Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Agriculture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Agriculture

Very interesting must watch video.
    Very large aquaculture enterprise in Armenia (Unifish) where they breed, raise and sell fish (trout, sturgeon, caviar etc)
    Another large enterprise is Ecofish.
    This promising sector is very advanced in Armenia.

Comment

I wish my Russian was better then it is. I do wonder how sustainable the fish farming business can be, considering the limited water resources we have. I have seen a few of these farms myself and the fish they produced was tasty. To raise trout you need lots of clean fresh water which is becoming a scarce resource worldwide.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        I wish my Russian was better then it is. I do wonder how sustainable the fish farming business can be, considering the limited water resources we have. I have seen a few of these farms myself and the fish they produced was tasty. To raise trout you need lots of clean fresh water which is becoming a scarce resource worldwide.
        This is literally a nature's plunder.
        Absolutely not sustainable ponction on natural reserves.
        A handful of persons, are depleting billions of cubameters of water for instant use, most even not redirected into irrigational system, sent directly to the torks.
        Already the consequences are obvious.
        Hundred of wells, in premontainous foothills have dried, causing enormous damage for village irrigation, and forcing the fish breeders to go always deeper.
        If the same business was based on running water only, as was the case of Armash breeding facilities during soviet years, it would be perfect...
        There is a good reason why a country like ours can produce cheaper something any european country, Russia or Ukraine should have done better, on the paper...

Comment

I was afraid that was the case. Future wars will be fought over not oil but water and seeing such a waist of it is painful.

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
          A handful of persons, are depleting billions of cubameters of water for instant use, most even not redirected into irrigational system, sent directly to the torks.
          Hundred of wells, in premontainous foothills have dried, causing enormous damage for village irrigation, and forcing the fish breeders to go always deeper.
          If the same business was based on running water only, as was the case of Armash breeding facilities during soviet years, it would be perfect...
          There is a good reason why a country like ours can produce cheaper something any european country, Russia or Ukraine should have done better, on the paper...
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            I was afraid that was the case. Future wars will be fought over not oil but water and seeing such a waist of it is painful.
            exact
            No strategic state interest Notion in the 'ruling elite'....

Comment

Հայաստանը ջրի սուր կարիք է ունենալու

12:10 Նոյեմբեր 15, 2012

ԷկոԼուր

ՄԱԿ-ի Կլիմայի փոփոխության ծրագրերի կանխատեսումների համաձայն` ինչքան ժամանակ անցնի, այնքան Հայաստանը ջրի սուր կարիք է ունենալու: Մինչեւ 2030 թվականը գետերի ամբողջ հոսքը նվազելու է 6,7%-ով, մինչեւ 2070 թվականը` 14,5%-ով, իսկ մինչեւ 2100 թվականը 24,4%-ով: Այս մասին հայտնեց Հայաստանում ՄԱԿ-ի Զարգացման Ծրագրի Կլիմայի փոփոխության ծրագրերի համակարգող Դիանա Հարությունյանը ՄԱԿ-Ի ԵՏՀ «Միջազգային լճերի եւ անդրսահմանային ջրհոսքերի պահպանության եւ օգտագործման մասին» կոնվենցիային նվիրված միջազգային գիտաժողովի ընթացքում: Գիտաժողը կազմակերպել էր «Հայ կանայք հանուն առողջության եւ առողջ շրջակա միջավայրի» ՀԿ-ն:

Դիանա Հարությունյանը նշեց նաեւ ձյան տեսքով տեղումների ծավալի կրճատման մասին: 1961-1990 թվականների հետ համեմատած mինչեւ 2030 թվականը տեղումները կկրճատվեն 7-11%-ով, իսկ մինչեւ 2100 թվականը կարող են կրճատվել մինչեւ 40%-ով: Կվատանա նաեւ ջրի որակը, քանի որ նրանում կավելանան աղտոտիչ նյութերը: Նա ասաց, որ այդ ամենը կազդի նաեւ պարենային անվտանգության վրա: «Վնաս կհասցվի ցանքատարածություններին: Միայն երաշտի պատճառով բերքատվությունը կնվազի 15-34%-ով»,- ասաց Դ. Հարությունյանը:

Ծանր հետեւանքների թվում են սովը, համաճարակային վիճակի վատթարացումը եւ նույնիսկ առողջապահական համակարգի ենթակառուցվածքների ոչնչացումը:

Մեր կողմից նշենք, որ ՄԱԿ-ի Կլիմայի փոփոխության ծրագրերի կանխատեսումների ժամկետները ավելի են մոտենում: Եւ վերջին տասնամյակում ծնված երեխաները կարող են այդ ծանր հետեւանքներն իրենց վրա զգալ ոչ միայն 2030 թվականին, այլ նաեւ 2070 թվականին: Իսկ նրանք, ովքեր հիմա են ծնվում, հնարավորություն ունեն դա տեսնել նույնիսկ 2100 թվականին:

