Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

[QUOTE=Hye;319267]Hi Vrej1915

you claim Russia helped Azerbaijan against Armenia during Karabakh war in 1991 operation ring and 1992. I haven't heard abour any Russian help in 1992 if you have reliable sources be my guest.

1992 JUNE: Yeltsin had agreed to transfer an equal number of 100 T 72-s to Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia, in a deal of sharing red army's arsenal in the S Caucasus. Days later, with no worning; he delivered more than 350-400 Tanks and BTRs, etc to newly elected Elchibey, while Armenia had to wait 6 months to have its part... In the mean time, the ex soviet tank division, manned by its ex-soviet (mostly Russian, even if Armenians prefered to remember the ukrainians nowdays) crews, marched on Chahumian and Martakert.
    This is history, well known to anybody in Artsakh those days, and reported many times.
    You can find if you wish.

For serjik, I wish you were right, but unfortunately your demonstration is wishful thinking

Concerning Russia: If you look at it closely, you will discover quite the contrary. Russia sacrifices our interests each time it feels secure/sure enough, and this till the days of Tzarina..; And by today, Russia , or more specifically, Mr Medvedev is pushing a very pro turkish policy against us, and in fact, is trying to force us to concede territories, to please ankara/baku.
    To claim the contrary is only due to lack of information, or wishful thinking.

Any way, as a last detail, the selling of S 300 is real provocation, and destabilising factor.... anyone having an idea of the real military balance, and the thinking of azeri leadership does understand it.
    The only reason they do not really consider an attack, is their fear of Baku burning like an oil barrel. And S 300 may give them the sentiment of 'unvulnerability' against our long range missiles... (no matter if that sentiment is erroneous)
    And here it does not matter that we had this technology for years, etc...Of course we had it, because we are the stategic allies of Russia.
    We have a lot other things that neither azerbaijan, nor any other neighbor has. Does that mean that Russia can give them to Baku for some cash?
    If Turkey had gave them, it would have been 'normal', ..

Any way, I see one major reason for russian misbehaviour: their sentiment of 'impunity' in the armenian opinion, and you just gave a good proof.
    If they knew that the 600 million of pocket money Mr Medvedev grabbed for the S 300 may have endangered the future of their base in Gyumri, they would have thinked twice...

Signing the 2044 (10 years before term) prolongation deal by serjik, in these conditions, proves his abilities...
    Any way, I will not return on him. He and Levon are the worst calamities destiny inflicted on us since Stalin & Ataturk.

Comment

[QUOTE=Federate;319270]Here are those joint Azeri/South African mine protection vehicles at the Azeri military parade.

What kind of mines are these supposed to resist?
      Anti personel, or anti tank?
      If it is anti personel: great, they would have saved the life of the crew, but tactically, nothing will change.
      If it was anti armor mines, yess that would be interesting. But yet again, I can't imagine a rubber tire resisting an anti tank mine...

And any way, where is the utility of this against our lines?
      This may serve to Turkey in Kurdistan, I guess. But against our lines? Does this mean they plan to conquer so much of Armenian inhabited lands, with guerilla troops remaining behind, so they will need patrols with this kind of material?

Comment

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post

What kind of mines are these supposed to resist?
        Anti personel, or anti tank?
        If it is anti personel: great, they would have saved the life of the crew, but tactically, nothing will change.
        If it was anti armor mines, yess that would be interesting. But yet again, I can't imagine a rubber tire resisting an anti tank mine...

And any way, where is the utility of this against our lines?
        This may serve to Turkey in Kurdistan, I guess. But against our lines? Does this mean they plan to conquer so much of Armenian inhabited lands, with guerilla troops remaining behind, so they will need patrols with this kind of material?
        They are supposed to be anti-tank mine resistant. Marauder is for urban settings (no special use in Artsakh). Matador is the one that would probably see action in a future war. I'm assuming it's mainly for when they cross the frontline since that part remains the most known mined area in the region. It seems like a big waste of money on their part if you ask me, it's them showing off their "military industry". Then again, when you have clients such as British colony of Jordan that will buy this crap, why not make it.
        Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

The Marauder on some British show called "Top Gear" lol. They test it with some explosives near the very end.

Last edited by Federate; 06-26-2011, 11:53 PM.
          Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
            They are supposed to be anti-tank mine resistant. Marauder is for urban settings (no special use in Artsakh). Matador is the one that would probably see action in a future war. I'm assuming it's mainly for when they cross the frontline since that part remains the most known mined area in the region. It seems like a big waste of money on their part if you ask me, it's them showing off their "military industry". Then again, when you have clients such as British colony of Jordan that will buy this crap, why not make it.
            Thank you federate.
            But here again, concerning matador and anti tank mine.
            An anti tank mine by its only blast, sends a 40 tons tank up in the air.
            This thing must weight no more that 15 tons, and yet again: did south africans invent a rubber tire that can survive such a blast?
            Full steel chains of armor do not resist to such a blast, in my knowledge.
            Even if the tank does not blow up, the chain is always destroyed.
            This rubber is harder than steel chain?

Ok, then even assuming they are that resistant. At the end of the day, it will be kind of BTR mine resistant, but having a machine gun in place of the cannon?
            Last edited by Vrej1915; 06-27-2011, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
              24 newly manufactured/upgraded MI-35 Ms have been purchased from Russia, they are in the video. There is also work on modernization of their airfields/Aviation command and control centers.
              They have not received the Mi-35s.
              What you saw in the video are the old Mi-24s that they already have. Some of them were modified by South Africa, thise have a different nose.

I will give a full debrief on the parade soon.

Comment

Is there any information about date of our parade?

Comment

21 September

Comment

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
                    Thank you federate.
                    But here again, concerning matador and anti tank mine.
                    An anti tank mine by its only blast, sends a 40 tons tank up in the air.
                    This thing must weight no more that 15 tons, and yet again: did south africans invent a rubber tire that can survive such a blast?
                    Full steel chains of armor do not resist to such a blast, in my knowledge.
                    Even if the tank does not blow up, the chain is always destroyed.
                    This rubber is harder than steel chain?

Ok, then even assuming they are that resistant. At the end of the day, it will be kind of BTR mine resistant, but having a machine gun in place of the cannon?

According to the company specification it meets STANAG 4569 Level III.

This specification covers (WIKI)
                    NATO AEP-55 STANAG 4569 which is a NATO Standardization Agreement covering the standards for the
                    "Protection Levels for Occupants of Logistic and Light Armored Vehicles".

This seems to refer to primarily antitank mines and passenger survivability.

If its treated as any tank (antitank missile) it would be just as if not more venerable .
                    Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

An other mongol killed.

National Army soldier was killed

Carelessness as the reason for the incident in the Agjabedi

Today the soldier has been killed. N military unit located in the territory of the accident took place in Agjabedi. ANS PRESS regional correspondent of the military unit, according to yesterday at around 19:00 o'clock in the evening there soldier, born 1988, died Shirkhan Akif oglu Iskandarov. Ehtiyatsızlıgı friends as a result of soldiers from the bullet wound on the spot Shirkhan Iskandarov's nahiyyəsindən died.

Late in the day, Excavation was buried in the cemetery.

Note that the fact the investigation has been launched.

Comment

Working...
                      X