Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

Originally posted by hagopn View Post
    You never know what Azerbaijan will be to Turkey in the future, but currently they are pushing and fueling Turkism is Azerbaijan. The ambition so far is to expand their influence using the race card AND religion card. Only in 2011 they were "friends of Syria," and now they are funneling terrorist into Syria.
    little do Azeris know that once the Turks are done with the Kurds they are next......Turkism is bigger now in Azerbaijan than Turkey (as it seems) and the push is from Azeri Greywolfs into northern Iran, Tabriz area.

OK guys say Russia decides not to be an ally of Armenia tomorrow (close the base and left town), will Turkey attack?

A Nato member, 3rd largest military, attacking little Armenia without provocation
    political nightmare for ruling party once it turns into a bloody insurgency war
    The Christian world will cry continuation of Genocide? lol
    Problems from Iran and Russia in decreasing their sphere of influence and bringing NATO to their back door
    Destabelising a region that is imperetive for the West to stay stable.
    Is Armenia even worth it
    Last edited by Eddo211; 09-25-2013, 11:09 PM.
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post

If Russia decides not to be an ally of Armenia tomorrow will Turkey attack?

A Nato member, 3rd largest military, attacking little Armenia without provocation
      political nightmare for ruling party once it turns into a bloody insurgency war
      The Christian world will cry continuation of Genocide? lol
      Problems from Iran and Russia in decreasing their sphere of influence and bringing NATO to their back door
      Destabelising a region that is imperetive for the West to stay stable.
      Is Armenia even worth it
      To answer my own question

1 I don't think Turkey would have a big problem here
      2 I see big problem here
      3 No problem for Turkey here
      4 Big problem for them, also Iran and Russia supply 90 percent of Turkey's energy
      5 some problem here, they may have to wait until the West is done in Syria and plans on Iran
      6 I think Armenia is worth it to them however they fear the Diaspora more than Armenia.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
        I certainly agree with the first point she is highlighting, the fallacy of relying, trusting and hoping in "Christian Governments".
        Oh, I agree. I meant to say last part of the paragraph.

Second point could be subjective.
        You have to remember the environment of the times.
        Harsh and oppressive government, populations terrorised with previous local massacres in mind etc.

The social structure was a feudal, peasantry and aloof elite.
        Everything had to be done covertly.

Covertly organise and recruit member in a relatively large geographic area with poor communications ( of the times).
        Covert financing and smuggling of arms etc.
        Loyal to the Government ( Armenian ) citizens etc.

As a matter of fact revolutions do not start with most of the population being armed, prepared, aware etc.

It is started with diehard idealist/visionary/revolutionary core.
        Once they appear to be effective its following builds and enters the virtuous cycle and gain recruits.

If you have read Raffi’s "Khente" it portrays the structure and the mood of society of the time.

I have read Khent@, but i have also read the editor, benefactor, mentor, advisor to Raffi, Grigor Artsruni. Raffi's ideas were mostly sourced from the writings in Mshak, which was the forum for the Raffis and Leos of the time, the paper that saw the prints of particularly his (Artsruni's) many editorials.

Quite frankly, they, the entourage of Portukalian, Yergarian, Artsruni, etc. had already calculated what critical mass they needed, where they needed to concentrate power, where to have a series of strategic weapons caches, who they needed to have trained and on alert... They in essence had bothered to do a careful enough study of the situation before plugging away at any insurrection. The spring chicken "revolutionaries" that came in later in the game and started blowing up banks destroyed any chance of survival for the absolutely unprepared rural and township populations. Not once did you see any strategic maneuvering.

Yes, the spring chickens were aware of Artsruni's work and his ideas, his weapons depots, and so on. In fact, the Aygestan depot was exposed to the Turkish gendarmes by a spring chicken Dashnak who was "upset because he wanted revenge for being denied the hand of a girl in marriage." This was collected first hand from a genocide survivor interview.

