Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Rise of the Russian Empire: Russo-Armenian Relations

Russia to grant Armenia $500 mln loan - PM Putin

MOSCOW, February 27 (RIA Novosti) - Russia will grant Armenia a $500 million loan following approval by the lower house, the Russian prime minister said Friday.

"We have almost finished working on the issue of granting Armenia a $500 million loan, we are implementing this agreement. The budget should be approved by the State Duma. I hope this will be completed in the near future," Vladimir Putin told his Armenian counterpart Tigran Sargsyan.

Russia and Armenia signed a preliminary agreement on the stabilization loan on February 9. In line with the agreement, the loan is granted for 15 years with a four-year grace period.

Opening the meeting with his Armenian counterpart in his country residence, Putin said "steady contacts are maintained practically on all levels."

"I note with pleasure that despite all the difficulties, our trade turnover last year grew by 10%; good projects in the energy and transportation spheres are being implemented," he said.

In turn, Sargsyan said the co-chairmen of an intergovernmental commission who met in Moscow on Friday "touched upon all questions of mutual interest and reached an agreement on all issues."

"We assess the work of our colleagues very highly," he added.

Sargsyan also expressed hope that Russia's aid would help Armenia overcome the consequences of the global financial crisis.

"This is a serious sum for us, and I am convinced that as a result of the financial aid provided by you, we will be able to overcome the negative consequences of the global crisis. And I am certain that this money will help thousands of companies with Russian capital operate effectively," he said.
    Last edited by ZORAVAR; 02-28-2009, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORAVAR View Post
      You sound like the typical raptor fanboy that I often come accross. Too much hype about that bird. Don't be blinded by the massaged/manipulated/over-optimistic/propagandish info released about the F-22.

Your information (which seems to be limited to the internet) and knowledge of stealth is mirroring what positive info the US wants to release about the F-22. Be carefull, all these have an agenda (propaganda, politics, economics etc.) same things can be said about the Russians and others.

By the way, this thread is not the place to discuss aviation matters. If you want to continue these discussions, send me PM.
      Why would I PM you? I don’t even like you man.

You are the one who wants to turn this into a pissing contest.
      I like both Aircraft but I believe the YF-22 is more superior. Aviation is my career and my life……but you are right, this is not the place to post aviation related subjects.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

It is unfortunate to see a brewing discord between the two of you, you each represent great pools of knowledge that are essencial to balancing the forces of inanity on these forums.

If you wish to continue this argument about aviation, I will go ahead and make a new thread for it. Pm me if you have any comments or suggestions, I don't want this thread to go any further off track.

Comment

jgk3,

I appreciate your noble efforts to moderate this thread but I will politely decline to discuss aviation related matters in a separate thread with such an emotional poster who misunderstands my posts and thinks I am disagreeing with him (when there is no fundamental disagreement).

Anyways, I wish him the best of luck in his career.
          Last edited by ZORAVAR; 02-28-2009, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Armenian PM invites Russia's Putin to visit Yerevan

YEREVAN, February 28 (RIA Novosti) - Armenian Prime Minister Tigran Sargsyan said Saturday that during his working visit to Moscow on Friday he invited his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin to visit Armenia.

"Putin accepted my invitation and we hope this year we will receive the Russian prime minister," Sargsyan said, adding that the visit would become an impetus to implement the programs on which mutual agreements have been reached.

The Armenian premier said Russian First Deputy Prime Minister Viktor Zubkov and Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Kozak have also been invited.

At Friday's meeting, Putin said Russia will grant Armenia a $500 million loan following approval by the lower house.

"We have almost finished working on the issue of granting Armenia a $500 million loan, we are implementing this agreement. The budget should be approved by the State Duma. I hope this will be completed in the near future," he told Sargsyan.

Russia and Armenia signed a preliminary agreement on the stabilization loan on February 9. In line with the agreement, the loan is granted for 15 years with a four-year grace period.

