Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Comment

And a nice downed azeri air force su 25

Comment

[ 20 Nov 2011 00:01 ]
        Baku - APA. Today is the anniversary of one of the most tragic events of independence history of Azerbaijan.

20 years have passed since Armenian terrorists’ shooting down helicopter MI-8 near Garakend village of Khodjavand region on November 20 in 1991, APA reports.

As a result of the tragedy 22 people- parliamentarian, State Secretary Tofig Ismayilov, Deputy Prime Minister Zulfu Hajiyev, parliamentarian Mahammad Asadov, Prosecutor General Ismat Gayibov, parliamentarians Vagif Jafarov and Vali Mammadov, Department Chief of the President’s Office Osman Mirzoyev, First Deputy Minister of Melioration and Water Supply Gurban Namazaliyev, Prosecutor of Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Region I. Plavsky, head of Administration department of MNS over NKAR S. Vanov, a head of department of Internal Affairs of NKAO V. Kovalev, commandant of the region of state of emergency in NKAR N. Jinkin, Assistant to State Secretary R. Mammadov, employees of Azerbaijan State TV and Radio Ali Mustafayev, Arif Guseynzade and Fakhreddin Shakhbazov, observers from Russian Federation Major-General M. Lukashov and Lieutenant Colonel V.Kocharov, First Deputy Minister of International Affairs of Kazakhstan S. Serikov and three crew members were killed in the helicopter crash in Garakand village, Khojavand.

We remind victims of “Mi-8” helicopter crash took place on November 20, 1991:

-Tofig Ismailov Kazim oglu Secretary of State, Azerbaijan
        -Ismat Gayibov Ismayil oglu Public Prosecutor General, Azerbaijan
        -Mahammad Asadov Nabi oglu State Advisor, Azerbaijan
        -Zulfi Hajiyev Saleh oglu Deputy Prime Minister, Azerbaijan
        -Vagif Jafarov Jafar oglu Member of Parliament, Azerbaijan
        -Vali Mammadov Huseyn oglu Member of Parliament, Azerbaijan
        -Osman Mirzayev Mirza Huseyn oglu Head of Presidential Administration, Azerbaijan
        -Gurban Namazaliyev Huseyn oglu Deputy Prime Minister of --Amelioration and Water Management, Azerbaijan
        -Igor Aleksandrovich Plavski Public Prosecutor of Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Oblast (NKAO), Azerbaijan
        -Vladimir Vladimirovich Kovalyov Head of Ministry of Internal Affairs of NKAO, Azerbaijan
        -Sergey Semyonovich Ivanov Head of department of National Security Ministry, NKAO, Azerbaijan
        -Nikolay Vladimirovich Jinkin Commandant for Emergency Situations of NKAO, Azerbaijan
        -Sanlal Dasumovich Serikov Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs, Kazakhstan
        -Mikhail Dmitriyevich Lukashov MVD, Major General, Russia
        -Oleg Nikolayevich Kocherev MVD, Lieutenant Colonel, Russia
        -Rafig Mammadov Mammad oglu Aide to Secretary of State, Azerbaijan
        -Ali Mustafayev Mustafa oglu Journalist, Azerbaijani State TV[9]
        -Arif Huseynzadeh Ismail oglu Lights technician, Azerbaijani State TV
        -Fakhraddin Shahbazov Ibrahim oglu Cameraman, Azerbaijani State TV
        -Vyacheslav Vladimirovich Kotov Commander of helicopter crew
        -Gennadiy Vladimirovich Domov Member of the helicopter crew
        -Dmitry Borisovich Yarovenko Member of the helicopter crew

Comment

Originally posted by Spetsnaz View Post
          [ 20 Nov 2011 00:01 ]
          Baku - APA. Today is the anniversary of one of the most tragic events of independence history of Azerbaijan.

20 years have passed since Armenian terrorists’ shooting down helicopter MI-8 near Garakend village of Khodjavand region on November 20 in 1991, APA reports.