Comment

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
                Yes , the water concern is a ligitimate downside to the rosey picture being presented to general population .
                But it's not the only downside that's NOT being revealed to us .
                Genetic deteryization & disease are usually never mentioned ( gee golly ) by the money grabbers .
                Also , if any of those fish ,etc are " somehow introduced into the wild population , an extreme NEGITIVE effect is highly possible ( probable ) !!! That's also not usually mentioned .
                Probably just an honest mistake by the ( whoever ) , sorry for my bad attitude .
                Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                  Yes , the water concern is a ligitimate downside to the rosey picture being presented to general population .
                  But it's not the only downside that's NOT being revealed to us .
                  Genetic deteryization & disease are usually never mentioned ( gee golly ) by the money grabbers .
                  Also , if any of those fish ,etc are " somehow introduced into the wild population , an extreme NEGITIVE effect is highly possible ( probable ) !!! That's also not usually mentioned .
                  Probably just an honest mistake by the ( whoever ) , sorry for my bad attitude .
                  Artashes
                  This is already done massively, purposely, since every year, for more than a decade now, the state buys little Ishkhans from 4 major companies of Ararat valley, to try to repopulate Sevan lake.
                  The result is virtually nil, since those are mostly captures by birds or fish looters, before they can develop.
                  And even if 0.1% manages to reach adult age, the natural reproduction is impossible due to pollution, lack of water, and small hydro turbines on the rivers feeding Sevan (see Sevan Thread, question is mentioned regularly)

PS: not that I am an admirer of soviet era, but during those times, at least there was some state interest notion, and red lines illetrate oligarkhs could not violate...
                  In those years not only fish looting was very low (fish stock of Sevan was 30.000 tons by end of 1980-s, compared to less than 50 tons now...) , there where 4 state owned fish breeding farms directly on Sevan shores, specially dedicated for Sevan repopulation. (same was for a lot of Soviet lakes, like Baikal, etc..).
                  The survivability of those small fishes was much higher, since born in similar ecosystem (while no need to explain difference of Sevan microclimate and those farms in lower Aratat valley), and they did not consume underground water reserves, since were using directly their natural birthplace's waterflows (like Lidjk, Gavaraked, etc..).
                  All those 4 state owned farms are now in ruin.
                  The state pays those private farms of Ararat valley instead...
                  Last edited by Vrej1915; 02-03-2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

The topic of agriculture was brought up to discuss gaining an honest understanding , and a real perception of agriculture and it's inter twined ness to the fabric of the Armenian country's dynamic .
                    A question --- If you know of someone who has a great deal of money and position / power .
                    And you personally think this person did not get these thing honestly , but by swindling , etc .
                    And this person came to you and said : But this time , unlike the other times , I'm not going to swindle you ,
                    Because I care about you and the Nation , with all my heart .
                    Are you going to --- buy ----- that ?
                    My personal opinion is --- we need to take a harder look at " things " and not only that , that satisfies the present moment .
                    Who owns what and what's the cut .
                    Is this enterprise design to benefit the people's , the lands , the sky , and the the very spirit of the land and Nation .
                    Or , is this enterprise design more for your and precious few shareholders ( always compared to total pop ) ?
                    That includes ALL players .
                    The PLAYERS are in the agricultue (s) biz also !!!!!!
                    Artashes

Comment

Արոտավայրերը իրանցիներին տալիս ոչ ոք ժողովրդի կարծիքը հաշվի չի առել.
                      Այդ հատվածը բավական մոտ է գտնվում Հայաստան-Նախիջևան սահմանին և ռազմավարական տեսանկյունից կարևոր նշանակություն ունի Հայաստանի համար:...

2 փետրվարի, 2013
                      Ակտիվիստ Վազգեն Գալստյանը դժգոհում է, որ իրանցիների հետ համաձայնագիր կնքելիս տեղացի ժողովրդի կարծիքը ոչ ոք հաշվի չի առել, հանրային լսումներ չեն եղել:

«Ինքս Վայոց ձորից եմ, բայց զինվորական ծառայությունս որպես կապավոր անցկացրած լինելով Սյունիքի մարզի հենց այն հատվածներում, որոնք որպես արոտավայր տրամադրելու են Իրանի հյուսիսային շրջանի` Ատրպատականի թրքական ծագմամբ իրանցիներին, կարող եմ հավաստել, որ դրանով լուրջ մտահոգությունների առիթ է ստեղծվում մեր երկրի համար: Այդ հատվածը բավական մոտ է գտնվում Հայաստան-Նախիջևան սահմանին և ռազմավարական տեսանկյունից կարևոր նշանակություն ունի Հայաստանի համար: Բազային որոշակի գիտելիքներ ունեցող անասնապահը կարող է ինֆորմացիա փոխանցել համապատասխան մարմիններին»:

Վազգենը, ով ներկայացնում է «Ջերմուկի զարգացման կենտրոն» ՀԿ-ն, նշեց, որ «Թռչկան» քաղաքացիական նախաձեռնությունն այս հարցով դիմել է ԱԱԾ տնօրեն Գորիկ Հակոբյանին և ՀՀ ազգային անվտանգության խորհրդի քարտուղար Արթուր Բաղդասարյանին, բայց պատասխան չեն ստացել:

Comment

Working...
                      X