Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Prospects of a Kurdish state and what it means for Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Prospects of a Kurdish state and what it means for Armenia

We can never establish a official border with Kurds because that would mean we accept Western Armenia as Turkish land.
    Right now we do not recognize the borders with Turkey and Azerbaijan. The same must apply to Kurds if such plans go through.
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

@ Artashes
      I have no desire to kill the incredibly intelligent kurd peasant.
      It wasn't even a week ago you were arguing that a genocide against the Kurds wouldn't be a genocide but justice. The indiscriminant murder of men women and children is your idea of justice..!? LOL! You are insane if you really think that.

I get it, there are/were groups of Kurds who wish to Kurdify Armenian land, destroy any evidence of our ancestors but my argument is does that give you the right to indiscriminately kill all of them? Again you're saying that it does. WTF!

Haven't the Persians, over the centuries, comited those very crimes you talk about? Destroying cemeteries, killing Armenians, occupying Old Armenia. So do you think we should comit a genocide against the them? What about the Arabs. Where's this mentality take us?

If there was a Kurd, Arab or whatever infront of me and I knew they killed an Armenian because he or she was Armenian or Christian, then that person deserves to die. But if you bring me his/her child and tell me he/she deserves to die because of what their parents did, I'd tell you to F yourself because the kid hasn't done anything but be born to a murderer. And here you are, trying to yell to the 4 corners of the world that all Kurds are dirty guilty subhuman deserving only to be justly murdered.. facepalm

Don't think I'm presenting my point adequately .
      Let me just say ... Something doesn't sound right with your argument .
      Not sure what you think isn't right about my post but instead of beating around the bush just call me out on whatever conspiracy you've cooked up in your head. What? You think im a Kurd? Lol i don't care if you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
        We can never establish a official border with Kurds because that would mean we accept Western Armenia as Turkish land.
        Right now we do not recognize the borders with Turkey and Azerbaijan. The same must apply to Kurds if such plans go through.
        I agree completly if they dont recognize that their northern Kurdistan is also our western Armenian then f em. But to sit here and demand they return all of western Armenia, if they establish a state, is living a little in lala land.

Comment

70 Armenian fighters join Syrian Kurds in war on ISIS
          July 3, 2015

The Armenian fighter Barkhodan speaking to ARA News in Sere Kaniye, northeastern Syria
          Read More

16 ISIS militants tested positive with AIDS in Syria’s Deiz ez-Zor Most of Syria victims are civilians, all armed factions blamed for increasing death tolls Reasons for failure of establishing a safe zone north Syria Turkey-ISIS alliance uncovered Why would ISIS block private internet in Raqqa? Hasakah: ISIS under Kurdish siege Second German killed in Syria fighting against ISIS

Sere Kaniye, Syria – Dozens of fighters from different nationalities have joined the ranks of the Kurdish forces in Syria and Iraq in order to combat militants of the Islamic State (IS/ISIS).

An Armenian fighter in the ranks of the Kurdish forces of the People’s Protection Units (YPG), nicknamed Barkhodan, came to Syria nearly two years ago and joint the fight against ISIS.

“I am 55 years old, I came to Syria along with 70 Armenian young men, and we joined the ranks of the YPG more than two years ago,” he told ARA News, pointing out that they have been deployed on various positions at battle fronts in accordance with their military expertise.

“We are fighting here in defense of the Armenian people from the risk of IS extremists, we do not differentiate between Arabs, Kurds, Christians and Muslims,” he said.

“The main reason for many foreign fighters to be here (northern Syria) is the necessity to eliminate the enemies of humanity (in reference to ISIS militants).”

“ISIS is killing women and children. What happened in Kobane several days ago when they killed hundreds of innocent people is the biggest motivation for me to fight those barbarians, despite my old age,” Barkhodan told ARA News.

“When we fight alongside the YPG forces, this actually raises the overall morale among Kurds in the war on terrorism,” he added.

In Syria, hundreds of foreign members of the YPG have formed what is known as “Lions of Rojava” (Lions of Syrian Kurdistan). They combat ISIS in several areas in Syria’s Kurdish region alongside Kurdish forces.

