Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

Originally posted by Gevz View Post
    funny how i get warned when i'm not the one throwing personal insults first. anyway i'll leave
    You shouldn't leave, as Haykakan above states, your posts are important to bring delusional posters here back to reality

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
      Holy sh!t, how hard is it to understand? No personal attacks, no racism. Your post will be deleted and I will start banning. Gevz, herika FFS you just got here.
      Dear federate, no to racism agreed, but you should also intervene where people here are automatically labelled as 'Turks' whenever they present facts that don't correspond to the delusional fantasies of some on this board. I don't need to tell you that this tactic is designed to stop free debate

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
        Debil anasun if Russia cares so much, then why would you give up land? Your entire argument makes no sense, yesterday you badmouth the diaspora labeling millions of Armenians parskahavs and coke heads then your idea of fixing Armenia consists of collecting money from the diaspora. Hele sikter ele esh esh xosumes. Armenia doesn't need to give up lands, what they need to do is negotiate diplomacy with turkey and open the border. Once this is achieved, Azerbaijan will lose a huge backing and will lose its leverage on us, concurrently Armenia needs to continue to work with the UN to increase its economic investments. The current regime in Armenia is doing a fantastic job, could it do better? Of course, but overall Armenia is in a great position to start playing politics in the region. What the diaspora needs to do and from what I'm hearing from family and friends in Armenia, more companies are beginning to set up shop out there. I'll be there next week and look forward to seeing what changes are happening.

Russia is a great ally and asset to have, we would not be here today without Russia. We need to further increase our relationship with Russia and the rest of the EEU, but cannot become one sided. Armenia NEEDS to keep a balance between Russia, asia, and the west in order to stay neutral in matters such as sanctions..etc. That being said, Russia has left me confused with their actions. Obviously they made it very clear who is their strongest alley in the region by attending the april 24th events, then they void working visas for thousands of Armenians which has drastically affected the northern region of Armenian.
        I had to quote this before i go but if an award was given to the dumbest post ever this would be it.

Here is how stupid this sounds.

'Armenia needs to negotiate diplomacy with turkey and open the border. Once this is achieved, Azerbaijan will lose a huge backing and will lose its leverage on us' hang on.......do you really think turkey will open the border and go against it's little brother? FOR ARMENIA??????????????? are you really that lost?

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          Here is a jjewish writer. Notice she pretty much labels us as part of "axis of evil". This does not make all jjews Armenian haters but it does reflect a majority opinion held by that group of people. Notice Russia is on that list to. Of course she never mentioned the hypocrisy of decades worth of jjewish lobbying against the recognition of the Armenian genocide.
          AN 'ARE YOU KIDDING ME' FOREIGN POLICY

Washington Times
          June 3 2015

U.S. actions toward allies evoke disbelief

By Norma Zager - - Wednesday, June 3, 2015

These past years, United States foreign policy has become a long
          procession of "are you kidding me?" moments for our allies. An enigma
          to even the most sophisticated, U.S. foreign policy has morphed
          into an all-you-can-eat diplomatic buffet, complete with an Obama
          administration graze-and-go approach.

During World War II, the U.S. settled into the role of a big brother
          to the world. Direct from central casting, Americans were the cowboys
          wearing white hats and boasting gleaming six guns with white pearl
          handles, ready to hop on a white horse at a moment's notice to save
          the day. It remains a proud moment in our history.

However, today, the U.S. administration meanders about a foreign
          relations smorgasbord of its own making, often changing teams and
          switching alliances, rather inexplicably, to cozy up to nations and
          leaders -- many incredibly suspect in their actions and ideologies --
          while ignoring pleas from friends and allies.

One would be hard pressed to find anyone unaware of the complete
          distain President Obama shows for the state of Israel and Prime
          Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Once, support for Israel came as natural
          to American policy as sun in California, yet no longer is it the case.

The U.S. administration has puzzlingly ignored Israel's outspoken
          warnings about the consequences inherent in a dangerous deal with
          Iran. In addition, despite U.S. insistence to the contrary, talks
          with the Palestinian Authority have spotlighted the impossibility of
          any peace process with an entity that refuses to acknowledge Israel's
          basic right to exist. More recently, America's blatant interference
          in the Israeli elections in a bid to eliminate Mr. Netanyahu betrays
          a total disregard for Israel's sovereignty.

Another reliable and staunch ally of the United States, Azerbaijan,
          is in an equally unenviable position. Azerbaijan receives a deaf ear
          to pleas that the United States intercede to force its neighbor,
          Armenia, to adhere to multiple United Nations Security Council
          resolutions calling for the return of Azeri lands and the cessation
          of its illegal occupation and ongoing aggression.

As it stands, Armenia occupies roughly 20 percent of Azerbaijan's
          sovereign territory, including Nagorno-Karabakh. Armenia occupied
          these lands in what was termed an unjust war, with the help of U.S.

enemies Russia and Iran. They have refused to relinquish Azerbaijan's
          territory despite repeated calls from the international community
          and four U.N. Security Council resolutions.