As a result of the tragedy 22 people- parliamentarian, State Secretary Tofig Ismayilov, Deputy Prime Minister Zulfu Hajiyev, parliamentarian Mahammad Asadov, Prosecutor General Ismat Gayibov, parliamentarians Vagif Jafarov and Vali Mammadov, Department Chief of the President’s Office Osman Mirzoyev, First Deputy Minister of Melioration and Water Supply Gurban Namazaliyev, Prosecutor of Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Region I. Plavsky, head of Administration department of MNS over NKAR S. Vanov, a head of department of Internal Affairs of NKAO V. Kovalev, commandant of the region of state of emergency in NKAR N. Jinkin, Assistant to State Secretary R. Mammadov, employees of Azerbaijan State TV and Radio Ali Mustafayev, Arif Guseynzade and Fakhreddin Shakhbazov, observers from Russian Federation Major-General M. Lukashov and Lieutenant Colonel V.Kocharov, First Deputy Minister of International Affairs of Kazakhstan S. Serikov and three crew members were killed in the helicopter crash in Garakand village, Khojavand.

We remind victims of “Mi-8” helicopter crash took place on November 20, 1991:

-Tofig Ismailov Kazim oglu Secretary of State, Azerbaijan
          -Ismat Gayibov Ismayil oglu Public Prosecutor General, Azerbaijan
          -Mahammad Asadov Nabi oglu State Advisor, Azerbaijan
          -Zulfi Hajiyev Saleh oglu Deputy Prime Minister, Azerbaijan
          -Vagif Jafarov Jafar oglu Member of Parliament, Azerbaijan
          -Vali Mammadov Huseyn oglu Member of Parliament, Azerbaijan
          -Osman Mirzayev Mirza Huseyn oglu Head of Presidential Administration, Azerbaijan
          -Gurban Namazaliyev Huseyn oglu Deputy Prime Minister of --Amelioration and Water Management, Azerbaijan
          -Igor Aleksandrovich Plavski Public Prosecutor of Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Oblast (NKAO), Azerbaijan
          -Vladimir Vladimirovich Kovalyov Head of Ministry of Internal Affairs of NKAO, Azerbaijan
          -Sergey Semyonovich Ivanov Head of department of National Security Ministry, NKAO, Azerbaijan
          -Nikolay Vladimirovich Jinkin Commandant for Emergency Situations of NKAO, Azerbaijan
          -Sanlal Dasumovich Serikov Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs, Kazakhstan
          -Mikhail Dmitriyevich Lukashov MVD, Major General, Russia
          -Oleg Nikolayevich Kocherev MVD, Lieutenant Colonel, Russia
          -Rafig Mammadov Mammad oglu Aide to Secretary of State, Azerbaijan
          -Ali Mustafayev Mustafa oglu Journalist, Azerbaijani State TV[9]
          -Arif Huseynzadeh Ismail oglu Lights technician, Azerbaijani State TV
          -Fakhraddin Shahbazov Ibrahim oglu Cameraman, Azerbaijani State TV
          -Vyacheslav Vladimirovich Kotov Commander of helicopter crew
          -Gennadiy Vladimirovich Domov Member of the helicopter crew
          -Dmitry Borisovich Yarovenko Member of the helicopter crew
          I just read an article about this event on voskanapat

If said son Asadov ...
          It is believed that the dead can not speak ill. Personally, I am on this subject, I have a different view: the dead, if they were bad people have to say that there is. In the edification of the living. People should know that after the death of their black deeds will be remembered. However, now I do not want to speak ill of Magomed Asadov. Not because I do not think it is bad, and certainly not because he was a good man. Just my knowledge of that person for the most part is analytical and mediated. And, nonetheless.

Muhammad Assad was thus the Minister of Internal Affairs of Azerbaijan, which was a special detachment of special police - a bunch of criminals, murderers and cowardly scum. "Special purpose" of the gang of killing civilians, rapes, robberies, riots, cattle rustling. In battle they were not seen, although, admittedly, often have much better equipped military. For this reason, the capture of Azerbaijani OMON, which, incidentally, occurred regularly, always turning into a brand new trophy weapons.

SWAT Azerbaijan has always followed the punitive troops and Defense of the USSR MVD, conducting in Armenian villages "passport checks". Most of all, this peculiarity was manifested during the operation "Ring", when Soviet troops occupied the Armenian village, followed by riot police came in Azerbaijan: rob, kill, burn. In just May - June 1991 so "on watch" method had been destroyed Armenian villages Khanlar 23, Shahumyan, Hadrut and Shusha districts, killing over a hundred peasants, driven from their homes, many thousands of people whose ancestors tens of centuries holili and cherish their country.

