Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Georgian Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian Georgian Relations

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    Russian skinheads don't represent Russia. Plus I could care less what Russia people think, what's important is Russian government's stance towards us, which is positive. We are to them, what Israel is to USA.

Unfortunately they do...Skinheads are linked with high ranked Russian officials there...

Why do you think no Georgians or xxx was killed in Russia? Only because skinhead leaders are said not to target them because both countries will make an international issue out of it but Armenian govt indeed couldn't care less, so do diaspora leaders...

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      I don't think Nare understands the fact that Armenia is much too weak to survive on its own and that Russia is the only power in the world today which has a interest in Armenia surviving and the strength to back it up. The USA and the zionists would like nothing better then for someone like LTP to take power again and destroy Armenia once and for all, they have proved this many times when LTP was president and when they tried their collor revolution afterward. The russian interest in Armenia is of course derived from self interest and we are lucky that this is so for no one else is willing to guerantee our security like Russia has for many decades. A important fact Nare and others here should not forget is that armenians in Armenia have never enjoyed the a higher quality of life then they did during soviet times (under russian rule). Today the average armenian citizen today is far worst off then the average citizen was during soviet days. The armenian population in our present day homeland is dwindeling because families cannot survive there but during soviet times survival was not an issue people had the necessities of life and were more concerned with intellectual matters. I dont think most people who are born in the west understand what Russia has done for Armenia and why we cannot rely on another power. Yes it is in Russias interest for Armenia to be there and to remain dependent and that is way better then our other options which invariably lead to total anniahlation of Armenia.

And I doubt that people understand what I am saying. I don't oppose what you are saying. But my point is to realise Russians are only working for their own interests and not because they indeed want to help us. They will not hesitate to sell us as they have done if better offer comes up. And for that we have to use all our potentials around the world to develop our country. If we free our country from oligarchs many Diaspora Armenians will be able to help Motherland, and I am talking about major things. Armenian brains are developing other countries, we need that for ourselves, for Armenia...Then our people can move back from Russia and not be killed there for being an Armenian...
      Last edited by Nare; 02-08-2011, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
        Isn't this idea considered by Russians in past? During Russian-Georgian war?
        Yes, by Russian politicans but I don't think it is fully considered at executive level.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Nare,

You're saying the Russians only help us because it's in their own interest like it's something wrong. All nations work for their own interests, America does it. They bomb Iraq and Afghanistan to bring democracy there but when it comes to Egypt than democracy is suddenly a problem. In short every nation works for their own interests and so should we. However, let's get real here, if Armenia was left to itself we couldn't survive for a day. I know this doesn't sound "pleasant" but we all should put our emotions aside and assess the situation with a rational mind. Armenia, is a small landlocked country with a dwindling population and no real economy to speak of. We have what we have because of the enormous sacrifice our ancestors have made and because Russia needs us in this region. If Russia, would decide to leave us, have no doubt Turkey would settle the "Armenian problem" once and for all. They wanted to invade us during the Artsakh liberation war and if it weren't for Russia they would've done it. So we have to be thankful that our national interests currently coincide with the national interests of Russia.
          Which other country provides us with modern day armaments for cheap prices or even for free?
          Believe it or not but during the early days of the Artsakh liberation war our soldiers didn't even have enough bullets to go fight. During shooting exercises they were all given three bullets to shoot and that was it, after that they were sent to the front to fight. This all changed after the Soviet Union fell (August 1991) and independent Russia supplied us with weapons. This is not just something I've read but I've heard this from many Artsakh war veterans. You just have to look at the facts, our victories during this liberation war started from early 1992 onwards (Shushi was liberated in May, 1992).
          Now, like it or not, in the foreseeable future we are dependent on Russia. This doesn't have to be something wrong per se. In this age of globalism all nations are dependent upon eachother at some level, even superpowers as Russia, America, China etc. Just look at what the American financial crisis did to the rest of the world. Now do you seriously expect Armenia to be fully independent?

Regarding the oligarchs, I share your concerns however I would want you to be more rational in this issue as well. I don't know what you've been taught during your history classes but all developed nations in this world have gone through the same "growing" pains that we are experiencing now. Just a century and a half ago there were "oligarchs" here in western europe. They all enriched themselves by exploiting the working class majority. This didn't change in a day or two and the change didn't come from politicians but it evolved from the society. The change came from the rich themselves who began doing something back for society with the money they earned. That's why I agree with people who say that our current government is the reflection of our society. We as a society have not developed that mindset which places national interests above personal interests. This is one of the consequences of not having an independent state in more than six centuries.
          Please bear in mind that our republic is only 20 years old. It's not fair nor rational to compare Armenia to any developed country. In the 20 years of our young republics existence we have experienced hardships which most countries don't experience in a century or more. After all this, it's a miracle that we even have an independent homeland. Now back to the oligarchs, in short we need a lot of "Ralph Yirikian's" before this situation changes. Please if you have the time read this post by Federate about Ralph Yirikian:

“Armenia is 19 years old,” Yirikian says. “Look 10 to 20 years from now (before making a judgment on progress). What is important is the vision in the long run. It is not enough to love your Armenian identity. You love your identity by giving your best effort (to make change).”

