Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
    This is again just a story, without mentioning concrete solutions, just saying ''Armenia must be strong'', ''Armenia must be dependent'', '"Armenia must be mighty'' bullxxxx.

we must think of HOW CAN WE ACQUIRE AS MUCH BENEFITS OF HAVING RUSSIA AS AN STRATEGIG ALLY..
    I told you what my option would be…and that is to ask Russia to help us upgrade our Airforce instead increasing their presence in Armenia and flooding us with weapons.
    It is paranoid Armenians like you who give other nations ammo to xxxx with Armenia. You are so blinded and scared that you would do anything Russians tell you like a good little boy. You say we must think of HOW CAN WE ACQUIRE AS MUCH BENEFITS OF HAVING RUSSIA AS AN STRATEGIG ALLY but you suggest the opposite. We are not playing smart and our destiny IS in our hands….we do have a choice contrary to what you believe, it is bullxxxx to think otherwise.
    Smart politics? Ha, what a joke. More like bend over baby. At least hrai makes sense. And you think you know more about Kemalists and Islamists that I butt heads with on daily routine? You are very naïve if you think Russian Armenian relations will ever be anything like USA Israel relations.

Remember this fact guys. With or without Armenia Russia and Iran will not stand for Turkey to expand eastwards toward Azerbaijan and become more powerful.

Hey hrai, I bet you Russia was trying to push for this extension a while back but Armenian leadership refused. This is why they are threatening Armenia with the S-300 sells to Azerbaijan to force our leaders to comply. It worked. Now Russians say that they will fight the next Artsakh war if it comes. Just xxxxing great hey…We can move all our troops from all borders and have them ready to fight as foot soldiers for Russia's next adventure@#$%^*&^$%#$
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Russia is no longer a "Security Threat" to Turkey

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, left, meeting with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in Ankara on May 12, 2010

23/08/2010

Turkey will strike four countries, including Russia, from its list of external security threats in a bid to revise the country's national security strategy, national media reported on Monday.

The new national security strategy, the draft of which is to be considered at a National Security Council meeting in October, excludes Russia, Greece, Iran and Iraq from the so-called Red Book - a national security policy document - as "principal external threats," the Milliyet daily said.

Turkey regards international terrorism and fundamentalism as its main external threats.

Ankara has been closely cooperating with the four former "security threats" in recent years and now regards them as its new partners.

Turkey's relations with Russia have greatly improved since Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's Party of Justice and Development came to power in 2002.

The draft strategy highlights close bilateral economic cooperation with Russia, good potential in trade and energy, and "a shared vision of stability in the Caucasus."
      ANKARA, August 23 (RIA Novosti)
      Turkey will strike four countries, including Russia, from its list of external security threats in a bid to revise the country's national security strategy, national media reported on Monday.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

"we do have a choice contrary to what you believe"
        I wonder what choice you are talking about? Perhaps you can elaborate?
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          "we do have a choice contrary to what you believe"
          I wonder what choice you are talking about? Perhaps you can elaborate?
          How the hell do I know, our leaders know the ground facts, but in life there is always a choice. How about the Armenian government recognize Artsakh as a part of Armenian nation or as its own an independent state, something..anything.

Wait, for all we know that could be part of the deal.....for Russia to recognize NKR and send peace keepers into the region.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Eddo

Do you really think that Russia trusts the Turks , how many wars have they had in history the Russian have not forgotten nor have the Turks forgotten and right now its just business .
            Russia is the only friend with power that Armenia has .
            I'm not saying let the Russians fight your battles that has to be done by us but if they are willing to help why not its win win for both.

Comment

jgk3 deletes my posts in my thread, too. Good for you! I guess this is the kind of super-democracy he and his supporters advocate. He suggests discussing things privately/secretly. I refuse it, I have nothing to conceal from others.
              Last edited by gegev; 08-24-2010, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Eddo when your dealing with the fate of the nation you cant choose a choice that doesnt exist. Sure there may be other choices then Russia but those only lead to suicide therefore there are no other choices. For all the Russian bashing there has never, not even once been proposed a workable, realistic alternative by anyone here. Considering this fact the whole Russia bashing thing is nothing but a pointless exercise. Todays world may look different then yesterdays but the main powers are still Russia and the USA. The USA has more interests in our turckish states then in our own while Russia needs us to be the wedge in panturkism. Russia is the only country with the interest and the power to preserve Armenia. This does not mean that Armenia cannot grow or become more powerful but it does mean that in whatever we do we have to keep the russian bear in mind. This is life for Armenia today and everything else is a fairytale.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
                  jgk3 deletes my posts in my thread, too. Good for you! I guess this is the kind of super-democracy he and his supporters advocate. He suggests discussing things privately/secretly. I refuse it, I have nothing to conceal from others.
                  If you break the rules, your posts are out and you could get a ban. That is all. Some members prefer to consult me when other people are breaking the rules, but you seem to prefer defending your bellicosity at all costs. You've been warned.

Comment

• Re: Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                    If you break the rules, your posts are out and you could get a ban. That is all. Some members prefer to consult me when other people are breaking the rules, but you seem to prefer defending your bellicosity at all costs. You've been warned.
                    You never warned me. I'm not going to ask for your "mercy". But usually when someone is wared; the reason/s are explained.
                    Oh I got it: that doesn't refer to me, because of Russia.

And why you are deleting my posts here, in this thread, too?
                    Last edited by gegev; 08-24-2010, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X