Recently, foreign fighters of YPG formed a battalion under the banner “World Freedom” in Sere Kaniye (Ras al-Ain), northeastern Syria, which includes dozens of fighters who were distributed at the anti-ISIS fighting fronts after having completed military training in YPG-held camps.

Comment

Originally posted by Spetsnaz View Post
            70 Armenian fighters join Syrian Kurds in war on ISIS
            July 3, 2015

The Armenian fighter Barkhodan speaking to ARA News in Sere Kaniye, northeastern Syria
            Read More

16 ISIS militants tested positive with AIDS in Syria’s Deiz ez-Zor Most of Syria victims are civilians, all armed factions blamed for increasing death tolls Reasons for failure of establishing a safe zone north Syria Turkey-ISIS alliance uncovered Why would ISIS block private internet in Raqqa? Hasakah: ISIS under Kurdish siege Second German killed in Syria fighting against ISIS

Sere Kaniye, Syria – Dozens of fighters from different nationalities have joined the ranks of the Kurdish forces in Syria and Iraq in order to combat militants of the Islamic State (IS/ISIS).

An Armenian fighter in the ranks of the Kurdish forces of the People’s Protection Units (YPG), nicknamed Barkhodan, came to Syria nearly two years ago and joint the fight against ISIS.

“I am 55 years old, I came to Syria along with 70 Armenian young men, and we joined the ranks of the YPG more than two years ago,” he told ARA News, pointing out that they have been deployed on various positions at battle fronts in accordance with their military expertise.

“We are fighting here in defense of the Armenian people from the risk of IS extremists, we do not differentiate between Arabs, Kurds, Christians and Muslims,” he said.

“The main reason for many foreign fighters to be here (northern Syria) is the necessity to eliminate the enemies of humanity (in reference to ISIS militants).”

“ISIS is killing women and children. What happened in Kobane several days ago when they killed hundreds of innocent people is the biggest motivation for me to fight those barbarians, despite my old age,” Barkhodan told ARA News.

“When we fight alongside the YPG forces, this actually raises the overall morale among Kurds in the war on terrorism,” he added.

In Syria, hundreds of foreign members of the YPG have formed what is known as “Lions of Rojava” (Lions of Syrian Kurdistan). They combat ISIS in several areas in Syria’s Kurdish region alongside Kurdish forces.

Recently, foreign fighters of YPG formed a battalion under the banner “World Freedom” in Sere Kaniye (Ras al-Ain), northeastern Syria, which includes dozens of fighters who were distributed at the anti-ISIS fighting fronts after having completed military training in YPG-held camps.

http://aranews.net/2015/07/70-armeni...n-war-on-isis/
            This is stupid

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
              This is stupid
              Not really. They are fighting to protect their families from a common enemy. Makes perfect sense.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

PKK declares autonomous region in Turkey’s Dersim province
                http://rudaw.net/english/middleeast/turkey/180820151

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region — The Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) has announced a democratic autonomous region in Dersim province, and established checkpoints on the main road in the province Tuesday.

The above video released by the PKK purports to show the group’s fighters controlling the road and searching vehicles.

“We as guerrillas, under the right of self-defense for ourselves and our nation, declare democratic autonomy in Dersim,” said a fighter in the video.

In July, violence erupted once again between the PKK and the Turkish military, and both sides have announced different death tolls.

The PKK claimed Tuesday that in Hakkari its fighters killed 32 Turkish security forces and lost five of their own. The Turkish government announced only one Turkish soldier was killed and several others wounded.

Tuesday, the Diyarbakir governor’s office announced a curfew starting from 1 am in response to the violence.

In related news, according to Turkish media Tuesday, people in a demonstration in the mainly Kurdish Dogubeyazit district declared self-management.

"We declare our self-management," said Muhsin Kula, who claimed to be part of the new government. “Our villages and cities have been turned into ruins. The latest Varto case is proof that humanity is dead.”

Varto is a town in eastern Turkey where on or around August 10 a female PKK fighter named Ekin Van was allegedly raped and killed before her naked body was dragged through the streets by Turkish security forces. The incident has outraged Kurds throughout the region.

“We will not recognize state institutions in this region. We hereby declared that we manage ourselves,” Kula said.
                Last edited by Armynia; 08-20-2015, 07:19 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=gokorik;361466]@ Artashes
                  It wasn't even a week ago you were arguing that a genocide against the Kurds wouldn't be a genocide but justice. The indiscriminant murder of men women and children is your idea of justice..!? LOL! You are insane if you really think that.