OMON cruelty knew no bounds, and very soon the Turks and the words have become almost synonymous with the policeman. In my archive there is a video story of Lieutenant Alexander USSR MVD Bezruchko, in which he tells me about the atrocities committed on the territory of Artsakh Azerbaijani gangs called OMON Azerbaijan. It is easy to understand that riot policemen, in turn, proved to be a gun at the Armenian guerrillas. Also in my possession, there are many videos and pictures of the Azerbaijani OMON, killed our children. And today we can say that it is of Magomed Asadov promoted a new round of hatred.

Today, the son of M. Asadov trying to deceive the reader (citation given to the conservation of vocabulary, spelling and place names of the original): "Prior to November 1991 Armenian separatists could not take no city, no Azerbaijani village. On the contrary, in Shamkir and Goygol regions were active operations to eliminate entrenched in the Azerbaijani villages of Armenian militants. Recall, Chaykendkuyu operation. It was the most successful operation in the recent history of Azerbaijan, which resulted in the destruction of the most powerful gang of Armenians. Without the operation of the territory of Ganja to Yevlakh district would be in danger of occupation. "

In this little passage, a huge pack of lies.

Never before November 1991 or after, until May 1994, the Army of Republic of Artsakh did not release any of the Azerbaijani settlements. In Artsakh such did not exist. This could include only about Armenian, or human Transcaucasian Turks villages and towns. Municipality does not mean the Turks Turkish. But the younger Assad's lying anyway!

At the end of August 1991 were freed from the invaders settlements Erkedzh Shahumyan region, and Buzlukh Manashid, only a couple of months ago, captured parts of the USSR Ministry of Defense and transferred to Azerbaijan. Exemption from these villages has led to flight of the population of the village Transcaucasian Turks Sarysu village.

October 30 has been cleared ancient Armenian village of Tor Hadrut and its Turkic-speaking population fled after the battalion of the Azerbaijani OMON. On the same day, without any clashes, fled Turkic population is near the village of Toga Salakatyn.

November 15, 1991 Armenian troops from Azerbaijani OMON cleared huge subdistrict in Hadrut region, including the village of Sarin Shen, Tsor and turned into a fortress area repeater towers. I emphasize that the TV tower was located above the prevailing height of Hadrut, and riot policemen on a daily basis, "amused" by the fact that killing civilians of the village.

As for "the most successful operations in modern history of Azerbaijan" - the occupation of Armenian villages and Getashen Martunashen - it was conducted exclusively by MVD of the USSR and subdivisions 23rd Division, USSR Ministry of Defense, under the command of Baku has sold with giblets Colonel Budeykin. SWAT Azerbaijan, cowardly awaiting the capture of Armenian villages, entered the village after the termination of Defense in order to rob, kill and burn. Probably, in particular little world this is called the Caucasian Turks prowess, the rest of humanity calls such behavior otherwise. Finally, it should be noted that since the end of 1988 in the district Shamkhor Armenians did not have, and it remains unknown, against whom there were active transactions.

But back to November 1991. On the night of November 15, began Sarinshenskaya operation was coordinated by the author of these lines. Towards evening, when the operation is completed, and had to destroy some refuge in the towers riot police to the location of the border in Hadrut flew two military helicopters. Some time later I was called by the chairman of the executive committee of the village and E. Navasardyan told me that he wants to meet the military commandant of the special situation of the area (read Artsakh) General Zhinkin. Navasardian also reported that the helicopter flew a large number of Azerbaijani officials and about a dozen riot police. Immediately after the bell rang again Navasardian phone, it was General Zhinkin. "I want to talk to someone from your leaders," - he said. "Now come," - I replied.

After a while I was standing at the checkpoint. A soldier who had been warned that the coming of "one of the militants," bewildered look on the machine on my shoulder. Then quickly ran the report. Without waiting for an answer, I followed him and entered into an oblong room with a long table, which sat at the head of the General. The appearance of an armed "militant" truly shocked people in the room.

- Who are you? - Finally asked the general.

