Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Georgian Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian Georgian Relations

Originally posted by Setta View Post
    Don't want to start a firestorm....I understand the disappointment with US policy regarding Artsakh and the Genocide recogntion, but the US govt and Diaspora provide generous funding to Armenia unlike Russia which appears to help itself to our electricity and telecommunications industries, etc., without any apparent benefit to the Armenians. Armenians are not used for target practice in the US. Why would it be against Armenia's interests to kick Russia out and invite a US military base into Armenia instead? Armenia is already allowing the Caucasus branch of Langley to operate out of that massive US embassy in Yerevan. There may be some incipient grumbling from Tehran but wouldn't the Armenians be better off in the long run once the Iranians calmed down? Also, isn't it possible that with a US base in Armenia, the US and the Iranian govts could begin a discreet process of reconciliation? At the least, wouldn't the Armenians have a better chance of keeping the territory the Azeris lost in the war and getting recognition for it as an independent state? Both Czarist and Communist Russia inflicted irrevocable damage on the Armenian nation. Why is Armenia wasting her time with Russia when we could have the US as our superpower ally?

A blog about the rise of Russia, Russian-Armenian relations and Eurasian geopolitics

Please read this blog, from start to finish. Also, it is updated a few times a month.

You will get a lot of your answers. And please, watch what is happening in Egypt, an American client state, see how easily the US kicked mubarek to the curb? They do it to all their autocratic rulers, people who they put into power in the first place. Having US as patron of Armenia instead of Russia wouldn't make Armenia any more democratic. If you want reforms, whether that is toward democarcy or some other form of government, and the rule of law, the people in the nation need to do it themselves, it is a holistic process. It can't be dictated from the top down, encouraged yes, but not dictated. Case in point, Iraq, it will fall apart once the US is fully out.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
      ^^^ Interesting gegev, didn't know that, I assumed it was Russia.

In regards to your question:
      Relations should remain cooperative; however the Javakh issue must be solved if Georgia wants Armenia to mediate their relations with Russia. With that in mind and their strong relations with Azeris and Turks, Armenia should lobby vigorously in upper house of Russia to annex part of Georgia to create a corridor that would give a common border with Russia and an access to Black Sea (Abkhazia-Poti-Ajaria-Javakheti corridor).
      The threat of carving such a corridor can also be used against Suckissvelly to curve the treatment of the Armenians in Javakh and the use of their airspace in case a war starts with Azerbaijan.

Originally posted by gegev View Post
      If Azeries will start the war against Armenia, it would be perfect time for Russia to carry out the plan, you pointed out. Using the fact that Georgia is trying to help Azeries and Ajaria, Javakh minorities discrimination. At that point, other strong arguments would be available, too.
      Isn't this idea considered by Russians in past? During Russian-Georgian war?
      Last edited by gegev; 02-07-2011, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Russian skinheads don't represent Russia. Plus I could care less what Russia people think, what's important is Russian government's stance towards us, which is positive. We are to them, what Israel is to USA.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
          Russian skinheads don't represent Russia. Plus I could care less what Russia people think, what's important is Russian government's stance towards us, which is positive. We are to them, what Israel is to USA.
          As usual, you stick with your agenda, without reading the question properly. I didn't talk about skinheads, but Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
            As usual, you stick with your agenda, without reading the question properly. I didn't talk about skinheads, but Russia.
            I wasn't addressing your post, I was talking about Nare's statement about the skinheads.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

I don't think Nare understands the fact that Armenia is much too weak to survive on its own and that Russia is the only power in the world today which has a interest in Armenia surviving and the strength to back it up. The USA and the zionists would like nothing better then for someone like LTP to take power again and destroy Armenia once and for all, they have proved this many times when LTP was president and when they tried their collor revolution afterward. The russian interest in Armenia is of course derived from self interest and we are lucky that this is so for no one else is willing to guerantee our security like Russia has for many decades. A important fact Nare and others here should not forget is that armenians in Armenia have never enjoyed the a higher quality of life then they did during soviet times (under russian rule). Today the average armenian citizen today is far worst off then the average citizen was during soviet days. The armenian population in our present day homeland is dwindeling because families cannot survive there but during soviet times survival was not an issue people had the necessities of life and were more concerned with intellectual matters. I dont think most people who are born in the west understand what Russia has done for Armenia and why we cannot rely on another power. Yes it is in Russias interest for Armenia to be there and to remain dependent and that is way better then our other options which invariably lead to total anniahlation of Armenia.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Please read this blog, from start to finish. Also, it is updated a few times a month.