I get it, there are/were groups of Kurds who wish to Kurdify Armenian land, destroy any evidence of our ancestors but my argument is does that give you the right to indiscriminately kill all of them? Again you're saying that it does. WTF!

Haven't the Persians, over the centuries, comited those very crimes you talk about? Destroying cemeteries, killing Armenians, occupying Old Armenia. So do you think we should comit a genocide against the them? What about the Arabs. Where's this mentality take us?

If there was a Kurd, Arab or whatever infront of me and I knew they killed an Armenian because he or she was Armenian or Christian, then that person deserves to die. But if you bring me his/her child and tell me he/she deserves to die because of what their parents did, I'd tell you to F yourself because thumb done anything but be born to a murderer. And here you are, trying to yell to the 4 corners of the world that all Kurds are dirty guilty subhuman deserving only to be justly murdered.. facepalm

Not sure what you think isn't right about my post but instead of beating around the bush just call me out on whatever conspiracy you've cooked up in your head. What? You think im a Kurd? Lol i don't care if you do.[/

gokorik is referring to my post #20787 in the negorno karabakh military balance thread.

gokorik , you have made up words I never said. The words and meaning you have fabricated certainly help carry your argument, but have no merit.
                  Pull up my post and show everyone.
                  I'm not computer savvy enough to do that.
                  Ya idiot, you accuse me of ??? Advocating children should die???
                  Your words not mine jerk.
                  You accuse me of advocating genocide, you fkn jerk. Those are your words not mine.
                  You accuse me of a fantasy conspirator ,whilst you (literally) fantasize I call you a kurd.
                  Pull up my post and exhibit to all how you can change my words and meaning to suit you argument.
                  You turned out to be a jerk.
                  Pull up the post and show everyone how you conclude I said any of the crap --- YOU --- wrote

Comment

Post#337 above
                    kurd speaks of outrage for themselves. No mention of the unbelievable outrage(s) they committed against virtually all the indigenous people of the land they are fraudulently claiming.
                    Not one word of shame.
                    Not from a kurd.

Comment

Urban Warfare Escalates in Turkey’s Kurdish-Majority Southeast

SILOPI, Turkey—War has returned to this remote southeastern city, transforming dusty streets into a battleground as surging violence between Turkish security forces and Kurdish separatists threatens to kindle a level of urban warfare not seen for two decades.

Masked militants linked to the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party, or PKK, have dug explosive-laden trenches and raised barricades in Silopi, which sits on a border where Turkey, Syria and Iraq meet.

Each day, Turkish special forces play a deadly game of cat-and-mouse with armed Kurdish youths, firing tear gas and live rounds in a bid to reassert control of several neighborhoods. Before nightfall, groups of Silopi residents flee the most violent central neighborhoods, taking refuge in relatives’ homes to avoid the crossfire, according to the mayor and residents.

“When we peeked from the window, we saw police shooting randomly after the youth ran through our yard,” said Idris Yavsam, a 39-year-old employee at the local mosque in Silopi who recounted one day earlier this month. “One bullet came in and passed by the ear of my 11-year-old daughter.”

A government official said Tuesday that the scale and the nature of the clashes require more than usual anti-riot measures.

Mr. Yavsam said his family of 10 hasn’t slept at home for a week, and showed eight bullet holes on the walls of his house and courtyard.

In a power play, PKK-linked militants have erected checkpoints and declared autonomous zones free from state control in cities across the southeast, where the majority of the country’s estimated 15 million Kurds live. Battles with Turkish security forces have shifted from remote military outposts to city streets as the militants attempt to show strength in urban areas.

“The PKK has deliberately moved the warfare to the cities. The level of the street fighting is unprecedented,” a Turkish government official said, accusing the militants of using civilians as human shields.

Youthful militants in Silopi deny this allegation, claiming the civilians support them.

The current flare-up in the decadeslong conflict between the PKK and the Turkish state is the culmination of several important military and political shifts recently that have had profound implications for both sides.

