Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Why Turkey will never be admitted into the European Union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Why Turkey will never be admitted into the European Union

I wouldn't expect you to know the truth about the founding of turkey and what powers pull the strings in turkey. As I said in another thread, from a young age you are subjected to government propaganda. Tell me, do they still teach you the "sun theory"?
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
      . Tell me, do they still teach you the "sun theory"?
      What is it? is it solar system ?

Comment

Sun theory, Kanki, though not solidly proven to be the basis of modern Turkish language (though I personally believe it's had a part in the reform of the language) was used to 'cleanse' the Turkish language of foreign influences. I only find the origins of Turkey very appealing, being from Mongolia, as far was western China. You talk about Kurd influence but you know jack xxxx about the real reasons behind the political rejections so just take your head out of your ass and go have a big mac cause Mr Bush is buying (don't forget to bend over when you're done).

Comment

I have heard that first time.. . I don't know

Comment

Originally posted by meline
            Turkey will not join the EU, at least in the foreseeable future, mainly due to 3 reasons.

1. The EU is an economic alliance in its nature. Membership is predetermined by the economic gains that the union could derive from the prospective member. Turkey's high rate of poverty, illiteracy and unemployment make it an unstable economic environment, that's why the potential benefits for the "brave new world" are negligent. Outsourcing and low labour cost in Turkey suit the EU just fine, in the framework of the "Partnership Policy", so why should they change it?

2. The number of votes cast in the European Parliament (the legislative body of the EU) per country, is a function of the size of the population of the Member State. With around 100 million, Turkey outsizes Germany (80 million). No one would give such power in their hands.

3. Turkey is NOT a European country.

All said, the decision about their prospective membership seems to be more economcal and practical in nature, than an ideological one.
            Many EU strategic planners want the EU to project its power into the Middle East. That's why they want Turkey to join the EU. It's geopolitics. It doesn't even have to do whether Turkey is in Europe or not.

The Turks used to be in majority in favor. That has changed. Turkey has become stronger economically. Turkey does a huge amount of business with Ukraine/Russia/Belarus, central Asia, Balkans, Iraq, Syria, Saudi etc as well as countries like Nigeria, Pakistan, India, Indonesia. The EU is important, but many in Turkey argue they are better off outside it. Turks consider themselves to be a regional power.

The Cyprus question, Armenian genocide question, tension with Greece, the Kurdish question, the position of the military in Turkish politics - none are considered crucial to EU bosses like Javier Solana

Comment

I am all for turkey to be part of the EU. Why inclose the beast for it to look Eastwards when it can be dissipated Westwards? Let the people that back stabbed us enjoy the fruit of their making. There is nothing like having a border to the EU without being in its mess. People, think smart and let the beast be absorbed by others. Let them be part of the EU and I will be the first to piss on a kemal's portrait in ankara.

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
                I am all for turkey to be part of the EU. Why inclose the beast for it to look Eastwards when it can be dissipated Westwards? Let the people that back stabbed us enjoy the fruit of their making. There is nothing like having a border to the EU without being in its mess. People, think smart and let the beast be absorbed by others. Let them be part of the EU and I will be the first to piss on a kemal's portrait in ankara.
                Couldnt agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
                  That's right!!!!!!!!!

The whole Christian white world looked the other way when the Genocide happened. My grandmother was an extremely wealthy man's daughter and a 19 year old beautiful newly bride already 3 months pregnant when in 1922 in Smirna the bloody attaturks continued their mass murders or rather the GENOCIDE, and her and her younger sister and brother escaped after sleeping under dead Armenians who were killed by the turks and continued to the sea when an Italian ship threw hot oil on them and on some of the survivors who wanted to save their life by crying to them to get into their ship; but they didn't and they threw hot oil on them.

In Cilicia, the then French government after the 1915 Genocide, have lured the Armenians' militia that if they fought then they will have Cilicia back to them again; all lies. The Armenians fought for more than three years, then the French government backed off their words and they gave the Armenians nothing. The French just wanted them to fight against the turks for their use, that was all. And they knew that those few survivors will do it as our people were practically annihilated already. And how the English government didn't care about anything but to get to Baku's oil. And we already know about the Germany's alliances with the turkish government and the German generals' inputs and their directing the attaturks how to commit the Genocide against the Christian minorities in turkey before 1915.

The two governments that I truly respect were the Greek and the Syrian governments. Greece have opened their doors to the Armenian survivors. They have given them the rights to their country and have given them shelters.

Also the Syrian governmental figures had a good heart and didn't follow Talaat's murderous orders. As the Syrian government were kind to the half dead Armenian survivors. They have given them the right to their country and the right to live.
                  Last edited by Anoush; 07-07-2008, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Yes there were massaceres made to innocent Armenians by the some Turkish generals (e.g. Talat Paşha, so the their soldiers did the commands), but also some Armenians killed Turks who were irrelevant with massacres. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Kanki View Post
                      Yes there were massaceres made to innocent Armenians by the some Turkish generals (e.g. Talat Paşha, so the their soldiers did the commands), but also some Armenians killed Turks who were irrelevant with massacres. . .
                      You are not thinking at all. After the attaturks systematically annihilated and committed a Genocide against the Armenians, how could anyone in the right mind object to a few survivors who wanted to fight back to save theirs or their kins' skins. It's like saying to an intruder to your house with a gun or a knife pointing at you and you not defending yourself. The courts, the jury and the judge will certainly be on the side of the defending party!!!!! The guilty party is the intruder who came into your house with a gun or a knife pointing at you!!!!!!!

And how could a few Armenian survivors trust any turks after the Genocide, when everyone, including the kurds, the gendarmes and the criminals who were freed from the jails to attack every Armenian on sight, including children, old people and women. Mutilating them then killing them. Who could believe any turk or any kurd after that???????
                      Last edited by Anoush; 07-07-2008, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X