Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Interview with Grand Prince Roland Bagratouni, Legatee of Throne of the Kingdom of We

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with Grand Prince Roland Bagratouni, Legatee of Throne of the Kingdom of We

Interview with Grand Prince Roland Bagratouni, Legatee of Throne of the Kingdom of Western Armenia

Q: Your Highness, please, tell, how and why did you come to the idea of declaration of the Kingdom of Western Armenia?

A: By force of natural and historical right inherited from the Armenian Gods, by call of our ancestors, and by decision of the United Congress of numerous social-politic organizations of Armenian monarchists, and descendants of gentry and principal families, who live now outside of their historical motherland, We, Legatee of the Armenian Throne and Grand Prince Roland Bagratouni, announced declaration and creation of independent state, such as the Kingdom of Western Armenia.

Q: On which territory and by which human resources the independent Kingdom of Western Armenia has to be formed?

A: In the historical past, the life of Armenians has flown within a territory, known in geographical science as Armenian Plateau. Spiritual, religious and political appearance of Armenian people was being formed just in this region. We have lived there for centuries, and we have created there the values of culture, both national and common to all mankind. And Armenians should continue to live there – in its independent and united state.
    We mainly will lean for support of our numerous compatriots: by different estimations, over 18 million Armenians live now in the whole of the world; in that number, about 14 million Armenians live outside of the Republic of Armenia. Despite most of them have no ties with their motherland, do not speak Armenian, and they adopted other creeds, a lot of people collaborate with us and support us. In that number, we have many followers in Turkey. So we are united in our spirit, mind and matter, though many our compatriots speak other languages.

Q: Doesn’t it mean some territorial claims to other state and people, existing now on the Armenian Plateau? How realistic are your plans?

A: Of course, we understand that several states, though artificial but still strong, have been created on given territories. And these states will not give us back our historical lands for no particular reason. That is today’s reality. However, let me to say that this reality should not be everlasting and exist tomorrow: every geopolitical change will be possible, won’t it?

Q: What about the future for people that live within Armenian Plateau? What is in store for them?

A: The Kingdom of Western Armenia will realize full social and political equality of rights for all its citizens, independently from their religious, racial and sexual belonging. The Kingdom of Western Armenia will ensure freedom of conscience and religion, education and culture rights. We shall protect the holy places of all religions, and we shall be true to the principles of the United Nations’ Charter.
    Our Constitution, legislation and Government guarantee autonomy within the Kingdom of Western Armenia for all non-indigenous nations – Turks, Kurds, Greeks, Assyrians, Adzharians, Georgians, Persians, Arabs. Not any representative of non-indigenous nationality will be deported from the Kingdom of Western Armenia!

Q: At present, there are two Armenian states in the world already. In addition, you also declare creation of the Kingdom of Western Armenia. Won’t it be a bit too much for Armenians?

A: Of course, it won’t be. Because final quality, not quantity is the matter. In a concrete historical moment, all Armenian states must be ready to take part in creation of the United and Great Armenia. For us – and for me, personally – only United and Great Armenia is considered the Motherland. And in a specific historical moment all of us must be ready to take part in the creation of the Kingdom of Western Armenia.

Q: Your Highness, tell, please, where are you from, where do you live, and what are you occupied with.

A: We, Grand Prince Roland Bagratouni, Legatee of Throne of the Kingdom of Western Armenia, live now in the city of Budapest, capital of Hungary. I got excellent education, and I have a command of different languages. In recent past, I worked as member of scientific team, film director, and journalist. I have written ten books and numerous articles on different topical issues. Over 50 last years, I have been served as a priest in church. At present, I am a pensioner.
    To the point, at one time I have been pursued and subjected to repression by Communist authorities if Hungary and Poland, as well as by Soviet State Security Committee (CGB).
    I would like to publish a web link where I put some interesting information about crowned rulers of the Armenian Kingdom, including my ancestors:

A: We do not doubt that the Kingdom of Western Armenia will have such recognition sooner or later. UN will have to recognize independence of declared Kingdom of Western Armenia. The people that went through the Genocide of 1915, massacres in Baku and Sumgait, and won liberation war against Azerbaijan, should get international recognition of the Kingdom of Western Armenia.
    We have all necessary grounds to reach this aim, including legal base as the Sèvres Treaty is.
    Already today some real work in this direction is being made. By the way, national minorities living in Turkey expressed their readiness to help us in this issue.
    Before creating of elective and normally functioning state bodies (in accordance with the Constitution, which will be adopted by National constituent Assembly), Coordinative Council will operate as Provisional Government of the Kingdom of Western Armenia in exile. Before international recognition of the Kingdom of Western Armenia, this provisional government will work in virtual space – through the Internet, as well by the means of plenipotentiary persons on behalf of the legatee of Armenian throne.
    Basic attributes of state, such are national flag, coat of arms, anthem, civil passports and postal stamps are already prepared.