- Levon Melik-Shahnazaryan Grantovich - I handed him the certificate.

- Sit down, - the general replied.

At this point, Secretary of State of Azerbaijan, brylasty Tofig Ismailov, squealed unexpectedly high female soprano: "Arrest him! Arrest him! "

However Zhinkin did not think to carry out his request, though I must admit that it would be difficult to do. In addition to lying on a table charged machine outside my hedging group experienced fighters, led by Manvel Grigoryan. I will also mention that in the room, except for E. Navasardian, was also arrived with a delegation of Oleg Yesayan, now ambassador to Armenia in Russia. The presence of friends, supporters were cheering factor.

Was there, and M. Assad, who for three hours of negotiations, it seems, and has not opened his mouth. From the Azerbaijani side in the main noise Deputy Minister of Land Reclamation and member of the President's Council Namazaliyev K. and T. Ismailov. Around the middle of negotiations with us for a short time joined Ter-Tadevosyan, whose jacket was removed under a "forgotten" automaton. Having demonstrated the presence among us, a professional military man, complaining that "run, shoot, kill, in general, not good business deal," Arkady returned to finish surrounded by riot police. I continued to negotiate on the basis of which we have reached a compromise: the survivors shall riot policemen, and we got a trophy of their arms, frightened to death pass askerchikov the Soviet military. As a result, our arsenal of guns filled with family - unheard of at that time the number of weapons, and the happy riot policemen were released back home, forgetting to take with corpses colleagues.

Three days later, on November 18, Muhammad Assad was dismissed. It is difficult to judge what was the reason for his resignation, but I think we can not exclude that the occasion was the release of two weeks to three villages and the shameful defeat of OMON from poorly-armed Armenian soldiers. Perhaps Assad guessed about his fate, and his depressed appearance was due to just that. Whatever it was, son of the former statement of Minister of Internal Affairs of Azerbaijan, during his father that the Armenians were not successful, not true.

Finally, a helicopter shot down on November 20. It was almost all the people with whom negotiations were held on November 15. Armenians have made no sense to knock it. At least for the reason that the helicopter was Nikolai V. Zhinkin, the first and last objective the military commander of Artsakh. It may sound harsh, but all died in a helicopter Azerbaijani government officials in our eyes is not worth his little finger and the general Zhinkin. Yes, if we were granted the opportunity, the same Assad would be destroyed. But ...

The remarkable fact: the delegation arrived in Baku, with the exception of one man, is a team of Azerbaijani President Mutalibov. Is not it strange that it was this man, one of the leaders of the Popular Front of Azerbaijan, was not in the downed helicopter? This man - Abulfaz Karaev - now the Minister of Culture of Azerbaijan, one of the leading staff of the Popular Front, hold public office. It is also interesting that Mr. Karaev was for many years at a respectful distance from Baku - Azerbaijan served as ambassador to China. Let me remind you that on 20 November was the beginning of the end of the power Mutalibov era which ended with the tragedy of those killed in the suburb of Aghdam (Akna) of Khojaly.

Azerbaijan was an internal political struggle. The fight, in which the parties do not stop before any meanness. And the cohort of Azerbaijani ministers and MPs, as well as residents of Khojaly, a victim of this struggle. It appears that the son Magomedov Asadov adequately informed about this fight, and this circumstance compelled him to remain silent for twenty years.

The article has been translate from Russian to English but from what i could understand it sounds like the Azeris mightve shot the plane down as the Armenians had no reason to. Just like khojaly azeris shot the plane down to blame Armenia.

And according to this article the plane crashed into a mountain.

PILOT ERROR OR SABOTAGE?

Author: V. Belykh

PILOT ERROR OR SABOTAGE? (By V. Belykh. Izvestia, Nov. 21, p. 7. Complete text On Nov. 20, a helicopter of the internal troops of the USSR Ministry of Internal Affairs crashed in Azerbaidzhan. The tragedy occurred at 4:30 p.m., three kilometers from the village of Karakend in Martuni District. Twenty-one people were killed. ... According to eyewitness reports, the MI-8 was flying at a low altitude when it entered an area of thick fog and slammed into a 700-meter-high mountain. The crash scattered wreckage and passengers' remains over a huge area...

the whole article costs $8 if anyone wants to read it.
          Last edited by ninetoyadome; 11-20-2011, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post

the whole article costs $8 if anyone wants to read it.
            thanks for interesting read. Most important thing is these scum are dead. Soviets were always trying to fsck us over from end of WW1 until their last days. Good riddance.
            Last edited by arakeretzig; 11-20-2011, 02:44 AM.

