijan is impossible,” Eldar Sabiroglu, the spokesman for the Ministry of Defense, told Trend News on 18 October. Negotiations are being held between official Moscow and Armenia to place peacekeeping forces of the Russian Army in Nagorno-Karabakh, the Russian media reports. These reports are of provocative character, Sabiroglu said. “It can be easily seen that these reports are false. I think Armenia cannot believe in this lie, as well. Armenia knows well that it cannot happen,,” he said. Armenia has occupied 20% of Azerbaijanїs lands including Nagorno-Karabakh and surrounding seven regions. The occupation began in 1988. Azerbaijan lost the Nagorno-Karabakh, except of Shusha and Khojali, in December 1991. In 1992-93, Armenian Armed Forces occupied Shusha, Khojali and Nagorno-Karabakhїs seven surrounding regions. In 1994, Azerbaijan and Armenia signed a ceasefire agreement at which time the active hostilities ended. The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group ( Russia, France, and the US) are currently holding peaceful, but fruitless negotiations.

Source: http://news.trendaz.com/index.shtml?...323450&lang=EN
            Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Artsakh war veteran speaks out against these treacherous concessions! A very sobering interview. The man really speaks out his heart and you can feel his passion and his anger at some of the blunders we, the Armenian people, have and are committing.
              --------------------------------------------
              Artsakh War Vet Proclaims, “Don’t Look for Land-Givers Here - Go to Yerevan”

[October 27, 2008]

“If they think that by giving back those territories they can continue to live comfortably, they are mistaken.” This is what Garik, a disabled person, told us one week ago in Martakert, Karabakh. I tried to get him to enter into a conversation regarding what the guys who fought in the Artsakh war of liberation thought about recent development surrounding the Nagorno-Karabakh settlement process. It seemed that my questions ruffled the feathers of the veteran who received a head injury during the war. I felt that I had made a blunder by stating that Karabakh residents weren’t interested in discussing the issue of returning the liberated territories surrounding the NKR.

When I stated that the guys who fought in the war feared talking about the matter I understood that I had crossed the line. Garik opened up and talked without taking a breath.

“I don’t care who it is, we, the people of Karabakh, will strike out at them. No one can ever sign such a document. At least you can imagine what giving back those lands would mean. Who will take such a risk, at the cost of their lives? Is Serzh ready to place himself in harm’s way? Do you know what such a move will mean? Karabakh will once again be surrounded on four sides and nobody will remain here. No, let me rephrase that. A group of suicide commandos will remain and another such group will be dispatched to Yerevan. Don’t for a minute think that it will all go down so easily. There’s a lot to do here. Those riches that they have accumulated have come at the expense of the blood shed by me, Norik, Armen, Samo, Monte, Peto, Ardj and a thousand others. And now they want to hand those lands back? Have they asked me what I want, have they asked my comrades or those who gave their lives? If you want to give back land let them give Yerevan back. Why are you keeping that city, what good is it to you? You’ll leave for Los Angeles, Russia, Sochi. Go there to live; what are you doing in Yerevan? Don’t you need a place to eat, drink and make merry? There are countless places scattered throughout the world that will satisfy these needs of yours. Go! That’s where you’ll find the ‘real’ Armenians because you know what? An Armenian cannot live in his own country. An Armenian must flee, constantly flee…But there is no escape from this world. An Armenian can only escape from his homeland.”

“I knew that I’d be having this conversation one day. And now here you are engaged in such a discussion with me. They never asked me, all these years they never asked me and now you’ve come along and are asking me. However, I knew the day would come when they’d get around to asking me. So listen up closely! Once upon a time it was Levon saying such things and now it’s Serzh. Will they be guarding the borders of Armenia or their boys? Were they the ones protecting the borders back in the day? What do they care? They never had a care in the world but today we don’t even know where our next daily meal will come from. Are they the ones that have shouldered this torment so that they can now turn around and strip us of those lands? No, we are the ones who have born the brunt of the suffering. What connection do Serzh, Robert or Levon have with us that affords them the right to speak on our behalf?”

