Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

The first thing we need to do if attacked is retake all of Shahumyan and drive them out of there:

Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by HyeFighter2 View Post
      Mos, we was able to attack baku in 93-94x why we turned back? becuz of politians, if its will be war than we'll show them,we got some super thinks, but russia wil't let to start war
      It's because of traitor politicans like Levon that we didn't pursue them. If Kocharian was President we would have rightfully flattened that country so they know the price to pay when they attempt to exterminate us. What a bad president to have had during such a time. If Azerbaijan makes Russia mad enough, they will give us a green light in such scenario.

Originally posted by Spetsnaz View Post
      Mos this is not a possible attack..They cant attack from Naxijevan since they will lose Naxijevan too...because any attack from Naxijevan will be opposed to Armenia and not Karabakh..and another reason that yhey wont attack from Naxijevan is the fear of losing it since its the only border connected with Turkey and if they lose it they will be totally destroyed..maybe the economic situations are too bad in there but its an important geographic place for them..they wont be mistaken in that case.
      You're right, but they lay claim to Syunik, so who knows what they may do. We need to be prepared for any situation.
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

This seems to be acurate from Wiki.

Nakhchivan became a scene of conflict during the Nagorno-Karabakh War. On May 4, 1992, Armenian forces shelled the raion of Sadarak.[61][62][63] The Armenians claimed that the attack was in response to cross-border shelling of Armenian villages by Azeri forces from Nakhchivan.[64][65] David Zadoyan, a 42-year-old Armenian physicist and mayor of the region said that the Armenians lost patience after months of firing by the Azeris. "If they were sitting on our hilltops and harassing us with gunfire, what do you think our response should be?" he asked.[66] The government of Nakhchivan denied these charges and instead asserted that the Armenian assault was unprovoked and specifically targeted the site of a bridge between Turkey and Nakhchivan.[65] "The Armenians do not react to diplomatic pressure," Nakhchivan foreign minister Rza Ibadov told the ITAR-Tass news agency, "It's vital to speak to them in a language they understand." Speaking to the agency from the Turkish capital Ankara, Ibadov said that Armenia's aim in the region was to seize control of Nakhchivan.[67] According to Human Rights Watch, hostilities broke out after three people were killed when Armenian forces began shelling the region.[68]

The heaviest fighting took place on May 18, when the Armenians captured Nakhchivan's exclave of Karki, a tiny territory through which Armenia's main North-South highway passes. The exclave presently remains under Armenian control.[69] After the fall of Shusha, the Mütallibov government of Azerbaijan accused Armenia of moving to take the whole of Nakhchivan (a claim that was denied by Armenian government officials). However, Heydar Aliyev declared a unilateral ceasefire on May 23 and sought to conclude a separate peace with Armenia. Armenian President Levon Ter-Petrossian expressed his willingness to sign a cooperation treaty with Nakhchivan to end the fighting and subsequently a cease-fire was agreed upon.[68]

The conflict in the area caused a harsh reaction from Turkey, which together with Russia is a guarantor of Nakhchivan's status in accordance with the Treaty of Kars. Turkish Prime Minister Tansu Çiller announced that any Armenian advance on the main territory of Nakhchivan would result in a declaration of war against Armenia. Russian military leaders declared that "third party intervention into the dispute could trigger a Third World War." Thousands of Turkish troops were sent to the border between Turkey and Armenia in early September. Russian military forces in Armenia countered their movements by increasing troop levels along the Armenian-Turkish frontier and bolstering defenses in a tense period where war between the two seemed inevitable.[70] Iran also reacted to Armenia's attacks by conducting military maneuvers along its border with Nakhchivan in a move widely interpreted as a warning to Armenia.[71] However, Armenia did not launch any further attacks on Nakhchivan and the presence of Russia's military warded off any possibility that Turkey might play a military role in the conflict.[70] After a period of political instability, the parliament of Azerbaijan turned to Heydar Aliyev and invited him to return from exile in Nakhchivan to lead the country in 1993.

B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
          It's because of traitor politicans like Levon that we didn't pursue them. If Kocharian was President we would have rightfully flattened that country so they know the price to pay when they attempt to exterminate us. What a bad president to have had during such a time. If Azerbaijan makes Russia mad enough, they will give us a green light in such scenario.

what?kocharyan??? hahaha kocharyan and sargsyan are russia's men, they have no interesses in country but money, lets dont talk about our 3 devil prezidents, levon is bigest devil,xxxish devil!

