Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Azerbaijan purchased 24 *Mi-35M* from Russia

БАКУ, 24 фев – 1NEWS.AZ ОАО «Роствертол» в сентябре-октябре 2010 г. подписал контракт на поставку Азербайджану 24 вертолетов Ми-35М. ОАО «Роствертол», производящее ...

Is this ture?

Comment

Originally posted by AstalaVist View Post
      Azerbaijan purchased 24 *Mi-35M* from Russia

БАКУ, 24 фев – 1NEWS.AZ ОАО «Роствертол» в сентябре-октябре 2010 г. подписал контракт на поставку Азербайджану 24 вертолетов Ми-35М. ОАО «Роствертол», производящее ...

Is this ture?
      Why would they lie about it? They like to boast about buying things...

Comment

Car carrying servicemen crashes in Azerbaijan leaving dead and injured
        24.02.2011 14:28

Azerbaijan, Baku, Feb.24 / Trend, K.Zarbaliyeva /

A car carrying servicemen crashed in Azerbaijan leaving dead and injured peoples.

Tovuz Region Police Department’s investigator Ilgar Abdullayev told Trend that Lieutenant Elvin Atakishiyev’s car of VAZ 2107 brand crashed with a minibus of Mercedes brand driven by Eshgin Orujov and then crashed with Kahlig Huseynov’s car of VAZ 2106 brand and went off the road in the Tovuz region’s Ashagi Oysuzlu village.
        trend.az

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
          Abiyev must stay. The more corrupt the officials, the wider the advantage is for us.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister in danger of losing post over crimes in Azeri army
          February 23, 2011 - 19:51 AMT 15:51 GMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister is in danger of losing his post.

Azerbaijani parliamentarians named the Defense Minister responsible for recent deaths in the army. The parliamentarians admitted the bloody incident where an Azeri serviceman shot his 7 fellow soldiers dead to be among many similar ones in the army. The MPs lay the blame of neglecting the situation on the Defense Minister, too busy with preparations of war with neighbors to mind the intolerance atmosphere in the army.

According to Azeri media reports, Karabakh Liberation Organization demanded dismissal of the Defence Minster and the head of the General Staff “to save the Azeri army”.

Apparently, a storm is brewing over the head of Abiyev. The situation in the Azeri army is critical, and judging by the situation, the current Defense Minister will be dismissed. The problem lies in finding a suitable candidate for the position. It’s unlikely that a person, assuming a ministerial position will refuse to be involved in corruption, busing himself with army problems instead.

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/world/news/62378/
          I think Abiyev will remain. He is obviously a loyal minion to the Aliyev clan. The government also hates the KLO
          General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

And Azeris complain when Russia sells us weapons. I don't understand why Russia is doing this, mostly likely so they can get access to Azeri resources.

Azerbaijan is continuing to build up its army with the purchase of 24 Russian helicopters and the possible joint production of armoured vehicles.
            Russian company Rostvertol signed a deal in September-October 2010 to sell 24 Mi-35M attack helicopters to Azerbaijan, Rostvertol General Director Boris Slyusar said yesterday.
            The agreement came to light as the general director announced Rostvertol's 2010 trading figures.
            The year was a successful one for the Rostov-based producer of Mi military and civil helicopters with a net profit of 1.3bn roubles ($44m), Slyusar said.
            The Mi-35M is a multi-purpose attack helicopter, designed to destroy armoured hardware, provide aerial fire support for ground troops, carry paratroopers, evacuate the wounded and transport cargo in its hold and external cradle.
            According to the Oruzhiye Rossii (Russian Weaponry) catalogue, as a modernized version of the Mi-24, the Mi-35M is practically a new helicopter.
            The Mi-35M can fly in all weathers. It has a top speed of 310 km/h and a cruising speed of 260 km/h.
            A standard flight distance is 460 km but the Mi-35M can fly up to 1,000 km.
            Russia proposes joint production of armoured vehicles
            In a separate development, Russian arms exporter Rosoboronexport has suggested that Tiger armoured hardware be produced under licence in Azerbaijan.
            Azad Mammadov, an assistant to Azerbaijan's minister of the defence Industry, spoke about the proposal at the IDEX-2011 International Defence Exhibition in Abu Dhabi.

"We have a number of interesting proposals from Rosoboronexport on the joint production of military hardware, in particular, a project to organize the production of Tiger armoured hardware in Azerbaijan. We have received the proposal and are considering it," Mammadov told Russian news agency Arms-TASS.

