Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Elections in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Presidential elections 2008 in Armenia

Thank you guys for welcoming me, but it's been long time that I'm here, almost a year and a half, but thanks anyhow

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post

Garen Demirjian was another one of the Soviet era's worthless technocrats. It was during Garen Demirjian's watch that the Azeri population within Armenia grew and prospered as Armenian regions such as Zangezur suffered from state neglect. It was during Garen Demirjian's watch that the uneducated "Rabiz" sub-culture within Armenia became very prominent. And it was Garen Demirjian that tried very hard to stop Armenians from rising up and fighting for Artsakh during the early stages of the conflict.

The above two individuals won't be missed much within Armenian politics. Nevertheless, I need not say a single word about how dangerous Levon Ter Petrosian's administration was. The man in question was a criminal agent working for foreign powers and should have been tried for treason.
      Karen Demirchian was also a longtime leader of Soviet Armenia. He was sacked as first secretary of the Armenian Communist Party in 1988 for failing to halt a popular movement for Nagorno-Karabakh’s unification with Armenia. Ter-Petrosian was one of the main leaders of that movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
        According to Artsakh war veterans Vazgen Sarkisian also made many mistakes during the war that caused the deaths of many Armenians.
        Now exactly who would those "Artaskh war veterans" be? and exactly what "mistakes" did he make?, and exactly whose "deaths" did it cause?

And if you don't mind me asking, where exactly do you come up with these stuff?

While many freedom fighters have not been fond of what he did while in office, and I'm talking about real azatamartiks and not your kind of "ultra patriots" who kill millions of turks everyday on the internet and who write poetry and essays all day long, i mean the REAL mountain warriors who picked up arms and shed blood on the real battlefield, these folks have highly regarded Vazgens technical and strategic brilliance on the battle field, and his role as the founder of the modern victorious Armenian Army.

but in any manner, do look forward to what responses you pull out of your jealous butt.

Comment

I don't support neither Ter-Petrosyan or the regime. I think it will be good though that there is another political power because they will ''check'' each other so neither of them will be able to steal too many money.

Comment

Russian Duma deputy: The main struggle will be between Levon Ter Petrosyan and Serge Sargsyan

“If Levon Ter Petrosyan enters the presidential race, the main battle will be between him and Serge Sargsyan,” stated Russian Duma deputy Konstantin Zatulin when talking about CIS issues. As he puts it, Ter Petrosyan’s return forces people to take a serious look at the candidate’s chances, since he is a serious political figure. To the question as to who has the greatest chance of being elected, Zatulin believes Sargsyan is that candidate, but that Ter Petrosyan has many supporters. “The presidential elections will see a heated struggle between the present situation and frustrated hopes in Armenia,” the deputy underlined. To the question as to which candidate is more preferable to Russia, Zatulin said it was more important that great disturbances don’t occur. In his words, if Ter Petrosyan and Sargsyan are pro-Armenian, it doesn’t make sense to say one is pro-Western or pro-Russian. Concerning the possibility of a “color” revolution, the Russian deputy doesn’t rule that out, but added, “I can’t say that Levon Ter Petrosyan, who laid the foundation of the republic, will risk the country’s future or do anything to destabilize the current situation. He is not an adventurer, but on the other hand an experienced politician.”

Source: http://www.panorama.am/en/politics/2007/11/03/rd/
            Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

What about Raffi Hovhannisian?

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
                What about Raffi Hovhannisian?
                Raffi Hovhananessian is a diasporan armenian and became a citizen of Armenia only a few years ago. A fitting role for him would be Foreign Minister.

Comment

The bottom line is that:

- Levon Ter-Petrosian was one of the main leaders of the popular movement for Nagorno-Karabakh’s reunification with Armenia.
                  - It was Levon Ter-Petrosian who laid the foundation of the modern Armenian republic.

During Levon Ter-Petrosian’s years in power:

-Armenia established itself as an independent state.
                  -Armenia emerged victorious in the war against Azerbaijan.
                  -Artsakh became liberated.
                  -Armenia overcame the energy crisis.

And these are the facts.

Comment

A RECKLESS SCHEME
                    LILIT POGHOSYAN

"Hayots Ashkharh"Armenian Daily
                    10 Nov 07

Director of `Goy' theater Armen Mazmanyan expresses his viewpoints
                    regarding Armenian Pan National Movement and Levon Ter-Petrosyan's
                    second advent.

