Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Liberation of Western Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Liberation of Western Armenia

I now see your right lucin I'm tired of discussing with him all he tell's is BS

Comment

Lucin

Same answer, reread the former discussions. "Western Armenia" is a part of Turkey and constitutes most of the Kurdish homeland of this country.

Hence, you're debating about Turks yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
        Nice attempt to evade the subject, I still wait for the links I required frm you.

Comment

[edit] History
          Main article: History of the Hittites
          The Hittite kingdom is conventionally divided into three periods, the Old Hittite Kingdom (ca. 1750–1500 BC), the Middle Hittite Kingdom (ca. 1500–1430 BC) and the New Hittite Kingdom (the Hittite Empire proper, ca. 1430–1180 BC).

The earliest known member of a Hittite speaking dynasty, Pithana, was based at the city of Kussara. In the 18th century BC Anitta, his son and successor, made the Hittite speaking city of Neša into one of his capitals and adopted the Hittite language for his inscriptions there. However, Kussara remained the dynastic capital for about a century until Labarna II adopted Hattusa as the dynastic seat, possibly taking the throne name of Hattusili, "man of Hattusa", at that time.

The Old Kingdom, centered at Hattusa, peaked during the 16th century, and even managed to sack Babylon at one point, but made no attempt to govern there, enabling the Kassite to rise to prominence there and rule it for over 400 years.

During the 15th century, Hittite power fell into obscurity, re-emerging with the reign of Tudhaliya I from ca. 1400 BC. Under Suppiluliuma I and Mursili II, the Empire was extended to most of Anatolia and parts of Syria and Canaan, so that by 1300 the Hittites were bordering on the Egyptian sphere of influence, leading to the inconclusive Battle of Kadesh in 1274 BC.

Civil war and rivalling claims to the throne, combined with the external threat of the Sea Peoples weakened the Hittites and by 1160 BC, the Empire had collapsed. "Neo-Hittite" post-Empire states, petty kingdoms under Assyrian rule, may have lingered on until ca. 700 BC, and the Bronze Age Hittite and Luwian dialects evolved into the sparsely attested Lydian, Lycian and Carian languages.

Remnants of these languages lingered into Persian times and were finally extinct by the spread of Hellenism.

this is from wikipedia and after alexanders conquest many greeks moved in asia-minor and started colonies there so what do you need to know about a people that no longer existed how can you be there desecndents if they allready were replaced by indo-european people and that about Armenia needs get back to europe than what about the persians and the hindus tell me about it and please remove the picture of that gay guy from your last post

Comment

Karo

So, to you, the collapse of an empire means the physical disappearence of its population? Strange logic, if we took it, Turks wouldn't be the descendents of Anatolian Ottomans, and Russians wouldn't be the descendents of Soviets.

Where does it tell Hittites, Phrygians, and Lydians died? Where does it say most people of Anatolia were Greeks and Romans prior to the Turkish conquest, and were exterminated by the Turkish forces? It is only the history of the Hittite Kingdom, nothing else...

Don't you have anything productive to say? I still wait for the links

there so what do you need to know about a people that no longer existed how can you be there desecndents if they allready were replaced by indo-european people
            Where in your text it says they don't exist anymore physically speaking? Listen, Hittite were Indo-European people... you're so ignorant of Anatolian history, then you have the audacity to play the intellectual about this topic.

and that about Armenia needs get back to europe than what about the persians and the hindus tell me about it
            Don't evade the subject, we are talking about Armenians and Turks, not India and Iran.

But still, Persians and Hindus are Indo-Iranian speakers, they don't speak European languages unlike Armenians. Nice try though. So if the language of Turks, which is Asian, isn't Anatolian enough for you, cross Caucasus mountains and go to Europe where people speak the same languages as you, although they're physically White unlike you.

this is from wikipedia and after alexanders conquest many greeks moved in asia-minor and started colonies
            Well, It is nice to admit Greeks were colonisers in Anatolia, so why do you victimise them, as if they were indigenous? You seem to be self-contradicting. Also, Greeks colonised Anatolia centuries before Alexander The Great was ever born, Greeks attacked the Lydians (Western Turkey) and destroyed Troya.

P.S: Wikipedia is not a reliable source

and please remove the picture of that gay guy from your last post
            Ok, and don't forget the links

Last edited by sirius1234; 07-07-2007, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post

You are tired of discussing with him; yet you are responding to his EVERY xxxx, STOP doing so then.
              You are just ruining the thread with your absurd, disgusting and completely irrelevant bullxxxx.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
                You are tired of discussing with him; yet you are responding to his EVERY xxxx, STOP doing so then.
                You are just ruining the thread with your absurd, disgusting and completely irrelevant bullxxxx.

Comment

I don't have much time so I'll try to do this quick the hittite empire colopases, after that the assirians came they hade children with the locals and blood line became thiner, than the medes came and the same happend and then the persians this happend on a larger scale than alexander and his man came and the same happend. After the dead of Alexander Selceudics took over that part of the world and they had greeks marriening locals and having decendends their empire collopaste as it happens to each empire than Pontus and armenia ruled over those aries and pontic and armenian soldiers some times married those people and then rome came for almost 500 years with it's culture and all and the same happend. After the collapse of the west-roman empire byzantian empire with it's greeks ruled the land than came the arabs who did the same with their harrams and after the arabs the mongol turks invidaded and did the same you see the hittite blood can not survive mor than 2000 year of inter marrige with somany diffrent people. I think I proved my point here and that's the last post yousee of me discussing with you on this subject

Karo
                  Last edited by KarotheGreat; 07-07-2007, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Karo

You have enough time to make your delirious statements though. Where are the links?

You proved nothing, my dear... you just stated the fact Turks have various ancestors, just like Armenians, who were invaded by the same invaders you listed, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Greek Byzantines, Arabs, Seljuks, Ottomans, Mongols, Russians etc, the "Armenian blood" did not survive those millenia of mix and mass rapes.

By the way, Assyrians are the Iraqi people, and they owned "Western Armenia" centuries before Armenia ever existed. So this area should be given back to Iraqis, following your logic.

So, will you provide the links I required from you to prove your point, or will you just run away as usual?

Last edited by sirius1234; 07-07-2007, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sirius1234 View Post
                      Why are you posting a picture of this GAY HOMOSEXUAL in this thread? do you know that the father of the Turks enjoyed large Penises up his anus? are you proud of that? you should be ashamed.

Comment

Working...
                      X