Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

An interesting perspective from the former Azeri DM

Azerbaijani former deputy Minister of Defense: How can Ilham Aliyev
    “recover country’s territorial integrity” being complete nonentity?

POLITICS 13:58 03/05/2016 REGION

In conditions of the problems that the Azerbaijani side has, it is not
    necessary to speak about a full-fledged war despite the
    intensification of the violations of the ceasefire agreement, former
    Azerbaijani deputy Minister of Defense and former commander of corps,
    colonel Isa Sadigov, told online Meydan TV.

He particularly notes the “trouble” with the formation of the
    preparation of the “successive waves” corps,citing as a positive
    examplethe Nazi Wehrmacht, which had 17 waves in its rear during the
    attack against the Soviet Union. Isa Sadigov also mentions artillery
    problems.

“The Azerbaijani authorities stated that they had spent 30 billion on
    army re-equipment. Unfortunately, we did not see the recoil of those
    billions during the events. That is why, it can be stated that the
    lion’s share of that sum was robbed – one third of that money would be
    enough to fully replenish the army with the latest military
    equipment,” the former official said.

Referring to the revanchist and arrogant moods in Azerbaijan based on
    the quantity and “best armament,”Sadigov notes that those are not
    professional assessments. In his opinion, despite the “advantages” and
    “theoretically possible blitzkrieg,” the behavior of the Azerbaijani
    authorities, which did not use the 22 years of truce to prepare for a
    war, obstructs it.

“My observations of our armed forces prove that the state of affairs
    of the organizational issues can also play a bad joke on us,”Sadigov
    notes emphasizing that a subdivision of the Azerbaijani Special Forces
    was surrounded in Martakert direction during the latest military
    action.

“And what if we run into resistance, and the war turns lengthy rather
    than a light walk or safari? I do not know to what extent the
    Azerbaijani public opinion is ready for that,”Sadigov wonders adding
    that the army headquarters of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces acted
    contrary to the classic canons of offensive operations during the
    events, which occurred in early April.

He believes that Baku will not decide on a large-scale military action
    without obtaining sanctions from Moscow.
    Sadigov also covers the issue of the Azerbaijani society’s
    consolidation around Ilham Aliyev’s personality, and notes that the
    situation of the peculiar peaceful time, which “has been presented as
    the regime’s main accomplishment during the past 14 years,” has been
    formed thanks to the Aliyevs.

“As for us, current Azerbaijani authorities entirely depend on the
    Kremlin’s will, and I cannot imagine that Ilham Aliyev, a complete
    nonentity with his personal qualities, can start his own actions for
    the recovery of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity. His father could
    not do it in favorable conditions of 1994, and he will not do
    it,either, ”Sadigov states.

The Aliyev regime's only achievement is Azerbaijan’s isolation from
    the civilized world in afull dependence on the Kremlin with its inner
    and foreign policy. “Ilham Aliyev can make speeches with curses and
    threats against the US, Germany, but it will never even express its
    position as an answer to Moscow’s openly insulting attacks,”he says.

Sadigov assured that the Aliyev family is not interested in Karabakh,
    they only want power and opportunity to rob the country. “After Heydar
    Aliyev came to power, many people also believed that he ‘would soon
    throw his coat and go to liberate Karabakh.’ Or nothing would be
    necessary at all -- the Armenians would be so frightened of him, that
    would escape. At that time, many people believed in him, and the
    society united around the power. As a result, during 2 months, we lost
    more than 5000 soldiers, and after that, the authorities signed the
    shameful Bishkek agreements,” he reminds.

He also notes that during the 22 years of the truce, the Azerbaijani
    authorities have not taken up reforms in the army, which is in
    terrible plight: corruption rules, and dedovshchina storms.

“All this can hardly stop in a moment. It is an incredible stupidity
    to speak about war in these conditions. I clearly understand that it
    is impossible to start war with this regime, and it iseven more
    impossible to win it,” he notes.

Summing up, the former deputy minister touched to the relevant issue
    of Armenophobia widespread in Azerbaijan. Highlighting the issue, he
    wonders whether the Azerbaijani society is ready for a joint
    inhabitation with the Armenians in Karabakh.

“After Ramil Safarov’s story, I strongly doubt in that. The behavior
    of the official circles back then is worth mentioning -- that man’s
    pardon and inclusion in the range of national heroes only spoke about
    the fact that in Baku, the murder of an Armenian is heroism. This case
    is an obstacle in the final resolution of the Karabakh conflict, just
    like the military action,”Sadigov answers to his own question.