Comment

Originally posted by AstalaVist View Post
            Sounds really interesting.. most likely we are continue getting mil-24's from Russia.
            no i think we got that new russian training jet yak 133 if i right,

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
              Do you have any updates or recent news on the on the economic and demographic situation in Nakhichevan? Two years ago Federate posted an article (http://forum.hyeclub.com/showthread....12-Nakhichevan ) discussing the demographic situation: about there was influx of Kurds. Does anyone have any updates on this or anything else from a credible source
              Yes Mher,
              Actually i follow several(10-12)sites magazines newspapers..and i follow the news day by day..the last update i read about naxijevan was from a magazine(in October 2011)...there was written that the last 10 years the population of Naxijevan decreased from 350,000 to 125,000 because of the bad economic and internal situations..Vasif Talibov is putting his laws in there,his not following Azerbaijan's policies even his not following to the rules of Aliev and all the government in nxijevan consists of his people..they are putting high taxation..so the citizen can't afford to live so they are immigrating to turkey and the flow continues..i don't remember the exact year but it was in 90's azerbeijan traded small area near heydarabad(northwest naxijevan)with Iran to have a border with turkey..actually turkey didn't have a border with naxijevan..I'm referring to this since the 1st post that the child posted was asking "I was wondering what's the point of Azerbaijan having Nakhichevan? I mean clearly in the map you can see Azerbaijan has no access to it." so this is the answer...its the only border connecting Azerbaijan with Turkey.

You're right, but they lay claim to Syunik, so who knows what they may do. We need to be prepared for any situation.
              Mos,
              Do you know that Armenia-Iran border is under control or Russian soldiers and not Armenian?
              Azerbaijan cant attack on Syunik my friend unless they want to have war with Russians.
              I'm not a military expert yet...but I've been following the news for the last 10 years..not only Armenian-Azerbaijan news but whole global military and economic situations around the world since this is my profession.
              Last edited by Spetsnaz; 01-22-2012, 02:07 PM.

Comment

More about Naxijevan...

Բաքվում ընդդիմություն է ձեւավորվում «Նախիջեւանի խան»-ի դեմ

Հունվար 21, 2012 | 13:12

Ադրբեջանի Նախիջեւանի ինքնավար հանրապետության Գերագույն խորհրդի նախագահ, «Նախիջեւանի խան» մականունով հայտնի Վասիֆ Թալիբովի դեմ ուժեղ ընդդիմություն է առաջացել ոչ միայն Նախիջեւանի ներսում, այլ նաեւ Բաքվի իշխանական ուժերի շրջանում: Այդ մասին հաղորդում է ադրբեջանական «Պոլիգոն» գործակալությունը` վկայակոչելով ներիշխանական հավաստի աղբյուրները:

Աղբյուրը հայտնում է, որ Նախիջեւանում ապրող քաղաքացիները իրենց մոլախոտ են զգում ինքնավար հանրապետությունում, քանի որ այնպեղ արդարություն եւ օրենք չկա: Վասիֆ Թալիբովն իրականացնում է իր բռնապետական քաղաքականությունը: Բաքվում նրա դեմ հզոր ընդդիմություն է ձեւավորվել, որի շարքում ընդգրկվել են կառավարության ներկայացուցիչներ եւ նույնիսկ օլիգարխներ: Բանն այն է, որ «Նախիջեւանի խանը» այնքան էլ «չափերն անցել», որ Բաքվի կառավարության որոշ ներկայացուցիչների արգելել է մտնել Նախիջեւան:

«Իրականում Բաքվի ազդեցիկ դեմքերի համար Նախիջեւանում Թալիբովի դեմ ելույթներ կազմակերպելը խնդիր չէ, սակայն Բաքվի իշխանությունները մտավախություն ունեն, որ կայծը գցելու դեպքում, այն կարող է հրդեհի վերածվել` սպառնալով իրենց իսկ դիրքերին»,-եզրափակում է «Պոլիգոնը»:

Վերջին շրջանում ադրբեջանական մամուլում հաճախ են շրջանառվում Նախիջեւանի ինքնավար հանրապետության կողմից Բաքվի իշխանություններին անտեսելու, նրանց հետ հաշվի չնստելու վերաբերյալ հրապարակումները:

Ավելին, վերջին շրջանում Նախիջեւան մեկնած բաքվեցիներին պարզապես վռնդում են ինքնավար հանրապետությունից, ինչպես դա տեղի ունեցավ Նախիջեւան ուղեւորված բաքվեցի լրագրողների եւ իրավապաշտպանների հետ:

news.am

Comment

Is that why Stepanakert also signed the ceasefire? Do you what kind of logistics is needed to attack the rest of Azerbaijan? There is a reason why the war was ended when it ended, because the people at the top who were seeing the full picture and it wasn't only politicians but also high ranking officers on both sides who decided to call a ceasefire and go to the negotiation table.