Today, the United States calls for Russia to respect the territorial
          integrity of Georgia and Ukraine, but conveniently omits even a nod
          to Azerbaijan. There is not even condemnation of repeated acts of
          aggression by Armenia.

In fact, these past years, Azerbaijan has been repeatedly attacked
          for how its young and emerging democracy functions. And omnipresent
          on the U.S. radar screen are perceived human rights abuses such as
          closing mosques when there are unsavory clerics calling for Shariah
          law and the overthrow of the rightful and elected government.

There seems to be painfully sparse recognition of Azerbaijan's
          momentous gains in the building of a civil society, a foundation for
          a sustainable and long-lasting government dedicated to the betterment
          of the nation's people, not to mention the support it gives to the
          United States. Think of the cost to Azerbaijan of continually fend
          off Iranian and Russian efforts at aggression and power plays due to
          its support for America.

There are more "are you kidding me?" moments:

* Following the U.S.-supported ouster of longtime Egyptian ally
          President Hosni Mubarak, the father of terrorist doctrine Muslim
          Brotherhood, rose to power. The United States embraced and funded the
          new government but stopped with the election of the terror-fighting,
          Israel-friendly and reformist President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi.

* The United States ousted Libya's Moammar Gadhafi and paved the way
          for al Qaeda.

* The United States pushed the reset button with Russia and now
          Vladimir Putin is pushing his way through Eastern Europe.

* Japan, an ally facing aggression from China and with whom we have
          a treaty that guarantees our support, is unsure of a U.S. commitment.

Unfortunately, the "are you kidding me?" list grows as the United
          States gorges itself on its foreign policy table of wonders. The
          leaders of the Arab world recently opted against Mr. Obama's invitation
          to a "summit." What's the point, right? Iran is Mr. Obama's date
          these days.

Although this distain has been an impetus for Israel and other
          nations to forge new alliances with one another, which may be a
          positive outcome, it still speaks to a sense of disloyalty difficult
          to reconcile. In the wake of new U.S. behavior, Israel now looks to
          others for close relationships. Once close U.S. allies, now betrayed
          by the administration, flock together -- Israel, Azerbaijan, Saudi
          Arabia, Egypt -- the list goes on.

The United States must impose a foreign policy diet on itself, or
          the world must wait for one more measured and less gluttonous.

* Norma Zager is a professor at California State University.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...evoke-disbeli/
          typical its nothing new from the jew

Comment

These are major policy statements by the Sultan.
            The phraseology he uses does not envisage compromise.

The phrases he uses without shadow of doubt state, no independent Karabagh
            and "We do not own anything of Armenia to give to back to them in return for withdrawals of their troops" .

Now if you re-read your generous offer to return liberated lands which cost the lives of our brave men you will see how stupid it sounds.

Last edited by londontsi; 06-04-2015, 07:36 AM.
            Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
            Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
            Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

I had to quote this before i go but if an award was given to the dumbest post ever this would be it.

'Armenia needs to negotiate diplomacy with turkey and open the border. Once this is achieved, Azerbaijan will lose a huge backing and will lose its leverage on us' hang on.......do you really think turkey will open the border and go against it's little brother? FOR ARMENIA??????????????? are you really that lost?

Great job taking what I said out of context. Let me put it in simple terms so you can comprehend. Opening the boarder (which I'm not a big fan of) may be necessary while we are at war because doing so weakens Azerbaijanis leverage they have on us. Instead of being landlocked, you only have one border closed which is the one you are at war with. Doing this will also boost the economy.

You're right, it is so stupid to open a border vs your idea of giving away our lands.
              Last edited by Shant03; 06-04-2015, 08:01 AM.

Comment

You're right Gevz, let's give land to these guys for peace and what was the other thing? Recognition? What are they recognizing exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by lampron View Post
                  Dear federate, no to racism agreed, but you should also intervene where people here are automatically labelled as 'Turks' whenever they present facts that don't correspond to the delusional fantasies of some on this board. I don't need to tell you that this tactic is designed to stop free debate
                  If you didn't notice, the post where Eddo was calling you or Gevz a "Turk" as an insult was deleted as well.

Now let's all get back to discussing whether Russia is an ally or foe, nowadays. Please.
                  Last edited by Federate; 06-04-2015, 12:13 PM.
                  Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

If you didn't notice, the post where Eddo was calling you or Gevz a "Turk" as an insult was deleted as well.
                    I never called Gevz a Turk lol, and as far as I know Lampron is a Turk and nothing wrong with that. He is a moderate Turk, I like him, and the things I say when I quote him.....he knows what I mean. Graywofls Ergenekons Turkish Muslim extremists......not Lampron.

Now let's all get back to discussing whether Russia is an ally or foe, nowadays. Please.
                    I would say Russia uses Armenia to her advantage and lucky for us we are needed. When we are no longer needed they will????what?
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I had described a certain behaviour of creating inter Armenian hate as worse than a Turk.

I did not call anybody as Turk yet my post was also also removed.

You seem to agree that in these forums spreading of inter Armenian hate is not tolerated.

One has to ask why? Is it because its not nice or because its helping the Turkish agenda.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Working...
                      X