Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Comment

Comment

hi there how are you all this post is directed to all in this forum specially Zoravar coz he is the most experianced in the military field.

Recently we have been seeing an intensification of diversion attacks from the behalf of the Azeris and all of the times except the one when we had 4 losses and them only one we emerged victoriouse thanks to Azerbaijan the moral of Armenians and specially Armenian soldier deffending the frontline is boasted even more but I have a concern. in this recent events I can actually see Aliev has kept his promise which we all were dismissing. I can see that a new phase in Karabakh conflict just started. Although a full scale hostilities didn't break out but this phase isn't less dangerouse than a full scale war. In my opinon Aliev is convinced it is not probable to solve the karabakh conflict in his favor with a traditional full scale war because of so many reasons that many people here in this forum and analysts around the worl talked about so feeling inferior to the Armenian Army he started to implement a new kind of war which is as dangeriouse deady and ery efective. This kind of war we call it in arabic "harb estinzaf" literaly translated as "bleeding war" the less supiror forces avoid a full scale war but by doing acts and attacks they try to inflict as much damage as possible to the enemy making sure it doesn't pass the line ignite a full scale war. Gaurila warfare is also kind of this war that avoids full confrontation but bleeds the enemy into surrender. i can give a similar example in Lebanon Israel had occupied southern Lebanon and even reached Beirut from 1982 and when the civil war stoped in Lebanon in 1990 Israel was still in control of southern lebanese province so for 10 years Hezb Alla ingaged a gaurila warfare to bleed the Israelies they satrted to organise diversion sudden attacks plus booby traps etc. to kill or wound as much Israeli soldiers they can in the end forcing Israel to withdraw WITHOUT ANY CONDITION from the south Hezb Alla always avoided direct confrontation or a full scale war because they knew they would lose in that case and in the end they emerged victoriouse.

I can see a quite similar case over here azeris have realized they can't win in a full scale war so their choice is diversionary attacks to kill as much armenian soldier as they can and using propaganda and false infromation blame the Armenian side which will make the international comunity and internation and european organisations and superpower to remain silent about the incedent (just like it happened in the past times). And by killing Armenian soldiers kill the moral of the Armenian Army in the mean time boast the moral of the their Army and gain hand in the negotiation process. This kind of war is durty, dangerouse, exhausting specially for the country or the party which has disadvantage in population.

Till now THANK GOD Azeris haven't reached their goal accept for a one time because they have been suffering the losses but tables would turn if they start to secceed. This is a real treat to Armenian security and I think should be descussed in highest levels because as far as I'm concerned I can't find a solution and adequate reply to this kind of warfare. unless we keep on making them fail in their mission

Comment

Originally posted by Hye View Post
          hi there how are you all this post is directed to all in this forum specially Zoravar coz he is the most experianced in the military field.

Recently we have been seeing an intensification of diversion attacks from the behalf of the Azeris and all of the times except the one when we had 4 losses and them only one we emerged victoriouse thanks to Azerbaijan the moral of Armenians and specially Armenian soldier deffending the frontline is boasted even more but I have a concern. in this recent events I can actually see Aliev has kept his promise which we all were dismissing. I can see that a new phase in Karabakh conflict just started. Although a full scale hostilities didn't break out but this phase isn't less dangerouse than a full scale war. In my opinon Aliev is convinced it is not probable to solve the karabakh conflict in his favor with a traditional full scale war because of so many reasons that many people here in this forum and analysts around the worl talked about so feeling inferior to the Armenian Army he started to implement a new kind of war which is as dangeriouse deady and ery efective. This kind of war we call it in arabic "harb estinzaf" literaly translated as "bleeding war" the less supiror forces avoid a full scale war but by doing acts and attacks they try to inflict as much damage as possible to the enemy making sure it doesn't pass the line ignite a full scale war. Gaurila warfare is also kind of this war that avoids full confrontation but bleeds the enemy into surrender. i can give a similar example in Lebanon Israel had occupied southern Lebanon and even reached Beirut from 1982 and when the civil war stoped in Lebanon in 1990 Israel was still in control of southern lebanese province so for 10 years Hezb Alla ingaged a gaurila warfare to bleed the Israelies they satrted to organise diversion sudden attacks plus booby traps etc. to kill or wound as much Israeli soldiers they can in the end forcing Israel to withdraw WITHOUT ANY CONDITION from the south Hezb Alla always avoided direct confrontation or a full scale war because they knew they would lose in that case and in the end they emerged victoriouse.