How would he flatten the country? How would he drag his warriors that are used to fighting mostly in the mountains to the flat lands were the numbers and strength of arms play a bigger role? In 1994 both forces reached a point were neither could make any move without losing half of its army and maybe even the war. Azerbaijan and its leadership was realising that an other attack against Artsakh would mean the lose of even more men and armaments and Alijev knew that if the war wasn't stopped that there was a chance of a coup against him. The Armenian side knew that it didn't have the logistics or man power to push forward and attack Azerbaijan in its heartlands.
                  Artsakh and its population had lived in a state of war for more than 6 years and the economical situation of Armenia was worsening with every passing day.

I am so tired that people are looking at everything on such a simplistic way. Do you really think Levon alone had the power to stop the war?

Comment

Yes Mher,
                    Actually i follow several(10-12)sites magazines newspapers..and i follow the news day by day..the last update i read about naxijevan was from a magazine(in October 2011)...there was written that the last 10 years the population of Naxijevan decreased from 350,000 to 125,000 because of the bad economic and internal situations..Vasif Talibov is putting his laws in there,his not following Azerbaijan's policies even his not following to the rules of Aliev and all the government in nxijevan consists of his people..they are putting high taxation..so the citizen can't afford to live so they are immigrating to turkey and the flow continues..i don't remember the exact year but it was in 90's azerbeijan traded small area near heydarabad(northwest naxijevan)with Iran to have a border with turkey..actually turkey didn't have a border with naxijevan..I'm referring to this since the 1st post that the child posted was asking "I was wondering what's the point of Azerbaijan having Nakhichevan? I mean clearly in the map you can see Azerbaijan has no access to it." so this is the answer...its the only border connecting Azerbaijan with Turkey.
                    Thanks for the update. I know a decent amount about the current affairs/politics/economics of Azerbaijan proper itself, but not as much about Nakhichevan. I know most of the historic facts of Nakhichevan, but nothing about current affairs because there is such a blackout. Anytime I try to do a search I only come up with Azeri written propaganda with distorted numbers, thats why I was interested. The only "source" I had found was Wikipedia which has completely BS facts:
                    • As of 2009, Nakhchivan's population was estimated to be 398,000
                    • Nakhchivan has fairly good economic conditions: The Ministry of Finance of Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic announced on the outset of 2011 with the official bulletin of Nakhchivan Sharg Gapisi (Şərq Qapısı) that Gross Domestic Product of Nakhchivan in 2010 was $2.572 billion by nominal terms and $4.357 billion by the terms of Purchasing Power Parity
                    • taking into account that the mean population of the Autonomous Republic on January 1 and December 31, 2010 was 402,639 we conclude that the GDP (PPP) per capita for 2010 is $10,821
                    • Using these, Income Index in Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic in 2010 was 0.6245, Life Expectancy Index was 0.85, while Education Index was 0.946, making the Human Development Index 0.807

Do you go anywhere in particular to get info on nakhichevan, or just the regular main news sites?

It would be good to know what the current Kurdish population is too. I think a Kurdish majority, or significant minority, is our best chance of ever retaking it

Comment

Mos,
                      Do you know that Armenia-Iran border is under control or Russian soldiers and not Armenian?
                      Azerbaijan cant attack on Syunik my friend unless they want to have war with Russians.
                      I'm not a military expert yet...but I've been following the news for the last 10 years..not only Armenian-Azerbaijan news but whole global military and economic situations around the world since this is my profession.
                      If a war starts the war will be confined in Artsakh because Azerbaijan will never be that crazy to attack Armenia, especially not from Nakhijevan. Such a move would give Armenia and Russia the casus beli to attack Nakhijevan without a Turkish response. Azerbaijan would not only lose Artsakh, drag Russia into a war but would also lose its only border with Turkey its closest ally.

Comment

Working...
                      X