We all want a rich, independent and strong homeland but we have to be patient. As one former member (Armenian) of this forum put it:

"We need a political evolutional, not a revolution"

If we don't show the patience and opt for a quick solution, we risk losing our independent country once and for all.
          Last edited by Lernakan; 02-08-2011, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Setta View Post
            Don't want to start a firestorm....I understand the disappointment with US policy regarding Artsakh and the Genocide recogntion, but the US govt and Diaspora provide generous funding to Armenia unlike Russia............Why is Armenia wasting her time with Russia when we could have the US as our superpower ally?
            Setta,

I know you mean well and I really don't want to offend you or anything but please take Armanen's advice and read that thread carefully before you make more comments like this again. I don't know how long it's been since you've looked at a map but it wouldn't hurt to take a map out and carefully look at the position of Armenia and our neighbours. Again this isn't meant to offend you but your comment really reaches absurdity.

Comment

Originally posted by Lernakan View Post
              Nare,

You're saying the Russians only help us because it's in their own interest like it's something wrong. All nations work for their own interests, America does it. They bomb Iraq and Afghanistan to bring democracy there but when it comes to Egypt than democracy is suddenly a problem. In short every nation works for their own interests and so should we. However, let's get real here, if Armenia was left to itself we couldn't survive for a day. I know this doesn't sound "pleasant" but we all should put our emotions aside and assess the situation with a rational mind. Armenia, is a small landlocked country with a dwindling population and no real economy to speak of. We have what we have because of the enormous sacrifice our ancestors have made and because Russia needs us in this region. If Russia, would decide to leave us, have no doubt Turkey would settle the "Armenian problem" once and for all. They wanted to invade us during the Artsakh liberation war and if it weren't for Russia they would've done it. So we have to be thankful that our national interests currently coincide with the national interests of Russia.
              Which other country provides us with modern day armaments for cheap prices or even for free?
              Believe it or not but during the early days of the Artsakh liberation war our soldiers didn't even have enough bullets to go fight. During shooting exercises they were all given three bullets to shoot and that was it, after that they were sent to the front to fight. This all changed after the Soviet Union fell (August 1991) and independent Russia supplied us with weapons. This is not just something I've read but I've heard this from many Artsakh war veterans. You just have to look at the facts, our victories during this liberation war started from early 1992 onwards (Shushi was liberated in May, 1992).
              Now, like it or not, in the foreseeable future we are dependent on Russia. This doesn't have to be something wrong per se. In this age of globalism all nations are dependent upon eachother at some level, even superpowers as Russia, America, China etc. Just look at what the American financial crisis did to the rest of the world. Now do you seriously expect Armenia to be fully independent?

Regarding the oligarchs, I share your concerns however I would want you to be more rational in this issue as well. I don't know what you've been taught during your history classes but all developed nations in this world have gone through the same "growing" pains that we are experiencing now. Just a century and a half ago there were "oligarchs" here in western europe. They all enriched themselves by exploiting the working class majority. This didn't change in a day or two and the change didn't come from politicians but it evolved from the society. The change came from the rich themselves who began doing something back for society with the money they earned. That's why I agree with people who say that our current government is the reflection of our society. We as a society have not developed that mindset which places national interests above personal interests. This is one of the consequences of not having an independent state in more than six centuries.
              Please bear in mind that our republic is only 20 years old. It's not fair nor rational to compare Armenia to any developed country. In the 20 years of our young republics existence we have experienced hardships which most countries don't experience in a century or more. After all this, it's a miracle that we even have an independent homeland. Now back to the oligarchs, in short we need a lot of "Ralph Yirikian's" before this situation changes. Please if you have the time read this post by Federate about Ralph Yirikian:

“Armenia is 19 years old,” Yirikian says. “Look 10 to 20 years from now (before making a judgment on progress). What is important is the vision in the long run. It is not enough to love your Armenian identity. You love your identity by giving your best effort (to make change).”

We all want a rich, independent and strong homeland but we have to be patient. As one former member (Armenian) of this forum put it:

"We need a political evolutional, not a revolution"

If we don't show the patience and opt for a quick solution, we risk losing our independent country once and for all.

Well said enker jan!
              For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
              to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Chem uzum otar lezvov grem, dyq kardum eq ereq orva wikileaksi grarumnern Hayastani masin? Dran el inc kareli a avelacnel? Erkirn datarkvum e...

Shater@ pordzum en takcnel aid pastn, baic el hnaravor che.

Lernakan,

Ete kardum es aid hodvatznern apa inqt el gites we can't afford waiting, we just don't have that time left...

Comment

Originally posted by Lernakan View Post
                  Nare,
                  Now do you seriously expect Armenia to be fully independent?
                  I would say as long as we are moving (even ever so slowly) towards full independance and not stagnate or move backwards then it should turn out OK.

Nare, where is that Wikileak document you talk about.
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                    Nare, where is that Wikileak document you talk about.
                    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

In respect to globalization, the U.S. doesn't act in its own interest, the U.S. military complex is like an army for hire. It will be sent to fight or protect the interests of the wealthy where ever in the world it is needed.

Independence doesn't have to mean isolating your country from the rest of the world. Forming alliances to fend off enemies is part of survival. Independance is about forming your own identity/culture and being in control of your own destiny. Wealth is also directly related to culture, you can breed poor culture and you can breed rich culture. This stems from education, work ethic and a society that favours development and growth by the majority of the people, not just by a few individuals. You have to be careful to avoid defining wealth as a collective of the population. You've achieved wealth when the average family doesn't have to worry about the basics like shelter or food but instead can focus on producing goods or services for others. Including their Georgian neighbours.
                      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                      X