`It is a reckless scheme. Maybe we could understand Levon
                    Ter-Petrosyan had he confessed his guilt ` coal, black oil, energetic
                    crises, hunger, demolished economy, ruined financial system,
                    moral-ethical fall, emigration, and humiliation of their own nation¦
                    All this has occurred during his years of power. At that time I
                    didn't criticize Levon Ter-Petrosyan, simply because I respect the
                    Presidential institute. The same is at present ` as the citizen of
                    Armenia I respect that phenomenon. I have criticized the system, I have
                    criticized the structure, and today I have to say that Levon
                    Ter-Petrosyan was the one who headed all this.
                    Moreover, we have lived under the rule of a President who has
                    publicly declared that national ideology is a false category. And this
                    has been said by the President. This was the `program' of a president
                    that considered himself liberal.
                    And even if Levon Ter-Petrosyan was an
                    ideal President, as an Armenian, as a human being, I deny, I can't
                    accept him.
                    Secondly ` he said we must cede the small to win the big. That is to
                    say for the first time after 1000 years we have shed blood for our
                    lands and now we must cede these lands for unknown reasons. This means
                    we shouldn't create problems with the Turks, that we don't need all the
                    intellectual spheres, that we should forget about industry, that we
                    should make this country a banana state, etc. I'm not using foul
                    language; I simply want to refresh people's memory.

Before resigning, in 1998, he announced that the party of peace was
                    leaving and the party of war was coming. But it turned out to be a lie.
                    On the contrary, the power of peace came, the power of economic
                    progress, because whatever they say, people can see those streets and
                    the lights in the streets.

And after all people don't go to street-protests. See what is
                    happening in Georgia, because they have lots of hungry people. But in
                    our reality people are more or less well off. It s another thing who is
                    fair who is unfair.'
                    ` But the ex-President has appeared to `demand an answer from the
                    administration of chieftains?'
                    `That is why I'm saying that it is a reckless scheme. What the
                    pro-opposition powers including Levon Ter-Petrosyan insist on is -
                    `They must go, we must come.' For me, as a citizen, it doesn't sound
                    swaying. This can't be a national political program, `give us power,
                    and everything will be ok.' Especially because they have already proved
                    that life is terrible with them, the conversation is about Levon and
                    Armenian Pan National Movement.
                    As for Levon Ter-Petrosyan's `return' I think it is not considered
                    by this fact. Most probably he doesn't have any other chance, maybe
                    they don't even ask him. Maybe I'm wrong, but to appear after 9 years
                    silence, in case when the life is more or less stable, the country's
                    situation is more promising, and to renounce all this, is nothing more
                    than godlessness.
                    This is said by someone who, being a director of a theater, by now
                    doesn't have a state status. Which means I must have been the most
                    offended person. But I'm trying to stand above this offense and to
                    understand that these people are simply playing and by the way playing
                    unsuccessfully and as a prognosis I must say that their game is
                    useless.

Comment

PM Sarkisian is Favourite Candidate in Armenia

Armenian prime minister Serge Sarkisian could become the country’s next president, according to a poll by the Armenian Sociological Association. 31.9 per cent of respondents would vote for Sarkisian in next year’s ballot. Gagik Tsarukyan—an independent politician and one of Armenia’s wealthiest men—is a distant second with 12 per cent, followed by National Assembly chairman Artur Baghdasaryan with 11.2 per cent, and former president Levon Ter Petrossian with 3.8 per cent. Armenian president Robert Kocharyan was re-elected to a new four-year term in March 2003 in an election marred by fraud allegations. The next presidential election is scheduled for Feb. 19, 2008. On Apr. 4, Sarkisian became Armenia’s new prime minister following the death of Andranik Markarian. The Republican Party of Armenia (HHK) was headed by Markarian until his death, and is now primarily led by Sarkisian. In May, Armenian voters renewed the 131-member National Assembly. Final results gave the HHK 32.82 per cent of the vote and 64 seats, making it the strongest party in the legislature. On that same month, Sarkisian said he would seek the presidency next year, declaring, "The elections showed that our party got a serious vote of confidence, and if the party decides so, I will definitely run." On Oct. 1, Rule of Law (OY) party member Artashes Avoyan announced that Baghdasaryan would be their presidential candidate. Avoyan said the choice was made due to Baghdasaryan’s "high approval rating."

Polling Data

Who would you vote for in the presidential election?

Serge Sarkisian 31.9%

Gagik Tsarukyan 12.0%

Artur Baghdasaryan 11.2%

Levon Ter Petrossian 3.8%

Source: Armenian Sociological Association
                      Methodology: Face-to-face interviews with 1,000 Armenian adults, conducted in October 2007. Margin of error is 2.2 per cent.

Source: http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/view...ate_in_armenia
                      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X