Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian-Indian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian-Indian relations

Originally posted by Davo88 View Post
    I wonder how Pakistan would have behaved in regards to Armenian issues if it also had a sizable Armenian community, like Syria, Lebanon, etc.
    Not very well. Unlike Syria, Lebanon and Iran, the Pakistanis are extremely anti-Christian. Not a day goes by that Christians are not killed, harassed, wrongfully imprisoned in Pakistan and this is not exaggeration or hyperbole. It is also the Pakistani secret services (and much of the general population) that supports the Taliban in Afghanistan. I have a very good friend from college who lived in Peshawar (a sh*thole if there ever was one) and Islamabad for one year as part of an overseas work assignment for his company in 2005. He's a tough kid and not one to complain but he described it is a Pakistan as one step above hell (a maybe one realm within its outer-circle). Thankfully he was able to head over to Dubai occasionally for R&R
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
      Pakistanis and Afghans tried in 1994....it didn't end well for them or Azerbaijan for that matter.
      They seem still bitter about that, lol.
      I don’t know which is worst......the fact that they hate Armenians but they are really not sure why, or their constant kissing up to Turks without dignity. The second one is harder to watch
      I can understand the Afghanistan but man, Pakistan is one screwed up country.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
        They seem still bitter about that, lol.
        I don’t know which is worst......the fact that they hate Armenians but they are really not sure why, or their constant kissing up to Turks without dignity. The second one is harder to watch
        I can understand the Afghanistan but man, Pakistan is one screwed up country.
        I thought Azerbaijan hired Afghan mujaheddin, but no Pakistanis

Ordinary Pakistanis (even if they have heard of Armenia) will only know about it through possible anti-Christian propaganda. It is easy to brainwash simple, illiterate people

Bangladesh is more tolerant than Pakistan, and it had (and probably still has) an Armenian church.

Afghanistan is said to have had a large Armenian population in the 18th century

What is interesting is that Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh have not recognized North Cyprus

Comment

Originally posted by lampron View Post

What is interesting is that Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh have not recognized North Cyprus

No country except Turkey recognizes North Cyprus.

Azerbaijan was flirting with the idea of recognizing TRNC then realized there are similarities with NKR, being breakaway region etc.

There are also big differences, thats a subject for another thread except to say Turks in Cyprus were never regionally populated nor there was a Turkish region.

Turkey was very disappointed

For the same reason Azerbaijan does not support Kosovo independence.
          Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
          Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Ordinary Pakistanis (even if they have heard of Armenia) will only know about it through possible anti-Christian propaganda. It is easy to brainwash simple, illiterate people

Bangladesh is more tolerant than Pakistan, and it had (and probably still has) an Armenian church.

Afghanistan is said to have had a large Armenian population in the 18th century

Bangladesh also suffered from genocide at the hand of Pakistan.
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

That’s true, officially there were Afghani and Chechen Mujahideens but in reality what came to fight in Artsakh was Wahabists with included some Paki fighters as well.........Don’t know if it is true but at least they themselves don’t seem to deny it.

Yes, they back off quick onces challenged but some of them are really dedicated to Turkish brotherhood to the point of being more agressive than Turks.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

in spite of Pakistan having taken an unfriendly position, and in spite of Armenia herself being a poor country I hope the Armenian Government has sent some assistance to the Pakistani flood victims, maybe in co-ordination with Russia, Ukraine, Belarus.

With 20 million people displaced, the pakistani floods must be one of the worst disasters in recent world history. Most of the victims are the poorest, who in normal times would struggle to survive on a day to day basis. By giving some help now, Armenia would be signalling to the Pakistani masses that she is not their enemy.

I hope India has sent some help too, in spite of the 'Cold War' that exists between the two countries

Comment

in spite of Pakistan having taken an unfriendly position, and in spite of Armenia herself being a poor country I hope the Armenian Government has sent some assistance to the Pakistani flood victims, maybe in co-ordination with Russia, Ukraine, Belarus.

With 20 million people displaced, the pakistani floods must be one of the worst disasters in recent world history. Most of the victims are the poorest, who in normal times would struggle to survive on a day to day basis. By giving some help now, Armenia would be signalling to the Pakistani masses that she is not their enemy.

I hope India has sent some help too, in spite of the 'Cold War' that exists between the two countries
                  Someone correct if I'm wrong but I believe Pakistan doesn't even recognize Armenia's independence. You can't send aid to a country that doesn't even recognize your independence.

Comment

India sent aid, Armenia didnt

India offered $25 million for provision of relief material for the victims of the massive floods. Further aid as required can be arranged, with a National Disaster Management Force in place, India finds it easier to respond for channelizing aid. Also, there are nearly 400 Indian doctors, who are waiting for the Pakistan government's nod for visas to help flood victims. India has supplied first consignment of 25 truck-loads of Indian potato to Pakistan.

Im glad Armenia hasnt sent aid considering the fact that they havent even recognized Armenia's independence.

Comment

Pakistan is the now the xxxxxboy for the US. It's the only way they will survive

Read the latest headlines, news stories, and opinion from Politics, Entertainment, Life, Perspectives, and more.
                      Last edited by Joseph; 09-22-2010, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X