Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are there Persians in Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raynec
    replied
    Re: Are there Persians in Iran?

Guys, let's stop falling out with each other. Azerbaijanis (or Azeris) are a MIXED nation. Let's arrange everything.
    The earliest inhabitants of modern day Republic of Azerbaijan, Dagestan's Derbent, Tabasaran and Rutul regions, and modern day Republic of Georgia's Marneuli, Bolnisi, Dmanisi, Gardabani, Sagarejo, Kaspi, Mtskheta, Tsalka, Lagodekhi, Kareli Tetri-Tskaro, Gori and Telavi regions were Caucasian Albans.
    The earliest inhabitants of modern day Iran's Western Azerbaijan, Eastern Azerbaijan, Ardebil, Zanjan, Kazvin, Kordistan, Khamadan, Mazandaran, Horasan-Rezavi, North Horasan, Markazi and Gilan provinces were Medes (ancient Iranian (NOT Persian!!) people).
    At the turn of XI-XII centuries Oghuz Turks and some other smaller Turkic groups came to the territories I enumerated above. Oghuz Turks and some other smaller Turkic nationalities assimilated and mixed with 2 big local nations (Caucasian Albans and Medes), 23 other smaller local nationalities and more than 50 local tribes and formed the core of Azerbaijani (or Azeri) nation in the end of XII century. The end of the forming of Azerbaijani people as a nation as it is at the present time was at the beginning of XVI century. The language Azerbaijani people speak now belongs to the Turkic branch.
    So Azeris (or Azerbaijanis) were formed as a nation by mixture of 3 big nations (Caucasian Albans, Medes and Oghuz Turks), 23 other smaller nationalities and more than 50 tribes.

Leave a comment:

• Federate
    replied

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    Perhaps Persopolis can debunk all these fake posts then you can lock them, lol.
    Reviving old threads is no longer a problem! Carry on

Leave a comment:

• jgk3
    replied

Or we can incite him to do other things... Watch this: "I think Oslonor is right, Iranians are descended from Nordics from Gotland, and they were originally a bunch of sexy blonds, but then arabs and turks touched them in naughty places and ruined their ancient Viking beauty".

Leave a comment:

• KanadaHye
    replied

Perhaps Persopolis can debunk all these fake posts then you can lock them, lol.

Leave a comment:

• jgk3
    replied

Chillax, no one reads this thread anymore, and oslonor was banned a while ago.

Leave a comment:

• Persopolis
    replied

This Oslonor person is just an idiot making trouble. There are actually sites warning about Oslonor: I've pasted some quotes about him below: Notice that the picture "he" puts and says looks like him is actually of a woman. Pffff.

FROM THE SITE OF OSLONOR: Welcome to Persians and Hollywood. My name is Oslonor and I live in California with my Persian wife. I am not Iranian myself but I am interested about Iran's history and culture. If you want to know how I look like, I found this picture on the internet which looks like me very much. So I am using this picutre. http://oslonor.blogspot.com/

NOTE: The picture this moron put up who lives with his "Persian wife" is of a woman from the Matrix.
    INTERNET WARNINGS ABOUT OSLONOR

Oslonor

One of the worst offenders is the so-called "Oslonor." He is not Iranian, nor has he visited Iran yet he makes ludicrous claims that the orginal Aryan Iranians were Nordics (Swedish). He constantly uses misleading pictures to prove his point and continue his blatant racism. Iran does have some blonde-haired people, but most of the material this Oslonor writes is just pure drivel.

Iranian-Azaris are Iranians too (don't confuse them with the Khazarian Turks in Azerbaijan).

How Persians are presented in Hollywood films. Oliver Stone - Alexander

This is his main blog about Persians and Iranian-Azaris. Here he claims that real Iranians are "blonde" Nordics.

This is a blatantly racist and insulting blog, claiming the Achaemenians were Turkicized barbarians who raided and killed people.

Another racist blog insulting Iranian-Azaris (again don't confuse these people with the Pan-Turkists in The Republic of Azerbaijan).

Be warned Oslonor has plenty of other blogs and articles than those posted here. This is an article he has written in an otherwise respectable site.

This is his forum. Fortunately it has not grown much.

Do not trust any sources which are associated with oslonor.
    Last edited by Persopolis; 03-16-2011, 09:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Persopolis
    replied

Most of the Azaris in Iran are actually Persians - only with a slightly Turkified language. An idiot Shah from several hundred years ago thought it would be a good idea for purposes of commerce to allow the Old-Azari language (which is a pure Persian dialect) change into a Turkified one. That's the short version of the story. Iran has some "real turks," but they are on the North East border (where Turkmenistan is).

Here is the original Old-Azari Language which the Ottomans, Khazars ("Republic of Azerbaijan"), and Stalin tried to erase from history: Iranian-Azaris and Azerbaijanis are not exactly the same people.

Leave a comment:

• Persopolis
    replied

Originally posted by skhara View Post
    I really don't see very major differences beetween the population samples. There are differences betwee individuals themselves however. And where the hell do you get that Ahmadinejad or the Ayatollah are "turks"?
    I seriously doubt the person who made that video is Iranian. That's the problem with the internet: People can pretend to be Santa Claus if they want to.

Leave a comment:

• Parskahay
    replied

Originally posted by Army View Post
    I am not insulting any Persian here. Why are those Turks 'Iranians who speak Turkish' but you are a 'half Armenian', thats what I do not get. Historically, those people (Azeris and Persians-Kurds) are from different regions. Yes, they are shia and they live in Iran. You may call them 'Iranian', however that does not change their ethnic roots.

If Turks in Iran are not really Turks but they are 'Turkish speaking Iranians'..

then Persians in Iranian are also are not Persians.. they are Iranians who speak Persian. huh?
    kinda like luri and mazandarani people
    but still there are persians in iran as i mentioned before

Leave a comment:

• Army
    replied

I am not insulting any Persian here. Why are those Turks 'Iranians who speak Turkish' but you are a 'half Armenian', thats what I do not get. Historically, those people (Azeris and Persians-Kurds) are from different regions. Yes, they are shia and they live in Iran. You may call them 'Iranian', however that does not change their ethnic roots.

If Turks in Iran are not really Turks but they are 'Turkish speaking Iranians'..

then Persians in Iranian are also are not Persians.. they are Iranians who speak Persian. huh?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X