Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Welcome your neighbors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cumanicus
    Let me understand clearly:
    1. You shamelessly deny that Turkey sent tons of wheat to Armenia at 1988 earthquake.
    2. But you couldn't find any evidence to your shameless lie and change the subject.

What you copy/past from RFE/RL thing is not related what I said as you know very well. So did you satisfied now wino? Do you feel now as if you proved anything?

TURKEY SENT TONS OF WHEAT TO ARMENIA AT 1988, IF YOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE THAT DENY THIS THEN STATE IT, OTHERWISE DON'T TRY TO PLAY RHETORIC GAMES BY CHANGING THE SUBJECT. HELLOOO, ANYBODY THERE???
    Lets see I don't have any evidence that aliens from Venus did not send antigravity belts - do I have to proove this claim of mine as well? I think the burden of proof here is on you - since the articles I posted clearly indicate that no aid come from Turkey and Azerbaijan and that the blockade was in force. Additionally I remember scenes of groups of Turks celebrating in the streets all happy about this disaster occuring to Armenains - so don't tell me what did and did not happen!

Comment

You really live in a kind of dream world. Turkey sent tons of wheat to Armenia. People collect money, bank accounts for aid was opened.
      Oh! How evil are these Turks.. they always think about how to harm Armenians.

So they sent wheat, money, and more aid across a border they had a blockade on? Why didn't they just open the borders up?

Comment

Turkey sent help during the earthquake, I was 1 year old when the earthquake stuck and i was in Vanadzor, i was affected by this and i have talked to my parents about the response of Turkey. Its stupid not to acknowledge this help and to try to argue against it. Then the escalation of the Artsakh war turned us into Turkey's enemy again and it decided that it needed to blockade us which in turn did much harm and did nothing good for Turkey's imagine in Armenia. It was Azeris cheering in the streets, nothing to a big extent like that in Turkey. I dont think at the collapse of the CCCP there was much enmity between our countries. Turkeys actions afterwards reopened the wounds of the genocide. To this day our government does not have genocide recognition as a prerequisite for normalizing relations, it is Turkey that stupidly insists that we drop the memory of 1.5 million fallen ancestors to open a border. try to think about that.

Comment

I am more mad with my countrymen that are still arguing with a bunch of insignificant imbeciles.

Do you people not see that all they do is posting their pish in order to irritiate you?

The only reason that you people should sit and talk to these clowns is for your personal entertainment. That is the purpose of the clowns after all.
          Last edited by Կարմիր Բ; 11-22-2005, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by winoman
            Lets see I don't have any evidence that aliens from Venus did not send antigravity belts - do I have to proove this claim of mine as well? I think the burden of proof here is on you - since the articles I posted clearly indicate that no aid come from Turkey and Azerbaijan and that the blockade was in force. Additionally I remember scenes of groups of Turks celebrating in the streets all happy about this disaster occuring to Armenains - so don't tell me what did and did not happen!
            wino, I don't have a desire to play rhetoric games with you since you are a hypocritical person. You know what you do very well. The article that you post is about how Turkish ministery of Health refused Armenian help at 1999 earthquake. And after that, this stupid minister is hugely protested in Turkey because of his idiotic behaviour.
            You are misinformed or simply lie about some Turks celebrate Armenian earthquake. I remember that time, Turkey sent a huge amount of aid, I remember the tons of wheat very well. I remember because some stupid nationalists and some Azeris protested this aid of Turkish government. I remember that a bank account had opened for donations to help Armenia.
            Consider this as my last reply to you because it is not enjoyable for me to coorect your every lie, it is boring and you do not deserve any more reply.

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian
              Turkey sent help during the earthquake, I was 1 year old when the earthquake stuck and i was in Vanadzor, i was affected by this and i have talked to my parents about the response of Turkey. Its stupid not to acknowledge this help and to try to argue against it. Then the escalation of the Artsakh war turned us into Turkey's enemy again and it decided that it needed to blockade us which in turn did much harm and did nothing good for Turkey's imagine in Armenia. It was Azeris cheering in the streets, nothing to a big extent like that in Turkey. I dont think at the collapse of the CCCP there was much enmity between our countries. Turkeys actions afterwards reopened the wounds of the genocide. To this day our government does not have genocide recognition as a prerequisite for normalizing relations, it is Turkey that stupidly insists that we drop the memory of 1.5 million fallen ancestors to open a border. try to think about that.
              I agree, but the problem is not Armenia, it is diaspora. And you also have to understand that Azerbaijan is one of the most important ally of Turkey and we can not simply open the borders before Armenian invasion finished. Ordinary people do not have a problem with Armenia, Armenians or border. Especially people of provinces close to Armenia border want Turkey to open the border. But it is a problem of diplomacy with Turkey-Armenia-Azerbaijan.

Comment

I agree, but the problem is not Armenia, it is diaspora. And you also have to understand that Azerbaijan is one of the most important ally of Turkey and we can not simply open the borders before Armenian invasion finished. Ordinary people do not have a problem with Armenia, Armenians or border. Especially people of provinces close to Armenia border want Turkey to open the border. But it is a problem of diplomacy with Turkey-Armenia-Azerbaijan.
                Phooey.
                Last edited by TomServo; 11-23-2005, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ace
                  So they sent wheat, money, and more aid across a border they had a blockade on? Why didn't they just open the borders up?
                  There was no blockade of Armenia in 1988, unless you count the self-imposed one that the Soviet authorities had enforced since the 1930s. The only crossing point between Turkey and Armenia in 1988 was via the once a week train between Kars and Leninakan.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Turkish declared blockade of Armenia in 1993 - however it was actually in effect before this date. In fact UN called for Turkey to lift blockade in 1992 - before it was officially enacted - as defacto Turkey had been blocking shipments of materials into Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by winoman
                      Turkish declared blockade of Armenia in 1993 - however it was actually in effect before this date. In fact UN called for Turkey to lift blockade in 1992 - before it was officially enacted - as defacto Turkey had been blocking shipments of materials into Armenia.
                      In 1992 the Kars-Leninakan train still ran as a weekly service (just like it had throughout the 1970s and 80s) and there was no blockade - so there was nothing that could be "lifted". In the early 1990s I believe it was also possible to cross the border by foot, using the same border crossing at the railway crossing point (but I can't confirm this for certain).
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X