He said that a representative of the Russian company that produced the Tiger light-armoured vehicles had made several presentations in Azerbaijan.
            The Tiger is produced by the Arzamas Machine-Building Factory open joint-stock company.
            It is designed for use in both civilian and military environments and is highly mobile and manoeuvrable, according to the Oruzhiye Rossii (Russian Weaponry) catalogue.
            Azerbaijan has the capacity to produce the Tiger, Azad Mammadov said.
            "We already have the experience of production under licence of the Marauder mine-protected vehicle jointly with South African company Paramount. The Tiger is a different class vehicle but it is very interesting," Mammadov said.
            Azerbaijan has already started mass production of the Marauder.
            The Tiger would not be the first joint Russian-Azerbaijani arms production. In 2010, Russia and Azerbaijan agreed a deal on the production of the modernized AK-74M Kalashnikov rifle under licence. The first rifles should be produced later this year.
            Mammadov said that defence industry cooperation with the former Soviet republics, and especially with Russia, had the great advantage of no language barrier. He said that dealing with Westerners was a big problem for Azerbaijani industry.
            "Of course, there aren't any problems talking about marketing but direct talks about production are very difficult," he told Arms-TASS.
            Azerbaijan is also working closely in the defence sector with Belarus and Turkey. Belarusian company Belomo has helped to organize the production under licence in Azerbaijan of the P8-B3 grenade launcher with telescopic sight, Mammadov said.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
              And Azeris complain when Russia sells us weapons. I don't understand why Russia is doing this, mostly likely so they can get access to Azeri resources.
              Money first, politics second.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                Russia has always armed both sides and always will. They want profits just like anyone else and they want the power to play all sides off against each other. For every arms delivery Armenia gets, the Azeris will get one and vice versa. I respect Russia and view them as an ally but I do not make the mistake of taking it for granted or assuming they have our best interests at heart. They are not a "good friend" but one Armenia's only friends. The alternative to Russia (and Iran) is to be surrounded by enemies. Hypothetically, lets's say there was a scenario where the US, EU, Turkey, etc lost interest in the region, in that case Russia could easily sell us out to the Azeris once they feel they have nothing to gain by supporting Armenia. Maybe it could happen, maybe not. I see Russia as an ally and hope it will remain so. I remain pro-Russian and understand why they do some of the things they do in response to the US but at the same time, lets not forget their goals are really no different than the US, China, etc.; the want control, they want power, and they do not care how it is attained. Armenia has consistently been a good ally for the Russians and I hope it is appreciated by the Russian authorities and reciprocated.
                Last edited by Joseph; 02-24-2011, 06:41 AM.
                General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

One thing i've noticed is that Armenia is 10x more secretive on its Armed forces than the Azeris are. So we usually only get news of Azeris purchasing this and that weapon and instinctively get worried. Armenia pretty much never announces what they bought. Seyran Ohanyan earlier said Armenia had received an unprecedented amount of modern weaponry but did not name it. Our major announcement of the decade was the acquisition of S-300 which was already rumoured but yet again, no word on when we got it, how we got it, under what terms etc. I think this is great and gives us another advantage as opposed to the Azerbaboons who are more than happy to show off and boast.

I met the Artsakh FM Gevorgi Petrosyan and asked him a military related question and even though it was pretty private, he said he can't answer the question because it's a state secret. Even when I asked a question simply about if the balance was shifting towards one side or the other, his response was a vague "մտահոգվի բայց մի վախենար".
                  Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                    One thing i've noticed is that Armenia is 10x more secretive on its Armed forces than the Azeris are. So we usually only get news of Azeris purchasing this and that weapon and instinctively get worried. Armenia pretty much never announces what they bought. Seyran Ohanyan earlier said Armenia had received an unprecedented amount of modern weaponry but did not name it. Our major announcement of the decade was the acquisition of S-300 which was already rumoured but yet again, no word on when we got it, how we got it, under what terms etc. I think this is great and gives us another advantage as opposed to the Azerbaboons who are more than happy to show off and boast.

I met the Artsakh FM Gevorgi Petrosyan and asked him a military related question and even though it was pretty private, he said he can't answer the question because it's a state secret. Even when I asked a question simply about if the balance was shifting towards one side or the other, his response was a vague "մտահոգվի բայց մի վախենար".
                    I agree with your assessment. The only thing the Azeris have going for it is bluster. They feel if they create enough bluster the international community will continue put pressure on Armenia or that Armenia will cave. They sure as hell don't want to fight.

I was happy when Armenia finally confirmed the delivery of S-300's (and apparently quite an large amount of units) to their control. It was a game changer. Much of the rhetoric coming from think tanks, Pentagon, the Azeris themselves changed after that.

Comment

Car carrying servicemen crashes in Azerbaijan leaving people dead and injured - UPDATE
                      24 February 2011 [18:45] - Today.Az

A car carrying servicemen crashed in Azerbaijan leaving dead and injured peoples.

Tovuz Region Police Department’s investigator Ilgar Abdullayev told Trend that Lieutenant Elvin Atakishiyev’s car of VAZ 2107 brand crashed with a minibus of Mercedes brand driven by Eshgin Orujov and then crashed with Kahlig Huseynov’s car of VAZ 2106 brand and went off the road in the Tovuz region’s Ashagi Oysuzlu village.

As a result of the incident, the 19-year old soldier Ramin Jabrayilov (called for active military service from Bilasuvar Region Military Commissariat), who was in the first car, died.

Other passengers, investigator of the Gazakh Region Military Prosecutor , 27 -year-old Abbas Bayramov, soldiers - Nuru Zeynalov (called for active military service from Baku City Nizami District Military Commissariat ) Aliheydar Shukurov ( called from Neftchala Military Commissariat ) and career soldier , Tovuz ’s resident Nemat Hajiyev , born in 1987, were injured.

During the incident , a driver and two passengers of the minibus were also injured.A criminal case has been filed under Article 263.2 (violation of traffic rules and regulations of vehicle use) of the Azerbaijani Criminal Code.

The commander’s health state is serious.The accident took place as a result of driving the VAZ 2107 car at high speed.
                      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Working...
                      X