Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Ոստիկանության զրահամեքենան վաճառե՞լ են
    06 Մարտի 2012 - 09:40

«Իրավունք» թերթը «Բամբասանք» խորագրի ներքո գրում է.
    Ըստ ստացվող լուրերի, օրերս քրեական գործ է հարուցվել Ներքին զորքերի հրամանատարի տեղակալներից մեկի վրա: Բանն այն է, որ Ներքին զորքերից վաճառվել են մեծ քանակությամբ զենք և զինամթերք, անգամ տանկի շարժիչներ և, նույնիսկ, մի ամբողջ հետևակի մարտական մեքենա` սարքին վիճակում: Հայտնի է, որ տանկերի շարժիչներն օգտագործում են գազալիցքավորման կայարաններում: Սպասվում է, որ օրերս գործը կհասնի Ներքին զորքերի հրամանատար գեներալ Գ. Գաբրիելյանին (մականունը` Գել): Իսկապես դժվար է պատկերացնել, որ այդքան մեծածավալ դուրսգրումներն ու վաճառքները կարող էին իրականացնել առանց Ներքին զորքերի հրամանատարի թույլտվության:

HayNews.am

Comment

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
      Ոստիկանության զրահամեքենան վաճառե՞լ են
      06 Մարտի 2012 - 09:40

«Իրավունք» թերթը «Բամբասանք» խորագրի ներքո գրում է.
      Ըստ ստացվող լուրերի, օրերս քրեական գործ է հարուցվել Ներքին զորքերի հրամանատարի տեղակալներից մեկի վրա: Բանն այն է, որ Ներքին զորքերից վաճառվել են մեծ քանակությամբ զենք և զինամթերք, անգամ տանկի շարժիչներ և, նույնիսկ, մի ամբողջ հետևակի մարտական մեքենա` սարքին վիճակում: Հայտնի է, որ տանկերի շարժիչներն օգտագործում են գազալիցքավորման կայարաններում: Սպասվում է, որ օրերս գործը կհասնի Ներքին զորքերի հրամանատար գեներալ Գ. Գաբրիելյանին (մականունը` Գել): Իսկապես դժվար է պատկերացնել, որ այդքան մեծածավալ դուրսգրումներն ու վաճառքները կարող էին իրականացնել առանց Ներքին զորքերի հրամանատարի թույլտվության:

HayNews.am
      but hey, as long as some ppl made some money, who cares right? wanna bet this investigation will be dropped for lack of evidence?

Comment

we need to get this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Le4bJspzVAY

Comment

Armenian Army

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
            You are assuming a number of things.

1) That Georgia will be able to afford the program.

2) That Armenia is not moving forward with its own military industrial complex.

3) That the quality of the Georgian made armaments is good.

I think those are major assumptions and ones that you shouldn't make.

I realize there is much we do not know (much that is surely classified) and I'm certain Armenia is very intent on procuring new weapons and updating existing systems, training, and developing domestic production of arms but what I'm wary of is to total reliance on Russia. Armenia is prohibited from purchasing from NATO members but why not buy weapons from say India as well. They often use updated systems, some even to NATO standards or modified Russian equipment. It will also bring Armenia and India closer strategically. Armenia did buy from China in 1998. It is good to diversify within reason. Yet the problem right now is that the rail lines through Georgia are closed to military delivery hence the increase in flights from Rostov. This method of is costly and negates bringing in large shipments on a timely basis. Maybe this is the only way to import weapons? Perhaps Armenia is truly dependent on Russia for arms due to geo-politics and pricing. Still it would be nice to buy from South Africa, Israel, China, India, etc. It will expand Armenia ties and provide a dual mechanism to make the Azeris wary and their current relations with those states uncertain (a la Sun Tzu)

At the same time, I see no reason why Armenia cannot develop domestic production of mortars, rockets, anti-tank weapons, mines, artillery, air defense systems etc for use in the Armenian army with eventual export (which would be a great source of tax revenue, jobs, etc). Armenia will need to become more self sufficient for its defensive needs. I realize they might be far away from producing offensive weapons such as tanks, APCs, etc.

I just hope that the new military agreements with Russia sincerely mean that the Russians will not just solely provide Armenia with arms (seems they provide Armenia with a minimum/just enough) but also a means to co-develop/joint-venture in Armenia. Georgia is no doubt receiving help from NATO and Armenia needs to be provided the same impetus from Russia. I hope what Armenia has with Russia develops into a true partnership and not just a case of Russia throwing a a few weapons to Armenia every now and then; I realize the relationship is asymmetrical. Also, we know that Armenia has a capable but very small air force and I realize that it is more cost effective for Armenia to focus on air defense (also considering Armenia will be the defender and not the aggressor in a new war), still what Armenia has received from Russia is paltry. I truly hope they receive more jets and helicopters.
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
              http://cast.ru/files/The_Tanks_of_August_sm_eng.pdf

The air war section is the best summary I have yet seen.
              that's best detailed piece on 2008 war ever, cheers. Also it got me into wondering, could russians have taken the SPYDER air-defense system? the paper says it "could" have been taken, so it's anybody's guess...

Comment

Two servicemen were engaged in reconnaissance activity in Azerbaijan last year

[ 06 Mar 2012 18:40 ]
                Baku. Hafiz Heydarov – APA. Two military servicemen were engaged in clandestine reconnaissance activity in Azerbaijan last year in accordance with tasks of foreign intelligence agencies, says the report of Azerbaijani government presented to Parliament, APA reports.

The report says that the criminal case has been launched on 2 military servicemen, on Criminal Code’s article of betrayal of Motherland, who were engaged in clandestine reconnaissance activity in Azerbaijan by the tasks of foreign intelligence agencies as a result of measures taken by the Ministry of National Security. Besides, the threats directed against republic, its political, military and economic interests, provocations and infringement intentions and other strategically important information were obtained on time.
                apa.az

Comment

Corpse of State Border Service’s officer found

[ 05 Mar 2012 11:29 ]
                  Baku. Hafiz Heydarov – APA. An officer of the State Border Service died under unknown circumstances.

Surakhani District Prosecutor’s Office told APA that a corpse of 35-years-old Ilgar Guluzadeh was found in Surakhani district, Zigh settlement Khanlar street 15. The reasons of the death are being investigated.

Guluzadeh was lieutenant of the State Border Service.
                  apa.az

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
                    first we need to get patriotic president like Vazgen, not like that 3 donkeys that we got wich sold our land, have you ever thinkt who are georgians? the stupidest ppl in soviet union (ps. thats not me saying it,it was old armenians that was talkin bout georgians so) so they can make cool thinks when our soldiers got only old russian kalashnikovs? iam tierd of all,i want my country to be best, first of all we need to get out from that russian dirty occupation!

Comment

Originally posted by HyeFighter2 View Post
                      first we need to get patriotic president like Vazgen, not like that 3 donkeys that we got wich sold our land, have you ever thinkt who are georgians? the stupidest ppl in soviet union (ps. thats not me saying it,it was old armenians that was talkin bout georgians so) so they can make cool thinks when our soldiers got only old russian kalashnikovs? iam tierd of all,i want my country to be best, first of all we need to get out from that russian dirty occupation!
                      dirty Russian occupation?
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---
                      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Working...
                      X