Armenian Prime Minister Tigran Sargsyan said Saturday that during his working visit to Moscow on Friday he invited his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin to visit Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORAVAR View Post
              jgk3,

I appreciate your noble efforts to moderate this thread but I will politely decline to discuss aviation related matters in a separate thread with such an emotional poster who misunderstands my posts and thinks I am disagreeing with him (when there is no fundamental disagreement).

Anyways, I wish him the best of luck in his career.
              All in good fun aghper jan.

Thanks for the good luck but I must warn y’ll…..stay the hell away from aviation; not enough pay and way too much responsibility.

Sheers
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Bailing out countries. What a difference:

The Russian government is bailing out friendly ex-Soviet nations left and right.
                Just in the last few weks we learned about:

Kyrgyzstan...$2.2 billion
                Kazakhstan..$3.0 billion
                Uzbekistan...$1.3 billion
                Armenia…....$500 million
                Tajikistan (not disclosed yet)

I guess it pays out to have good relations with Moscow.

On the other hand, what are the other ex-Soviet nations getting? I am talking about the ones that are not friendly with the Russians, the ones that have governments who sold (or are selling) their souls to NATO...

Find below an article that puts things in perspective.

ZORAVAR

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Financial forecast for Eastern Europe following bailout failure

The European Union has rejected a 190 billion euro bailout for Central and Eastern European members in deep economic crises. Now the prospects for Eastern Europe are gloomy at best.

An economic storm has hit the region, leaving national economies shaking to the core. The Baltic States will find it hardest to recover, with their hopes for help from their western neighbours fading.

"The European Union can provide credits but now when even in Western Europe credits are hard to obtain, the problems for these countries will be even greater,” says Dmitry Babich, Editor-in-Chief of Russia’s Profil Magazine.

Looking at the current trends, RT has its own predictions over what will happen in the coming months:

LATVIA

Latvia is facing a true financial drought with foreign investments almost evaporating.

All of its rates are down, according to the Standard & Poor’s ratings agency. Its GDP dropped by more than 10 per cent in late 2008 – the worst result among all 27 members of the EU.

The country is seeking help from the International Monetary Fund, but many doubt it'll happen any time soon, as Latvia's credit rating has been cut to ‘junk’ status.

The country's government resigned about a week ago, which further complicates the situation.

“They tried to tie their economies to the EU and to lessen the amount of economic contacts with Russia to a minimum. When the economic crisis hit, instead of having two supports, they had just one,” Babich adds.

LITHUANIA & ESTONIA

Standard & Poor’s is also set to downgrade the ratings of Latvia's sister republics Lithuania and Estonia, which means the storm has affected them almost as much.

“If the EU really wanted to help – it would help. That needs a political will. But as far as it hasn't happened yet – the EU left the Baltic States on their own,” says Aleksandr Razuvaev, SobinBank analytical department’s deputy head.

UKRAINE

This intemperate crisis seems to be moving further inland with another obvious epicenter found in Ukraine which is not a EU member.

Ukraine's economy is lying in ruins. The country's GDP slumped by 20 per cent year-on-year in January, badly affecting many people.

Almost a million unemployed have already been officially registered, and their number is expected to increase five-fold by the end of the year.

Ukraine is close to default. Its rating is now the lowest in Europe and matches the likes of Pakistan.

S&P left the outlook negative, suggesting there may even be worse to come.

“Emergency loans from European countries or the IMF would definitely help Ukraine. The Fund gave Kiev $US four billion of ‘standby credit’, but is holding back from further handouts. The current political instability and a high level of corruption in the country make the situation even worse. A sovereign default is now an entirely possible scenario,” Aleksandr Razuvaev says.

Comment

Some people think they have freedom (without recognizing it as an illusion) but instead all they have is poverty and servitude. If you are going to serve at least do it on a full stomache.

Comment

Moscow Top News

Очень много интересных и разных материалов по Москве. Цель moscowtopnews.com заинтересовать вечно спешащих людей городом, где они живут. Мы хотим, чтобы знать Москву стало хорошим тоном. Тогда и забота о ее сохранении превратиться для нас в насущную потребность.

Now has a sister site, Russian Sentry. People can also make comments on articles on both sites now.

They are still looking for input on Javakhk.

Comment

very nice find Illuminator, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X