I just started but one thing that leaped off the page was the recommendation to do business with China. Cultivating trade relations with China should be a priority for Armenia. We now have a small Armenian community in China. http://asbarez.com/83435/first-armen...tism-in-china/

I'll read the entire blog, but I just don't know about Russia and Armenia. What concerns me most is Putin's closeness to the British branch of the Rothschild family. It seemed that immediately after Putin returned from his sojourn at the Rothschild estate in England, the Russian government began to shift toward the Azeri side. Russia may be willing to toss Armenia overboard in order to be a player in the "Great Game."

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                  I don't think Nare understands the fact that Armenia is much too weak to survive on its own and that Russia is the only power in the world today which has a interest in Armenia surviving and the strength to back it up. The USA and the zionists would like nothing better then for someone like LTP to take power again and destroy Armenia once and for all, they have proved this many times when LTP was president and when they tried their collor revolution afterward. The russian interest in Armenia is of course derived from self interest and we are lucky that this is so for no one else is willing to guerantee our security like Russia has for many decades. A important fact Nare and others here should not forget is that armenians in Armenia have never enjoyed the a higher quality of life then they did during soviet times (under russian rule). Today the average armenian citizen today is far worst off then the average citizen was during soviet days. The armenian population in our present day homeland is dwindeling because families cannot survive there but during soviet times survival was not an issue people had the necessities of life and were more concerned with intellectual matters. I dont think most people who are born in the west understand what Russia has done for Armenia and why we cannot rely on another power. Yes it is in Russias interest for Armenia to be there and to remain dependent and that is way better then our other options which invariably lead to total anniahlation of Armenia.
                  How was Levon pro-west though? He was a corrupt thug during his presidency, but I really don't see how his foreign policy was pro-West, it was very similar to today's foreign policy.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---

Comment

Originally posted by Setta View Post

I just started but one thing that leaped off the page was the recommendation to do business with China. Cultivating trade relations with China should be a priority for Armenia. We now have a small Armenian community in China. http://asbarez.com/83435/first-armen...tism-in-china/

I'll read the entire blog, but I just don't know about Russia and Armenia. What concerns me most is Putin's closeness to the British branch of the Rothschild family. It seemed that immediately after Putin returned from his sojourn at the Rothschild estate in England, the Russian government began to shift toward the Azeri side. Russia may be willing to toss Armenia overboard in order to be a player in the "Great Game."

Putin is a Russian patriot first and foremost. I do not doubt for a minute that he is some stooge of the anglo-american-zionist axis. And if you look at Russia's attitude since 1991, toward Armenia and azerbaijan, it is pretty clear that they have been more pro Armenia than azerbaijan. A lot of people forget that during the 90s Russia transferred up to $1 billion worth of military equipment to Armenia for free. We maintain much closer military and foreign policy cooperation with them than does azerbaijan, and most other former soviet countries for that matter.

And what do you mean Russia may be willing to toss Armenia in order to be a play in the Great Game? They are already a player in that game and thanks to the events of the 2008 Russo-georgian war, they are now the dominant player in the game, not just in the Caucasus but Central Asia as well.

For Russia, Armenia is the hammer they use to keep turks and azeris in check. They would lose much more than they'd gain by throwing away a willing ally like Armenia so as to align azerbaijan with them. The azeris pursue a pan-turkic agenda just as the turks do, what do you think their new foreign policy of 'neo-ottomanism' is all about? They can claim that it only means to have good relations with former ottoman subject nations, but actions speak louder than words, and the turks have got it in their head that they are a regional hegemon out to restore their lost glory. They won't get there if Armenia, Russia and Iran have a say in it, which they undoubtedly do!
                    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                      Do you wake up in the morning and decide to make up facts? First, you tried and failed, to convince people here that georgia is better off than Armenia, now you are claiming that Russia is not an ally of Armenia?

And it is well known who funded the bolsheviks and who made up the large chunk of their leadership. It wasn't Orthodox Slavic Russians, I can tell you that.
                      Do you have a special group of ill mannered users here?!

It is not enough that you live in your dream world where you have allies ( which keep on killing our guys) you also get personal ...

Comment

Working...
                      X