“These nights I wake from my sleep shouting, drenched in sweat. A night doesn’t pass without me ranting so. Why has my family named me ‘the cat’? Why, because my kids don’t know the pain I have born, and I don’t want them to know. And that’s the reason why we spent months surviving through the winter snows; so that the children would never experience those feelings. Have you ever heard stories about the partisans who lived in the forests for years, deprived of everything? And know you want to give back those lands? We’ll blow all of you guys up; you, who write those lies, and those others, with their fat hands on their bellies who have reduced us all to this pitiful state. Do you know what conditions those guys who fought are living in today?” “No one understands their plight. It’s as if they are no longer a part of this country. They have no connection with you people. They have taken to drinking binges for days on end. They drink to forget and that others steer clear of them. They drink so as not to be taken seriously. Yeah, that’s what I want; to be left alone. That’s why I drink. My friends and I aren’t capable of working. It’s not because there isn’t work to be had, it’s because we can’t work.”

“Now try to explain why what’s bottled up in your head prevents you from doing anything. Can you understand what such a thing means; when what’s in your head prevents you from living a normal life, when it cripples you and leaves you in a state of emptiness? But who understands us and who wants to? Now you come along and ask me what I think about giving lands back. Here, you’ll only find keepers of the land; go look for land givers elsewhere. Go look for them in Yerevan and tell them it will end badly for them. We couldn’t care else; it’s bad for us now. Go write that it will end badly for them!”

At first I also thought about directing similar questions to the Parliamentary Deputies and officials seated in the Stepanakert. But after my discussion with Garik I realized that, regardless of what they said, it wouldn’t make much of a difference anyway.

From http://www.hetq.am/eng/society/8485/?printable=1

See also these nice photos of our men and women on the frontlines http://hetq.am/eng/photostory/1020/1/
              Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                Artsakh war veteran speaks out against these treacherous concessions! A very sobering interview. The man really speaks out his heart and you can feel his passion and his anger at some of the blunders we, the Armenian people, have and are committing.
                I surprised you take that crap at Hetq seriously. I wouldn't post anything from them disgusting traitors if I were you. Hetq will not stop at anything to slander and attack the authorities. Anyway, as Jirayr Sefilian showed, opinions of many of our war veterans mean - shit! Military men fight wars, they don't get involved in politics. Fighting in a war does not miraculously give you wisdom and/or political insight.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                  I surprised you take that crap at Hetq seriously. I wouldn't post anything from them disgusting traitors if I were you. Hetq will not stop at anything to slander and attack the authorities. Anyway, as Jirayr Sefilian showed, opinions of many of our war veterans mean - shit! Military men fight wars, they don't get involved in politics. Fighting in a war does not miraculously give you wisdom and/or political insight.

I agree. At the same time though, coming to office, or being a politician in general, doesn't automatically mean you serve the people rather than a higher power.
                  For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                  to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                    I agree. At the same time though, coming to office, or being a politician in general, doesn't automatically mean you serve the people rather than a higher power either.
                    This is silly talk. There is a huge difference between a villager in Martakerd who happens to be a war veteran and a politician in Yerevan that has been meeting with politicians in Moscow, Baku, Ankara, Washington, Brussels, etc. Sargsyan's administration in Yerevan is the last group of people that would undermine Artsakh's independence. They have been around from the beginning, they know what they are doing. Let's not turn this serious geopolitical matter into a street brawl. There are serious economic, strategic and geopolitical factors at play in these types of matters. The reality is, sentiments of soldiers are only good for novels and legends.

Նժդեհ

Comment

I agree my friends about Hetq's Western infiltration but I find that the war vets are really left in a poor state considering their service to our country (though this is not limited to Armenia). And unlike most ignorant views on the Artsakh issue and general future of Armenia, as shown this past winter, the war vets have it right when it comes to the Artsakh issue and that is absolutely nothing given back!

As for Jiro, I lost some respect for him the day he joined forces with Levon. They share completely different ideologies on almost every issue and he dared join him?
                      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Working...
                      X