I can see a quite similar case over here azeris have realized they can't win in a full scale war so their choice is diversionary attacks to kill as much armenian soldier as they can and using propaganda and false infromation blame the Armenian side which will make the international comunity and internation and european organisations and superpower to remain silent about the incedent (just like it happened in the past times). And by killing Armenian soldiers kill the moral of the Armenian Army in the mean time boast the moral of the their Army and gain hand in the negotiation process. This kind of war is durty, dangerouse, exhausting specially for the country or the party which has disadvantage in population.

Till now THANK GOD Azeris haven't reached their goal accept for a one time because they have been suffering the losses but tables would turn if they start to secceed. This is a real treat to Armenian security and I think should be descussed in highest levels because as far as I'm concerned I can't find a solution and adequate reply to this kind of warfare. unless we keep on making them fail in their mission
          Your logic is false. It's built on the assumption that the NKR army is a bunch of pussies, and they'll capitulate because of some random skermish attacks.
          There's nothing to worry about. Azeris can't take back that land unless they wage a war that will go on for years, they know that, they're frustrated and humiliated. Also, Aliyev is doing all this for his political goals, and the people under him don't want confrontation more than us.

To summerize this, they're desperate moves, and wont succeed.

Comment

Azerbaijan in panic: Aliyev got sign from above

Many Azeribaijanis are concerned: Azerbaijani flag got torn for the second time in the State Flag Square. They think this a sign from above.

It turns the torn part is proportionally equal to the size of Nagorno-Karabakh territory. Biased civilians perceive this as a sign of loss of the final hope for retaking control over Karabakh and its adjacent territories by Azerbaijan.

Many think it is symbolic that Azerbaijan’s “super renowned” flag got torn on the very day of the Nagorno-Karabakh independence; others draw attention to its occurrence on the very day of the Russian President Dmitry Medvedev’s visit to Baku.

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
              Your logic is false. It's built on the assumption that the NKR army is a bunch of pussies, and they'll capitulate because of some random skermish attacks.
              There's nothing to worry about. Azeris can't take back that land unless they wage a war that will go on for years, they know that, they're frustrated and humiliated. Also, Aliyev is doing all this for his political goals, and the people under him don't want confrontation more than us.

To summerize this, they're desperate moves, and wont succeed.

I think what Hye is referring to is the current situation drifting towards a war of attrition.

War of attrition is not directed to a "bunch of pussies" ( whatever that means ) but to hardy men, stronger, better armed and equipped armies.
              It is a "guerilla war" with clearly defined battle lines.
              It is fought by a "bunch of pussies" with one difference, they are not afraid to die.
              Their aim being to erode and crack the morale of the stronger side.
              In military terms it is a valid strategy.

Although it is too early to define the current situation as a war of attrition, our military leaders will have to decide when enough is enough.
              Also our political leadership will have to decide, we will not walk down that path.
              Only alternative remaining will be to have another war.
              If not a war or at least a major battle to show the opposite side their actions will not be fruitful.

In other words peace OR war but nothing in between.
              Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
              Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
              Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
                Many Azeribaijanis are concerned: Azerbaijani flag got torn for the second time in the State Flag Square. They think this a sign from above.
                It's an ill omen!

Baku's rhetoric is all over the place and I'd say that they are now out on a limb with Ankara. Erdogan needed to show leadership and act decisively in order to break the quagmire in the Caucasus. However all Turkey has managed to do is taken, one step forward and two steps back.

Comment

hi Arakeretsik thanks for replying

So according to your argument the Israeli Army one of the strogest in the world and far strongest in the region and far better trained in the region are as you put it "bunch of pussies". As you can see according to my analysis they are waging war but different kind of a war. As londontsi said we should wait and see but my analysis in my opinon is valid and a treat to Armenian security.

Comment

Photos of the Armenian Army

Comment

President of the Artsakh Republic partook at the meeting of the Defense Army’s military council

On 6 September President of the Artsakh Republic partook at the meeting of the Defense Army's military council and delivered there a speech.
                      The President reiterated that once again reassured that the authorities of the republic would do everything possible to keep on an appropriate level armory of the Defense Army and nothing would be spared.
                      Bako Sahakyan noted that together with modern equipment it is necessary keep high the morale of the soldiers, which includes a comprehensive package of measures comprising of psychological, educational, social and other aspects.
                      Touching upon recent violations of the cease-fire regime by Azerbaijan, Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Artsakh Republic armed forces qualified them as subversive terrorist acts that pose a threat both to the regional security and to the entire civilized world. President Sahakyan underlined that the best way of preventing aggression is to rebuff it strongly. "If it is not done then the scope of instability will be definitely enlarged," - noted the President.
                      Bako Sahakyan rated high fighting efficiency of the Defense Army, which was once again proved by effectively neutralizing all the provocations of the adversary.
                      The Head of the State handed in state awards to a group of servicemen for successful prevention of the advance attempt by the adversary's subversive reconnaissance group.

Comment

Working...
                      X