No one bothered to consult the more experienced politicians and leaders, and instead focused their attention on "libertee, egalitee, fraternitee, Ottoman Constitution" with banners of "Vote for Ittihad" carried by Dashnak youth. To his credit, Aram Manugian - an exception to the Dashnak rule - was actually trying to cooperate with Yergarian. The older Hnchak party was also a non-national leftist movement at the core that had no intention of joining an Armeno-centered movement, and they simply also ignored all warning against such rash and impatient acts that would, and always did, only manage to garner retribution in the form of massacres.
        Last edited by hagopn; 09-25-2013, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Londontsi one thing she does say which I very much agree is that we cannot (nor have the ability) to fight two fronts at the same time....
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

The Ittihad simply leveraged this "leftism" and disarmed, completely the "brave revolutionaries." Played like an banjo they were.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
              Londontsi one thing she does say which I very much agree is that we cannot (nor have the ability) to fight two fronts at the same time....
              Much of her thoughts are correct, but she too seems to be out of the loop and following the lead of "revolutionary" sources.

Comment

Hakob yes you can look up stuff on google about anything including Armenian things but did you know that google is scanning all books and other sources information and making itself pretty much the sole source of knowledge..once it establishes a monopoly on knowledge what do you think it intends to do with it? Don't you think the same sources which control our media today will control the internet?
                Eddo jan i like many things about you but your inability to realize how powerful our enemies and allies are and how insignificant our diaspora is has been frustrating to watch bro. You really think that if Turkey wanted to attack Armenia that the diaspora or the EU would be able to stop it? I think you do believe this despite the fact that i have so many times pointed out the utter fallacy of such presumtions. There is nothing besides Russia between an Armenian republic and a panturkist wet dream but a lot of Armos just refuse to accept this out of pride or hate.
                Hagopn you yet again give us great examples of how the inability to unite and centralize is our weakness (the dashnak traitor example). Yes i agree that our urge for independence is there and is strong yet our ability to survive in the present world(even in the past) depends on unity and centralization.
                I prefer Russia over the west because the west is being run by special interest groups which care nothing about the western nations let alone us. This means the western nations will decline since their interests are secondary to corporate interests. Russia also has much stronger interests in this region then the west with Armenia being a most important wedge against panturkism..
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                  Eddo jan i like many things about you but your inability to realize how powerful our enemies and allies are and how insignificant our diaspora is has been frustrating to watch bro. You really think that if Turkey wanted to attack Armenia that the diaspora or the EU would be able to stop it?
                  I think you do believe this despite the fact that i have so many times pointed out the utter fallacy of such presumtions.
                  No I don't believe that.....when I say Turkey fears Diaspora more than Armenia means that Turkey knows that militarily they can conquer Armenia no problem but they can never take out the Diaspora scattered all over the world and being the biggest pain in their butt. The Genocide card remains in play forever
                  and Armenians cannot be destroyed
                  They would love to have us all in Armenia

What I say has nothing to do with Armenian volunteers from Diaspora in case of war.

There is nothing besides Russia between an Armenian republic and a panturkist wet dream but a lot of Armos just refuse to accept this out of pride or hate.
                  This is where I have a problem....its not pride or hate, its the desire for liberty and sovereignty and having destiny in our hands, not Russia or US or Iran or Turkey. We must work towards that goal of full independence in future but we will never get their when we put our faith in others.
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

"We must work towards that goal of full independence in future"
                    I agree with you there but today the facts on the ground dictate sticking to Russia.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I just was watching about situation in Bulgaria after becoming a member of EU.
                      The economy s pretty bad, about 60% unemployment in cities. Noting promised by EU has become reality so far. There is widespread corrupion on such level that even some western diplomats and businesses are involved in stealing EU grants. There is a big energy crisis because countriy's only nucklear power plnt was shut down to 25% capacity and Bulgaria has to buy "green" electricity from west 8-10 times more expencive.
                      This is a country with beutifull black sea beaches and very fertile land and was a major agricultural exporter. Now most of the products on shelfs are from turkey. The agriculure is in ruins because Bulgarian farms cannot compete with french, German, Belgian or dutch subsidised products, or turkish onslaught.
                      Population has dwindled down from 9mln to 7. There is widespread migration in such levels that some villages have no young residents anymore.
                      Last edited by Hakob; 09-29-2013, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X