Q: Please, say a couple of words about foreign and internal policy priorities of the Kingdom of Western Armenia.

A: We see the future of the Kingdom of Western Armenia in integration into European space, as well as into NATO. We extend a hand of peace, and we offer friendly relations to all neighbour countries and nations, and we call to resolve every problematical question in the spirit of collaboration, in the name of historical justice restoration. It concerns also Turkey: if this country recognizes the Armenian Genocide and Armenians’ right on appropriate contribution.

Kingdom of Western Armenia will be open for all sections of Armenian emigration, to return back Armenians that are now scattered all over the world. We will strain every effort for country development, for the good for all its inhabitants. Kingdom of Western Armenia will be grounded on the principles of freedom, justice and peace.

Q: What would you like to add from yourself?

A: Government of the Kingdom of Western Armenia prepares an appeal to the authorities of Turkey; we call them to give up the territory of Ani in favour of the Kingdom of Western Armenia, and to recognize first the Kingdom of western Armenia. We rely on common sense of Turkish authorities. On our opinion, it will be the first step towards establishment of normal relations between Armenians and Turks.
    We call representatives of Armenian people everywhere in the world to rally around the Kingdom of Western Armenia, making contribution to international recognition and construction of their native land and country.

Q: What task for the Kingdom of Western Armenia you expect in such, so to say, politically nervous region as the Middle East?

We told repeatedly that the monarch of the Kingdom of Western Armenia would be not a sovereign nor politician, but supreme judge and nation’s spiritual leader that symbolize all-national idea. This monarch will reign but not rule. At the same time, he will have wide plenary powers and rights.

Q: Please, tell what you are going to do for international recognition of the Kingdom of Western Armenia.

A: It’s our firm belief that renaissance of the Kingdom of Western Armenia will make beneficial influence on the process of construction and keeping of peace in the whole Middle East. During centuries and millenniums, Armenians have shown themselves not only as excellent warriors, but as skillful diplomats, too. As for Turks, they should remember that during Turkish-Polish wars in XV-XVII centuries, Armenian diplomats have distinguished themselves when served for kings. There was not any problem that they could not resolve, indeed!

However, let me assure that my compatriots’ efforts will be more efficient when they will serve for their motherland. Armenians are adherents of peace, and they can reconcile enemies. Therefore, I think, the Kingdom of Western Armenia could be a guarantor of peace in the Middle East region, as well. It could bring to the end of reticence between Turks and Kurds, or between Arabs and xxxs, or between Iran and West.

Yerevan-Stockholm-Budapesht

Wikipedia: Roland von Bagratuni: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Roland_von_Bagratuni

I found this interview and thought it would inttrest some of you.

Re: Interview with Grand Prince Roland Bagratouni, Legatee of Throne of the Kingdom o

Aha!!! That's where our medieval nobility ended up...

If I'm not mistaken there should be scion of the house of Bagraduni in Russia as well. I also think Russia hosts the remnant of the Orbelian family. Anyway, I like this Roland character. He says he is a pensioner, obviously he does not have much to do, he seems to be wealthy (I could be wrong), so he is looking for a kingdom to rule over. I say, why not. I think this would be a very good opportunity to piss-off Turks by proclaiming our "grand price Roland of the house of Bagrakuni" King of Western Armenia - that is, Anatolian Turkey.

Just image the political hoopla...

Karo, how did you find this article? Good find nevertheless.
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Re: Interview with Grand Prince Roland Bagratouni, Legatee of Throne of the Kingdom o

lol who is this idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Կարմիր Բ View Post
        lol who is this idiot
        I know you are into bloody revolutions and Gulags and all that but I suggest you have some respect for our great Prince soon to be King Roland of Western Armenia.

Got it, Lenin Jr?
        Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

He claims there are 18 million Armenians in the world... thats completely wrong. There are no more than 10 million.

He seems like a Megalomaniac, mentioning the "Armenian Gods"... I wonder how that will sit with Karekin II. Plus where did he get the "von" in his name, is he half-German or something? And why does he want to create a kingdom... illusions of grandeur? (symptom of megalomania)

Plus, the Bagratunis of Armenia were overthrown in 1064. Time to move on. I appreciate that he is in touch with his roots and that he wants a united Armenia, but saying absurd things will not further his cause.

Comment

I like this guy!

Comment

who do you like? Grand prince rolaand or somebody else

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                who do you like? Grand prince rolaand or somebody else
                "The grand prince"

Comment

Working...
                X