Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

HOUSE & SENATE ADOPT $90 MILLION AID PACKAGE FOR ARMENIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know what makes us different?
    the fact that you call me an atheist merely because I think that when you die...you're gone ... byebye... and you don't "live eternally" *rolling eyes*
    but even though I totally disagree with you,I don't call you names, cuz you think that in 2003, christianity is "the uniting force that binds Armenians together and allows us to maintain our identity"...???
    you know what's sadly happened to our church?
    they preach about preaching christianity to people more that they actually spend time praying...or whatever you're supposed to do.. whatever "John" or "Ghougas" have given you orders to do...

Comment

Dear jahannam

if u thought i meant to insult u by calling you an atheist... i'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

First of all, the comment was not directed at you but at Anonymouse who was the first to say Christianity was bad for Armenians...

Secondly, calling someone an atheist is not an insult... the definition of an atheist is simply a person who does not believe in the existence of God.

whether this applies to you or not is up to you to decide

i assure you no offense whatsoever was intended, i simply stated that atheistic comments were stated in this forum and i found it dissappointing.

and i agree with you totally that there are a lot of things wrong with the Armenian Church... and i agree with you entirely that the biggest one is that they don't "preach Christianity" if by that u mean preaching the Gospel... i never heard (and still haven't heard) the gospel out of an Armenian mouth... for years the cornerstone of Christianity was never revealed to me until some Canadian people told me...

the Church is run by people and thus is flawed... but Christianity comes from God... it's perfect

sorry again for not being clearer, hope i sorted that out...
      and ask me about the gospel if u haven't heard it...

Comment

I know what atheist means.. and I didn't say I got insulted, it's just that you came to conclusions too fast...

I didn't mean "preaching the gospel"
        I meant it seems like all you guys do is preach outsiders or "bad" christians to become christians. don't you think you spend more time on that than actually praying or "serving God"?
        and whatsup with hardcore christians criticizing their own churches' teachings?
        I thought you were the one arguing that armenians are united through our church... now you're bashing the armenian church, and you're defending some "canadian" made up kinda christianity?

Comment

Ok...

I am only speaking for myself here... but in my opinion, I should spend MORE time preaching the gospel... and I mean the gospel... telling people that they should become Christians is really an empty act if you don't inform them of how he/she can do that... The gospel, or "good news", is that although "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" and should be condemned... the Father sent Jesus to be the Ultimate sacrifice to pay for all those sins... so that people can have a shot at eternal life in heaven... thus... in order to be saved, you have to 1. repent (turn away) from your sins - now this doesn't mean you'll never sin again... we're only human... but it means our innermost desire is to not sin. 2. Accept Jesus as your Saviour... and it will be done.

and the way that a Christian "serves God" is, yes... to worship him.. which is the main purpose of going to Church on Sunday, and to spread the Word...

and I said that Christianity kept Armenians together... not the church, specifically... and man... hear me out! what are you calling "Canadian made-up kinda Christianity"... Christianity's based on the Bible... the Word of God... the gospel is the gospel no matter what language you say it in...
          and who am I bashing? I'm pointing out vulnerabilities brought about by people... the Armenian church has these vulnerabilities and so does the Anglican one and the Catholic one and the United Church and the Mennonites and whoever else recognizes Christ as Lord. people can't be perfect... they can only do their best and ask God for forgiveness where they fail...

Comment

Re: HOUSE & SENATE ADOPT $90 MILLION AID PACKAGE FOR ARMENIA

It's a pity,very VERY pity that Washington decided to give so many $$$$$ to the criminal regime in Armenia and 0 cent to our party to get the russian militaries completely and unconditionally out of the territory of Armenia!.."Armenia is not Karabakh and Yerevan is not Stepanakert's branch!" Party.

Comment

Re: HOUSE & SENATE ADOPT $90 MILLION AID PACKAGE FOR ARMENIA

Who is this garbage called Armen2008?

I think we have four options:

1) He is a Turk posing as an Armenian

2) He is an Armenian working for Turks

3) He is a dangerous lunatic on heavy medications

4) He may be working for the Armenian authorities (or the Russian NSB) trying to discredit the opposition in Yerevan by revealing how absurd their political platform is.

Moderators: Can you please track his IP address and tell us his location.
              Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
              X