General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      I wonder if people actually ever think before they speak or write. If fools write things then many fools who read it will believe it. The day Armenia leaves Russian security system for NATO will be one of the last things it does as a Armenian state. If we put our trust yet again in the west then we truly deserve to go extinct for anyone that repeatedly puts his head under a guillotine deserves to lose his head. NATO has zero mechanisms for protecting members against other NATO countries. Our biggest threat as a nation and a people has the biggest Army in Europe and is a NATO member deemed far more important to that alliance then we will ever be. How will we get weapons in NATO? How will we guard our Turkish border while holding off Azeris? Who is going to invest into a country with no security? If you think too many people are leaving Armenia today then join NATO and see the rest get slaughtered as only the lucky ones will leave alive. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
      says who? Haykakan posting from some NATO capital

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
        So I "hit" the URL looking to see who wrote this but found no author?
        Can you say who said this and if he has any government title?
        he's quoting Armenia Ashotyan

Comment

Առաջնագծի զինվորները

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
            says who? Haykakan posting from some NATO capital
            Yes and that should mean something. I have every conceivable reason to say yes lets join the West, yet living in the west for so long has made it abundantly clear to me that it will not be a partner to Armenia. Even those countries in Europe that want to be our friends are unable to do so because the "NATO capital" orders them to act against their own national interests. This should be a clear warning bell to us yet we somehow manage to interpurt warning bells as welcoming hyms. We have the luxury of learning from our own history to avoid making the same mistakes which have cost us so dearly. If we refuse to use our heads, then we deserve to lose them.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              I wonder if people actually ever think before they speak or write. If fools write things then many fools who read it will believe it. The day Armenia leaves Russian security system for NATO will be one of the last things it does as a Armenian state. If we put our trust yet again in the west then we truly deserve to go extinct for anyone that repeatedly puts his head under a guillotine deserves to lose his head. NATO has zero mechanisms for protecting members against other NATO countries. Our biggest threat as a nation and a people has the biggest Army in Europe and is a NATO member deemed far more important to that alliance then we will ever be. How will we get weapons in NATO? How will we guard our Turkish border while holding off Azeris? Who is going to invest into a country with no security? If you think too many people are leaving Armenia today then join NATO and see the rest get slaughtered as only the lucky ones will leave alive. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
              So how come there has not been any war between any NATO countries since its inception?

Comment

Interesting- one of the NKR soldiers in this piece had been previously conscripted/served in the Russian army (he is from Armavir originally). Glad to see it- veteran experience and obviously a patriotic Armenian.
                General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
                  So how come there has not been any war between any NATO countries since its inception?
                  NATO serves as a security blanket for blantent aggression. The human rights laws conceived by its own members are meaningless to this organization because it is a dictatorship not a partnership. Look here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprus_v_Turkey and then ask yourself why on earth would NATO ever intervene on Armenia's behalf? A country's security is the most important thing that needs to be taken seriously, making decisions based on false hopes and wishful thinking is what brought us the genocide. I believe our people are being brainwashed today on a grand scale to make the exact same mistake we made before. I cannot imagine the result of these mistakes being any different then the results we had previously. Turkey was and still is our existential threat and one of the main components of NATO, Russia is Turkeys regional rival and the main target of NATO. Some things should not have to be explained, it really is sad that even when explained the level of brainwashing prevents some people from seeing reality for what it is. It was not NATO that prevented Turkey from attacking Armenia for over 90 years, it is not NATO that guards our border with our main enemy who is too scared to fire a single shot at us. If you think what is going on at the Azeri/Artsakh border is bad then what do you think would happen on our Turkey/Armenia border if Russians left? Brainwashing has been unbelievably effective on our people despite efforts from people like me trying to tell my people to simply look at reality and our own history to see the situation for what it really is.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                    http://razm.info/83184

Interesting- one of the NKR soldiers in this piece had been previously conscripted/served in the Russian army (he is from Armavir originally). Glad to see it- veteran experience and obviously a patriotic Armenian.
                    This guy is from Syria. He's been in Armenia for 4 years.
                    In Syria they have a 2-year military service which is tough.

Comment

Azerbaijan's economy is on the floor. Central budget spending down 37% year on year in the first quarter.

Comment

Working...
                      X