The PKK, which the U.S. and Turkey list as a terrorist organization, has been emboldened after affiliated Kurdish forces in Syria and Iraq scored major military victories against extremist group Islamic State. The Syrian and Iraqi Kurdish fighters have grown into important allies of the U.S.-led coalition conducting an air campaign against Islamic State, becoming the most effective ground force coordinating with the international alliance.

Kurdish separatists renewed their uprising after a June election that put a pro-Kurdish party into parliament for the first time and saw the ruling party lose its absolute majority for the first time in 13 years. After a string of militant attacks on Turkish security forces, the military launched an unexpected bombing campaign against the group and a nationwide crackdown in which more than 2,600 suspects have been detained, most of them Kurds.

This shattered a two-year truce between the PKK and the government and effectively ended peace talks that had been going on for nearly three years.

Kurds have accused Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of trying to undercut their recent political gains with the newly launched military campaign against the PKK. Mr. Erdogan rejected that claim.

The government reinforced its military presence in urban areas increasingly targeted by the Kurdish militants, declaring more than three dozen areas under temporary emergency and imposing curfews—measures that were all but forgotten over the past decade.

Meanwhile, the PKK boasted that the ranks of its youthful followers had swelled.

“Now, we can talk about a mass youth uprising by the PKK,” said Cengiz Candar, author of a 2012 road map for peace talks and Kurdish disarmament. “There were uprisings in residential areas in the 1990s in Sirnak province, but they were not similar to today or at this scale.”

On the streets of Silopi, a district of long-restive Sirnak province, and in other southeastern cities such as Cizre, Sirnak, and Diyarbaki, the conflict has intensified at an alarming rate. That evoked uncomfortable memories of two decades ago, when the worst fighting left tens of thousands dead.

Members of the PKK’s youth movement said they had expanded their networks in dozens of cities while the government was holding peace talks with the insurgents’ jailed leader, Abdullah Ocalan. Now, in this city of 120,000 alone, the militants claim to have 31 units, each with 20 members.

In a two-room safe-house, some dozen Kurdish militants in their teens and early 20s are armed with Kalashnikovs, handguns, grenades and a rocket-propelled grenade launcher.

“There are many of us, and we are in every city in Turkey now,” said a 22-year-old female commander of a 10-person unit who identified herself as Berman. She left university in Istanbul last year to join a group known as the Patriotic Revolutionary Youth Movement, or YDG-H, which the Turkish government says is the PKK’s youth unit. She and her comrades say they are self-organized PKK sympathizers.

“We knew that the state would drop the peace talks, so we grew and organized ourselves meanwhile,” she said.

In the past two weeks, three civilians and five members of special security forces have been killed in Silopi, a reflection of the escalating cycle of violence in towns and cities across the southeast.

In the neighboring province of Siirt on Wednesday, eight Turkish soldiers were killed by a roadside bomb, the single deadliest strike against the military since the cease-fire collapsed last month. More than 50 security officials, some 400 PKK members and at least seven civilians have been killed since June, according to Turkish officials.

Rights activists fear the shift to urban warfare is putting civilians at increased risk.

“There is reckless firing on both sides,” said Andrew Gardner, a Turkey expert at Amnesty International, who is currently investigating the civilian toll from renewed conflict in the southeast.

The mounting instability has also spread to outside the Kurdish region to Turkey’s largest city Istanbul. Itis threatening to destabilize a key North Atlantic Treaty Organization member at pivotal time.

Since the June election, the major parties have failed to agree on a ruling coalition, plunging the country into political uncertainty. Mr. Erdogan said Wednesday that the country was rapidly headed to a snap election as coalition talks collapsed ahead of a Sunday deadline.

At the same time it launched airstrikes against the PKK, the government also deepened its commitment to fighting Islamic State. It agreed to allow the U.S. to use bases on its soil to strike the militants across the border in Syria and decided to join in the airstrikes.

Kurdish youth say the state gave them only two options: to assimilate into Turkish society or take up arms.

But in areas like Silopi, the view that the president is seeking to sideline Kurds from politics is gaining traction.

“He is taking revenge on us Kurds. But we must soon get back to the negotiation table, because things are getting out of control,” said Silopi Mayor Seyfettin Aydemir. “The hatred among the youth is growing as time goes by.”

Write to Ayla Albayrak at [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                      X