Comment

RIP.

2nd soldier in 2 days. This calls for full-force revenge.

Comment

Damn!

Նոյեմբեր 20, 2011 | 20:10

Նոյեմբերի 20-ին ժամը 08:50-ի սահմաններում հարավարեւելյան ուղղությամբ տեղակայված զորամասերից մեկի պահպանության տեղամասի մարտական դիրքում (Կուրոպատկինոյի ուղղություն) ծառայողական պարտականությունները կատարելու ժամանակ հակառակորդի կողմից արձակված գնդակից կրծքավանդակի շրջանում ստանալով հրազենային մահացու վիրավորում, զոհվել է ՊԲ ժամկետային զինծառայող, 19-ամյա Միհրան Արմենի Մարգարյանը:

ԼՂՀ ՊԲ Լրատվության եւ քարոզչության բաժնից հայտնում են, որ առաջնային գծում տեղի ունեցած մահվան ելքով հերթական միջադեպը կրկին հաստատում է, որ ադրբեջանական կողմը ոչ միայն չի հարգում հակամարտության խաղաղ կարգավորմանն ուղղված միջազգային ջանքերը, այլեւ նպատակային քայլեր է իրականացնում տարածաշրջանային լարվածությունը խորացնելու ուղղությամբ: Հանգամանք, որը ղարաբաղյան կողմին ստիպում է իր հետագա գործողություններում լինել առավել կոշտ, իսկ պատասխաններում` համարժեք:

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
                  http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/news/84332/

RIP.

2nd soldier in 2 days. This calls for full-force revenge.
                  They were both born in 1992....the year the strategic town of Shushi was finally secured by Armenian forces.

Rest in Peace

Mihran Margaryan
                  Armen Simonyan
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

if the aliyev regime wants death for his people, then death shall he recieve, we have to remind the azeri population that even one armenian is too many.

Comment

The best defense is the best offense.

[ 21 Nov 2011 10:10 ]

Baku – APA. On November 20, the units of Armenian Armed Forces fired on the opposite positions of Azerbaijani Army from their posts near Mehdili village of Jabrayil region between 23.40 and 23.45, from their posts near Ashagi Abdurrahmanli and Garakhanbeyli villages of Fuzuli region between 21.00 and 21.10, on November 21, between 00.47 and 00.57, from their posts near Kuropatkino village of Khojavend region between 01.00 and 01.05.

Defense Ministry’s press service told APA that the enemy was silenced by response fire.

[ 21 Nov 2011 16:05 ]
                      “Simply, when the ceasefire is violated every time, the opposite side is answered with a reprisal fire. It was always and will be so”

Baku – APA. “We are loyal to the ceasefire agreement and never violate the ceasefire first. Simply, when the ceasefire is violated every time, the opposite side is answered with a reprisal fire. It was always and will be so. They mustn’t fire in order to be answered. As regards the death of Armenian serviceman, it would be better for Armenians to investigate the incidents occurred between themselves, and not to cast the blame on Azerbaijan.”, Spokesman for the Azerbaijan Defense Ministry, Captain Teymur Abdullayev told APA commenting on statement of Spokesman for Armenian Defense Ministry D. Karapetyan.

In his statement given on the death of two Armenian servicemen as a result of ceasefire violation, Karapetyan said that Azerbaijan hadn’t drawn a lesson from the previous gambles, last year’s adventures, and the worthy answer will be given because of death of Armenian soldiers.

Abdullayev noted that nobody can give a lesson to Azerbaijani Army: “On the contrary, Azerbaijani Army is able to give a lesson to the enemy anytime in any condition. What do they mean saying the adventures of the last year, it is incomprehensible. The most rememberable and large incident of the last year was concerned with Mubariz Ibrahimov, everybody knows what our hero did that time”.

Comment

Working...
                      X