Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

It cost 16.000 drams from Yerevan to Stepanakert(bout €30)

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      They are making a big assumption with that mining, that there will be peace in ten years.

@arakeretzig, yeah it's about time that airport was renovated, but all the flights to my knowledge will me to Yerevan. It's much cheaper to drive or take bus, so may not have that much business.
      Not necessarily.

It is expected that Karabakh will have a regular flight service only with Armenia, at least in the near future. Its unresolved status makes direct air communication with other countries all but impossible.

It is not yet clear whether the Stepanakert-Yerevan flights will be carried out by Armenia’s national airline Armavia. Officials have said only that a one-way air ticket to the Armenian capital will cost 16,000 drams ($45).

By comparison, the current fare for a minibus trip from Stepanakert to Yerevan, which takes between six and seven hours, is 5,000 drams per person.

A random street poll of Stepanakert residents conducted by RFE/RL suggested that many locals will be willing to pay a higher price for much shorter and more convenient travel. “We won’t be tired of long trips,” said one man. “It should be interesting,” noted another. http://asbarez.com/86176/karabakh-to...akert-airport/
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Yes I read this to, but am still skeptical it will be a profitable endeavor.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Yes I read this to, but am still skeptical it will be a profitable endeavor.
          It's state owned and serves the army as well... that's not the point of the "business".

Comment

They are making a big assumption with that mining, that there will be peace in ten years.

@arakeretzig, yeah it's about time that airport was renovated, but all the flights to my knowledge will me to Yerevan.

It's much cheaper to drive or take bus, so may not have that much business.
            I cannot believe this airport was built only for civilian use ( and therefore based on only commercial considerations).

Depending on runway capacity it can have huge strategic importance for military also.
            During winter months flying may be a preferred option due to roads being impassable.
            Urgent night deliveries would also be preferable by air freight.
            Speed of deliveries of course goes with saying.

All in all a very important enhancement to Karabagh’s security infrastructure.

As for flights only to Yerevan this can easily change one day when Azerbaijan recognizes Karabagh’s independence.
            If you think that's impossible, I also thought Soviet Union could never collapse nor South Africa’s apartheid for that matter.
            Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
            Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
            Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

The big day Armenian scout
              Country of mountains can be proud of their special forces
              12.11.2010 / Viktor Litovkin

Last week, in addition to all the historical and revolutionary festivals in the CIS countries and noted the day the scout, who is known to have on November 5. Especially clearly happened in Armenia. Maybe because the representative of "NWO"'ve seen with my own eyes this is no exaggeration to folk festival.

He passed close in thirty kilometers from Yerevan, at a military airfield Arzni, who also serves as something of a proving ground for local commandos. At him, as expected, came all the leaders of the country's Defense Ministry headed by Defense Minister Seyran Ohanian, the first deputy minister David Tonoyanom, chief of General Staff Colonel General Yuri Khachaturov, other large and not very chiefs and commanders. Visited by representatives of military diplomatic corps accredited in Yerevan. And of course, there was a lot of veterans, active military personnel with their wives and children, as well as students who are at this festival brought professors of military science. And holidays, of course, failed.

There was all that usually happens on such spetsnaz show. Show modern weapons of special forces and their equipment, techniques, covert surveillance of the enemy, including the excavation of burrows. Throwing knives and shooting at targets from a crossbow. Crackle bursts (of course, with blanks) from the ambush. Demonstration of techniques sambo, karate and jiu-jitsu techniques, together with other national and martial arts, which have not forgotten and wushu.

These techniques with great fervor and honed combat skills have shown not only the Armenian military units and similar units from Nagorno-Karabakh, but also children from children's and youth sport schools.

Sure, there were skydiving, although not with airplanes and with Mi-17 helicopters, amphibious landing with the same turntables on a rope. She covered her maneuvers in the sky drums Mi-24. Viewers saw the seizure and release of armored vehicles, transport vehicles and even a sport airplane, smashing fists and elbows no, bricks, concrete blocks and burning, including the shelves of those concrete plates (which at such a show without these effects?). And jumping on the second floor on the backs of comrades in breaking the slate and much more, without which it can not do any holiday commandos, spies and commandos. And then there were awards to the best of the best and the solemn march of the show before the leadership of the armed forces.

Frankly, these holidays a little brighter or a little more modest, the author of these lines, as well as many who for years has served or serves in the army and navy, saw more than once or twice. They do not differ greatly from each other. But here's the interesting part. I asked the organizers of the show to introduce me to some of its members wanted to talk to them, find out how to serve in the Armenian army and its elite spetsnaz units. Me summed up the three guys. In the "Indian" coloring is called, has not yet cooled from the educational demonstration fight. Said:

"These soldiers are fluent in Russian. It will be easy to talk with them.

I asked the guys to call themselves.

Series Ohanian Nicholas, sergeant Hakobyan Razmik, Private Harutyun Arutyunyan, 23 separate brigade of special purpose - they introduced themselves. And, without the slightest Armenian accent.

-Where did you get such a good Russian language - I was surprised.

-And we're from Russia, - smiled at my sides. - From Astrakhan, Novosibirsk, Tolyatti. Lived in Russia and came to serve in Armenia.

... We talk a lot about patriotism, I thought. But if the guys from Russia, where in the army are the year, came to serve in the Armenian army, which serve two years and is great chance to be on the front line, it means something. What? Let everyone decide it for himself.

Yerevan-Moscow

Comment

Comment

I wish they improve conditions in the army, many young people are getting abused severely there and sometimes come home psychologically disturbed. They still follow the inaccurate method of "breaking-in" which comes from the Soviet times. I have a personal connection also as one of my cousins is serving and my other cousin will be serving very soon.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                    I cannot believe this airport was built only for civilian use ( and therefore based on only commercial considerations).

Depending on runway capacity it can have huge strategic importance for military also.
                    During winter months flying may be a preferred option due to roads being impassable.

Guys, it's not a civilian-only airport. The airport itself is under the control of our army. It is a military airbase where there is a civilian terminal being constructed. Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepanakert_Air_Base

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

As for flights only to Yerevan this can easily change one day when Azerbaijan recognizes Karabagh’s independence.
                      If you think that's impossible, I also thought Soviet Union could never collapse nor South Africa’s apartheid for that matter.
                      I'm quite certain the military will use the airport as well. It will serve for easier/more efficient transfer of arms and ammo from Russia, Belarus, etc.
                      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X