Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

A rose revolution in Armenia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1 - We can't do much versus foreign investment in azeri oil except finding an industry where we can excel. As for refugees, I think Armenia has the highest (or second highest) refugee rate in the world, so it has had an impact on us too.
    I do not fear a war by Azerbaidjan. The Aliyev clan has too much to lose, and would rather just sit there and rake in the billions. Only good thing about major foreign investments now is that the money won't go to making the country any stronger. It'll just be the same corrupt officials getting richer.
    Also, starting a war might get Azerbaidjan (or Armenia, or both) expulsed from the council of Europe, and nobody wishes that to happen.

#2 - We can only hope that our relations with Georgia will strengthen. As I've said, we shouldn't trust the Geogians, but given the choice between Georgia and Turkey... AND WHY ARE WE NOT EXPANDING OUR TIES WITH IRAN? Reputation or not, this country has been one of our strongest allies these last years. A route through Iran can open Armenia to many many new destinations.

#3 - Once again, it's up to the new georgian government. With Saakashvili being armenian and all, who knows? They have already promised a huuuuge decrease in taxes on products coming to and leaving Armenia through Georgia.

#4 - We can only pray that instead of xxxxxing, the Europeans would do something to either ensure Medzamor's safety, or help us find another source of power. I did read an article about some Japanese company that will be investing in some energy source in Armenia. I can't recall what it was about. But until a new source is found, Medzamor must keep running. I hadn't heard about the security thing you said. I have always read that security was always top notch, and it's obviously not a sector where the government can cut money from.

#5 - Downright scary. America should just stay out. Russia's eventual reaction and the effects it can have on Armenia are too much of a mystery too even dare to think about. We can just hope for the best......

#6 - Damn those Armentel greeks. And our government has FINALLY decided to take some action. Many suits going on now, each side suing the other one. We can only hope that Armenia will get the better end of it. Even if it doesn't, we are at least sure that the Armentel folk are leaving for good. Their internet prices are just crazy. For a country which has good potential in IT, better telecommunications is an absolute MUST.

Well, I wrote this in my shirt, suit tie and boxers (pants are being ironed), so I will drink a toast for Armenia tonight, and for all Armenians everywhere. May better days await us in 2004!

Comment

about saakashvilli being Armenian, i have to say that i doubt that. and even if he was dont expect him to play to the Armenians because he is trying to convince the Georgians he isnt Armenian and in the process it is very unlikely that he will take a too favorable position with the Armenians because then that would raise suspicions in Georgia even more about his ethnicity. Zurab Zhvania has admitted that he is half Armenian and people also are saying that Burjandze is Armenian but who the hell knows. that would be hilarious if the top 3 people running Georgia turned out to be Armenian.

Comment

Ya i heard the top two people running for the Georgian presidency are half armenian or something, and they both are proud that they are. Imagine 3 of the 4 caucus presidents are armenian that would be great lol.

Comment

Thing I heard about Saakashvili was that his name is actually rived from Sahak, which would make sense. But then again, as you said, with so many rumours going around, who knows what to believe?

These new georgian guys remind me somewhat of the young charismatic armenians we had back in the late 80s, early 90s.. Ter Petrosyan, Sarkisian, Sirateghyan, yevayln. These guys really did have something going for them...sigh..

Comment

Also, it will be interesting to see how Saakashvili et al will act vis-à-vis Moscow. They are clearly very pro-American, but will they try to at least conciliate a little with Russia?

I fear they might turn out to be mere puppets of the US foreign policy.

Comment

Originally posted by dstyle Ya i heard the top two people running for the Georgian presidency are half armenian or something, and they both are proud that they are. Imagine 3 of the 4 caucus presidents are armenian that would be great lol.
              the opposition are claiming he is, but he saying he definately is not, not much pride there...

Comment

Working...
              X